CAG PS3 Fighting Game Matchmaking Thread - Injustice out NAO!

Anytime moves don't chain together, there's a window where you can backdash or do an invincible move. Or you can do my favorite option, block.

GGs Esper and Option.

I thought I found my calling With Gief, then Option got that luck ass time out. Who knows?! He was fun to play (except that Sim vs Gief match up was a joke).

[quote name='option.iv']Hey guys, here's an interesting video for those of you interested in plinking and its applications. And made by Esper's older brother! haha j/k
[/QUOTE]

ggs to j-cart and option yesterday and the week before. I haven't checked this thread in ages.

wtf, it is MY brother, fool! I need check out that video. I'm going to put this on my favorites list. Thanks for posting it.

I was doing okay in our earlier matches, getting some wins here and there(not much). And then your Vega turned 360 on me. That bastard raped me a new one. Vega's kara and tick throws; bleh, I couldn't tech anything. You baited those os techs like it was nothing. I am predictabo, lol. In the later matches, I threw my patience out the window and started to go on a relentless(brainless) offense mindset. I was trying to rush you down, hopefully it would catch you off guard. It didn't. So, I tried to do some of the things you despised(sorry mang)- random/stupid stuff like wake-up jabs/shorts. I needed something to counter vega's jabs and throw setups. No success. Also, I tried to do early-attack jump-ins to stuff your jump-ins. Another reason why I used it - I needed to close the distance on you. It's not the best idea.

What I need to be doing is taking advantage of vega on knockdown. I was too much of a pussy to jumpin.

Ground game is stuffed with cr.lp/cr.mp. I could beat it with... I keep forgetting to use these moves.

Include vega's taunt and migraines(I mean mindgames) you are left with this =
my747510081923.jpg

I'm "Salty the Snowman". Kinda cool, I need a salt shaker to house my NaCl'ness.

I'm going to stick with Rose and Ken. Fight fire with fire. Or guile... I'm going to play more patient to my heart's content. And watch out for the green guy too cause I know you hate that character with the passion.

Good games esper and jcart.

Esper, noticed you're doing os jump ins now. Against Bison, you want to do lp srk instead of hp/ex to catch ex headstomp. And when doing this against vega, you have to guess whether or not I backflip or backdash, because those OSes will whiff on backslash. Keep practicing them too and following them up with the normal ground attacks. I notcied that you stood there for a bit after a jump in. just get used to the timing. It's sorta like this.

Jump in, F+Fierce Punch, (during hit/block stun) Down, downforward+LP, (land) cr.lk, cr.lp, etc.

Jcart, great games bud. You just gotta work on dem combos son. Big part of the game is punishing. Also, I know Bison doesn't have the best anti air, but work on his st rh from far away and teleport. Because it's Super, his options on wakeup aren't that great anymore, ex psycho is punishable and it's easy to safe jump ex scissors. That really only leaves you blocking and teleport, and occasional ex devils reverse.

As for plinking, say you're Bison, one of his most useful plinks is cr.lk x 3.

It'll look like this.

cr.lk, cr.lk~lp, cr.lk~lp xx lk scissors

Basically your thumb is closer to the buttons and index finger slightly higher, when you press down, your thumb will hit first and index follows after. This makes the links a little easier (I believe they're 2 frame links). Basically you want to plink whenever you are trying to link two normals with a very small window (excluding linking lp) or are trying to be as precise framewise with normals (i.e. block strings).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='option.iv']As for plinking, say you're Bison, one of his most useful plinks is cr.lk x 3.

It'll look like this.

cr.lk, cr.lk~lp, cr.lk~lp xx lk scissors[/QUOTE]

fuck, why didn't I think of that?!

GG's Mr. Beef and Option tonight.

It was a long wait until I played someone that I am 5-5 against.

Soooooo many 4-6 matchups for Seth tonight.

I'm trying to make the song rhyme but I just can't.

I troll
I troll
It's off to work I troll.
I use Ryu to do Hadou
I troll I troll I troll
I troll
I troll
It's off to work I go.
I use Ryu to spam Shoryu
I troll I troll I troll.

[quote name='Paco']I'm trying to make the song rhyme but I just can't.

I troll
I troll
It's off to work I troll.
I use Ryu to do Hadou
I troll I troll I troll
I troll
I troll
It's off to work I go.
I use Ryu to spam Shoryu
I troll I troll I troll.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA it works!

Wonder if Shin Akuma will be like his CvS2 counter part (maybe his HP will be less than Seth's?)

Still sucks that I can only play as charge characters.

BTW I got Tekken 6 for free during black friday (sadly it is a greatest hit version?!) but yah I'll enjoy getting my ass kicked in that game if anyone wants to play.

Well. I'm surprised it's taken me this long to find a matchmaking thread. My PSN is DarkParodius.

BBCS, SSFIV, Tekken 6, et cetera. The one I'll usually hop on for is SSFIV I still need quite a bit of work on Honda/Rose.

Byakurai, though the list is sort of defunct (too lazy to update). Sign up on the OP.

Also, good games jcart, sorry, was playing trying to teach a friend and show him how I view street fighter. Also Balrog's cr.lp to st.rh is GDLK.

Also just finished the main storyline on Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, I'm thinking of making a sign up list for that game as well. That game is the bees knees.

GGs option. Balrog is pretty fun to play as. I havent had much time, but damn his combos are easy to pull off.

Was trying to land a st.lp to cr.hk on you each round. Gonna practice that cr.lp to st.hk alot.

As for that naruto game, anyone character with a puppet are pretty much A-tiers with Hokage Naruto at S-tier. It sucks that Kabuto is just okay in the game. His healing abilities are so good that he can revive the dead. Unlocking characters is a bitch in this game.

Byakurai: I'll add you when I get the chance. I just got Tekken 6, so i'll play some of that and SSF4 with yah.

The only thing I think they should balance is the Substitution jutsu. If the other person has turbo, they can just mash L2 or R2 during a combo and get out, and it doesn't even use that much chakra (energy). Like during the adventure mode, I just resorted to ougi the whole time because the cpu would just fall out of the combo after a couple hits.

Yeah, those puppeteers are just hard to get to with those puppets in the way.

Got dam you namco!

edit: In other news, classic SNK fighters are coming to PSN. i.e. Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, etc. I'm sure the only person who might be excited is Paco.

[quote name='option.iv']Also, good games jcart, sorry, was playing trying to teach a friend and show him how I view street fighter. Also Balrog's cr.lp to st.rh is GDLK.

Also just finished the main storyline on Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, I'm thinking of making a sign up list for that game as well. That game is the bees knees.[/QUOTE]"Ryu is my alt.."

[quote name='option.iv']Got dam you namco!

edit: In other news, classic SNK fighters are coming to PSN. i.e. Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, etc. I'm sure the only person who might be excited is Paco.[/QUOTE]

If this means they bring over Mark of the Wolves, then put me in that group of being EXCITED!

[quote name='option.iv']Got dam you namco!

edit: In other news, classic SNK fighters are coming to PSN. i.e. Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, etc. I'm sure the only person who might be excited is Paco.[/QUOTE]

Launching with KOF 94? NO THANK YOU. When we get 95, 97 and 98 then I'll start getting the excitement.

Is this where option will play it a few days, get beat up badly then say fuck THIS GAME. IT SUCKS and then go back to Super Street Fighter 4?

I might get the Original SamSho for memories and Metal Slug since that's always tits. But KOF 94, original Fatal Fury? Meh. I'm waiting for later SNK games.

[quote name='Paco']Is this where option will play it a few days, get beat up badly then say fuck THIS GAME. IT SUCKS and then go back to Super Street Fighter 4?[/QUOTE]
Highly probable.

Anyways, good games Esper, ura, and blitz. Had lots of fun, now me am burntz out.

Well, I updated the OP. Unfortunately took out all the games but SSFIV. The SSFIV sign up has been reset. If you guys are ok with this form and spreadsheet format or would request another format, just give me your feedback. And if you want any other games included, just post about it as well.

[quote name='Paco']Launching with KOF 94? NO THANK YOU. When we get 95, 97 and 98 then I'll start getting the excitement.

Is this where option will play it a few days, get beat up badly then say fuck THIS GAME. IT SUCKS and then go back to Super Street Fighter 4?

I might get the Original SamSho for memories and Metal Slug since that's always tits. But KOF 94, original Fatal Fury? Meh. I'm waiting for later SNK games.[/QUOTE]

I hope Neogeo BC comes someday. I'm interested in that. I would pick up Samsho for the memories as well. Use to play it a ton back in the day.

I haven't played Blazblue CS in forever. When is the balance patch coming?

[quote name='Zero_Kirby']when CS2 hits arcade[/QUOTE]

It already has, and we're not getting platinum until spring 2011. So not until then, at least ... probably.

GGs (a week late, lol.)

Just updated my info on the spreadsheet. I'm going to focus a little bit more on Rose. :)

The other chick is going to sit on the bench for awhile.

[quote name='Esper']GGs (a week late, lol.)

Just updated my info on the spreadsheet. I'm going to focus a little bit more on Rose. :)

The other chick is going to sit on the bench for awhile.[/QUOTE]

But her tits in MvC3 are soo huge...

Good games last night/this morning Esper. I had U MAD all over mah face.

And yes, C.Viper's bewbs are top tier.

Just got these in the mail. Thanks to Paco for pointing them out for me.

Behold, the Neo Geo Pad USB.

Still trying them out but the controller is smexy. It's almost like a miniature stick. The dpad isn't exactly a dpad in that it has microswitches just like an arcade stick. Definitely looking forward to playing them Neo Geo games.

Now I'm not exactly a pad expert, though I'm getting some "legit" Saturn pads in the mail soon. Maybe then I can do a quick comparison.

couple first impressions:
- the "dpad" blows the DS3 pad out of the water.
- essentially a miniature joystick with a circle restrictor. Throw is small since the length of the "stick" is shorter.
- PS button is recessed deep, meaning it'd be hard to accedentally press it, but at the same time not exactly easy to do so intentionally
- buttons are flat and not muddy like the DS3 buttons.
- light, black matte finish. Doesn't feel cheap and feels pretty sturdy.
- made by exar (hit or miss with those guys), but licensed by sony.
- the layout is l1 and r1 on the face as opposed to r1 or r2. (luckily SSFIV has a controller type b layout that caters to this button layout.
- the molding around the buttons is thinner than the molding around the "dpad" side.
- back is mostly flat with a very shallow cresent indentation, not exactly optimal for gripping.
- l2 and r2 at clicky buttons as opposed to the DS3 pressure sensitive ones.

Dunno what to do with the other 3. I'm thinking of keeping them as backups because the PS2 neo geo pad and the original neo geo pad were notorious for the stick not functioning after several months due to dust accumulation. Either that, or if these become a collectors item (seem to be sold out everywhere), I'll sell them.

[quote name='option.iv']Just got these in the mail. Thanks to Paco for pointing them out for me.

Behold, the Neo Geo Pad USB. They're actually licensed by Sony.

Still trying them out but the controller is smexy. It's almost like a miniature stick. The dpad isn't exactly a dpad in that it has microswitches just like an arcade stick. Definitely looking forward to playing them Neo Geo games.

Now I'm not exactly a pad expert, though I'm getting some "legit" Saturn pads in the mail soon. Maybe then I can do a quick comparison.

- essentially a miniature joystick with a circle restrictor. Throw is small since the length of the "stick" is shorter.
- PS button is recessed deep, meaning it'd be hard to accedentally press it, but at the same time not exactly easy to do so intentionally
- the layout is l1 and r1 on the face as opposed to r1 or r2. (luckily SSFIV has a controller type b layout that caters to this button layout.
- the molding around the buttons is thinner than the molding around the "dpad" side.
- back is mostly flat with a very shallow cresent indentation, not exactly optimal for gripping.

Dunno what to do with the other 3. I'm thinking of keeping them as backups because the PS2 neo geo pad and the original neo geo pad were notorious for the stick not functioning after several months due to dust accumulation.[/QUOTE]

Been wanting to get a NEO GEO pad for a while... how much it run you?

Around 50 each after tax, shipping, and misc. charges from NCSX. I've noticed NCSX and Play-Asia have upped the prices by at least $5.

Overall though, this seems like the best fighting pad money can buy you. Though this thought is a little premature considering I haven't tried the Saturn pad, hori FC3, or the madcatz pad yet.

[quote name='option.iv']Around 50 each after tax, shipping, and misc. charges from NCSX. I've noticed NCSX and Play-Asia have upped the prices by at least $5.

Overall though, this seems like the best fighting pad money can buy you. Though this thought is a little premature considering I haven't tried the Saturn pad, hori FC3, or the madcatz pad yet.[/QUOTE]

I'll be waiting patiently for your viewpoints ^_^

[quote name='option.iv']Just got these in the mail. Thanks to Paco for pointing them out for me.

Behold, the Neo Geo Pad USB.

Dunno what to do with the other 3. I'm thinking of keeping them as backups because the PS2 neo geo pad and the original neo geo pad were notorious for the stick not functioning after several months due to dust accumulation. Either that, or if these become a collectors item (seem to be sold out everywhere), I'll sell them.[/QUOTE]

I'll be ordering one of these soon enough. I already have the official sega saturn usb one, the madkatz one, and I can compare this to them.

8 man lobbies... lol. If you guys are starting. Send me an invite right now to my psn id.

I will be back around 7 PST. (I need to get some of my Xmas shopping done.)

GGs with Option. Balrog is actually really fun to play with, sadly I only know a few things with him, jb.hp and cr.hk

In slightly good news, SSF4 AE is now officially out. There is an arcade nearby where I work that plans to have the machine in the next coming month. I'll see what I can dig up, of course at the cost of me losing many quarters.

bread's done
Back