CAG PS3 Fighting Game Matchmaking Thread - Injustice out NAO!

Don't fret, you can still buy all the other stuff like the different system voices or various colors!

Seriously, don't. Yeah, I played full price for Makoto, and I don't even play the game...

[quote name='Esper']Nasty... If you do face him; slay that beast and other heavy hitters who show up at the event. Get'em!

You and your dirty tactics. Yeah, you better like them reversal sandwiches ninja.
I'm not black, so I think "ninja" is a better word rather than saying "ni**a", like an ignorant ni**a.

Anyways, offline casuals on the xbox is so good. Most of my stuff comes out way more consistent than the ps3... or maybe it was the 360 TE-S stick that made my ssfiv experience better. I don't know. I was pleased with my session today. fuck the ps3.
I'm kidding! I still got love for ya!

Sugary treats + ssfiv = :D Hyper as a motherf**k right now.

edit - Oh, and Happy belated New Years everyone![/QUOTE]

That's because the PS3 has one frame of input lag that the 360 version does NOT have which makes the timing for things a lot different on the PS3 version over the 360 version.

Actually got to try some AE. Yang is ok, sucks against guile and chun. The barely put any hitstun unless you somehow land it low. I was definitely negative on a dive kick square to hip/low chest area. Most likely best to do this on wakeup. His horizontal pokes are ass (all he has is cr.mk, maybe st.fp). Dive kicks are no where near as effective as Rufus. Yang is disappoint son. People say he is reactive and I agree, but that is the problem. For chars like Chun and Guile who have great pokes, Yang is outclassed. The only way to get in against chars with great pokes is to walk forward and block, or jump and mix up between dive kick and normal jump in, which is bad anyway since the dive kick height restriction makes them easy to anti air. His link from cr.lk to st.lp is maybe 1 or 2 frame, I'm guessing. Same with st.mp > cr.mk. And st.lp to cr.mk is maybe 2-3 frame. Those seem to be his main combos along with cr.lp > st.lp etc.

Fei long doesn't feel that much changed. Though I can still feel the buff on his ex rekka (not that big of a deal IMO). He's just solid.

Tried vega, he is ass with his cosmic heel (-3 point blank), so overall worse despite cr.mk buff/nerf.

Didn't really play with anyone else. I think I'm going to play rufus if I want decent dive kicks. But who knows, maybe I need more time with Yang.

Went to the video 94 store for AE. No one there Sunday morning midday. Sketchy as hell, but 25 cent play. Also payed a visit to AI which was crowded, but nice to pay a visit to before they close. Also played at Supercade, but don't go there, setup is laggy on laggy tvs and crappy sticks/buttons. I was meaning to try Round 1, but maybe next time. Unless AE patch is another update over the real arcade edition, I am kind of disappoint.

Been playing MK2 on psn and UMK3 on xbl for something different. There still as fun as it use to be. I still hate using the 360 d-pad though. Its easy to get good games in both. I can't believe people still play them to be honest. I mean there great,but there is much newer stuff out. Then again each one was a whole 5 bucks!

Last edited by a moderator:
my friend emailed me some semi-old news.of course, it was new to me. i previously thought that arcade infinity was closing this week. AI isn't closing, at least for another six months. they have worked out deal to extend their business license.

[quote name='jman619']Been playing MK2 on psn and UMK3 on xbl for something different. There still as fun as it use to be. I still hate using the 360 d-pad though. Its easy to get good games in both. I can't believe people still play them to be honest. I mean there great,but there is much newer stuff out. Then again each one was a whole 5 bucks![/QUOTE]

Dude There is ALWAYS someone playing Mortal Kombat. They're classics. UMK3 is considered the most competitive of the MKs with an actual tournament scene that's STILL around.

Well, over the weekend I play more yang... Definitely not a powerhouse. I know Nemo is 3rd in arcade rankings using Yang, but his winning % is a little less than the other players with diff chars. Also Round 1 is a ridiculous arcade. If anyone is in that Rowland Heights area, it's a definite must see (AE is $.50).

Also caught the MvC2 money match and most of the remaining SSFIV singles at West Coast Warzone. MvC2 was ridiculous, it was a worthwhile experience. SSFIV was a bit of a surprise seeing Abel dominate. Gustavo (801 strider) and Juicebox were truly master class taking 2nd and 3rd respectively. Kinda makes me want to pick up the big guy again.

I think for now I'm really interested in MvC3 coming up, especially after seeing the epic money match. Honestly, I'm getting a little tired of SSFIV and AE disc/DLC probably won't come out for a while (to let arcades recoup).

Good games option. I thought I could use Chun, but alas I couldn't get anything going with her.

I have gotten very tired of SSF4. I want to get better at it, but there is no point right now because of AE. Anything I try doing is just going to change in the coming months.

MvC3 however I am hyped for. I know I'm going to blow chunks, but just want to play a new fighter. Feb. 15th, I got mine coming in the mail. First time I've ever bought the "collector's edition" of any game. Option, you are going to have to put up a new sign up sheet for MvC3 soon.

Please Capcom, buy SNK. SNK hasn't been relevant since the 90s. They need to get their shit straightened out.

All people want to see out of them is a solid fighter, so take your fucking time making one. I assume the only titles people would be interested in are Garou:MOTW 2 and maybe KoFXIII (people are already starting to forget KoF). I would think the best move is to join with Capcom once more and produce CvS3.

[quote name='option.iv']Please Capcom, buy SNK. SNK hasn't been relevant since the 90s. They need to get their shit straightened out.

All people want to see out of them is a solid fighter, so take your fucking time making one. I assume the only titles people would be interested in are Garou:MOTW 2 and maybe KoFXIII (people are already starting to forget KoF). I would think the best move is to join with Capcom once more and produce CvS3.[/QUOTE]

No thank you. As much as it pains me to say this, I'd rather have SNK go with Aksys. Aksys at least knows how to do proper fast placed gameplay. To top it off many of SNK's employees from their golden days are at Aksys so they will know how to do a proper game.

Though I am worried about Aksys turning my KOFS and Fatal Furies into a moe anime blob. Then again, how do you moe Terry Bogard? How do you Moe Ryo? But Aksys does know good netcode and they even helped Examu with Arcana Heart 3. Capcom would just give it their Crapcom netcode, and it'd be just as unplayable.

I'm conflicted on this.

[quote name='Paco']No thank you. As much as it pains me to say this, I'd rather have SNK go with Aksys. Aksys at least knows how to do proper fast placed gameplay. To top it off many of SNK's employees from their golden days are at Aksys so they will know how to do a proper game.

Though I am worried about Aksys turning my KOFS and Fatal Furies into a moe anime blob. Then again, how do you moe Terry Bogard? How do you Moe Ryo? But Aksys does know good netcode and they even helped Examu with Arcana Heart 3. Capcom would just give it their Crapcom netcode, and it'd be just as unplayable.

I'm conflicted on this.[/QUOTE]

Unplayable from Capcom? LOL your shitting jman right? Anyone could do better online than SNK does. Aksys needs to get it so we could have snk vs aksys and it would play like blazblue just for paco. ;)

In case anyone was holding out or haven't bought them yet, the SSFIV Super Costume Pack is available at a reduced price of $9.99. This bundle includes the first round of alternate costume packs released for super (this does no include the SFIV packs or the newer SSFIV Ultra packs).

Note: If you downloaded one or more of the packs included in the bundle, the bundle won't appear on PSN.

[quote name='option.iv']In case anyone was holding out or haven't bought them yet, the SSFIV Super Costume Pack is available at a reduced price of $9.99. This bundle includes the first round of alternate costume packs released for super (this does no include the SFIV packs or the newer SSFIV Ultra packs).

Note: If you downloaded one or more of the packs included in the bundle, the bundle won't appear on PSN.[/QUOTE]

That kinda sucks. I pre-ordered SSF4 off Amazon way back and got that free promo costume pack (The guile/dhalsim/etc. pack). I've been waiting for a bundle to get the rest of them but now I guess I can't if it won't appear. I'd still save money by buying the other packs in the bundle...kinda lame they won't let you buy it.

even though it's an xbox stick pictured, here
500x_fighter.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5748871/of-course-theres-a-limited-edition-marvel-vs-capcom-3-arcade-fightstick

Well, buckled down and just got a Wii. I think I might have to make a Wii FGMT...

Haha, but yeah, played some TvC and am even more ecstatic about MvC3 coming up. Closer to it's release I'll put up a list and revert all back to the free edit format. Expect to see a bunch of comic book nerds up in these parts.

That Wii Sports Resort is dah real shiet dawg.

[quote name='option.iv']Well, buckled down and just got a Wii. I think I might have to make a Wii FGMT...

Haha, but yeah, played some TvC and am even more ecstatic about MvC3 coming up. Closer to it's release I'll put up a list and revert all back to the free edit format. Expect to see a bunch of comic book nerds up in these parts.

That Wii Sports Resort is dah real shiet dawg.[/QUOTE]

I've had TVC since release and it is great. Not sure why you just now got it unless you got it on the cheap since MVC3 is so close.

[quote name='Paco']"one week after MVC3"

Option IV: THIS GAME fuckING SUCKS! "goes back to Super Street Fighter IV"[/QUOTE]
Nah I only do that for Blazblue and King of Fighters 12. Apparently the netcode for MvC3 is the same as SSFIV... sooo, I predict much raging on my end.

[quote name='jman619']I've had TVC since release and it is great. Not sure why you just now got it unless you got it on the cheap since MVC3 is so close.[/QUOTE]
Just wanted to get a Wii on impulse. Partly because of TvC, but also my inner Smash Bro commanded me. Used to be a big Smash Melee person. When Brawl came out, my interest died and that's when I went to 2d fighting.

Interesting enough, that's how Juicebox Abel started...

[quote name='option.iv']Nah I only do that for Blazblue and King of Fighters 12. Apparently the netcode for MvC3 is the same as SSFIV... sooo, I predict much raging on my end.

Just wanted to get a Wii on impulse. Partly because of TvC, but also my inner Smash Bro commanded me. Used to be a big Smash Melee person. When Brawl came out, my interest died and that's when I went to 2d fighting.

Interesting enough, that's how Juicebox Abel started...[/QUOTE]

No you did that for EVERY game. Just for that, I'm gonna get Arcana Heart 3. Troll the world with ANIMU MOE FIGHTAN GAYME

Just saw this video too. Makes me wish I could execute moves that efficiently. I did take one thing from the video too, I need to rush down more.

DOUBLE POST?!

Good games Option. I was rolling through some people online with Ryu, then I was brought down to reality that I truly suck at the game. Sagat's cr.mp was solid, or was it me not getting Ryu's cr.mk off to counter it?

Get HYPED, 10 days to go.

[quote name='option.iv']Good games yesterday and today jcart. Sagat's cr.mp is 4 frames so you gotta frame trap/bait it out.

So wanna play MvC3.[/QUOTE]

Actually went into training mode to test that out. Found out you were just fishing for counter hits like usual.

I can't believe I dropped that corner combo. I freaking had you. Need to figure out how to get you to trip up on your fireballs. Sagat has some solid zoning abilities thats for sure.

Not sure what the framing is but I was trying to get that cr.mp to cr.hp link with Ryu. If I was late, hoping for a trade of sorts. Was working it in training mode and on a few onliners. Though I am digging Ryu's abilities. Need to just figure out his spacing and BnB punishes. I do miss Bison's walk and dash speed :D

And yes, MvC3. I'm currently putting together a new custom art for MvC3. We'll see how it turns out.

[quote name='j-cart']Not sure what the framing is but I was trying to get that cr.mp to cr.hp link with Ryu. If I was late, hoping for a trade of sorts. Was working it in training mode and on a few onliners. Though I am digging Ryu's abilities. Need to just figure out his spacing and BnB punishes. I do miss Bison's walk and dash speed :D[/QUOTE]

:nottalking:

Still have amazon prime. I pre-ordered MVC3 today. I hope it doesn't snow a shit load and get it delayed like it has in the past. I really want MVC3. :lol:

Anymore fighters are my favorite style of games anymore. I've been playing sciv and mortal kombat vs dc. I hate to admit I like them both.

[quote name='distgfx']Man, CAG is total brobox territory. We're never gonna get new members posting in here.[/QUOTE]

Ok Im not new but I haven't posted in here in a while. I am coming back to the fold though with MVC3 next week. It is time for me to put Halo down and move on. See you guys around when my pre-order arrives from gamestop

ryu's c.mp to c.hp link is the same timing, just less lenient, as c. mp to anything

ggs esper, sorry i only know how to play sakura and dhalsim, when i started playing dhalsim, it started lagging =[

Well, updated the OP and included Mahvel.

I'm so tempted to buy the game at Gamestop midnight. But I think I'll hold out for the game to come in the mail. Amazon has usually been good about it even if I didn't opt for release date shipping.

[quote name='option.iv']Well, updated the OP and included Mahvel.

I'm so tempted to buy the game at Gamestop midnight. But I think I'll hold out for the game to come in the mail. Amazon has usually been good about it even if I didn't opt for release date shipping.[/QUOTE]

I still have a prime trial. It offered me the release date shipping for free. Kind of worried though it might snow and get delayed. 10 dollars credit and fast shipping made me buy it from Amazon. Instead of going to Wal-Mart. I'm still hyped for it. I wish Tuesday would get here!

so far, characters that i'm looking at are
tron bonne
zero
amaterasu

oh and i'm already playing =]

load times are fasttt, way faster than sf4

some of these links are pretty hard

[quote name='anathema728']so far, characters that i'm looking at are
tron bonne
zero
amaterasu

oh and i'm already playing =]

load times are fasttt, way faster than sf4

some of these links are pretty hard[/QUOTE]

You sir have great taste :)

yeah i signed up on the list afte ri posted, i saw that you have the same team
at the store's setup, i beat some random guy with tron, 23, and amaterasu

jumping tron with low x-23 assist is good

hsien ko is pretty awesome to play too, so is taskmaster
tron bonne has some crazy as hell drill loops
sentinel gets owned fast high/lows because he's so big, definitely hard to block, it's like instant overheads into combo

bread's done
Back