CAG PS3 Fighting Game Matchmaking Thread - Injustice out NAO!

[quote name='anathema728']ruh oh, input delay for 3s OE?[/QUOTE]

Possible, but Seth said their debugging tools say there is none. I wanna see more confirmation from other people.

[quote name='option.iv']Furashu, since we both live in SD, I'm always down for online. It's better than nothing. And if it gets serious, we can casuals IRL. Bring dat loveknife.

Haha, anyways I know a little Magneto and a little Haggar so I can help you with those chars. As for Phoenix... it's a lonely road. Be prepared to feel the hate.[/QUOTE]

lol im still learning other characters and all the rules of the system... sf4 is much more simple.... lol

i just need to get better at execution! too many combos to remember...

Option gained an Optiongina from the lenient inputs of 4. He can't do 3 that well because of it. But in old country, we see SF3 inputs as incredibly lenient.

[quote name='Paco']Option gained an Optiongina from the lenient inputs of 4. He can't do 3 that well because of it. But in old country, we see SF3 inputs as incredibly lenient.[/QUOTE]
Plus I'm not making mashed potatoes.

As for the input delay. At least on my setup, I feel the slightest amount of it. (PS3 -> HDMI -> ASUS VH236H) Hell, I could be high.

Online is good, but at times I feel a hint of lag whenever I had a steady connection. My internet was crappin out last night unfortunately. Maybe I should try setting it to 0.

If my internet is not crapping out again, I'll have 3s room tonight around 8PST. All you trolls are welcome to come.

[quote name='option.iv']Plus I'm not making mashed potatoes.

As for the input delay. At least on my setup, I feel the slightest amount of it. (PS3 -> HDMI -> ASUS VH236H) Hell, I could be high.

Online is good, but at times I feel a hint of lag whenever I had a steady connection. My internet was crappin out last night unfortunately. Maybe I should try setting it to 0.

If my internet is not crapping out again, I'll have 3s room tonight around 8PST. All you trolls are welcome to come.[/QUOTE]

If it's anything like the matches we played on GGPO when you lowered it, you'll be fucking your opponent over, lol.

[quote name='option.iv']Plus I'm not making mashed potatoes.

If my internet is not crapping out again, I'll have 3s room tonight around 8PST. All you trolls are welcome to come.[/QUOTE]

GGPO made some magic with me. Beat a Ken it said KO, heard Ken die, then it rolled back, I got hit with a super and lost. First I was like LOL then I was like ?LOL? then I was like "LOL CRAPCOM"

GGPO being magic is severely overestimated. It's good netcode, but these LOLWUT moments make me say we need some more work done on netcode.

Can't mash on SF3. You're thinking of 4. And I got a CRT just for SF3. Got a 13 inch CRT and feel no lag on the thing. Using my happ stick to make this ultra ghetto fabulous.

[quote name='distgfx']If it's anything like the matches we played on GGPO when you lowered it, you'll be fucking your opponent over, lol.[/QUOTE]
Lol, good games frank and quickly. I set it to zero for the first time and me and frank were rolling back like crazy. He even was revived from the dead one round.

Yeah, definitely not setting it to zero.

Maybe it's just me, but this game is really old. It's just not clicking with me like how SSFIV, Marvel, or even HDR did.

Oh and you can mash on this game, it's just not as easy.

GG's. That KO rollback is weird, on my end it was you who died.

I need some more practice with the flow of 3S and hit-confirming into super. I'll join you guys if you run that room, Option IV. That is, if there's enough room for lil' ol me.

Hey CAG Fighting game thread.
If you want to hit me up on a few matches of 3S, don't be afraid to send an invite. Been playing 3S on GGPO for a while, I guess I'm "ok" with it.

[quote name='sniping_dreamer']Hey CAG Fighting game thread.
If you want to hit me up on a few matches of 3S, don't be afraid to send an invite. Been playing 3S on GGPO for a while, I guess I'm "ok" with it.[/QUOTE]

Ackbar.jpg

[quote name='distgfx']
Ackbar.jpg
[/QUOTE]
You checked my Xfire profile, didn't you?
I really am not good, just decent. Better than those who just picked up the game, yes, but still not too good.

[quote name='sniping_dreamer']You checked my Xfire profile, didn't you?
I really am not good, just decent. Better than those who just picked up the game, yes, but still not too good.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I didn't, but I had a feeling you'd annihilate us anyway since you have more experience.

[quote name='distgfx']Actually, I didn't, but I had a feeling you'd annihilate us anyway since you have more experience.[/QUOTE]
Makes sense. 3S has a pretty harsh learning curve. Knowing the meanness of the players in GGPO, I don't even know how I leveled up. And that was on keyboard.

[quote name='sniping_dreamer']Makes sense. 3S has a pretty harsh learning curve. Knowing the meanness of the players in GGPO, I don't even know how I leveled up. And that was on keyboard.[/QUOTE]

3S on keyboard? Sickk.

I use to play Alpha 2 on keyboard for a bit til I got my adapter. Not too shabby, let me tell ya.

[quote name='Paco']GGPO made some magic with me. Beat a Ken it said KO, heard Ken die, then it rolled back, I got hit with a super and lost. First I was like LOL then I was like ?LOL? then I was like "LOL CRAPCOM"

GGPO being magic is severely overestimated. It's good netcode, but these LOLWUT moments make me say we need some more work done on netcode.

Can't mash on SF3. You're thinking of 4. And I got a CRT just for SF3. Got a 13 inch CRT and feel no lag on the thing. Using my happ stick to make this ultra ghetto fabulous.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that. I was playing a friend yesterday during one of the matches it said K.O and then he was still alive. Then another match the music stopped completely and got all screwy. I guess this one guy complaining about it had a few points, but not every point he made was valid. It has really good netcode, but it has a few problems. Mostly that KO thing every once in a while.

[quote name='Frank Deluded']3S on keyboard? Sickk.

I use to play Alpha 2 on keyboard for a bit til I got my adapter. Not too shabby, let me tell ya.[/QUOTE]

CAG actually led me there to GGPO.

The keyboard wasn't too bad. I'm glad it did.
Parries weren't any harder (some argue easier).
Basic execution wasn't too bad, it's almost like the HitBox. Except 360s were near impossible/impossible. I could never do it.

Anyone up for some matches?

Edit: Will be on for about an hour or so, msg me on PSN (Maigoyume) if you're up for it.

Btw Option, do you mind doing up a 3SO spreadsheet for the front page?

[quote name='maigoyume']Anyone up for some matches?

Edit: Will be on for about an hour or so, msg me on PSN (Maigoyume) if you're up for it.

Btw Option, do you mind doing up a 3SO spreadsheet for the front page?[/QUOTE]
Ok I'll get on it... after i take a nap.

So now the question is, is the 4 frame lag the same as the original arcade board? That 4 frame input lag must've been what I was feeling.

[quote name='option.iv']Ok I'll get on it... after i take a nap.

So now the question is, is the 4 frame lag the same as the original arcade board? That 4 frame input lag must've been what I was feeling.[/QUOTE]

Apparently, yes.

Played about 20 or so matches online. Still feels okay (though i'm sure I KO'd a guy and he revived only to have me kill him again), but nothing beats the "sit at home with your buddies and yell at the tv" setup.

[quote name='maigoyume']Played about 20 or so matches online. Still feels okay (though i'm sure I KO'd a guy and he revived only to have me kill him again), but nothing beats the "sit at home with your buddies and yell at the tv" setup.[/QUOTE]

Gill is og phoenix.

Tried going through the game first time with yang, got rocked 8 times in a row by him.

Go through the game with hugo, doesn't even get his level bar before I kill him both rounds.

Doing good progress I think.

I0wHg.jpg

Top 10 Alex in PSN at that instant, whoo!
I want to at least do top 100 on PSN. That's going to be difficult...but the way the rank points are done is really really weird. Losses aren't taken into account, only wins.

going to be the best Sean in the world. Like no one ever was.

To troll Yun is my real test. To beat him is my cause.

I will toss basketballs. Throw em far and wide.

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']Paco told me KOf95 has better online than Third Strike. My reply was that's the funniest joke I've heard all day.[/QUOTE]

Paco, stop trollin' jman.

I know everyone's all 3s in here right now but I need some advice in AE. I just started replaying this and so far c viper is giving me the most problems. If I recall correctly someone on here has a good c viper. Any chance I can get help on the match up. I don't know what to do against those burn kicks O_O

[quote name='distgfx']Paco, stop trollin' jman.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you knew it was me, but I think Paco was the first to figure it out a long time ago. :lol:

I know he's full of it. Since Third Strike uses GGPO. I did read KOF95 has better online than there past releases, but I wouldn't expect much out of it.

He still thinks I'm mad about buying samsho a long time ago, but I'm not. I knew better at the time and I'm not sure why I even listened.

Main reason I haven't bought KOF95 is because I've got so many games anyway and the new KOF comes out in Oct.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Paco']going to be the best Sean in the world. Like no one ever was.

To troll Yun is my real test. To beat him is my cause.

I will toss basketballs. Throw em far and wide.[/QUOTE]

After you kicked my ass with Urien I went to the practice mode and fought against him for about 2 hours.

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']Paco told me KOf95 has better online than Third Strike. My reply was that's the funniest joke I've heard all day.[/QUOTE]

Want proof? I'll play you on third strike right now, and then I'll buy you a copy of KOF 95 PSN to compare it. Want to take me up on it?

[quote name='Thomas96']After you kicked my ass with Urien I went to the practice mode and fought against him for about 2 hours.[/QUOTE]

I only use Sean as a barometer to see how good someone is. I mainly use Urien to troll people with his heroic knees of JUSTICE!

[quote name='Paco']I only use Sean as a barometer to see how good someone is. I mainly use Urien to troll people with his heroic knees of JUSTICE![/QUOTE]

I did well against Sean! I hadn't played much against Urien. Some fights you just have to take the whooping and learn.

[quote name='Thomas96']I did well against Sean! I hadn't played much against Urien. Some fights you just have to take the whooping and learn.[/QUOTE]

You also barely won against the weakest character in the game. Sean's moves are slow, have no priority and are almost stupid in how they're done. He's used as a joke or a barometer to see how skilled someone is. No Sean has ever won a tournament. He's like Dan except worse.

Any tips for a new player? Im finally getting decent at parrying (Can pretty much deal with the normal leveled Ryu's/Ken's online). Though, i still fail when it comes to dealing with other basic tactics.

Using Ken/Yang btw, though after witnessing some of the stuff online, im thinking of using Yang/Ibuki

Also, is parrying mostly meant for projectiles/supers? I dont really see how its possible for some people to parry basic attacks, unless someone is abusing the same combo string over and over.

[quote name='Paco']You also barely won against the weakest character in the game. Sean's moves are slow, have no priority and are almost stupid in how they're done. He's used as a joke or a barometer to see how skilled someone is. No Sean has ever won a tournament. He's like Dan except worse.[/QUOTE]

Barely won...lol that's not how I remember it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEHrDBTphcg

I want a rematch against Urien.... He barely won.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VroBTYKXRLg

I'm glad there's a rise in fighting games! I was never able to really experience them when I was younger, but now I can!

Only problem is, which fighting game to pick?...

[quote name='Thomas96']Barely won...lol that's not how I remember it

I want a rematch against Urien.... He barely won.[/QUOTE]

On brast.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']I'm glad there's a rise in fighting games! I was never able to really experience them when I was younger, but now I can!

Only problem is, which fighting game to pick?...[/QUOTE]

All of them, a jack of all trades, but a master of none!

[quote name='Droenixjpn']I'm glad there's a rise in fighting games! I was never able to really experience them when I was younger, but now I can!

Master King of Fighters. All real men play KOF.

Yo, if anyone wants to play some 3S Online sometime, feel free to add me. I'm a scrub.

SFIV series probably has the most peeps still, Marvel 3 has jacked netcode, HDR doesn't have many playing, T6 has jacked netcode, nobody plays BlazBlue, 3S Online just came out so it's flush with peeps, give it a few months and everyone will jump back to SSFIV AE, and KOFXIII will probably have jacked netcode like KOFXII did.

So, take your pick.

[quote name='Paco']Master King of Fighters. All real men play KOF.[/QUOTE]
Real men also eat carnitas. And I had a carnitas burrito with a tamale and dos botelas del Sol the other day for lunch.

That's a man's lunch. :cool:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']
SFIV series probably has the most peeps still, Marvel 3 has jacked netcode, HDR doesn't have many playing, T6 has jacked netcode, nobody plays BlazBlue, 3S Online just came out so it's flush with peeps, give it a few months and everyone will jump back to SSFIV AE, and KOFXIII will probably have jacked netcode like KOFXII did.

So, take your pick.[/QUOTE]
Yes, play AE. I need someone to play against since everyone is playing 3s.

Real men also eat carnitas. And I had a carnitas burrito with a tamale and dos botelas del Sol the other day for lunch.

That's a man's lunch. :cool:
This thread needs more videos of mexican food. :drool:

[quote name='F Bomb']Yes, play AE. I need someone to play against since everyone is playing 3s.[/QUOTE]

I like playing games where my main is actually decent. :cry:

bread's done
Back