CAG PS3 Fighting Game Matchmaking Thread - Injustice out NAO!

[quote name='distgfx']I picked up UMvC3 and played it for a bit. I don't see what you don't like about it. Is it the long ass combos? The fact it's more of an "anime" fighter than Capcom's other stuff?[/QUOTE]Its just the "feel" of it. Not quite sure how to describe things, but to me the attacks don't feel right, keep in mind I loved MvC3, so in theory I should be enjoying this one as well. But there's just something about it, sorry hard to explain.

All in all the game just doesn't seem to flow the same for me.

[quote name='distgfx']I owe so many games to so many of you it's not even funny.[/QUOTE]

I have over 50 ps3 games now far as disc goes. There's no telling how many psn games I have. I really should start on my backlog but I never do. I've got games from last years Black Friday I haven't played.:cool:

In the past 4 days I haven't played games at all. I'm going to tonight though.

Until the end. Now I have the worst aftertaste.

Not because West Coast lost, but because we bitched for a rematch and wanted to have Combofiend cover our asses. Props to Jago doing what he set out to do.

[quote name='option.iv']Until the end. Now I have the worst aftertaste.

Not because West Coast lost, but because we bitched for a rematch and wanted to have Combofiend cover our asses. Props to Jago doing what he set out to do.[/QUOTE]

It was honestly pretty pathetic the way they tried to setup jago after he humiliated Mike "Mike Fraud Ross" Ross in front of everyone, and combofiend did not want any part of it either, he stayed around for a lil bit to be nice but then got his stick and bolted out of there not even saying bye to anyone. Shows how high class combofiend is and now salty the rest of the CC crew is. Stay free ross.

To sum things up, the last 30 mins of Bar Fights was pathetic. Overall very entertaining stream though. A lot of high level play. That fanatiq vs clock fight was the best set I've seen in a while. Kind of inspiring actually.

I'm finished with exams tomorrow so I'll be online warrior'ing it up this winter break.
PSN: bttjp
down to sesh nights 9 PST > whenever.

Barfight was fun. Noel Brown, Marn, Mike Ross are ALL FRAUDS!!! haha can't wait to be in Socal on the 14th for SCR. Gonna hit up Alex's Arcade almost everyday til the tournament. Anyone in that area want to meet up for a few match in AE/UMVC3?

Also I have a question for people living in socal region. Is there a shop that sells Sanwa arcade parts? I need a new JLF and couple of pushbuttons. Hopefully someone will have a shop up at SCR -_-

Tried to play King Of Fighters XIII but it wouldn't let me. It kept dropping every game I tried playing. That's only the second time its done it. I ended up playing UMVC3 for almost a hour and none of the games dropped.

[quote name='btt']To sum things up, the last 30 mins of Bar Fights was pathetic. Overall very entertaining stream though. A lot of high level play. That fanatiq vs clock fight was the best set I've seen in a while. Kind of inspiring actually.

I'm finished with exams tomorrow so I'll be online warrior'ing it up this winter break.
PSN: bttjp
down to sesh nights 9 PST > whenever.[/QUOTE]

cool, add me unless I add you.

[quote name='anathema728']sanwa parts? dunno

i'll play some matches, i'm like 15 min away from alex's[/QUOTE]

Sweet man. We'll definitely have to meet up. I'll pm you on PSN later to get your number. I'm staying at my cousin which is also 15-20 min away from alex arcade as well. Are you going to WNF? If so I shall see you there.

i usually only tag along with friends who main sf4, but i think i'll spectate SCR
SCR is priced to shit, spectator fee $5/day
venue is $30, $40 late, $50 at door
AE and umvc3 are $20 entry

[quote name='option.iv']Well, AE patch is live as of today, incase no one knew. Guy got buffed. But I'm thinking of playing a new character, any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

T-Hawk, Hakan, or Dan.

option = troll. That is all.

Edit: He's not in my sig on purpose. Gimme a Morrigan banner for umvc3, damn you!

Last edited by a moderator:
God Capcom is awesome, took away all of Phoenix Wright's assist invulnerability during Turnabout, also nerfed the damage too.

Surprised Wesker didnt receive any extra buffs in the patch, seems like they are trying to push everyone away from using unique characters, to using the Trenchcoat trio or something

[quote name='dgwillia006']God Capcom is awesome, took away all of Phoenix Wright's assist invulnerability during Turnabout, also nerfed the damage too.

Surprised Wesker didnt receive any extra buffs in the patch, seems like they are trying to push everyone away from using unique characters, to using the Trenchcoat trio or something[/QUOTE]

Crapcom is doing the right thing. That's how arcade edition was born.

I dunno what's up with capcom and this upcoming patch. I thought Phoenix Wright needed as much help as possible. But again, patches take time and they probably though it was necessary well before the game was released.

Also, went to SCR last night and Marvel was so hype. Can't say the same about AE. My voice is shot. DAT IRON FIST.

I ended up sleeping over 25 hours this weekend, really needed the rest, so i didnt make it to SCR and only caught most of the end of both days. Marvel did look hype indeed. Did you play option?

[quote name='blitz6speed']I ended up sleeping over 25 hours this weekend, really needed the rest, so i didnt make it to SCR and only caught most of the end of both days. Marvel did look hype indeed. Did you play option?[/QUOTE]
Nah, I just spectated. But there was a lot of cool stuff. Skullgirls is probably a day one purchase now (was going to be anyway). That game looks really nice in person. For some reason the streams don't do it justice. Also, so much sidebetting. Every match I would see Neo and Fanatiq calling out odds running up and down the aisles. They also had SC5 which still looks like SC4. Blazblue extenz which I didn't really care for and Tekken Tag 2. Unfortunately no SFxT. It was a great tournament, great experience.

Also body odor wasn't much of an issue. It was rather the food that people brought in that smelled. We need to adopt dat Japanese technology of putting a bar of soap on a fan.

[quote name='option.iv']Nah, I just spectated. But there was a lot of cool stuff. Skullgirls is probably a day one purchase now (was going to be anyway). That game looks really nice in person. For some reason the streams don't do it justice. Also, so much sidebetting. Every match I would see Neo and Fanatiq calling out odds running up and down the aisles. They also had SC5 which still looks like SC4. Blazblue extenz which I didn't really care for and Tekken Tag 2. Unfortunately no SFxT. It was a great tournament, great experience.

Also body odor wasn't much of an issue. It was rather the food that people brought in that smelled. We need to adopt dat Japanese technology of putting a bar of soap on a fan.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like fun, i wish i was hyped for skullgirls but it looks really silly to me, and i dont understand the fighting engine really well, it seems like the hits dont have much impact and the stun period seems off to me. Maybe i need to try it out in person.

SC5 looks hype to me, finally something flashy in the game to make things exciting. And body odor shouldnt have been too much of an issue, esper wasnt there.

[quote name='option.iv']Nah, I just spectated. But there was a lot of cool stuff. Skullgirls is probably a day one purchase now (was going to be anyway). That game looks really nice in person. For some reason the streams don't do it justice. Also, so much sidebetting. Every match I would see Neo and Fanatiq calling out odds running up and down the aisles. They also had SC5 which still looks like SC4. Blazblue extenz which I didn't really care for and Tekken Tag 2. Unfortunately no SFxT. It was a great tournament, great experience.

Also body odor wasn't much of an issue. It was rather the food that people brought in that smelled. We need to adopt dat Japanese technology of putting a bar of soap on a fan.[/QUOTE]

That Blazblue really bugs me. They have been enough versions of the game already. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all it has is 1 new character and the dlc characters/fixes. I might give in and buy it when its extremely cheap, but that's about it.

Really enjoyed Blazblue CT at first and was interested in it as a fighter, but all of a sudden so many fighters came out and it got lost in the shuffle. I don't even like it that much anymore.

Apparently they patched Mortal Kombat Arkade Kollection...

And King of Fighters was best Fighting Game according to Gamespot...

So what's up guys, how're you guys this season?

[quote name='option.iv']Apparently they patched Mortal Kombat Arkade Kollection...

And King of Fighters was best Fighting Game according to Gamespot...

So what's up guys, how're you guys this season?[/QUOTE]

Not playing MK or the MK Kollection, despite the patch. Waiting for KoFXIII netcode patch which doesn't sound like it'll do anything. Wondering why Capcom can't balance their own games properly and why UMvC3's netcode still sucks. Waiting for CSE so I can enjoy a good game. Waiting even longer for TTT2 and have zero hopes for the netcode.

So, y'know, the usual.

[quote name='distgfx']Not playing MK or the MK Kollection, despite the patch. Waiting for KoFXIII netcode patch which doesn't sound like it'll do anything. Wondering why Capcom can't balance their own games properly and why UMvC3's netcode still sucks. Waiting for CSE so I can enjoy a good game. Waiting even longer for TTT2 and have zero hopes for the netcode.

So, y'know, the usual.[/QUOTE]

That's what happens when you like fighting games. GO PLAY SHOOTER! GO PLAY IT NOW! CALL OF DUTY!

[quote name='distgfx']Not playing MK or the MK Kollection, despite the patch. Waiting for KoFXIII netcode patch which doesn't sound like it'll do anything. Wondering why Capcom can't balance their own games properly and why UMvC3's netcode still sucks. Waiting for CSE so I can enjoy a good game. Waiting even longer for TTT2 and have zero hopes for the netcode.

So, y'know, the usual.[/QUOTE]

When you compare the online to mvc3 to umvc3 its like the difference between night and day.

I don't feel CSE is worth the price there asking. There isn't enough content for the price tag. That doesn't mean I won't get it, but I will be getting it cheap if I get it at all.

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']I don't feel CSE is worth the price there asking. There isn't enough content for the price tag.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah? Without googling it, what are they adding to the game?

[quote name='distgfx']Oh yeah? Without googling it, what are they adding to the game?[/QUOTE]

From what I've heard a long time ago it was just the dlc characters. 1 character and fixes. By the way you said that I assumed they decided to add even more.

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']From what I've heard a long time ago it was just the dlc characters. 1 character and fixes. By the way you said that I assumed they decided to add even more.[/QUOTE]

There's more.

I would play KOFXIII more if it would actually let me play it. I've noticed around the same times at night it doesn't matter who I play or try to play the game drops. That's when I end up playing umvc3 since it never does that. I'm sure Paco would say well its your internet, but during that time umvc3 is insanely smooth and isn't laggy.:booty:

SNK needs to fix there game. Maybe that patch will help that issue, but I doubt it.

Its Christmas eve and sunny. It should be snowing. It doesn't feel like Christmas to me unless it snows.

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']I would play KOFXIII more if it would actually let me play it. I've noticed around the same times at night it doesn't matter who I play or try to play the game drops. That's when I end up playing umvc3 since it never does that. I'm sure Paco would say well its your internet, but during that time umvc3 is insanely smooth and isn't laggy.:booty:

SNK needs to fix there game. Maybe that patch will help that issue, but I doubt it.

Its Christmas eve and sunny. It should be snowing. It doesn't feel like Christmas to me unless it snows.[/QUOTE]

The game has weird server outages at weird times. They just hit me randomly too. I have no idea if it's scheduled maintainence, but it is there for KOF XIII and there are times where I couldn't get a game for up to five hours due to it losing connection all of a sudden.

And the reason Capcom doesn't have that problem is because Capcom has more then five dollars and a buritto for their budget.

[quote name='Paco']And the reason Capcom doesn't have that problem is because Capcom has more then five pesos and a buritto for their budget.[/QUOTE]

Fix'd.

[quote name='distgfx']Fix'd.[/QUOTE]

You know that's unfair. You know damn well that SNK is run by japanese people. If SNK was Japanese, Yuri wouldn't look like she's 12 years old.

bread's done
Back