CAG PS3 Fighting Game Matchmaking Thread - Injustice out NAO!

Are we signing up for P4U matches? I was playing a bunch with another guy last night not from CAG and doing half ok, though I keep messing up my blockstring pressure.

Online is mostly auto combo mashers though, that really takes a lot of the fun away from it.

Finally scored a vita today. Some dude posted his vita wifi + 4 gig stick + 3 retail games (good ones) + a case for 180, talked him down to 160 and picked it up. Its immaculate and works great. Now i need UMVC3 vita and im ready to go. The system is just amazing quality, build quality is so top tier.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Finally scored a vita today. Some dude posted his vita wifi + 4 gig stick + 3 retail games (good ones) + a case for 180, talked him down to 160 and picked it up. Its immaculate and works great. Now i need UMVC3 vita and im ready to go. The system is just amazing quality, build quality is so top tier.[/QUOTE]

You'll hate one thing about UMVC3. Its full of rage quitters. It don't have the rage quitter system like 360/ps3 has. That's the only thing I don't like about the Vita version. Yeah, the Vita is extremely sexy. ^_^

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']Kof 95 and 96 is like 4 dollars and something now. There both still not worth it. *acts like Paco towards X Tekken*[/QUOTE]

Your loss. I'm going to buy a plasma tv instead of SF X Tekken.

Now I spent over 5 grand instead of buying SF X TEGGEN

TROLOLOLOLOLOL

[quote name='Paco']Your loss. I'm going to buy a plasma tv instead of SF X Tekken.

Now I spent over 5 grand instead of buying SF X TEGGEN

TROLOLOLOLOLOL[/QUOTE]

Why would you want another TV? :roll:

I think you have finally lost your mind. :lol:

I gave in and bought KOF 96 since it was cheap. The online compared to the samsho slowdown is god like. It was actually smooth.

The online seems to find the same old guy playing it. I assume not many people play it online xD

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']Why would you want another TV? :roll:

I think you have finally lost your mind. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Plasma is superior to lcd. Far less lag, far better blacks and far more natural colors.

And that person you're playing is my friend. He has a 98% win ratio in the game.

Not long until Tekken but part of me wants to wait till its cheap. :whistle2:#

Games drop in price to fast these days.

UMVC3 still goes for around 20 bucks even on Ebay and I only paid 30 for it and got it a day after release.

Paid retail for Mortal Kombat and didn't regret it even though PSN was down almost the entire month afterwards or around that time...

Paid retail for KOFXIII. In a way I would think it was worth it and in another way I argue with myself that it wasn't.

The best purchase I made on a fighter this year was UMVC3 since I've played it the most and it was cheaper from the start. Win win. xD

SSFIV use to be my favorite fighter until UMVC3 showed up.

Street Fighter X Tekken was fun from the start but I was never crazy over it.

Blazblue was interesting until after they released a thousand versions of the game.

I lost interest in Blazblue.

In short... My favorite fighters was UMVC3, Mortal Kombat and SSFIV

Other decent/fun to play is KOFXIII, Street Fighter X Tekken

I don't care much for Tekken 6 or SCIV,SC5 there just ok to me. Also I would throw Third Strike in this section. Didn't care much for it. Rather they would have gave us Alpha 3 as Third Strike. *waits on insults*

Even lower than those is Blazblue and Arcana Heart 3.

Still need to play Persona 4 Arena.

Last edited by a moderator:
The short version...

UMVC > Mortal Kombat > SSFIV > KOFXIII > Street Fighter X Tekken > SC5 > Tekken 6 > SCIV > Blazblue > Arcana Heart 3

I don't play favorites and I'm not bias. ;)

I didn't rate them by the netcode. Rated them on how fun they are to play. If I rated them by the netcode Blazblue would have won xD

So end tally for the vita, i got the system (wifi model), amazing carrying case (nicest ive ever seen for a portable system), 4 gig stick, hori screen protector pre-installed, 3 games (metal gear hd, gravity rush, unit 13) and all the cables, for 160 cash. Traded in the 3 games to best buy tonight and got 62 credit and paid off my pre-order for Black Ops 2 + Black Ops 2 Hardened Edition for ps3. So i ended up paying 98 bucks total for the vita + all the goodies it came with. And i got MK for 10 bucks from gamestop which i am loving! Just need UMVC3!

You might regret buying UMVC3 on it if you do. At one point out of 8 wins 7 of those 8 people rage quit on me.

Today I was playing a ranked match and he beat me. Then it found the same guy. I beat him and he rage quit on me.

I usually don't send people messages but I did him.

I've played Mortal Kombat on Vita more than UMVC3 and not a single person left the game. In UMVC3 on the other hand soon as it says K.O and before you get the win they will rage.

I got a ton of rage quits in Mortal Kombat on vita.

Why you mad bro? Why you sad bro? Did I make you sad bro? My bad bro. Why you mad why you sad why you sad bro?

[quote name='Paco']I got a ton of rage quits in Mortal Kombat on vita.

Why you mad bro? Why you sad bro? Did I make you sad bro? My bad bro. Why you mad why you sad why you sad bro?[/QUOTE]

I got a flawless victory on a guy in MK and he didn't quit. Played a bunch of scrubs and they stick around a while. Played some really good people and when I actually beat them a few times they don't leave either.

Marvel on Vita is a rage quitting hell. That's all it is. Full of rage. Capcom shouldn't have removed the system it used in ps3/360

Anyone would get annoyed when 7 out 8 people leave.

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']You might regret buying UMVC3 on it if you do. At one point out of 8 wins 7 of those 8 people rage quit on me.

Today I was playing a ranked match and he beat me. Then it found the same guy. I beat him and he rage quit on me.

I usually don't send people messages but I did him.[/QUOTE]

I dont want umvc3 to play online, i want it for training mode while on the crapper.

[quote name='blitz6speed']I dont want umvc3 to play online, i want it for training mode while on the crapper.[/QUOTE]

Then you'll be happy with it. :lol:

Paco, you was wrong. You said Vita doesn't have a list of players you've played. It does. I found it the other day its just called something else and in a different section.

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']I got a flawless victory on a guy in MK and he didn't quit. Played a bunch of scrubs and they stick around a while. Played some really good people and when I actually beat them a few times they don't leave either.

Marvel on Vita is a rage quitting hell. That's all it is. Full of rage. Capcom shouldn't have removed the system it used in ps3/360

Anyone would get annoyed when 7 out 8 people leave.[/QUOTE]

while this is totally true, it's semi-avoidable as long as you stick to lobbies (although amusingly people still rage quit in lobbies once in a while). if you're trying to get the ranked match trophies just be prepared to do 4-5 times whatever the trophy reqs are.

I straight up can't hang in MK so I'll probably never find out about the frequency of rage quits there.

[quote name='handsomepete']while this is totally true, it's semi-avoidable as long as you stick to lobbies (although amusingly people still rage quit in lobbies once in a while). if you're trying to get the ranked match trophies just be prepared to do 4-5 times whatever the trophy reqs are.

I straight up can't hang in MK so I'll probably never find out about the frequency of rage quits there.[/QUOTE]

A guy beat me 6 times in a row in a player match. I finally beat him and he quits. This is just beyond gay.

Sorry to derail any topics, but I had a few quick questions about Persona. I'm thinking about picking it up, but it seems like there really isn't a whole lot of interest in the game. Is this the case, and if so why? Secondly, for those that have played it, is it really as "pick up and play" as most reviews have made it out to be? In regards to the second question, I haven't really invested much time in fighters since the late 90's/early 00's, so am I going to be totally hopeless for the next 12 months if I do buy it?

[quote name='cirodot']Sorry to derail any topics, but I had a few quick questions about Persona. I'm thinking about picking it up, but it seems like there really isn't a whole lot of interest in the game. Is this the case, and if so why? Secondly, for those that have played it, is it really as "pick up and play" as most reviews have made it out to be? In regards to the second question, I haven't really invested much time in fighters since the late 90's/early 00's, so am I going to be totally hopeless for the next 12 months if I do buy it?[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it and its the only fighter I've missed out on. I've heard its good for dem scrubs. Not sure how true that is but that's what I've heard.

At this point you might as well wait on Tekken unless Persona is more your thing.

I'm a scrub myself but that doesn't stop me from enjoying fighting games.

Both Tekken Tag 2 and DOA5 comes out the same month. I just noticed DOA5 has a release date of the 25th. I'm not the biggest DOA fan but I know I would enjoy it more on PS3 than I did 360. I kind of want it... But Tekken is more important.

[quote name='cirodot']Sorry to derail any topics, but I had a few quick questions about Persona. I'm thinking about picking it up, but it seems like there really isn't a whole lot of interest in the game. Is this the case, and if so why? Secondly, for those that have played it, is it really as "pick up and play" as most reviews have made it out to be? In regards to the second question, I haven't really invested much time in fighters since the late 90's/early 00's, so am I going to be totally hopeless for the next 12 months if I do buy it?[/QUOTE]

Game is excellent, and on my end the scene here in Chicago is doing just fine. I see it having a much stronger presence than BB or other anime fighters down the line. I won't talk it up too much since it is $60 to thrown down, and you could definitely invest in a big name game instead that will always have a huge following, if that's your main concern. So, consider what you want out of the game before biting.

In terms of basic execution, it's more noob friendly than most. There's only simple directionals like quarter circles, and many specials are simply one button. No dragon punch inputs or anything nasty. Still an execution heavy game and there's no real way around that if you want be good at it, but what's nice about P4 is that combos don't last fucking forever. Game is much better paced than most in this regard, and good fundamentals will get you pretty far. So, noobs certainly won't be winning, though there's plenty of mashers online you'll have to weed through.

And instant air dashing will frustrate you, it's a little trick that's necessary to get down depending how serious you want to take the game.

But yeah, game surprised me. I tried it out at a local meet up and caught on pretty fast, and it was too much fun. Picked it up the next day. I'm phasing out of AE, and P4A and KoFXIII are my main games now.

Last edited by a moderator:
P4 was too much for me, the training mode that taught you how to play the game took forever to end with new stuff to teach you back to back. I gave up on it but it was fun to mash with. TTT2 looks so awesome, i want to buy it, but i dont buy games at full price that have online passes, so waiting for it to hit 19.99 new. Yes, i know i might be waiting a while, but im sticking to my guns on this.

Still pissed i dont have umvc3 vita, i cant justify 40 for a launch vita game no matter how badly i want it and havent found any good deals locally.

Only play KOF 13. Every other fighting game is disregarded because of the scrubulas. Persona 4 looks poverty to me along with Aqua Pizza.

[quote name='Paco']Only play UMVC3. Every other fighting game is disregarded because of the scrubulas. KOFXIII looks poverty to me along with Aqua Pizza.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']:lol:[/QUOTE]

Marvel VS Series is also poverty. The biggset players of VS games are homies that you will never be a part of.

[quote name='Paco']Marvel VS Series is also poverty. The biggset players of VS games are homies that you will never be a part of.[/QUOTE]

Marvel is just fun to play, bro. Option IV would agree.

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']Marvel is just fun to play, bro. Option IV would agree.[/QUOTE]

Option will just tell you how shitty the internet on the game is and tell you how he's missing combos.

[quote name='Paco']Option will just tell you how shitty the internet on the game is and tell you how he's missing combos.[/QUOTE]

He seems to kick my ass and do extremely well with the netcode. :lol:

Which one has the best netcode according to the people that know? UMVC3 or KOFXIII?

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']He seems to kick my ass and do extremely well with the netcode. :lol:

Which one has the best netcode according to the people that know? UMVC3 or KOFXIII?[/QUOTE]

Both are shitty. GaysBlue HandJobZ Extends has the best netcode though that game is ASS.

All netcode is no where near as good as offline. Add in the fact that there is inherent input delay on all console games (thanks locked vsync), the most arcade perfect setup can only be found on PC.

Persona 4 netcode is good, but not perfect, there is still input delay. Good luck trying to just defend an attack. Majority of PS3 consoles are wireless, and nothing can be done about that.

In other news, I'll be trying AT&Ts "fiber optic" offering. Verizon FiOS isn't available here because they aren't the dominating phone provider here in SD. They differ in that FiOS optical goes to the home as opposed to the curb.

TTT2 is absurdly fun. Why did they put in a online code for it. I just got a 20 buck gift card from best buy too, would use it on TTT2 but i just refuse to pay full price for something with a online code, the only reason they put one in is to devalue the game, so effing trashy.

Really blitz. They're forced to do this whole online code deal. Thank piracy. At least it doesn't hike up the price of the game $10.

Arrrrghhhh. Shiver me timbers.

[quote name='option.iv']Really blitz. They're forced to do this whole online code deal. Thank piracy. At least it doesn't hike up the price of the game $10.

Arrrrghhhh. Shiver me timbers.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. Besides, TTT2 will be worth it just because they put actual effort into it. Support it.

Didn't TTT2 get a perfect score on famitsu. Though I know for a fact that famitsu reviews can be bought out. Well... I guess I'll have to try out the game for myself...

Just watched the video review. The only real negative was an issue with the fight lab throwing you to the wolves. Because of that docked 2.5 points... Also the comments are saying how the reviewer is a fraud stating that KoF 13 is a lag free experience... Definite fraud alert.

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']IGN gave Tekken Tag 2 a 7.5 :roll:[/QUOTE]

Because of the menus lol. If you go to that page and look at the comments, everyone disagrees. And Famitsu gave TTT2 a 39/40

[quote name='option.iv']Didn't TTT2 get a perfect score on famitsu. Though I know for a fact that famitsu reviews can be bought out. Well... I guess I'll have to try out the game for myself...

Just watched the video review. The only real negative was an issue with the fight lab throwing you to the wolves. Because of that docked 2.5 points... Also the comments are saying how the reviewer is a fraud stating that KoF 13 is a lag free experience... Definite fraud alert.[/QUOTE]

Haha thanks for the heads up! I am waiting for this game to install, but I'll watch this video while I wait.

Once TTT2 drops in price, i will be purchasing a new copy, the game is amazing.

On a lighter note, UMVC3 Vita is here! Only played around with it for a few minutes but incredibly impressed by it. Finally have the game i bought my vita for.

Oh and that new guilty gear game got announced for Vita as well. Would love AE 2012 on the vita.

Paco asked to play KOFXIII.

Option IV asked to play Marvel.

I didn't ignore either one of you guys. I was on the pc while the ps3 was downloading games. :drool:

So how is Tekken Tag 2?

bread's done
Back