CAG PS3 Fighting Game Matchmaking Thread - Injustice out NAO!

[quote name='mrcheeses']Where is the image for doa5 and tekken on the front page :eek:[/QUOTE]

Nowhere. Those games will be the flava flav of the month than disappear. Much like Skullgirls and Persona.

gotta add at least tekken. who plays sfxt, or streeti fighter 3rd strike anymore? lol u might as well put a mvc origins thing too if your gonna have all of capcoms fighters lol

Tekken will be around. DoA5 seems popular too, although I only seldom like it. People like it because of the breasts? They are barely visible except for in the cut scenes.

Not like much people play King of Fighters 13. TTT2 sold .16mil units and KOF sold .24mil units as of sept 15 according to vgchartz. And KOF has been around for about a year. Tekken... a week or 2? On the contrary, Tekken 6 has sold 2.44mil

Hey guys, avid fighting player. I just found this now, haha! I've been playing a lot of TTT2, where's that sign-up at??? Add me on PSN: projectblindside

I usually play TTT2 for a bit every night. Stick user. Intermediate, trying to get a lot better.

[quote name='mrcheeses']Where is the image for doa5 and tekken on the front page :eek:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Paco']Nowhere. Those games will be the flava flav of the month than disappear. Much like Skullgirls and Persona.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='snakemaster2389']gotta add at least tekken. who plays sfxt, or streeti fighter 3rd strike anymore? lol u might as well put a mvc origins thing too if your gonna have all of capcoms fighters lol[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bjstucker']I forgot origins was tonight that is an instant buy for me.[/QUOTE]

I really won't add another sign up sheet until there are enough people to warrant it. Like 10 CAGs. It's been a trend on CAG to mash on a game for 2 weeks and move on. If there are 10 people constantly playing this game, then yeah, I'll put up a sheet.

Really... Origins...

[quote name='mrcheeses']Tekken will be around. DoA5 seems popular too, although I only seldom like it. People like it because of the breasts? They are barely visible except for in the cut scenes.

Not like much people play King of Fighters 13. TTT2 sold .16mil units and KOF sold .24mil units as of sept 15 according to vgchartz. And KOF has been around for about a year. Tekken... a week or 2? On the contrary, Tekken 6 has sold 2.44mil[/QUOTE]

[quote name='projectblindside']Hey guys, avid fighting player. I just found this now, haha! I've been playing a lot of TTT2, where's that sign-up at??? Add me on PSN: projectblindside

I usually play TTT2 for a bit every night. Stick user. Intermediate, trying to get a lot better.[/QUOTE]

For now, do like pbs and post your PSN info, or at least have it on your profile and post in this thread.

There are just too many fighting games out and the community is starting to split because of this. I am fully expecting a second fighting game dark ages to roll around any minute now.

edit: Purged the OP and left only AE and UMVC3, as I believe those are the games still with the larger playerbase. I'm even still thinking of taking down UMVC3. Maybe I should Wikify the OP and change the format, but I'm a little reluctant to do that. If I get enough petition, I'll add Tekken, but so far not a whole lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
My copy of DoA5 should be here tomorrow, and I plan on being a regular for that game. Just add "holdthephone." Hope the netcode is alright, right now it sounds like AE's which is at least tolerable.

Looking at Jann Lee, Rig, or Hitomi as potential mains.

DoA5 is a good game. Definitely looks better than Tekken. As for gameplay, it's got that mashfest vibe to it. Though I understand that people who know how to play the game are better off. Holds (parries) aren't dominant in this game. Though there's still that whole being able to hold during a critical hit which makes the AI godlike. Story mode was long. Plenty of unlockables. I think there's plenty of content as well. Tekken though is definitely a much more solid engine, but vastly more complex.

I like Tekken and DoA5, but I really doubt I'll be sticking with them. Simply too many games, not enough time. Also the whole rock, paper, scissors gameplay is what irks me about these games. Sure there's spacing and whiff punishing and what not. But to get to that level, I'm not going to spend my time doing that.

Oh, and everyone should pretty much disregard the big site reviews. Why? Because none of the reviewers know much about fighting games other than to mash buttons. These games are just another in their stack of games to review. I believe IGN was the one that docked Tekken for having too many modes?! WTF.

edit: Rig seems pretty cool so far. He's got the TKD style which is always nice. But wait until you play through the story. Haha. And maybe it's just me, but Hitomi looks like she has down syndrome in this game.

Played a online game on DOA5 setting Region to Any and it played like complete ass. Set it to Same Region and there all good games.

Not able to find any games in Nearby yet.

Netcode seems good to me, but what do I know?

I haven't ran into a single laggy game searching same region. When I searched any region it was horrible. lol

Noticed it was only searching for F and F+ ranked people. No wonder it took longer. I set to it search for any rank and it finds games insanely fast, but the downside is people know what there doing in this game...

This game is awesome!

I'll get DOA 5 and TTT2 when they hit around 15 dollars or so. Until then, I'm gonna be playing Tokyo Jungle.

Yeah IGNs review was terrible. In general, most video games reviews for fighters are terrible. TTT2 has too much to offer to get rated that low. For the first time, I felt like a fighting game was complete. I'm getting into story mode a bit too in DoA5.

edit: NVM. DOA5 isn't that great. The story doesn't make sense at all unless if I am missing something, but I have basically seen every cut scene a two times now because of the way they did it. There seems to be a lack of content in this game.

Yeah, sweet. Add me if you play any of these: TTT2, SSF4 AE, KOF 13, P4A

PSN: projectblindside

I'm always down for some friendly/player matches, I also have a mic, but usually only use it with my close friends, not just complete strangers. I'm a stick player too. Message me on PSN if you are down to go a few rounds on any of those.

[quote name='mrcheeses']Yeah IGNs review was terrible. In general, most video games reviews for fighters are terrible. TTT2 has too much to offer to get rated that low. For the first time, I felt like a fighting game was complete. I'm getting into story mode a bit too in DoA5.

edit: NVM. DOA5 isn't that great. The story doesn't make sense at all unless if I am missing something, but I have basically seen every cut scene a two times now because of the way they did it. There seems to be a lack of content in this game.[/QUOTE]
I thought there was sufficient content in DoA5. Story mode was pretty much story mode, and the bonus missions in essence was tutorial mode for the game, if you chose to do it. There are tons of things to unlock in this game. The training mode is some of the best. In game frame data, dynamic move list to actually help you remember strings. Yeah, story was shitty, but really it's common to have a bad story in fighting games. I mean how else can you tell a story if all you got are ninjas and boobs to base it on. Story for those unaware is pretty much time skipping like between every fight and from the perspective of the character you're currently playing. Very back and forth, but hey, I thought it was bearable for the 3ish hours I played through it.

People don't usually play a game for story mode. If you were, then I would suggest Mortal Kombat, best fighting game story but constantly patched gameplay.

[quote name='projectblindside']Yeah, sweet. Add me if you play any of these: TTT2, SSF4 AE, KOF 13, P4A

PSN: projectblindside

I'm always down for some friendly/player matches, I also have a mic, but usually only use it with my close friends, not just complete strangers. I'm a stick player too. Message me on PSN if you are down to go a few rounds on any of those.[/QUOTE]
I call one person to pm you, 2 tops. Anyone wanna place some bets?

Also good games jman, mash much back hold? lulz

[quote name='option.iv']I thought there was sufficient content in DoA5. Story mode was pretty much story mode, and the bonus missions in essence was tutorial mode for the game, if you chose to do it. There are tons of things to unlock in this game. The training mode is some of the best. In game frame data, dynamic move list to actually help you remember strings. Yeah, story was shitty, but really it's common to have a bad story in fighting games. I mean how else can you tell a story if all you got are ninjas and boobs to base it on. Story for those unaware is pretty much time skipping like between every fight and from the perspective of the character you're currently playing. Very back and forth, but hey, I thought it was bearable for the 3ish hours I played through it.

People don't usually play a game for story mode. If you were, then I would suggest Mortal Kombat, best fighting game story but constantly patched gameplay.

I call one person to pm you, 2 tops. Anyone wanna place some bets?

Also good games jman, mash much back hold? lulz[/QUOTE]

Haha, I was trying something new. I noticed mashing works in DOA5 sometimes and sometimes it don't.

I also noticed something else, but I never commented or asked you about it. I remember playing Tekken Tag 2 with you and with that one guy you was the John Cena of Tekken. You only had 2 moves. ;) Mostly that one kick. :lol:

I'm use to you beating my ass in umvc3,sfxt,ssfiv. I was a bit shocked when we played Tekken that you didn't hand me my ass as usual.

I don't take fighters seriously though. I do try not to mash as hard against you since I know you hate mashing. I don't always mash and it depends what fighter it is. I'm no hardcore masher.

On another note I bought Persona 4 Arena. Will I regret that? Only paid 30 for it.

Hey guys, I just got my SF 25th anniversary collection and I already own most of the games included. Was wondering if anyone wanted to buy the sealed SF x Tekken + SFIV AE + DLC card off me, of course this also includes 3so, SSF2HDR, SFA 1-3 and collection for the PS3 and 172 PSN avatars.

And yes I realize that this isn't a trading thread, but I figured I'd throw it out here anyway.

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']Haha, I was trying something new. I noticed mashing works in DOA5 sometimes and sometimes it don't.

I also noticed something else, but I never commented or asked you about it. I remember playing Tekken Tag 2 with you and with that one guy you was the John Cena of Tekken. You only had 2 moves. ;) Mostly that one kick. :lol:

I'm use to you beating my ass in umvc3,sfxt,ssfiv. I was a bit shocked when we played Tekken that you didn't hand me my ass as usual.

I don't take fighters seriously though. I do try not to mash as hard against you since I know you hate mashing. I don't always mash and it depends what fighter it is. I'm no hardcore masher.

On another note I bought Persona 4 Arena. Will I regret that? Only paid 30 for it.[/QUOTE]
For tekken, I barely even played the game, and john cena? The few times I played was only with Baek. But yeah, I'd rather lose than mash out moves to win. If I really don't know how to play, I'm not going to press anything. Mashing just leads to poor execution and bad habits. As for P4, it's definitely a good game.

[quote name='maigoyume']Hey guys, I just got my SF 25th anniversary collection and I already own most of the games included. Was wondering if anyone wanted to buy the sealed SF x Tekken + SFIV AE + DLC card off me, of course this also includes 3so, SSF2HDR, SFA 1-3 and collection for the PS3 and 172 PSN avatars.

And yes I realize that this isn't a trading thread, but I figured I'd throw it out here anyway.[/QUOTE]
Good luck trying to sell SF x Tekken. Though I remember a CAG Furashu posted in here having interest in SFxT. Thuogh I'm sure it'll be a lowball offer.

Tekken and DOA are still just Mashy Mashersons. Gonna ride it out with KOF 13 and probably 98 some more. Then it's wherever the 2013s take me. It's been over two years since KOF 13 came out. KOF 14 should be coming out in a year or so. Looking forward to ten new characters or some such stuff like that. Gimme some Yamazaki, old Chin, Clark with more options. Gonna ride it out. Hey Jman, do you rike Trokyo Jungle? ANIMAL SEX. PANDAS WHOO.

[quote name='Paco']Tekken and DOA are still just Mashy Mashersons. Gonna ride it out with KOF 13 and probably 98 some more. Then it's wherever the 2013s take me. It's been over two years since KOF 13 came out. KOF 14 should be coming out in a year or so. Looking forward to ten new characters or some such stuff like that. Gimme some Yamazaki, old Chin, Clark with more options. Gonna ride it out. Hey Jman, do you rike Trokyo Jungle? ANIMAL SEX. PANDAS WHOO.[/QUOTE]

I saw some gameplay of it and by the video it isn't my type of a game. I wouldn't like it at all. :whistle2:#

Got caught up on the fighters except for Tekken Tag 2. Still need to buy that one.

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']I saw some gameplay of it and by the video it isn't my type of a game. I wouldn't like it at all. :whistle2:#

Got caught up on the fighters except for Tekken Tag 2. Still need to buy that one.[/QUOTE]

Still wasting money on games that nobody gives a shit about Jman? DOA will die soon enough. That game has NEVER been Tourney worthy. Tekken is only popular in Asia, America will eventually forget about it as the Tekken hype train was at its peak back on PS1. Gonna do that Jeppy Woo Foo on all o y'all.

[quote name='option.iv']I thought there was sufficient content in DoA5. Story mode was pretty much story mode, and the bonus missions in essence was tutorial mode for the game, if you chose to do it. There are tons of things to unlock in this game. The training mode is some of the best. In game frame data, dynamic move list to actually help you remember strings. Yeah, story was shitty, but really it's common to have a bad story in fighting games. I mean how else can you tell a story if all you got are ninjas and boobs to base it on. Story for those unaware is pretty much time skipping like between every fight and from the perspective of the character you're currently playing. Very back and forth, but hey, I thought it was bearable for the 3ish hours I played through it.

People don't usually play a game for story mode. If you were, then I would suggest Mortal Kombat, best fighting game story but constantly patched gameplay.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, one reason why TTT2 had no story - to implement more content. But the story was so awful in DoA5 it could be improved in every way even with just ninjas and boobs. Bonus mode is a tutorial mode, but most fighting games have a tutorial mode. There are not much to unlock. Like 5 characters and 5 costumes for each character? Plus ranks which not many people care for. TTT2 or even Street fighter has far more content to unlock. I don't hate DoA5, but it does lack content. The graphics are fine and I love the stages and the battle system. (although I prefer not having both directional keys and square to block.

[quote name='Paco']Still wasting money on games that nobody gives a shit about Jman? DOA will die soon enough. That game has NEVER been Tourney worthy. Tekken is only popular in Asia, America will eventually forget about it as the Tekken hype train was at its peak back on PS1. Gonna do that Jeppy Woo Foo on all o y'all.[/QUOTE]

People still play DOA 4 and Tekken 6 so I would say your full of shit. :lol:

Wasting money on games people don't care about = Duke Nukem Forever. ;)

[quote name='mrcheeses']Yeah, one reason why TTT2 had no story - to implement more content. But the story was so awful in DoA5 it could be improved in every way even with just ninjas and boobs. Bonus mode is a tutorial mode, but most fighting games have a tutorial mode. There are not much to unlock. Like 5 characters and 5 costumes for each character? Plus ranks which not many people care for. TTT2 or even Street fighter has far more content to unlock. I don't hate DoA5, but it does lack content. The graphics are fine and I love the stages and the battle system. (although I prefer not having both directional keys and square to block.[/QUOTE]

Feel almost the same way :/ it lacks a lot that most fighting games have now. will try to finish up story this weekend then might sell my share not feeling it anywhere near as much as tekkken.

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']People still play DOA 4 and Tekken 6 so I would say your full of shit. :lol:

Wasting money on games people don't care about = Duke Nukem Forever. ;)[/QUOTE]

I said TOURNEY worthy. Dead or Alive has NEVER EVER been tourney worthy. Last big tourneys in America for Tekken were in Tekken 3 and the original Tekken Tag. Tekken in America fell off in a huge way and it's mainly Asian countries that still play their juggle tag tournaments.

And Duke was fun for what it was. A break from the realistic dudebruh shootans that got dat thur mimlitariez on it with dat realustuc shootan and halth reganaration with the IRON SITES million japanese coming at you with their COMMUNISM.

[quote name='Paco']I said TOURNEY worthy. Dead or Alive has NEVER EVER been tourney worthy. Last big tourneys in America for Tekken were in Tekken 3 and the original Tekken Tag. Tekken in America fell off in a huge way and it's mainly Asian countries that still play their juggle tag tournaments.

And Duke was fun for what it was. A break from the realistic dudebruh shootans that got dat thur mimlitariez on it with dat realustuc shootan and halth reganaration with the IRON SITES million japanese coming at you with their COMMUNISM.[/QUOTE]

DNF had dat halth regnaration... but not the rest.

If that's the case Blazblue isn't tourney worthy either.

[quote name='Paco']Tekken and DOA are still just Mashy Mashersons. Gonna ride it out with KOF 13 and probably 98 some more. Then it's wherever the 2013s take me. It's been over two years since KOF 13 came out. KOF 14 should be coming out in a year or so. Looking forward to ten new characters or some such stuff like that. Gimme some Yamazaki, old Chin, Clark with more options. Gonna ride it out. Hey Jman, do you rike Trokyo Jungle? ANIMAL SEX. PANDAS WHOO.[/QUOTE]
I'm with paco, DoA system is flawed when despite landing a hit, you are forced into a mind game, either you continue the combo, or the person being hit, has a chance to still get out. Tekken since it doesn't have this mechanic, makes the game become a turtle fest, whoever get the hit, gets the juggle/mixup/etc. Again, fighting games are definitely going out of style and we're starting to see the wear and tear on the community. FGC... quoting Jay Z, "Everybody ride 'er, just like a bus route."

[quote name='Paco']Still wasting money on games that nobody gives a shit about Jman? DOA will die soon enough. That game has NEVER been Tourney worthy. Tekken is only popular in Asia, America will eventually forget about it as the Tekken hype train was at its peak back on PS1. Gonna do that Jeppy Woo Foo on all o y'all.[/QUOTE]
Yep, Tekken is pretty much only popular in Korea. Capcom has held much of the American scene by the balls since SF4 came out. All these games coming out isn't helping.

[quote name='mrcheeses']Yeah, one reason why TTT2 had no story - to implement more content. But the story was so awful in DoA5 it could be improved in every way even with just ninjas and boobs. Bonus mode is a tutorial mode, but most fighting games have a tutorial mode. There are not much to unlock. Like 5 characters and 5 costumes for each character? Plus ranks which not many people care for. TTT2 or even Street fighter has far more content to unlock. I don't hate DoA5, but it does lack content. The graphics are fine and I love the stages and the battle system. (although I prefer not having both directional keys and square to block.[/QUOTE]
Please tell me how story mode should've been. This "tutorial" mode is different in that it's while you're fighting the cpu, in the "heat of battle". There's definitely application to that. 5 characters and 5 costumes per character, that's a lot. I mean, what else do you want? The game isn't going to give you a quicky too. Thank god it's not DLC. From what I'm seeing there's plenty of content. The game has the best training mode, and there's no argument about that. Like I said, the movelist display is brilliant for 3d fighters to help new people get accustomed to the strings much faster. In comparison, SF4 had colors to unlock, those "useless" titles, and challenge mode. Sure they had extra costumes too, but you had to fucking pay for them. That really isn't a whole lot either. What else do you want?

And you say you like the gameplay? Really, the gameplay is what put most people off back in the days of DoA4. Again, land a combo, play rock, paper, scissors. This is just like marvel with Aerial exchange. Why games have to have this guessing game is beyond me. There is no skill when it comes to this, it starts to boil down to guessing. Even if you think you know your opponent, it is still GUESSING. And when someone is just mashing buttons randomly like jman, it becomes a crapshoot. No one knows exactly what the other person will think, unless you're the AI in this game where you read every single input and throw out the perfect counter.

You're discounting the game for the wrong reasons.

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']People still play DOA 4 and Tekken 6 so I would say your full of shit. :lol:

Wasting money on games people don't care about = Duke Nukem Forever. ;)[/QUOTE]
I have a friend who was involved in SDTekken. The same group that has Markman. They seemed defunct for years. If people were to play Tekken, it would be in SoCal. Sure some are coming out for TTT2, but I predict it's going to wane off just like every other game.

[quote name='Paco']I said TOURNEY worthy. Dead or Alive has NEVER EVER been tourney worthy. Last big tourneys in America for Tekken were in Tekken 3 and the original Tekken Tag. Tekken in America fell off in a huge way and it's mainly Asian countries that still play their juggle tag tournaments.

And Duke was fun for what it was. A break from the realistic dudebruh shootans that got dat thur mimlitariez on it with dat realustuc shootan and halth reganaration with the IRON SITES million japanese coming at you with their COMMUNISM.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']DNF had dat halth regnaration... but not the rest.

If that's the case Blazblue isn't tourney worthy either.[/QUOTE]

Jman, you should be the last person to talk about games being tourny worthy. You've been mashing buttons since day 1 and haven't strayed from that. In marvel all you do is rely on mashing L hope you get a hit, twirl the stick around a couple times and super. DoA is definitely going to die for sure. I mean, there are no "real" combos aside from raw landed launchers in the game, since there is a chance that a person can get countered while doing their combo. But what's to stop people from appreciating the game right now.

Really jman, I'm surprised your posting in this thread still. You don't bother to learn any part of a fighting game yet still get them. You are by definition a POSER.

I'm not trying to be high and mighty I'm just calling it how it is. Yeah I win some and lose a lot, especially in 3d fighters (I have no prior experience). But I'm constantly trying to find out what works and doesn't. While you just constantly do PPPPKKKKKKKKKK ad nauseum. Occasional hold back then run back across the stage and dash attack.

Blazblue isn't tourny worthy... It never was for a while. Too many iterations and saturation of the market. Capcom already has the larger share and there really wasn't anything innovative about Blazblue other than being another anime/air dash fighter, this time on next gen systems. P4 will follow suit.

Don't get me wrong guys, I want fighting games to be around for a while, but I'm seriously just keepin' it real.

[quote name='option.iv']I'm with paco, DoA system is flawed when despite landing a hit, you are forced into a mind game, either you continue the combo, or the person being hit, has a chance to still get out. Tekken since it doesn't have this mechanic, makes the game become a turtle fest, whoever get the hit, gets the juggle/mixup/etc. Again, fighting games are definitely going out of style and we're starting to see the wear and tear on the community. FGC... quoting Jay Z, "Everybody ride 'er, just like a bus route."

Yep, Tekken is pretty much only popular in Korea. Capcom has held much of the American scene by the balls since SF4 came out. All these games coming out isn't helping.

Please tell me how story mode should've been. This "tutorial" mode is different in that it's while you're fighting the cpu, in the "heat of battle". There's definitely application to that. 5 characters and 5 costumes per character, that's a lot. I mean, what else do you want? The game isn't going to give you a quicky too. Thank god it's not DLC. From what I'm seeing there's plenty of content. The game has the best training mode, and there's no argument about that. Like I said, the movelist display is brilliant for 3d fighters to help new people get accustomed to the strings much faster. In comparison, SF4 had colors to unlock, those "useless" titles, and challenge mode. Sure they had extra costumes too, but you had to fucking pay for them. That really isn't a whole lot either. What else do you want?

And you say you like the gameplay? Really, the gameplay is what put most people off back in the days of DoA4. Again, land a combo, play rock, paper, scissors. This is just like marvel with Aerial exchange. Why games have to have this guessing game is beyond me. There is no skill when it comes to this, it starts to boil down to guessing. Even if you think you know your opponent, it is still GUESSING. And when someone is just mashing buttons randomly like jman, it becomes a crapshoot. No one knows exactly what the other person will think, unless you're the AI in this game where you read every single input and throw out the perfect counter.

You're discounting the game for the wrong reasons.

I have a friend who was involved in SDTekken. The same group that has Markman. They seemed defunct for years. If people were to play Tekken, it would be in SoCal. Sure some are coming out for TTT2, but I predict it's going to wane off just like every other game.

Jman, you should be the last person to talk about games being tourny worthy. You've been mashing buttons since day 1 and haven't strayed from that. In marvel all you do is rely on mashing L hope you get a hit, twirl the stick around a couple times and super. DoA is definitely going to die for sure. I mean, there are no "real" combos aside from raw landed launchers in the game, since there is a chance that a person can get countered while doing their combo. But what's to stop people from appreciating the game right now.

Really jman, I'm surprised your posting in this thread still. You don't bother to learn any part of a fighting game yet still get them. You are by definition a POSER.

I'm not trying to be high and mighty I'm just calling it how it is. Yeah I win some and lose a lot, especially in 3d fighters (I have no prior experience). But I'm constantly trying to find out what works and doesn't. While you just constantly do PPPPKKKKKKKKKK ad nauseum. Occasional hold back then run back across the stage and dash attack.

Blazblue isn't tourny worthy... It never was for a while. Too many iterations and saturation of the market. Capcom already has the larger share and there really wasn't anything innovative about Blazblue other than being another anime/air dash fighter, this time on next gen systems. P4 will follow suit.

Don't get me wrong guys, I want fighting games to be around for a while, but I'm seriously just keepin' it real.[/QUOTE]

Funny how you dissed me yet your the one that ask me to play umvc3 every single time I'm on psn and I'm not over thinking it. Hell, I was playing Uncharted 3 and I see Marvel? :lol:

I never said I learned any fighter or wanted to do so. I've been playing since they first came about. I hardly see that as a poser. My friend would tell you to stop playing Capcom only fighters and learn a real fighter like Tekken.

Its hard to learn anything when every time I'm on psn someone ask me to play a game. You wanted the truth I'm just telling it like it is. :D

Sometimes I want to play and others I don't at all. Sometimes I played anyway, but didn't really feel it. I don't even give it my all playing people on cag because I assumed it was a friendly game and nothing to be taken seriously.

I assume you just asked me so much because I doubt many people on cag or in this thread still play umvc3. I could be wrong, but I doubt I am.

I like playing randoms better than anything because that's what I got use to doing.

I think you knew I mash quite a bit in umvc3 but you don't seem to care since you can still hand me my ass, but it bothers you in DOA5 since I can mash and it works.

Paco mashed against you a long time in SSFIV and you didn't get this bent out of shape over it.

Since when is how Paco plays legit?

So... Basically its Option beats someone mashing he's cool with it. If he losses it pisses him off.

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']Funny how you dissed me yet your the one that ask me to play umvc3 every single time I'm on psn and I'm not over thinking it. Hell, I was playing Uncharted 3 and I see Marvel? :lol:

I never said I learned any fighter or wanted to do so. I've been playing since they first came about. I hardly see that as a poser. My friend would tell you to stop playing Capcom only fighters and learn a real fighter like Tekken.

Its hard to learn anything when every time I'm on psn someone ask me to play a game. You wanted the truth I'm just telling it like it is. :D

Sometimes I want to play and others I don't at all. Sometimes I played anyway, but didn't really feel it. I don't even give it my all playing people on cag because I assumed it was a friendly game and nothing to be taken seriously.

I assume you just asked me so much because I doubt many people on cag or in this thread still play umvc3. I could be wrong, but I doubt I am.

I like playing randoms better than anything because that's what I got use to doing.

I think you knew I mash quite a bit in umvc3 but you don't seem to care since you can still hand me my ass, but it bothers you in DOA5 since I can mash and it works.

Paco mashed against you a long time in SSFIV and you didn't get this bent out of shape over it.

Since when is how Paco plays legit?[/QUOTE]

Watch how I play KOF 13 and see how legit I am. None of that is mashing. That's all calculated ass blasting.

I mean it's been a long time since marvel came out, and you're playing the same as day 1. I'm not even mad, I'm just surprised that you can't even improve over all the times you play online. You might as well sell your copy of marvel or cut off your internet. Hard to learn... I'm betting you haven't even spent time in a training mode on ANY fighting game. Thing is, you don't take the initiative. I was hoping you'd learn something from playing me, but nope, you continue to rely on lag and mash 'til it works. And I don't give a shit who your friend is, what I'm saying is true. Hey, I'll play tekken and get my ass whooped, but at least I'll learn from it and try to advance. I never said Paco's play is 100% legit. That guy mashes, but he at least knows more about the in and outs of a game. If someone's asking you to play a game, just say no, it's not that hard.

If what I'm saying is true and makes me look mad, then I be mad, but seriously dude, you need to step your game up son and actually start thinking. This applies to everything else in life. Give up this stupid fairy tail high school musical bullshit.

But hey, fighting games are going to be in the dump sometime soon, so why even bother. Vidja gamez.

Since we are going to have a bit of a debate. Let me answer option.ivs questions. The question I can't answer is how the story should go, because there are many roots. I don't think I can explain fully what happened in DoA5 story. After a fight, I am randomly in Antarctica and theres a guy there? That is just silly.

Also don't compare the 5 costumes which is "a lot" to Street fighter because I agree with you that color switches are there. Compare it to Tekken, since thats what we are debating about. Tekken has how many customizations per 50+ characters? I don't know, but at least 30 times more than DoAs "5 costumes". And you can change the colors of them also. DLC is not a problem, if its free in the future, like Tekken. The preorder releases will be free in the future, every other single DLC will be free in the future, all the content in TTT2 will be free. And yes, the gameplay is what I like. It is the most important thing in a fighting game.... I don't see why people would stay around for the boobs, because they are rarely visible in the game discluding cutscenes. You can make boobs jiggle in Tekken customization mode if you really want to play with that....

Also according to vgchartz here are the stats for Tekken 6

North America: 1.05m 43.2% + Europe: 0.84m 34.3% + Japan: 0.17m 7.1% + Rest of the World: 0.38m 15.5% = Global 2.44m

Koreans are the best at Tekken, yes. Japanese are good too.

If anyone plans on bashing Tekkens loading screen when changing costumes, then I'd say DoA5 online is much worse. It is super laggy when I choose a character and the time limit they set on it makes it so I don' t choose the right character. Tekken's is fine as long as you don't want to switch a costume.

I don't really want to go into the great parts of Tekken unless this continues on since (this is already like an essay)

Also Paco: Try to mash and beat me in Tekken Tag Tournament 2. You can barely beat arcade mode with mashing on normal mode.

[quote name='mrcheeses']Since we are going to have a bit of a debate. Let me answer option.ivs questions. The question I can't answer is how the story should go, because there are many roots. I don't think I can explain fully what happened in DoA5 story. After a fight, I am randomly in Antarctica and theres a guy there? That is just silly.

Also don't compare the 5 costumes which is "a lot" to Street fighter because I agree with you that color switches are there. Compare it to Tekken, since thats what we are debating about. Tekken has how many customizations per 50+ characters? I don't know, but at least 30 times more than DoAs "5 costumes". And you can change the colors of them also. DLC is not a problem, if its free in the future, like Tekken. The preorder releases will be free in the future, every other single DLC will be free in the future, all the content in TTT2 will be free. And yes, the gameplay is what I like. It is the most important thing in a fighting game.... I don't see why people would stay around for the boobs, because they are rarely visible in the game discluding cutscenes. You can make boobs jiggle in Tekken customization mode if you really want to play with that....

North America: 1.05m 43.2% + Europe: 0.84m 34.3% + Japan: 0.17m 7.1% + Rest of the World: 0.38m 15.5% = Global 2.44m

Koreans are the best at Tekken, yes. Japanese are good too.

If anyone plans on bashing Tekkens loading screen when changing costumes, then I'd say DoA5 online is much worse. It is super laggy when I choose a character and the time limit they set on it makes it so I don' t choose the right character. Tekken's is fine as long as you don't want to switch a costume.

I don't really want to go into the great parts of Tekken unless this continues on since (this is already like an essay)

Also Paco: Try to mash and beat me in Tekken Tag Tournament 2. You can barely beat arcade mode with mashing on normal mode.[/QUOTE]

don't mess with this kid, hes chinese! He'll defend his tekken in a 5 page essay lol. I think he wants to bust some kung fu moves on paco lol. Lets get it on!

[quote name='option.iv']I mean it's been a long time since marvel came out, and you're playing the same as day 1. I'm not even mad, I'm just surprised that you can't even improve over all the times you play online. You might as well sell your copy of marvel or cut off your internet. Hard to learn... I'm betting you haven't even spent time in a training mode on ANY fighting game. Thing is, you don't take the initiative. I was hoping you'd learn something from playing me, but nope, you continue to rely on lag and mash 'til it works. And I don't give a shit who your friend is, what I'm saying is true. Hey, I'll play tekken and get my ass whooped, but at least I'll learn from it and try to advance. I never said Paco's play is 100% legit. That guy mashes, but he at least knows more about the in and outs of a game. If someone's asking you to play a game, just say no, it's not that hard.

If what I'm saying is true and makes me look mad, then I be mad, but seriously dude, you need to step your game up son and actually start thinking. This applies to everything else in life. Give up this stupid fairy tail high school musical bullshit.

But hey, fighting games are going to be in the dump sometime soon, so why even bother. Vidja gamez.[/QUOTE]

I've never really spent any time training in a fighter before. I usually just play it online which is a bad habit. I'm addicted to online in general I haven't even played half of the single player campaigns I own. When I got Max Payne 3 I went straight to the mp even though it isn't that great. The mp that is.

I realize I'm doing the same thing in umvc3 since day 1. I never learned to use a stick that was the first mistake. I still play with the Playstation 3 controller which is acting up lately, but I have another one.

Now I look at it as there is so many fighters If I actually learned one and stuck to it. I would want to still play a little of everything.

I assumed you was actually mad, but it was hard to tell.

I don't always mash or mash as hard as some people do. In DOA5 its worse than the rest since it works so easy in that game.

[quote name='mrcheeses']I don't think I can explain fully what happened in DoA5 story. After a fight, I am randomly in Antarctica and theres a guy there? That is just silly.[/QUOTE]
There were intervals in between. It made sense. The fact that there were so many is what is overplayed and off putting.

Also don't compare the 5 costumes which is "a lot" to Street fighter because I agree with you that color switches are there.
The fact there are alt costumes in both games, yes I can compare both. With one being unlockable and on disc while the rest on the other game are all paid DLC, I can't help but point that out.

Compare it to Tekken, since thats what we are debating about. Tekken has how many customizations per 50+ characters? I don't know, but at least 30 times more than DoAs "5 costumes". And you can change the colors of them also. DLC is not a problem, if its free in the future, like Tekken. The preorder releases will be free in the future, every other single DLC will be free in the future, all the content in TTT2 will be free.
Tekken did it right. It has more characters, costumes, etc. But I still think the amount of content that DoA5 had was sufficient enough. It was far from being anemic in features. I'm not saying that DoA5 has more content than Tekken, because Tekken has more customization. And I wasn't the one who even brought up the content between the 3 titles.

And yes, the gameplay is what I like. It is the most important thing in a fighting game.... I don't see why people would stay around for the boobs, because they are rarely visible in the game discluding cutscenes. You can make boobs jiggle in Tekken customization mode if you really want to play with that....
Ok gameplay, really? Which would you have, a combo that actually is a combo where if completed the opponent has to take the damage? Or a combo which at certain points can be reversaled and you get damage and put on the ground? All you've said is you like the gameplay, that's it, nothing about the specifics.

Really... VGchartz. That only applies to CONSOLE. Not everyone has 1st world problems and gets to debate whether or not to get Xbox or PS3. For the most part all the other countries have are arcades, which unfortunately are dying as well. And sales doesn't reflect the community that well. Who's really playing the game now? Besides, those numbers are ESTIMATES.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=18919#.UGVKd03A-3s

No one argued about this. Tekken has the superior netcode (though long loading times, esp. on customization). DoA5 netcode is mediocre at best.

I'm not arguing which is better. I'm simply saying there is a good amount of content in DoA5. You're making it sound like there isn't. All you've said are general statements. I believe you're poo-pooing the game for the wrong reasons. I can agree though that the game is not as good as Tekken and won't last as long in terms of community. But what's to stop people from enjoying it nonetheless.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']don't mess with this kid, hes chinese! He'll defend his tekken in a 5 page essay lol. I think he wants to bust some kung fu moves on paco lol. Lets get it on![/QUOTE]
Really man, why are you standing behind your "boi". There is no argument about Tekken being shit. BTW, didn't I add you once on one game and you had the mic on? And all I hear after saying hi was a creepy ass breathing? I hope snakemaster isn't a euphemism for something else.

Let me start off with this. MrCheeses, Sorry, I don't play cheesy bitch made games. Tekken in America is for scrubs and a mashers heaven. I don't give a fuck about the game, I don't care to give a flying fuck, I will not waste my money on it, no sir I will not eat green eggs and ham, I will not eat it in a plane, I will not eat it with good fame, I will not eat it in a house, or in a zoo, I will not eat it while playing a kazoo. Because that game is mashing heaven, I don't care to mash it out, and I'm not AZN so I don't give a shit if they found depth in being a clown. I am not a clown, my juggling abilities are deficient, and I don't like dressing like a girl and wearing makeup. I do not tweeze my eyebrows, I don't wear daisy dukes and roller blade, and I don't say Kawaii. Tekken is the scrubby link goodbye.

Option
I mean it's been a long time since marvel came out, and you're playing the same as day 1. I'm not even mad, I'm just surprised that you can't even improve over all the times you play online. You might as well sell your copy of marvel or cut off your internet. Hard to learn... I'm betting you haven't even spent time in a training mode on ANY fighting game. Thing is, you don't take the initiative. I was hoping you'd learn something from playing me, but nope, you continue to rely on lag and mash 'til it works. And I don't give a shit who your friend is, what I'm saying is true. Hey, I'll play tekken and get my ass whooped, but at least I'll learn from it and try to advance. I never said Paco's play is 100% legit. That guy mashes, but he at least knows more about the in and outs of a game. If someone's asking you to play a game, just say no, it's not that hard.

But hey, fighting games are going to be in the dump sometime soon, so why even bother. Vidja gamez.

You don't have to get so Cereal about it option, the guy likes to play his vidja gaymes. If he wants to mash let him, if he wishes to be the person that only mashes buttons to have fun, then let him. Is he really hurting anyone? No. He's enjoying the games he plays, he may not know them in any great depth, he may not know the intricacies of the combat systems, the frame data, the proper counter mechanics, but those people are a very fringe minority. If he gets enjoyment from mashing them potatoes and it makes him happy then let him. If he wants to one day fire up training mode and become proficient that's good too. What isn't good is the Capcom fans who hate on everything because it isn't from Capcpom. Now that's no good. Before I hated on Blazblue, I got to level 40 which gave me first hand experience on how said game sucks and let me tear people the assholes when judging their game as pure 100% unbalanced shit. At least for Crappy Trigger and Cunt Shift PENIS EXTENDZ.

Jmang
I've never really spent any time training in a fighter before. I usually just play it online which is a bad habit. I'm addicted to online in general I haven't even played half of the single player campaigns I own. When I got Max Payne 3 I went straight to the mp even though it isn't that great. The mp that is.

I realize I'm doing the same thing in umvc3 since day 1. I never learned to use a stick that was the first mistake. I still play with the Playstation 3 controller which is acting up lately, but I have another one.

Now I look at it as there is so many fighters If I actually learned one and stuck to it. I would want to still play a little of everything.

I assumed you was actually mad, but it was hard to tell.

I don't always mash or mash as hard as some people do. In DOA5 its worse than the rest since it works so easy in that game.

I'm not going to tell you what to do, but what is this shit you and Option are tossing in here? This isn't civil discussion. He does have some good points, but if you're enjoying the games the way you're playing em, good for you. But this topic is for the truly worthy. Like Tekken $$$ Tournament being a mashy jugglefest or Dead or Abounce 5 having a deficient combo system with too much guesswork and shitty online. Don't ruin the topic where it was once proud with Trollzama defending GaYZBlu JOB and all his animu fighters. Let it be the once mighty trollasaurus rex it once was and let us come to peace.

And I don't mash in KOF 13.

[quote name='option.iv']
Really man, why are you standing behind your "boi". There is no argument about Tekken being shit. BTW, didn't I add you once on one game and you had the mic on? And all I hear after saying hi was a creepy ass breathing? I hope snakemaster isn't a euphemism for something else.[/QUOTE]

Don't be mean, for all we know, he can be this guy.

Brainy.jpg

haha so much hate on Tekken. TTT2 is fun, esp if you take it seriously and learn tag assault mechanics. I play as King and took time to learn two of his 5 throw chains which require precise timing to execute. Mashers can't do that consistently without knowing what they are doing.

Wish those mashers can have their own online channel for TTT2 so us who actually took the time to learn and execute our moves don't have to waste our time on people who will sell the game 2 months from now.

Check out levelupyourgame and avoidingthepuddle those are two American sites and Tekken players who take Tekken seriously. I don't think it's as "dead" in America as those who just are casual fans would claim. Is it tourney worthy? You can only have a tournament if you have a good amount of players. Popularity with the casual gamer is more of what people mean when they say "this is not tourney worthy".

[quote name='projectblindside']haha so much hate on Tekken. TTT2 is fun, esp if you take it seriously and learn tag assault mechanics. I play as King and took time to learn two of his 5 throw chains which require precise timing to execute. Mashers can't do that consistently without knowing what they are doing.

Wish those mashers can have their own online channel for TTT2 so us who actually took the time to learn and execute our moves don't have to waste our time on people who will sell the game 2 months from now.

Check out levelupyourgame and avoidingthepuddle those are two American sites and Tekken players who take Tekken seriously. I don't think it's as "dead" in America as those who just are casual fans would claim. Is it tourney worthy? You can only have a tournament if you have a good amount of players. Popularity with the casual gamer is more of what people mean when they say "this is not tourney worthy".[/QUOTE]
Paco is the only person vocal about Tekken hate. He doesn't like it and I don't blame him. The game is back and forth, who ever lands the hit, get's the combo. A game of poking and whiff punishing. Now you're sounding like master race with your super precise execution skillz. No one said Tekken is dead, but for sure it's not going to blow up like how SF4 did when it came out 2009. There are simply too many games and people will move on.

It's a bit of a paradox really, you want to alienate those mashers, but they're really the secret majority who buy the game. Fighting games these days are putting in those comback mechanics, easy shortcuts, etc. to cater to these people. Unfortunately, there's no way a fighting game can please everybody. And when my only sources for learning the game on a higher level are Harold & Kumar and Hagrid, the future doesn't look so bright.

vidja gaymezzzz

[quote name='projectblindside']haha so much hate on Tekken. TTT2 is fun, esp if you take it seriously and learn tag assault mechanics. I play as King and took time to learn two of his 5 throw chains which require precise timing to execute. Mashers can't do that consistently without knowing what they are doing.

Check out levelupyourgame and avoidingthepuddle those are two American sites and Tekken players who take Tekken seriously. I don't think it's as "dead" in America as those who just are casual fans would claim. Is it tourney worthy? You can only have a tournament if you have a good amount of players. Popularity with the casual gamer is more of what people mean when they say "this is not tourney worthy".[/QUOTE]

When I say if a game is tourney worthy, I mean how viable the cast is, the balance and so forth. Back in 2010 at Devastation, the champion was a Mexican who used Vice. Vice was considered D tier at that time. Infact everyone is at least B tier now in KOF 13 compared to 2010 when it came out. Even the lowest tiers have moved up to actually being somewhat competitive.

[quote name='option.iv']Paco is the only person vocal about Tekken hate. He doesn't like it and I don't blame him. The game is back and forth, who ever lands the hit, get's the combo. It becomes back and forth. A game of poking and whiff punishing. Now you're sounding like master race with your super precise execution skillz. No one said Tekken is dead, but for sure it's not going to blow up like how SF4 did when it came out 2009. There are simply too many games and people will move on.

It's a bit of a paradox really, you want to alienate those mashers, but they're really the secret majority who buy the game. Fighting games these days are putting in those comback mechanics, easy shortcuts, etc. to cater to these people. Unfortunately, there's no way a fighting game can please everybody. And when my only sources for learning the game are Harold & Kumar and Hagrid, the future doesn't look so bright.

vidja gaymezzzz[/QUOTE]

I don't hate Tekken, I hate the fans who still think their game will even come close to touching the glory days of Tekken on the original Playstation and Playstation 2 launches.. Those days are dead and buried and Tekken will never relive that glory. But yet, we still get douchers thinking that Tekken is OMFG SO HAIP.

KOF 13 basically tells everyone fuck your comeback mechanics, fuck your easy shortcuts, fuck netcode, fuck being a loner, fuck yo mon, fuck yo couch, fuck yo dew, fuck the playstation dpad, SUPER fuckITY fuck THE fuckING fuckER that invented the 360 dpad, and fuck Blazblue and their Microsoft Paint level shading and Flash level animation.

i'll buy the other fighting games once they hit clearance. Has Persona Arena and Blazblue Extendz hit clearance yet?

man, some SRS BZNS going on here!

I thought tekken tag 2 was very fun, looks and plays well, but when i sat down and tried to get serious with it, literally, i was just overwhelmed with all the freakin moves. Ontop of that, to be competitive, you have to learn how to dance around the screen and cancel yourself moving in directions, etc. Its too much.

Fighters right now, theres just TOO many good games, and the major issue is, they're all WAY too deep. Getting back to basics will help a shitload. Its why SF4 and UMVC3 are so popular, they're very basic on the surface and you can get very far and do very well without getting into the super advanced stuff.

Taking UMVC3 for example, you do l, m, h, s to launch, m, m, h. s in the air and then usually finish it up with a super and then you can combo into more supers and it looks great, very satisfying and is very simple to get going. AE is even easier, only thing to learn new is the Focus Attack and otherwise, its all strait forward street fighter, game looks and performs perfect.

Tekken really, really needs to simplify the game severely if it wants to capture the casual audience again, but doing so is going to infuriate the hardcore tekken scene. I honestly just like playing UMVC3 a lot, although i only play it on the vita when im in the restroom these days, im usually way too busy with real life to sit down and play much anymore.

p.s. - ive lost 36lbs and gained 20-30lbs of muscle mass since i started my gym routine and diet. Im sexier then ever! Going to the gym beats out video games every single time for me lol.

[quote name='Paco']Let me start off with this. MrCheeses, Sorry, I don't play cheesy bitch made games. Tekken in America is for scrubs and a mashers heaven. I don't give a fuck about the game, I don't care to give a flying fuck, I will not waste my money on it, no sir I will not eat green eggs and ham, I will not eat it in a plane, I will not eat it with good fame, I will not eat it in a house, or in a zoo, I will not eat it while playing a kazoo. Because that game is mashing heaven, I don't care to mash it out, and I'm not AZN so I don't give a shit if they found depth in being a clown. I am not a clown, my juggling abilities are deficient, and I don't like dressing like a girl and wearing makeup. I do not tweeze my eyebrows, I don't wear daisy dukes and roller blade, and I don't say Kawaii. Tekken is the scrubby link goodbye.

You don't have to get so Cereal about it option, the guy likes to play his vidja gaymes. If he wants to mash let him, if he wishes to be the person that only mashes buttons to have fun, then let him. Is he really hurting anyone? No. He's enjoying the games he plays, he may not know them in any great depth, he may not know the intricacies of the combat systems, the frame data, the proper counter mechanics, but those people are a very fringe minority. If he gets enjoyment from mashing them potatoes and it makes him happy then let him. If he wants to one day fire up training mode and become proficient that's good too. What isn't good is the Capcom fans who hate on everything because it isn't from Capcpom. Now that's no good. Before I hated on Blazblue, I got to level 40 which gave me first hand experience on how said game sucks and let me tear people the assholes when judging their game as pure 100% unbalanced shit. At least for Crappy Trigger and Cunt Shift PENIS EXTENDZ.

I'm not going to tell you what to do, but what is this shit you and Option are tossing in here? This isn't civil discussion. He does have some good points, but if you're enjoying the games the way you're playing em, good for you. But this topic is for the truly worthy. Like Tekken $$$ Tournament being a mashy jugglefest or Dead or Abounce 5 having a deficient combo system with too much guesswork and shitty online. Don't ruin the topic where it was once proud with Trollzama defending GaYZBlu JOB and all his animu fighters. Let it be the once mighty trollasaurus rex it once was and let us come to peace.

And I don't mash in KOF 13.[/QUOTE]

Paco is nice sometimes and sometimes hes rude as well. You never dissed the way I played fighters or cared how I played them. You use to make fun of my cable internet which was rude, but it did suck most of the time there's no denying that.

Sweet more costumes for DoA5. Also I am not discussing any more Paco. I don't know why you place opinions on games you don't even own (Tekken) while I have played (and own) both DoA5 and TTT2 for over 5 hours each.

[quote name='Paco']Don't be mean, for all we know, he can be this guy.

Brainy.jpg
[/QUOTE]

lol thats funny. i do wear glasses but i dont look like that, maybe mr.cheeses does lol. Played through some more story mode on DOA 5, makes no sense and its weird but its pretty fun.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']lol thats funny. i do wear glasses but i dont look like that, maybe mr.cheeses does lol. Played through some more story mode on DOA 5, makes no sense and its weird but its pretty fun.[/QUOTE]
I imagine him to look more like Britney haha.....:drool:

Oh lawdy all this arguing.

Silly question about UMvC3 team:
Dropping Felicia and going back to Zero, is this team good?
Zero/Doom w/ Missiles/Strider w/ Vajra?
Any female characters that I can replace Strider with if possible and still have a strong team? Alternatively can I just use Doom as an anchor and have my second slot be taken up by some female? I don't know if Doom is a good anchor or not and I'm not too sure if I can stand doing the whole Astral Vision thing with Morrigan. I really just wanna drop Strider as a female replacement for Felicia, but if he is great for the team then I guess I can stomach sticking with him. ;д;;д;

Edit: Thank you for the input Option.

[quote name='Hente']Oh lawdy all this arguing.

Silly question about UMvC3 team:
Dropping Felicia and going back to Zero, is this team good?
Zero/Doom w/ Missiles/Strider w/ Vajra?
Any female characters that I can replace Strider with if possible and still have a strong team? Alternatively can I just use Doom as an anchor and have my second slot be taken up by some female? I don't know if Doom is a good anchor or not and I'm not too sure if I can stand doing the whole Astral Vision thing with Morrigan. I really just wanna drop Strider as a female replacement for Felicia, but if he is great for the team then I guess I can stomach sticking with him. ;д;;д;[/QUOTE]
Zero/Doom is always good. Zero/Strider is ok, it'll be a little hard to OTG unless you have buster charge. Though with Doom on #2, Strider is arguably the best assist/anchor (for those who like to super jump upback). Combos and utility with Strider Vajra assist is the best for Doom. Despite all this, Zero loses to Morrigan/Doom

Doom anchor isn't really that great. He's a good character (maybe the best overall), but he definitely has matchup problems (Mags, Dorm, Hawkeye). You never see people put Doom on anchor because his only real way to comeback is with his grab or YOLO footdive which can be punished if blocked.

The only decent female assist/anchor I can think of is Ammy (yes... she counts). The rest definitely suck in the assist/anchor dept. Morrigan's meter build is great, but does nothing for offense. You can try X23 either on point or anchor for lvl 3 shenanigans (but her assists all suck). Of course, there's Phoenix, but that pretty much puts Doom by himself since you can't call out Phoenix as an assist liberally.

Really, nothing beats Morrigan/Doom these days except for a good Dorm or Mag. But slapping Hawkeye on there to take care of those matchups fixes that right up. This was all proven with Chris G at Season's Beatings.

Personally, I run Morrigan/Doom/Strider, but I still have problems against Dorm and Hawkeye. I'm almost to a point where I might as well pick up Hawkeye just to deal with it.

On a side note, I've briefly been replacing Strider with Vergil and have some mixed results. Vergil is much much more efficient as anchor than Strider and definitely does more damage. But I definitely have to work harder with Doom as Vergil's assist doesn't compare to Strider Vajra.

bread's done
Back