CAG/PS3 Red Faction: Guerrilla Night [Thursdays @ 10pm EST]

[quote name='StrandedBrit']OK. PC question.

First off I’m lazy and don’t really want to any DIY solutions. Not in the mood to mod/splice shit. Would prefer something I can just buy.

Need a external PC button. I have a PC in the kitchen (Win7) that’s hidden far away underneath a cabinet not within easy reach of the hand. So if there was someway of getting a button from the PC to the counter where the keyboard and mouse are at that would be perfect. The only thing I found was this but apparently no one stocks anymore (it has a usb slot as a bonus!).

I know you can just put the PC in sleep mode but due to location it gets woken often due to mouse and keyboard being accidentally hit or just kids being kids. Also since my wife uses the most it’s mostly for her benefit. PC isn’t often used.

OK, you can verbally beat me now.[/QUOTE]
have any extra wireless USB accessories? there are options in device manager to "allow this device to wake the computer." turn the option off for all devices within reach. and only have it on for the device you can hide somewhere.
either that or enable wake-on-lan and download wake on lan from android market.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bornrunnin31']Few more details and the trailer you already linked too, only not off-screen metaly.

Character creation is confirmed!

http://www.1up.com/news/soul-calibur-v-first-trailer-details-namco[/QUOTE]

The 17 years thing is a surprise. Sounds like they're pulling a Tekken 3 with Sophitia's son. Hopefully they won't go the Street Fighter 3 route and kick out 90% of the regulars, but some new (and non-Star Wars) faces would be good.

Also interesting is that the producer said that he wanted to call the game SoulEdge II, but Namco turned it down.

[quote name='kube00']freaky in regards to you have Roku, do you run it over wi-fi? What do you think of it overall? What services do you use with it outside of Netflix?
[/QUOTE]

I run my Roku (HD-XD) over WiFi, and works pretty well for the most part. You also have the option of connecting it to Ethernet, there's no difference in speed either way you go. Ideally you'll want the Roku near WiFi for optimal results.

I really like my Roku, apart from the standard Netflix app (which auto-updates, same with all other apps), you have all kinds of different free channels, such as Pandora, Shoutcast, Crackle (has some free Sony movies/TV shows), Amazon Instant Video (free if you're a Prime member), Hulu Plus (if you have a sub), Crunchyroll (all kinds of free Anime programs), Pub-A-Dub (old old TV programs, commercials, radio shows), you could watch all kinds of different internet programming through Vimeo, Break, Revision3, blip.tv, twit.tv, Chow, etc etc.
It all really depends on what channels you want to add, here's a list of what's available. http://www.roku.com/roku-channel-store
Also, there are "Private" channels that you could add via the Roku website using a linking code. This way, you could add such channels as YouTube, Ustream, Justin.tv, Soundcloud, Nowhere TV, etc etc. http://www.roku-channels.com/

It's a great value, and it just gets better with more channels as time passes. Only thing that I wish it had was a way to connect a keyboard to it, since typing with the remote is kind of a pain, albeit a minor annoyance. ;)

So yeah, my mic ran off somewhere and I don't have any money to replace it until Friday, so is skype an option just for this week fellow white knights?

I need three hugs as well. :) Just a couple more Portal 2 trophies, and I'll have my second platinum for the year (I know, sad... :cry: )!

Besides, I have always wanted to hug you guys but in a situation where we are both robots.

batjesus4.png

[quote name='zenprime']So White Knight tonight? Kinda weird to have PSN back up for MP.[/QUOTE]
You got a quick tutorial of how to play?
I think I forgot.
Combos?

Since I know a few of you guys watch it, my thoughts on HIMYM finale:

1.Nice to see Ranjeet again

Second time using the "and that's how I met your mother" joke. Even though they already said it won't happen, Victoria should have been the mother

Nora returning, sets up new triangle. I like it, sets up some good Barney storylines

and for the 2 biggies

Did not put together the food poisoning=pregnancy. Super excited for Marshall being a dad, could create some really good jokes.

The wedding, credit to the writers I think they convinced most people it would be Ted's Cleveland friends wedding, I think we can safely assume its Robin as the bride, will be a nice ride getting there though.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']So Crysis 2 is the Amazon DOTD. What are the chances that game will be regularly played by GFB and I should pick it up?[/QUOTE]
get it
[quote name='mguiddy']Everyone else has it (even kube I think) and we're playing it what... Thursday and Friday this week?[/QUOTE]
yes

supply issues??
edit: oh i see... "in stock on may 22"

i also like that i bought this from amazon for $40, psn went down so i havent touched it, now its $35.. FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

cry2 and/or u2. i really wanna play both but it depends what people wanna do i guess.

i havent touched cry2 mp outside the demo tho, i assume some others havent either. so we'll be starting with the basic playlists.

how about cry2 thurs, U2 fri? and if we get bored, can always swap to the other game each night.

also of note: since the store isnt back online yet, i cant d/l the dlc for EITHER GAME :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='metaly']Hey now that PSN is back, my free copy of Halo Reach is here! Anyone wunna play it hugnrrhngrugruh ?? ?[/QUOTE]
traded out my Reach already :\ still have 3 tho :p

how about we play some u2 tonight until 10pmish when me and kube have a portal date!

-I still have Halo Reach, but I don't know if I'll be around to play tonight (maybe kinda late-ish).

-I am down with playing Crysis 2 tomorrow night, but might be a few minutes later than the normal start time. Also, what's up with all of you not trying the single player yet? Its actually pretty fun.

-I can probably play on Friday too.

[quote name='mkernan']I am down with playing Crysis 2 tomorrow night, but might be a few minutes later than the normal start time. Also, what's up with all of you not trying the single player yet? Its actually pretty fun.[/QUOTE]
oh i have. just havent touched the mp

[quote name='mkernan'] Also, what's up with all of you not trying the single player yet? Its actually pretty fun.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I beat it just recently.

bread's done
Back