CAG PSN Gamesharing #2 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group & Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='thexfactor9']Anyone down to join a long term share group? I have over $200 worth of stuff to share with my own account, but I would also like to find 4 others to share PS3, PS One, PSP games, and DLC with. Please let me know if you would be interested.

Here is an in-depth inventory of my wares...:applause::applause::lol::roll::hot::bomb:
1. Battlefield Bad Company 2: Onslaught Mode
2. Battlefield Bad Company 2: Short-Cut Bundle Pack
3. Final Fantasy IX
4. Magic Orbz
5. Warhawk + All DLC Expansion Packs
6. Burnout Paradise Ultimate Edition with ALL DLC
7. Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Online
8. Flower
9. PixelJunk Shooter
10. PixelJunk Monsters
11. Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
12. Marvel vs. Capcom 2
13. Fat Princess
14. Uncharted 2: Siege Expansion, Heroes Pack
15. 2010 SI Swimsuit Dynamic Theme
16. Final Fight Double Impact
17. Wipeout HD with Fury Expansion
18. God of War III Challenge of Exile and Dominus (Only for Ultimate Edition buyers)
19. Assassins Creed II Sequence 12 and 13. Battle of Forli and Bonfire of the Vanities w/ Secret Locations
20. Critter Crunch
21. Final Fantasy VII
22. Braid
23. South Park Dynamic Theme
24. Ratchet and Clank Dynamic Theme
25. Little Big Planet Dynamic Theme
26. Heavy Rain Dynamic Theme
27. Call of Duty Classic
28. Fallout 3 Broken Steel
29. High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition
30. Killzone 2 Flash and Thunder Pack
31. Rag Doll Kung Fu
32. Mortal Kombat II
33. fLow
34. Calling All Cars
35. Linger in Shadows
36. Ratchet and Clank Future: A Quest for Booty
37. Rock Band Song Export Key
38. SuperStar Dust HD[/QUOTE]

PMed

Still Available:

2 shares $4.00 each
Deathspank Thongs of Virtue + DLC
Megaman 10

Available to download immediately. PM if interested

1 share shank @ castle crashers 6$

3 shares uno @ critter crunch 2$

resident evil direct cut 2$

socom and guilty gears 8$ and you can have the account

2 shares high volocity bowling @ kz map 1 - 1$
3 shares pain 1$
pay-pal or gameshare

Random Co-op Gameshare Group:

- Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light
- Shank
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

The price for these 3 excellent games would be $8/person.

If the group decides to do so, we can add Castle Crashers as well (+$3), and I'd also be interested in any of the following games: Flower, Trine, Braid, Ratchet and Clank Quest for Booty, Wipeout HD and some Dragon Age DLC.

So if the group agrees on it, we can add any of the above (or maybe other titles) to our games, or we could even start a long-term group if you have the same interests.

There are only 2 places left, so you'd better hurry, if you'd be interested:D:
- Winky65 (host)
- zerotl
- me
- ?
- ?

If interested, let me know!

I still need flower, lumines, noby noby boy, and sonic. Pm me if you want to start a share or if you already have one.

For sale or trade (up for anything, PM with offers)
Game Share of Worms 2 - $3
Game Share of Sam & Max Full Season - $4
Game Share of Anarchy Rush Hour - $1.80
Game Share of Burn Zombie Burn/Zombie Apocalypse - $4
Download Code for Hero of Sparta
Download Code for What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord 2!?

Also looking for
Borderlands DLC
BFBC2 DLC

So I've read the first post and I'm still a little confused/hesitant about game sharing. Could someone help enlighten me on how it works. Is there any risk involved if I only buy from others? Can they somehow block the game once I've paid them or get info of my my system in any way? Say I only buy, does that mean I can buy shares from 5 other people and that's it? So if I buy a share of 1 game it wastes one of my 5 spots?

I'm really interested in doing this but I'm really hesitant at the same time. I know these are probably such basic questions but I really want to cover all my bases before I consider this.

I don't want to clog up the thread so if someone with some insight to share could PM me I would really appreciate it. Thanks guys.

[quote name='cg1407']So I've read the first post and I'm still a little confused/hesitant about game sharing. Could someone help enlighten me on how it works. Is there any risk involved if I only buy from others? Can they somehow block the game once I've paid them or get info of my my system in any way? Say I only buy, does that mean I can buy shares from 5 other people and that's it? So if I buy a share of 1 game it wastes one of my 5 spots?

I'm really interested in doing this but I'm really hesitant at the same time. I know these are probably such basic questions but I really want to cover all my bases before I consider this.

I don't want to clog up the thread so if someone with some insight to share could PM me I would really appreciate it. Thanks guys.[/QUOTE]

You may have up to 16 accounts on your PS3, with 5 activated systems per account. If you are purchasing a share from someone, you are buying one of the 5 slots for that account. You would create a new user and enter the login info for that account in order to access the download history and download the games. As long as you don't delete that user (or deactivate the account) you may play the games downloaded on any user account on your PS3 (for most games; some games have a 24 hour lock period or require you to be logged onto that account to play)

[quote name='shhximxhiding']I am down and would be willing to host, but dont think we will be able to fill the three remaining spots.[/QUOTE]
Ill ask my personal friends bc I really want the packs. 10 each is alot. Red Dead is basically a $100 game. starting at $60 plus ny tax..smh

Random (Mainly) Co-op Gameshare Group:

-
Shank
-
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
- Trine
- Braid
- Flower

We will be buying the above 6 excellent games for only $15/person.

There are only 2 places left, so you'd better hurry, if you'd be interested:D:

- Winky65 (host)
- zerotl
- me
- ?
- ?

I'm looking to possibly get Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light, Castle Crashers, Deathspank: Thong of Virtue and the 2 addons for Red Dead (Liars & Cheats and Legends & Killers)

I have alot to offer.
Burnout Paradise and all the DLC
Pain and all the DLC
Deathspank (The first one)
Shank
Mushroom Wars
Zen Pinball
High Velocity Bowling
Planet Minigolf
Wipeout HD
Wheel Of Fortune
Jeopardy
Price is Right
Zombie Apocalypse
Trash Panic
NHL 3 on 3
Madden Arcade
Rag Doll Kung Fu
DLC for Borderlands (General Knoxx & Mad Moxxi)

[quote name='ArJay2k8']I'm looking to possibly get Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light, Castle Crashers, Deathspank: Thong of Virtue and the 2 addons for Red Dead (Liars & Cheats and Legends & Killers)

I have alot to offer.
Burnout Paradise and all the DLC
Pain and all the DLC
Deathspank (The first one)
Shank
Mushroom Wars
Zen Pinball
High Velocity Bowling
Planet Minigolf
Wipeout HD
Wheel Of Fortune
Jeopardy
Price is Right
Zombie Apocalypse
Trash Panic
NHL 3 on 3
Madden Arcade
Rag Doll Kung Fu
DLC for Borderlands (General Knoxx & Mad Moxxi)[/QUOTE] you could always sell a share of your account to 1 person and have enough to buy what you want and more... just a heads up

Hmm yeah I never thought of that. I've only done game for game sharing, never sold a share before so I'm not 100% on how that works. I wonder what would be a fair price to sell that for?
I also remembered I have all the DLC for Just Cause 2 and all the DLC for Dante's Inferno except the Trials of St. Lucia.

I have all that on my account. It's stuff I bought. I didn't list any of the stuff I have from sharing. (For obvious reasons)

[quote name='ArJay2k8']Hmm yeah I never thought of that. I've only done game for game sharing, never sold a share before so I'm not 100% on how that works. I wonder what would be a fair price to sell that for?
I also remembered I have all the DLC for Just Cause 2 and all the DLC for Dante's Inferno except the Trials of St. Lucia.[/QUOTE]

i hope you don't mean you've shared games by giving your password/email in trade for other games..

there are many who are misinformed about gamesharing and these people believe they can share games ' individually ' on their account, this is not the case ....
if you thought you shared only 1 game you are mistaken, because by allowing a person even 1 game...you've actually given them 1 of your ONLY 5 shares.

Yes, I'm well aware of that. Thanks for the info though.

I've done sharing with 2 people, one who I've known for a while on a different forum, and at the time we did an "everything for everything" style share. I got quite a decent amount of stuff from it. The second, is my nephew. When I get stuff he downloads it on his ps3, and when he gets stuff I get it on my ps3.

So, that said, I have 2 shares remaining.

[quote name='ArJay2k8']Hmm yeah I never thought of that. I've only done game for game sharing, never sold a share before so I'm not 100% on how that works. I wonder what would be a fair price to sell that for?
I also remembered I have all the DLC for Just Cause 2 and all the DLC for Dante's Inferno except the Trials of St. Lucia.[/QUOTE]
its a 5th of the price for each game.. example a share of scott p. would be 2$ so for all your games if you said 30$ for 1 share that would be a steal and im sure since we are all cheap here that would be a steal
NOTE:
you can only share your account 4 times no matter what the person you shared with said they downloaded..each game counts as 1 since there alll linked to 1 account that can only be shared with 4 other people

[quote name='ArJay2k8']Total value of everything I have is well over $150, so I'd want more then $30.[/QUOTE]
this is cag remember so dont think you will getmore then that bro.
you will see

I know what site this is, but 30 isn't a deal, it's low-balling. It's not do or die if I get an offer or not, but it can't hurt to try.

[quote name='ArJay2k8']I know what site this is, but 30 isn't a deal, it's low-balling. It's not do or die if I get an offer or not, but it can't hurt to try.[/QUOTE]

Problem is that most people aren't going to want everything that you have on your account, which makes it hard to get face value for accounts with multiple games on it.

[quote name='kataztrophik']Problem is that most people aren't going to want everything that you have on your account, which makes it hard to get face value for accounts with multiple games on it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know. It's not like I'm looking for the full 20% of everything. I just can't see taking only 30 though. Like I said, it's no big deal really.

Is anyone looking to gameshare Fallout New Vegas Exclusives?

Meaning, we each pre-order from different retailers and redeem the codes on the share account. This way we ALL have access to ALL the pre-order bonuses!

If interested in joining, please list the retailer you purchased from.

[quote name='TigerLust']Is anyone looking to gameshare Fallout New Vegas Exclusives?

Meaning, we each pre-order from different retailers and redeem the codes on the share account. This way we ALL have access to ALL the pre-order bonuses!

If interested in joining, please list the retailer you purchased from.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to join this group. I preordered from gamestop.

[quote name='TigerLust']Is anyone looking to gameshare Fallout New Vegas Exclusives?

Gamestop as well...

[quote name='kataztrophik']For sale or trade (up for anything, PM with offers)
Game Share of Worms 2 - $3
Game Share of Sam & Max Full Season - $4
Game Share of Anarchy Rush Hour - $1.80
Game Share of Burn Zombie Burn/Zombie Apocalypse - $4
Download Code for Hero of Sparta
Download Code for What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord 2!?

Also looking for
Borderlands DLC
BFBC2 DLC[/QUOTE]

FYI, I'm setting up the Borderlands share as soon as I get my new 320gb slim functional. I've attempted the data transfer 7 times now and keep getting error messages. Sigh...

Has anyone else done this? (The data transfer) Any tips to get it working? I've tried deleting a bunch of stuff, but still, no luck. All I really want is to make sure my game saves get transferred over.

Does someone here know what is offered by which retailers? I would be willing to get in on this depending on what all we will receive.

[quote name='shhximxhiding']Does someone here know what is offered by which retailers? I would be willing to get in on this depending on what all we will receive.[/QUOTE]
This page shows it in detail:
http://bethblog.com/index.php/2010/06/10/fallout-new-vegas-digital-pre-sell-packs-now-available/
Anything exclusive says so, otherwise it says at the bottom "also includes".

Best Buy: 500 bonus Reward Zone Gamers Club Points, and a set of real-life coasters for your favorite beverage (Nuka Cola)
Wal-Mart: $ for future purchases

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Miguel_Zorro']FYI, I'm setting up the Borderlands share as soon as I get my new 320gb slim functional. I've attempted the data transfer 7 times now and keep getting error messages. Sigh...

Has anyone else done this? (The data transfer) Any tips to get it working? I've tried deleting a bunch of stuff, but still, no luck. All I really want is to make sure my game saves get transferred over.[/QUOTE]
Same thing happened to me, apparently it's due to a corrupt file and there's no way to find out which one. I had to just randomly delete stuff and retry til it worked.

Random (Mainly) Co-op Gameshare Group:

-
Shank
-
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
- Trine
- Braid
- Flower

We will be buying the above 6 excellent games for only $15/person.

There are only 2 places left, so you'd better hurry, if you'd be interested :D:

- Winky65 (host)
- zerotl
- me
- ?
- ?

I'm trying to get a Borderlands DLC group going, with the intention of buying ALL of the DLC released so far. If by some chance there is DLC released in the future, I doubt that anyone currently in the group would mind chipping in on that as well.

So far there are 3 members, and we're looking for 2 more. Cost will be 1/5 of the total cost of the DLC, and our buyer lives in an area that doesn't get taxed for this kind of thing. While the group did start on GameTZ (this thread here: http://gametz.com/forum/USER%3A52279/topic/398085.html#new), any CAG's who are interested don't really need to sign up with that site to get in on it. I don't mind relaying messages back and forth through private messages and whatnot.

If anyone's interested, just send me a message and we'll go from there. DLC will be purchased when we have 5 members, so not to long hopefully.

My list of offers

Account 1
Qore September 2010 episode
US Region! 3 shares! $0.75 a share!

PSN Codes for sale
Hellboy movie rental ($0.50)
Clash of the titans movie rental ($0.50)
Men in black movie rental ($0.50)

If interested in any of my offers, PM Me!

Payment via Paypal please!

1 share shank @ castle crashers 5$

3 shares uno @ critter crunch 2$

resident evil direct cut 2$

socom and guilty gears 6$ and you can have the account

2 shares high volocity bowling @ kz map 1 - 1$
3 shares pain 1$
1 share bf 1943 3$

1 share motorstorm 3-d 2$

pay-pal or gameshare

[quote name='stvalmass']Will anyone else be getting Sonic 4 when it comes out? If anyone starts a group I'm in.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gmsick']im in for sonic 4 too[/QUOTE]

hell..
why not? :cool:

Actually I would prefer being in a Sonic 4 group that gets all the episodes on one share as they come out, if anyone else wants to get the ball rollin

[quote name='Bamm']I'm trying to get a Borderlands DLC group going, with the intention of buying ALL of the DLC released so far. If by some chance there is DLC released in the future, I doubt that anyone currently in the group would mind chipping in on that as well.

So far there are 3 members, and we're looking for 2 more. Cost will be 1/5 of the total cost of the DLC, and our buyer lives in an area that doesn't get taxed for this kind of thing. While the group did start on GameTZ (this thread here: http://gametz.com/forum/USER%3A52279/topic/398085.html#new), any CAG's who are interested don't really need to sign up with that site to get in on it. I don't mind relaying messages back and forth through private messages and whatnot.

If anyone's interested, just send me a message and we'll go from there. DLC will be purchased when we have 5 members, so not to long hopefully.[/QUOTE]

I may be interested, what would be the total per share for all DLC released so far?

[quote name='stvalmass']Miguel_Zorro, couldn't you back up your saves to an SD card?[/QUOTE]

No...

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Same thing happened to me, apparently it's due to a corrupt file and there's no way to find out which one. I had to just randomly delete stuff and retry til it worked.[/QUOTE]

It took me like 20 tries and every trick in the book, but it worked. I called Sony twice and there were not helpful at all either time. One guy from Sony tech support asked for my email address so he could send me a fix. I said "it's not just information from the website is it, because I've already tried everything there?" He responded "No, this is from our own in-house trouble-shooting". Then he had the nerve to send me this link:

http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=1524

It made me want to go to Sony and pummel people.

Anyways, I basically ended up deleting virtually everything except for the locked saves. I also had to boot up the Recovery menu for both PS3s and Restore the file system. I'll have to load some of the other saves in manually, and re-install all of my game data, but at least I'll be able to keep my progress from Demon's Souls, Street Fighter 4, Rock Band 2, etc. (all locked saves - Sony, you suck). Funny that the locked saves are on all the games that are the most difficult and time consuming to platinum.

I want to buy the following:

-Fat Princess
-Castle Crashers

If anyone is selling these please PM me ASAP.

Borderlands DLC has been purchased - all 4 packs. I've PM'd a few of you who were interested. PM me if you'd like a share.

EDIT: 1 person backed out. So there's still a share available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back