CAG PSN Gamesharing #2 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group & Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selling Accounts:
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection and Ugly Americans - $4
Ratchet and Clank Quest for Booty and Wipeout HD - offer
Assassins Creed Brotherhood + all DLC - $9

[quote name='djratchet']is anyone else having trouble buying psn codes from best buy with paypal? How about PSN cards for pickup at walmart? Everytime i try to use paypal on either site, it fails.[/QUOTE]

never knew I could use paypal on the BB site. Good to know considering I drove over there this afternoon just to buy cards. I won't have to in the future:bouncy:

[quote name='jax2001']never knew I could use paypal on the BB site. Good to know considering I drove over there this afternoon just to buy cards. I won't have to in the future:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

At this point it may not be a good idea to order PSN cards off of bestbuy.com

I was trying to help djratchet by using my BB giftcard and ordering him a $20 PSN card (that would be sent to my email). It kept giving me an error, and each time I tried it charged my gift card but the order never went through. So I'm out $28 and not having much luck with their customer service to get a refund.. They're saying I have to wait 7 days for someone to contact me.

Same thing seemed to have happened to djratchet too (except for not using a gift card) so I'd avoid buying PSN cards from there for now.

Selling..

Account 1: $3 (A value of $33/5 = $6.60.. so more than half off!)
Red Dead Redemption Complete DLCs
(What's included?)
- Undead Nightmare!!!
- Liars and Cheats
- Legends and Killers
- Golden Gun Weapon Pack
- Deadly Assassin Outfit
- War Horse

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 10/4
NSYNC (host)
BustdMagz
Hammer_jay
iRobotZombie
Reo 15x

NBA Jam: On Fire Edition - 10/4
NSYNC (host)
fmwross2
WV Matsui
benjam138
gamerGirl34

Dante's Inferno Dark Forest Pack DLC*
5 slots available (307MB) - $1.00

Tomb Raider Underworld + Burn Zombie Burn: Diarrhea of the Dead Bundle*
1 slot available (6149MB/185MB) - $5.00

flOw + Welcome Back*
1 slot available (90MB) - $1.60

*Dark Forest Pack includes the Disco Inferno costume, Stone of Wrath relic, and a prequel level featuring new enemies, puzzles, storyline and 2 trophies!
*Diarrhea of the Dead Bundle includes full game, In Space DLC (21MB) and PS3 theme (4589KB).
*flOw Welcome Back includes Dead Nation (1424MB), Wipeout HD/Fury (1040MB), Killzone PSP (510MB), Modnation Racers PSP (1083MB) and Wonderland Pixel theme (650KB).

PPCalc - PayPal Fee Calculator
Best Buy has downloadable PSN cards and accept PayPal as a form of payment. Hosts that like to collect all the funds before purchasing may want to look into this.

Anyone have PayPal ask for their tax identification number today? Kinda sucks if I'm going to have to file taxes on gameshares.

[quote name='NSYNC']Anyone have PayPal ask for their tax identification number today? Kinda sucks if I'm going to have to file taxes on gameshares.[/QUOTE]

I didn't... be careful it may be a scam...

Crysis

1 jlazenby1 (host)
2 R0gamer94
3 Crashmasteromega (Paying this weekend)
4 BustdMagz (PAID)
5 Reiter34 (PAID)

Paypal info has been sent, if no response by sunday night your slots will open up

Apparently I triggered something (200 sales or $20,000) and have been classified as a business/self-employed. I have no choice but to give PayPal my tax ID thanks to the new laws this year. Hosts beware! I don't know how to explain "gameshares" to the IRS, smh.

WOWWWW how do i go from having 48 hours to pay, then till the end of 9/30, then till 2pm, THEN booted off in less then a day! LMFAO! real class. So I guess ill start yet another Castlevania HOD w/all dlc group @ $9 a slot.

1. (host)
2. raiden_86

[quote name='NSYNC']Apparently I triggered something (200 sales or $20,000) and have been classified as a business/self-employed. I have no choice but to give PayPal my tax ID thanks to the new laws this year. Hosts beware! I don't know how to explain "gameshares" to the IRS, smh.[/QUOTE]

Wow lucky Im using a UK paypal account for all my gameshare stuff. Registered it when I lived there and never changed the address. Might switch the one im using for ebay over too, dont want to deal with that.

Also does anyone have the password for [email protected] It has MAG, Infamous 2 and another game on it. Someone has gone and changed the PW. If it was you can you please PM me the new one so I can sell my share

Acc 1 - Section 8 Predudic With overdrive and Blitz + Red Faction Battlegrounds $4

Acc 2 Spelunker HD + Spareparts (2 Platinums ) $3.50

PM me if interested or if you have the PW for the other share so I can deactivate and sell.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
What makes it worse is that if you refuse they suspend your account for 180 days, garnish whatever is in there then ban you for life! I'm actually spending/losing money, but they think I'm high-rolling LOL!

I will. I'm looking at much bigger problems if I refuse (tax evasion). Just letting hosts know they need to start monitoring how much money they're getting/transferring through PayPal per year. Writing down what the payment is for in that little box has become more important than ever.

Thats just ridiculous, just another way "the man" is gonna stick it to us lol Gamesharing, hmmm, im not too sure how the IRS will feel about that

[quote name='Braxis']Castlevania Harmony of Despair (All content, full game and all avaliable dlc) / $10- (Host resides in United States, if that matters)
1. Braxis (Host)
2. raiden_86 (no payment yet, has until 2pm EST 9/30 to respond or this becomes open slot to others)
3. clonesniper666 (paid)
4. jirom (paid)
5. alangee (no payment yet but is expected by 3pm)

All new slot members you have till end of 9/30 EST for payment or your slot will open for others. I do not like enforcing stringent deadlines but I do not want to keep those that have already paid waiting.
raiden_86 check your pm. I have also contacted you via PSN.

Payment methods accepted: Paypal/PSN network card (preferred)
Once everyone has paid, game and all the dlc will be purchased and account information sent to the share group
[/QUOTE]
You don't have to wait or make others wait. Buy the game, only give slots to those who've paid and give them access as soon as they've paid until all slots are full.

[quote name='NSYNC']I will. I'm looking at much bigger problems if I refuse (tax evasion). Just letting hosts know they need to start monitoring how much money they're getting/transferring through PayPal per year. Writing down what the payment is for in that little box has become more important than ever.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, I can't imagine how much gamesharing your doing to get that high. I gameshare a ton, every game I wan't plus even more that I haven't gotten around to playing. I'm the host of a long term share as well and I don't think I'm anywhere near $20k.

[quote name='TylDurden']You don't have to wait or make others wait. Buy the game, only give slots to those who've paid and give them access as soon as they've paid until all slots are full.

Holy shit, I can't imagine how much gamesharing your doing to get that high. I gameshare a ton, every game I wan't plus even more that I haven't gotten around to playing. I'm the host of a long term share as well and I don't think I'm anywhere near $20k.[/QUOTE]

Its not gameshares dude lol, most likely its through ebay transactions.

Its a 1099 K

If you receive $20,000 through PayPal for selling stuff online, then you will be taxed. If you can prove that it was just gifts, inheritances, and other non-taxable things, then they will not tax you. If you are a normal person who gets less than $600 each year through PayPal, and fewer than 200 payments each year, then nothing will happen.

[quote name='NSYNC']I will. I'm looking at much bigger problems if I refuse (tax evasion). Just letting hosts know they need to start monitoring how much money they're getting/transferring through PayPal per year. Writing down what the payment is for in that little box has become more important than ever.[/QUOTE]I wonder how the gifts are treated?

I'm not gamesharing so much as always hosting then having to transfer those funds to my bank account. I definitely hit the 200 transaction mark, but $20,000 is out there.

[quote name='NSYNC']I'm not gamesharing so much as always hosting then having to transfer those funds to my bank account. I definitely hit the 200 transaction mark, but $20,000 is out there.[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah. Its gonna be hard proving that majority of that amount was gifts/etc.

Good luck! Hopefully you can figure this out soon. I would hate having this at the back of my mind.

Haven't sold much on eBay, but I can see how PP gift/gamesharing could be tricky to explain if you also have a small business. Not gifting only makes it so much worse, LOL! Here's some stuff from PayPal I received;

We'll use your tax ID number to send tax Form 1099-K to you and the IRS when the payments you receive exceed both of these milestones in a calendar year:

•$20,000 in gross payment volume for goods and services

•200 payments

Providing your tax ID number now will help you continue to sell with PayPal and avoid any interruption to your account. Please provide your tax ID number today.

You can find more information about the new tax rules and why we need your tax ID number at www.paypal.com/irs.

Thanks for taking the time to meet this IRS requirement. If you exceed the account activity levels this year, your Form 1099-K will be ready for you early next year.

If we need more information to provide your Form 1099-K, we will contact you.

I'M OK!!!
:goes and cries:

Refusal to comply is reportedly a 180 day account freeze to garnish money then a lifetime ban from PayPal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='clonesniper666']Selling Accounts:
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection and Ugly Americans - $4
Ratchet and Clank Quest for Booty and Wipeout HD - offer
Assassins Creed Brotherhood + all DLC - $9[/QUOTE]
Just bumping from 3 pages back

[quote name='gamerGirl34']I have Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Early Access from Subway.
Would anyone be interested in buying slots for $1?[/QUOTE]

is that just the Multiplayer beta all over again?

Same maps etc?

[quote name='gamerGirl34']I have Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Early Access from Subway.
Would anyone be interested in buying slots for $1?[/QUOTE]

Hmm this is tempting...

[quote name='Brainberry']is that just the Multiplayer beta all over again?

Same maps etc?[/QUOTE]

supposed to be the full version of the MP and stats carry over.

[quote name='Ace!']supposed to be the full version of the MP and stats carry over.[/QUOTE]

Yes Its Full Multiplayer (All Maps, Weapons, Skins etc) & Stats Carry Over To Retail Game. Starts October 1st 12:01 am PST & Ends October 31st (Day Before Retail Release).

Early Access Codes on Ebay range anywhere between $5-$10.

Paypal Gift Only $1...

Slots for sale:

Account 1: $5
3 Red Dead Redemption DLCs(Undead nightmare collection)
Assassins Creed Brotherhood da vince disappearance
Scott Pillgrim vs the world full game

Account 2: $1
Infamous 2 Super Voucher(Hero Edition)
Sniper Blast Skill DLC

[quote name='Ace!']do you not eat at Subway at all?

You get a free MP code on the sandwich wrapper and 30oz cup.[/QUOTE]

Drink alone is $1.71...

[quote name='Braxis']Castlevania Harmony of Despair (All content, full game and all available dlc) / $10

slots filled, awaiting final payments.

1. Braxis (Host)
2. asteroide (pending payment, said will pay by today)
3. clonesniper666 (paid)
4. jirom (paid)
5. alangee (paid)

[/QUOTE]
Payment sent about 3 hours ago, just so everyone's aware.

[quote name='Ace!']do you not eat at Subway at all?

You get a free MP code on the sandwich wrapper and 30oz cup.[/QUOTE]

I eat at fast food joints maybe twice a year.

Uncharted 3 Early Access Multiplayer
1.) gamerGirl34 (host)
2.) Dannykillzombies
3.) Brainberry
4.)
5.)

Paypal Gift $1

I'm Offering the convenience of saving you a trip to go to subway.

[quote name='gamerGirl34']Uncharted 3 Early Access Multiplayer
1.) gamerGirl34 (host)
2.) Dannykillzombies
3.) Brainberry
4.) SL4V3DOG
5.)

Paypal Gift $1

I'm Offering the convenience of saving you a trip to go to subway.[/QUOTE]

I'm in.

[quote name='gamerGirl34'] Originally Posted by gamerGirl34
Uncharted 3 Early Access Multiplayer
1.) gamerGirl34 (host)
2.) Dannykillzombies
3.) Brainberry
4.) SL4V3DOG
5.) skylinersx

Paypal Gift $1

I'm Offering the convenience of saving you a trip to go to subway.

[/QUOTE]

i'm in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back