CAG PSN Gamesharing #6 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely getting lone survivir. Not sure whether to get it on ps3 or vita.

Also any interest in armored core guys?
Hopefully, you won't have to choose between the two (I will definitely get it for Vita if its not crossbuy).

I have some potential interest in AC. I haven't played it since the PSOne days, so would want to see some reviews first before committing. Anyone have feedback on how the series has been the last few entries?

Hopefully, you won't have to choose between the two (I will definitely get it for Vita if its not crossbuy).

I have some potential interest in AC. I haven't played it since the PSOne days, so would want to see some reviews first before committing. Anyone have feedback on how the series has been the last few entries?
I used to play the crap out of a demo for the first AC on PS1. Just one stage with two mechs clobbering it out. Two players too!

What kind of share do you guys want? I used to play the original and 2 all the time. Not going to lie the last few sucked. 5wasnt that great.

@rpg when I said ps3 I meant as gameshare grouo.

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of share do you guys want? I used to play the original and 2 all the time. Not going to lie the last few sucked. 5wasnt that great.

@rpg when I said ps3 I meant as gameshare grouo.
I would need a resell. Nice to see I am not the only one here that used to play the first one. I used to system link with a few buddies of mine and we would hook up to different TVs and have some insane MP sessions.

SO I've been playing Time and Eternity and It's not even close to the worst jRPG I've ever played.

I would like a phantom, but a resell is fine if no one fills it.
Alright cool. I'll probably get a resell anyway depending on how reviews are.

I need to start working again, my summer job savings are depleted already.

Armored Core Verdict Day

Resells

1. Pancakes (could probably switch)

2. Yanks

Phantom

2. Dead_Batteries

I don't care who hosts but no $2.19 psn codes allowed.

Looking for:

• The last of us
  • Tales of Xilia

Phantoms if possible. Thanks

Very rare chance you will find phantom of xillia without making a new group, as the last group made for it was shortly after release. That would require someone who had a group a while ago to have bought all 4 slots and not made any phantoms yet

Can anyone who uses the 3.0 library let me know if the new update changed anything on their end (such as not being able to make topics?) - I think at this point both the 2.0 and 3.0 libraries are going to die out real soon as nobody is using either of them, so maybe soon i'll make a new one allowing people to request access, but requiring a certain feedback level and share donations to get in. Thoughts?

Starting Terraria tomorrow. Anyone have it and want to send me good stuff to start off with?

Also, I now have plats for all Metal Gear games.

MGS2 - 2 Plats
MGS3 - 2
MGS4 - 1
MGSPW - 1
MGRising - 1

7 total...woot!

Selling/Trading:

Assassin's Creed: Revelations DLC (Character, Map and The Lost Archives)

Looking for:

-Battlefield Bad Company 2 DLC

-Black Ops 2 Vengeance DLC

-Resident Evil 6 Siege DLC (Already have the other 3, but I'll take one bundled with em anyway.)

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Apocalypse DLC ($15) Sept. 26

Resell ($5)

Phantom ($2.50)

1. TheCro

**Still looking for a GTA5 phantom. Could host another group if there's enough interest but surely someone has a phantom lying around?

GTA5 ($59.99)

$20
1) domo325
2) rxdoga

$10
1) Usu
2) aShufflinMonkey

Need one more sellable to complete this group!**

Add me!

UK PS+ Phantom Account/Games for sale (good till 28/06/2014)

$10.00 PayPal/Amazon

Assassin's Creed®III Classic Edition

Battlefield 3™

Catherine

Coconut Dodge Revitalised (Vita)

Demon's Souls™

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen

Far Cry 3

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams

Gravity Rush™ (Vita)

ICO™ and Shadow of the Colossus™ Classics HD

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

LEGO® The Lord of the Rings™ (Vita)

LittleBigPlanet™ Karting

Lord of the Rings: War in the North

MAFIA II

MALICIOUS™

NBA 2K13

Need for Speed™ Most Wanted

New Little King's Story

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (Vita)

PAYDAY™ The Heist

Rayman® Origins (Vita)

Saints Row: The Third

Sine Mora

Spec Ops: The Line

Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark (PS3/Vita)

Street Fighter X Tekken (Vita)

The Cave

The Jak and Daxter Trilogy (PS3/Vita)

Touch My Katamari (Vita)

Uncharted 3

Uncharted: Golden Abyss™

Unit 13™ (Vita)

Urban Trial Freestyle (Vita)

When Vikings Attack™

XCOM®: Enemy Unknown

* account will be available after the next UK store update (Sep 25)
Bump!

Selling The Last of Us resell and Dead Space 3 resell.
Looking for $14 on TLOU and $10 on DS3. Discount on both if you send the money before 6am EST.

PS3 Digital Copies of Ass. Creed 4 Black Flag, Battlefield 4, COD:Ghosts and Watch Dogs are all upgradeable to PS4 for $10.  (other games are likely to be announced for the program, and the upgrade price is up to the developer/publisher)

If you use a DISC upgrade voucher, you will need to retain the PS3 disc and keep it in your PS4 to play the digital copy. If you buy it digitally for PS3, you are set for PS4 by just paying the $10.

http://uk.playstation.com/psn/support/ps3/detail/linked648169/item648212/Digital-Upgrade-Programme-frequently-asked-questions/

PS3 Digital Copies of Ass. Creed 4 Black Flag, Battlefield 4, COD:Ghosts and Watch Dogs are all upgradeable to PS4 for $10. (other games are likely to be announced for the program, and the upgrade price is up to the developer/publisher)

If you use a DISC upgrade voucher, you will need to retain the PS3 disc and keep it in your PS4 to play the digital copy. If you buy it digitally for PS3, you are set for PS4 by just paying the $10.

http://uk.playstation.com/psn/support/ps3/detail/linked648169/item648212/Digital-Upgrade-Programme-frequently-asked-questions/
If gamesharing is somewhat possible on PS4. (Just 2 shares) Couldn't the resells split the price of the upgrade? That would be cool.

I haven't heard anything yet on wether GS is possible on a PS4.

However, even in the worst case scenario, the resells can likely still work something out with each other - so that one of them keeps the account and pays for the $10 PS4 upgrade, while the other gets whatever they agree upon.

I haven't heard anything yet on wether GS is possible on a PS4.

However, even in the worst case scenario, the resells can likely still work something out with each other - so that one of them keeps the account and pays for the $10 PS4 upgrade, while the other gets whatever they agree upon.
It would be awesome if you get an activation on PS4 in addition to the 2 PS3 slots.

About the upgrade thing i read some days ago that ea announced FIFA 14 will get free upgrade for the USA digital version . hope there will be GS on PS4 .

I would assume that there would still be more than 1 activation per user account. I am only assuming that because there are quite a few people with more than 1 PS3 in there home. It seems like Sony would be shooting themselves in the foot by encouraging people to not own more than 1 system. 

This is all just speculation though. 

It is good that you can upgrade to the PS4 version of the game for $10.00. That still provides great options for PS3 and PS4 users to have 2 copies of game. Like Tiger said there might be some ability for a PS3 and PS4 user to have the same account and play on their respective systems. The other option that might open up in a 6 person group. 2 phantoms, 2 PS3 resells, 2 PS4 resells. The pricing structure would have to change for these groups but we really won't know anything until the PS4 comes out. If I am seeing this correctly I am thinking $17.00 for the PS4 slots, $12.00 for the PS3 resells, $6.00 for the phantoms. This is taking into account that the games would then cost $70.00 due to the $60.00 + $10.00 upgrade. This could possibly be great for our community.

I would assume that there would still be more than 1 activation per user account. I am only assuming that because there are quite a few people with more than 1 PS3 in there home. It seems like Sony would be shooting themselves in the foot by encouraging people to not own more than 1 system.

It is good that you can upgrade to the PS4 version of the game for $10.00. That still provides great options for PS3 and PS4 users to have 2 copies of game. Like Tiger said there might be some ability for a PS3 and PS4 user to have the same account and play on their respective systems. The other option that might open up in a 6 person group. 2 phantoms, 2 PS3 resells, 2 PS4 resells. The pricing structure would have to change for these groups but we really won't know anything until the PS4 comes out. If I am seeing this correctly I am thinking $17.00 for the PS4 slots, $12.00 for the PS3 resells, $6.00 for the phantoms. This is taking into account that the games would then cost $70.00 due to the $60.00 + $10.00 upgrade. This could possibly be great for our community.
never thought about that , good thinking boosted ;)

Sony has already said that in order to play games on more than 1 console, the purchasing account needs to be online on every system that wasn't the original one. They aren't doing the 2 activations anymore. It's just like Xbox.

It'll either be one PS4 phantom + one PS4 resellable or two of each. Don't think there would be a case with two PS4 resells and no phantoms.

I really hope it doesn't end up like the Vita, with only one user. That would effectively kill all gamesharing.

Sony has already said that in order to play games on more than 1 console, the purchasing account needs to be online on every system that wasn't the original one. They aren't doing the 2 activations anymore. It's just like Xbox.
There, I missed that part. Oh well, we can all hope that gamesharing makes it to the ps4 in some capacity. Has anyone heard anything about cross platform play between PS3 and PS4? Will call of duty be played between systems? If not that will really cut down the communities quite a bit.

Also for the trophy hunters out there, I wonder if there will be trophy stacking between the ps3 and ps4 versions.

There, I missed that part. Oh well, we can all hope that gamesharing makes it to the ps4 in some capacity. Has anyone heard anything about cross platform play between PS3 and PS4? Will call of duty be played between systems? If not that will really cut down the communities quite a bit.
Also for the trophy hunters out there, I wonder if there will be trophy stacking between the ps3 and ps4 versions.
I'm not so much concerned with trophy stacking as I am that Sony might pull a Microsoft and change their trophy setup. Microsoft is doing all these stupid things with achievements now, and I just want Sony to stick to what they have.

... The other option that might open up in a 6 person group. 2 phantoms, 2 PS3 resells, 2 PS4 resells....
This already works with Vita crossbuy titles, like Sly:Thieves in Time, Pinball Arcade,..., right? You can activate 2 PS3 phantoms/resells and 1Vita phantom/resell in same acc or not?

What is this about MS charging for achievements? What did I miss?
Wait I didn't say they're charging...did I?

http://majornelson.com/2013/06/12/xbox-one-achievements/

The thing that I don't like is the ability for devs to add new achievements when they feel like it. I mean, that seems like a dumb thing to complain about, and probably is. But once I finish up a game and get the platinum, I'm very unlikely to go back to that game later. That's more of a problem now that I'm sharing these games and can't just pop the disc back in.

Also you can earn achievements for non gaming things like watching TV. The first edition console comes with a code to unlock an achievement for buying it.

I heard that you can keep your main PS3 acc on PS4, so don't make sense rip the trophies from your list and start from zero.

I think that will be like with Vita games, they will update the system so that trophies from PS4, Ps3 and Vita appears in same list.

Has anyone heard anything about cross platform play between PS3 and PS4? Will call of duty be played between systems? If not that will really cut down the communities quite a bit.
DC Universe Online will have cross platform play between PS3 and 4. I haven't read anything about other titles, but at least we know it's possible.

How many people in this forum intend to purchase a PS4 on release? The PS3 still has some good stuff coming out, plus with Christmas deals we should be ok on the PS3 front I think.

Wo just tried that Hatsune Miku game and couldn't hit a single note with an tying other than an awful rating. Didn't think I'd be that bad, but this is definitely one game I'm not playing.

Wait I didn't say they're charging...did I?

http://majornelson.com/2013/06/12/xbox-one-achievements/

The thing that I don't like is the ability for devs to add new achievements when they feel like it. I mean, that seems like a dumb thing to complain about, and probably is. But once I finish up a game and get the platinum, I'm very unlikely to go back to that game later. That's more of a problem now that I'm sharing these games and can't just pop the disc back in.

Also you can earn achievements for non gaming things like watching TV. The first edition console comes with a code to unlock an achievement for buying it.
Change..charge.. it's all the same word early in the morning.

I don't have a lot of faith that gamesharing will be possible on PS4, at least in a convenient way resembling the PS3.

I'm getting a PS4 day one so of course I'd be WAY into gameshares on PS4, even if there was some hassle. Hell if it saved me a substantial amount of money on a game I'd go through a lot of hassle honestly.

How many people in this forum intend to purchase a PS4 on release? The PS3 still has some good stuff coming out, plus with Christmas deals we should be ok on the PS3 front I think.
I had mine pre-ordered but i cancelled it lately, because of that reason. Too many good games coming to the ps3. Actually, i realized that the only games that interested me enough to buy them on the ps4 are coming on the ps3 too lol

im planning to get it when it release if it has gameshare other wise no way i can get , cant afford full retail price for games in my country , so if it doesn't have gameshare then i will stuck with ps3 until one of the new consoles get cracked . if that happened that will mean playing offline all time no trophies online on the account :( , sucks .

Wo just tried that Hatsune Miku game and couldn't hit a single note with an tying other than an awful rating. Didn't think I'd be that bad, but this is definitely one game I'm not playing.
i tried it twice and found my self horrible cant even pass a single song , guess will give it an other try but not soon .

[quote name="cobolatrix" post="11075458" timestamp="1379686143"]
What is the procedure to follow if a phantom doesn't download his game on time? I'm still waiting for one phantom to download GTA V lol.[/quote]
If he doant want it i can buy the phantom and download it today

Also if anymore people want gta v ill be a phantom, i was waitimg for the ps4 release but that is uncertain

If that's the case it's time to form buddy pairs. Main accounts will have to be shared but allows for at least a 50/50 split. One person funds their main and the other person buys the game on their console with it.

This means basically unless you're a regular here, good luck getting ps4 game shares. Given the fact that you can't do groups and have to stick with one person (unless you don't mind playing on a new account), this really puts a dent in killing game sharing. Mainly because the other person you share with isn't always going to want to split the same games as you, and you can't go find another person to do it with since each acct will only have one console activation (as in drm is tied to console you purchased it on) and one gamertag activation (being signed into the gamertag)

I'm worried that if I don't preorder it I won't be able to get one until at least a few months into 2014 due to supply. They already cut off pre orders so that they could have weekly stock in places after release, but i'm predicting that it will be like the Wii when it first came out where you're going to have to be quick to nab one. Games journalists are predicting roughly the same thing.

Really no games coming out until 2014 anyway, so if I have to wait I guess it's not that bad.

I'm holding out on PS4 until next year. Going to try at least, lol. Even though I don't gameshare much now, I would have been more inclined to buy in early had gamesharing been confirmed/allowed. Even without phantoms, it would have defrayed some of the cost. As it is, there just aren't any compelling next-gen games that I want to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back