CAG PSN Gamesharing #7 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone willing to help a noobie out? I'm looking for a spot in a south park game share on ps3. I'm willing to take any spot, phantom or reseller.. I'll really appreciate some positive feedback to help get me started with a good reputation. I may need some guidance as I've never game shared before in my life but my cousin is a member here & I've heard good things. If anyone has a spot let me know, I won't mind hosting a group but I will need some guidance. Thanks

Sure now we need someone to help us host and another resell 
Resell: £4
2. Zig91
Phantom: £2
1.BogyDogy
2. ClydeShebang 

Could someone please explain to me how game sharing works? I'm guessing 2 phantoms download, then the consoles are deactivated online via Web browser, then the 2 resellers each download & keep the password? & can both phantom & reseller host the group?

Could someone please explain to me how game sharing works? I'm guessing 2 phantoms download, then the consoles are deactivated online via Web browser, then the 2 resellers each download & keep the password? & can both phantom & reseller host the group?
Sounds like you've got a grasp on everything. Anyone can host, even if they're not a part of the group.

Sounds like you've got a grasp on everything. Anyone can host, even if they're not a part of the group.
awesome thanks! What I don't quite get though is after that is done, why can't the resellers deactivate online then pass it on again.. (actually I think I got.it, you need to wait 6 months until you can deactivate again online, hence resellers keeping/selling the account) ok say I host a group & im a reseller, I create the account, buy the game, pass it onto the phantoms, when they finish deactivate their PS3's, give the other reseller the password, then we both keep it.. Because I created the account to buy the game, won't my ps3 be activated by default?? Assume I use a Web browser to create the account & buy the game? Also I thought the phantoms would lose the ability to play the game after their console has been deactivated online?

No reason to not buy the game from the web browser. If you are a reseller who is also hosting and for whatever reason you do buy the game from the console itself, you can just deactivate from within the console, pass the info to the phantoms, and activate when they're done as you normally would (after deactivating them from the site).

Phantoms would lose the ability to play the game if they were to sign into that account again, as it'll update the PS3 on that accounts current status (it being deactivated), which is why they don't deactivate from within the PS3 interface itself.

This is what I've gathered from the times I've hosted and the small amount of info I've picked up in previous threads. I may be wrong on some of this stuff, although I don't think I am, cuz it all just kind of makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
No reason to not buy the game from the web browser. If you are a reseller who is also hosting and for whatever reason you do buy the game from the console itself, you can just deactivate from within the console, pass the info to the phantoms, and activate when they're done as you normally would (after deactivating them from the site).

Phantoms would lose the ability to play the game if they were to sign into that account again, as it'll update the PS3 on that accounts current status (it being deactivated), which is why they don't deactivate from within the PS3 interface itself.

This is what I've gathered from the times I've hosted and the small amount of info I've picked up in previous threads. I may be wrong on some of this stuff, although I don't think I am, cuz it all just kind of makes sense.
This is all correct.

Also to add to DK's question, a resell can be sold at any time as long as you deactivate through your ps3 - doesn't have to be 6 months.

Nice to see that you guys are not only openly disclosing information that should be kept private. but your giving it to a newb who just joined.

Nice to see that you guys are not only openly disclosing information that should be kept private. but your giving it to a newb who just joined.
If you're talking about us then I'm not sure what you mean as anything and everything we've said can be found in the OP and by doing some googling. As for him being new, what of it? Everyone has to start somewhere, it's not like we handed him some freebie accounts with CC info tied to them.

Even if he was a scammer, no one has even agreed to do a share with him yet - it's always up to the user's discretion on whether or not they want to deal with someone new. Nothing wrong with explaining a bit to someone who is a little confused, though it probably should have been done via PM.

Sheesh.

I had no idea it should be kept in PM.. I'll gladly edit my posts if I've given away too much info? Though im sure I read about a lot on another post I seen. Like Mixer23 said, everyone has to start somewhere, I had to ask questions to understand how it works.. For the record not a scammer, just interested in south park share group, then if it goes well maybe something else in the future..

South Park : The Stick of Truth

Resell

1. MrRosales (Host)

2. DK-Matty (Paid)

Phantom

1. wjgillespie602 (Paid)

2. MrRosales

I decided to take the other phantom, so group complete.

I had no idea it should be kept in PM.. I'll gladly edit my posts if I've given away too much info? Though im sure I read about a lot on another post I seen. Like Mixer23 said, everyone has to start somewhere, I had to ask questions to understand how it works.. For the record not a scammer, just interested in south park share group, then if it goes well maybe something else in the future..
No worries, its not that big of a deal. Generally if you have a lot of questions someone will PM you and get you up to speed that way so as not to clutter up the thread. You didn't do anything wrong though. Some people just like to act like this is some invite-only exclusive club and ignore the newer members. I'm wary of dealing with newbies myself, but have actually never had a bad experience with one either through here or trading/selling actual physical items.

I get being protective of things you paid for but if every new person that shows up gets ignored then the community will never grow and finding shares/filling groups only becomes harder.

No worries, its not that big of a deal. Generally if you have a lot of questions someone will PM you and get you up to speed that way so as not to clutter up the thread. You didn't do anything wrong though. Some people just like to act like this is some invite-only exclusive club and ignore the newer members. I'm wary of dealing with newbies myself, but have actually never had a bad experience with one either through here or trading/selling actual physical items.

I get being protective of things you paid for but if every new person that shows up gets ignored then the community will never grow and finding shares/filling groups only becomes harder.
Thanks for your help, understandable people have trust issues. Pretty sad the amount of effort it'll take to scam somebody out of $20 or one game but no dough people do it. Gotta thank MrRosales for hosting a group & allowing me to join! I deferentially have no intentions of ripping anyone off, im kind of surprised these game shares actually work, it's f***ing awesome!!

one year? 4 years for me i just checked

and tomorrow makes it 8 years on cag for me...dont feel like its that long

Is there a list of upcoming groups? I joined a Dark Souls/ South Park group awhile back and forgot who with.
South Park - Stick of Truth + Dark Souls II

Resell - $40

1. Taavivesi

2. HyeVltg3

Phantom - $20

1. Mageshadow

2. TheyTookOurJobz

We're not collecting payments until the 11th though, as HyeVltg3 wants.

I'll send PM's shortly

Not unless they format your PS4, or send you a different PS4.

As long as they dont delete anything off your PS4, and they send you back the same PS4 you sent them, you should be fine... But im not sure if its standard policy for them to format it. Never sent anything in to them.

If its a warranty claim, call/email them ask what they "can" do.
Its written in lots of places that you should backup your data.
as its a hardware issue, theres a high chance they'll just not waste time and give you a refurb PS4 saying that they "fixed" it.
lots of Manufactures do that with electronics, costs more labor money to open your specific device up and fix it, its actually cheaper to send you a refurb while they fix your original Device so the next customer that sends their broken product in, they can just send them your now-fixed device.
Thanks for answering guys.

Guess I'm most likely losing my phantoms.

Hey guys!

I'm looking for a FFX group.(Forgot I was in a group already, sorry xs).

Also looking for good single-player games, as I didn't have Internet this whole week and will have more issues with this thanks to my ISP -.-

Looking for:

Trine 2 (PS3) & Rise of the Guardians (PS3)

or groups:

Trine 2 (PS3) 1,1GB

$5

R1. Bravens

R2.

-------------------

$2,5

P1

P2

Rise of the Guardians (PS3) 3GB

$6,66

R1. Bravens (can switch phantom)

R2. rams81

-------------------

$3,34

P1 Setup

P2

Looking for:

Trine 2 (PS3) & Rise of the Guardians (PS3)

or groups:

Trine 2 (PS3) 1,1GB

$5

R1. Bravens

R2.

-------------------

$2,5

P1

P2

Rise of the Guardians (PS3) 3GB

$6,66

R1. Bravens (can switch phantom)