CAG PSN Gamesharing #7 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! So aparently the PSN Store is going to let us rent games.

This is a pretty neet thing, as we can't always get timeshares(especially for older games) :D

EDIT: We can already do this, just update the PS Store and you can now rent video games :)
This is probably the beginning of the PlaystationNOW program. They probably wanted to test it out. Can we rent ps3 games from the ps4 yet? That is what I am waiting for.

Hey guys! So aparently the PSN Store is going to let us rent games.

This is a pretty neet thing, as we can't always get timeshares(especially for older games) :D

EDIT: We can already do this, just update the PS Store and you can now rent video games :)
No luck on my side, probably due to me being in Canada though.

This is probably the beginning of the PlaystationNOW program. They probably wanted to test it out. Can we rent ps3 games from the ps4 yet? That is what I am waiting for.
Yeah, what i heard is that the option for rent already appears but for free but when you try to acces you can't, so indeed looks to be a test of Now.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/03/14/game-rentals-appear-on-us-psn-store/

Some people are wondering if this will be part of Plus subscription, i hope so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Deadly Premonition any good?
an incredible game imo. no other game like it. if you like twin peaks (the show) you will probably like the game.

people either love it or hate it, no in between. well worth the $20 or whatever it is imo

also, i remember them saying on podcast beyond that they were charging $5 to rent uncharted 3 with PS NOW. I don't remember if that was their estimate or what sony was looking to charge, but there's no way I'm paying $5 to rent any game. It needs to be subscription based with the entire library at your disposal or it will fail imo. there is no way it will be part of ps+, i'll put money down on that. there's no point in launching the service if it's going to be given to ps+ members for free.

Raiborg: @Pravado or any other member of the library: How does it work? Not the joining, but the actual process of borrowing and lending out games. Say Cag P and Cag R each donated a game of a high caliber. Let's also say Cag P is interested in borrowing what Cag R donated, and vice-versa. How do the members get access to the other's game? (In as much detail as possible, feel free to PM me)

Cag P PMs Cag R asking for the game. Cag R sends him the login info if he's next in line, and lets him know when the due date is. There's nothing more to it than that. There's no way for a non-member to know who donated what game (unless we have a mole, but i've been pretty good with not accepting non-regulars), so there's no way for anyone to  steal a share (as in, no way for a non-regular to just PM someone and ask for a game cause they won't know who donated what)

And if there is any foul play, people can report it to me and we can hold people's court. I have no toleration for people trying to game the system or for gs noobies messing up accounts in stupid fashions. I have yet to accept anyone that doesn't seem level-headed. I also get a few requests here and there of people speaking broken english, I never accept them. That's not me being racist or anything, but from experience, non-english speakers are hard to communicate with and often screw shares up. No need to take the risk.

Basically, I do my best to keep only solid members in there. We haven't had a new request for a while though, probably cause I'm not promoting it (since all that did was catch me flak by people misinterpreting things/seeing things from an outside perspective)

Right. That wasn't as specific as I would have liked (how are the games advertised for example), but let me put it another way:

Say a librarian was chosen to start/continue a library on CAG. A thread would be created and stickied beneath/along with this topic. The opening could be dealt with in 2 ways that I can think of:

1. The OP is made by the librarian and contains a list of all current members as well as the library's rules and regulations. One of the rules would obviously be to know who is in the OP at all times, as content should not be lent to members not on the list. The librarian could reserve the first few posts in case they needed extra space, but they could also list every game in the library, along with who donated it, how long it's out for, etc. The problem with this is it might be too much work on the part of the librarian.

2. The OP is made to be a wiki post, allowing anyone to edit it. The members could then edit in the info pertaining to when a game is available and so on. The problem with this is non-members could edit the post, though that would depend on what info would be kept in the OP. The next post would be made by the librarian, who would list the rules, current members, and so on.

There could be other configurations, but you get the point.

Now, in what way would the above system not work? Lack of privacy, not being organized (how so?), something else?

I also get a few requests here and there of people speaking broken english, I never accept them. That's not me being racist or anything, but from experience, non-english speakers are hard to communicate with and often screw shares up. No need to take the risk.
I are the first wit a brocken english who got acepted hooray!!

also, i remember them saying on podcast beyond that they were charging $5 to rent uncharted 3 with PS NOW. I don't remember if that was their estimate or what sony was looking to charge, but there's no way I'm paying $5 to rent any game. It needs to be subscription based with the entire library at your disposal or it will fail imo. there is no way it will be part of ps+, i'll put money down on that. there's no point in launching the service if it's going to be given to ps+ members for free.
I think $5 to rent a game is pretty reasonable if it's for a week or a couple weeks. Keep in mind that this is probably aimed more at people who never owned a PS3 and so wouldn't have had access to the games otherwise. I also can't imagine there wont be some sort of subscription that could lessen the cost (depending on how many games you rent.)

Is Deadly Premonition any good?
One of the most bizarre and memorable games you will ever play.

I just noticed that the price to preorder the new infamous game is 70$ here in canada... The dollar dropped and now, the games cost more? Damn you Sony !!

Selling (all resellable slots):

LBP Karting: $8
Mortal Kombat: $4
Alice Madness Returns + Weapons of Madness and Dresses Pack: $4
Mafia II: $3
Stacking + DLC, Dead Nation, Wipeout HD + DLC: $3

Send me a PM if you're interested.

Yeah, i agree, PS Now should have the subscription option like Plus. If the prices matches that of Plus, $50/year or so i think it's good. Hope to be possible to GS rents either =)

About being part of Plus, what i meant to said was that are some speculations that you could try the game for 7 days for free not forever, that won't make any sense like you mentioned.

an incredible game imo. no other game like it. if you like twin peaks (the show) you will probably like the game.

people either love it or hate it, no in between. well worth the $20 or whatever it is imo
One of the most bizarre and memorable games you will ever play.
I've heard so many different things about this, I've also checked out the gameplay a bit. The voice acting seems to be intentionally bad (almost like they wanted it to feel like an old RE game) it was hillarious, and the graphics looked like an old ps2 game, but I'm not that picky with the graphics, the only thing that matters is that the game is good.

I'm thinking of getting one more game this month and I'm thinking of what it should be, but hopefully something special, that's why I wonder. I guess that it's pretty hard to get a share of this though?

Right. That wasn't as specific as I would have liked (how are the games advertised for example), but let me put it another way:

Say a librarian was chosen to start/continue a library on CAG. A thread would be created and stickied beneath/along with this topic. The opening could be dealt with in 2 ways that I can think of:

1. The OP is made by the librarian and contains a list of all current members as well as the library's rules and regulations. One of the rules would obviously be to know who is in the OP at all times, as content should not be lent to members not on the list. The librarian could reserve the first few posts in case they needed extra space, but they could also list every game in the library, along with who donated it, how long it's out for, etc. The problem with this is it might be too much work on the part of the librarian.

2. The OP is made to be a wiki post, allowing anyone to edit it. The members could then edit in the info pertaining to when a game is available and so on. The problem with this is non-members could edit the post, though that would depend on what info would be kept in the OP. The next post would be made by the librarian, who would list the rules, current members, and so on.

There could be other configurations, but you get the point.

Now, in what way would the above system not work? Lack of privacy, not being organized (how so?), something else?
The games are advertised in an alphabetized list, each one gets their own topic.

I can tell you right now that won't work because if you have a public list of who donated what, you could have randoms asking them to borrow. Most people won't even bother checking the list to make sure they're a member, and would give them the info.

If you're asking me to give you advice on how to successfully create competition for the existing library that I run, you should be asking someone else. I don't see anyone pulling their shares from a developed library to put into a new one with less accountability though.

Compete with? No, I have no use for a library. In fact, a functioning library would do me more harm than good. Said library would replace your off-site library. It could be run by you or whoever else the members want it to be. This is assuming they wanted to move it back to this site.

From what you are saying though, you would require a sub-forum. Say a sub-forum was obtained (lol, no, I don't expect the mods to create one), how would it differ from your current setup? Would it be able to function as is?

No, because there's no way to only have some people get access. That's fulfilled by private forums that require registration and approval for entry. Groups allowed for that, but with their removal... yeah.

Pretty much every regular in this thread that's interested is already a part of the off-site library, and there's no way to move it back here without risking security. The link is right in my sig, people know where to find it.

People gaining access when they shouldn't could be remedied by having the list of members stickied, however, it has occurred to me that non-members would still post their own threads. That could probably be fixed by implementing rules (you can't sell PSN codes in the 'deals' forum, for instance), but that could be more trouble than it's worth. Oh well, just throwing it out there. Maybe someone will get an idea from this.

Looking for A share of COD. Willing to trade or loan out. (I loan you a share and you loan me a share) If you have a timeshare that'd be great.

Had both preordered on disc but lost my license and need to save money...:/

If any ground zeroes (ps4) or Final Fantasy x phantoms become available, please let me know.

posted this a few times, but hoping to get this off the ground!  Looking for a few more people to round this out!

Witch and the Hundred Knight/Atelier Escha and Logy Group:

Resell ($22.66)

Phantom ($13.33)

1. themightypencil

2. kvntwvlf

I can switch to a resell potentially if we can fill this quickly...help us out!

Just wanted to post a word of warning again to everyone to not share with GordonGecko. I have asked before to get a deposit from them when they were buying an account. They have no feedback so a deposit is customary. This was the response that I received.

"tons of scams operate with deposits and its again paypal TOS , i received over $250k in my paypal account over the years i would not risk it for $20 not even for $20k. i just bought the games legit in PSN for my little brother because its too time consuming to deal with all the broke children here."

Deal with at your own risk.

@The dudes who are compiling lists of sellers/buyers: Until I see how it works, please leave me out of the listings. I tend to edit my posts within minutes of a change, so it could get annoying, having members PM me for items that have already been sold, for example. Great initiative though.
Ah ok, i did that because guessing that just a few was willing to update i started to do it myself w/ the recent posts. I will do it for now, it isn't too much trouble for me since theres aren't to much gs related posts/day here in this thread and most of time they are just repetition of same stuff.

But i really hope people start to edit and put your listings there. The link is on my sig.

Metal Gear Solid Ground Zero (PS4)
R~
P~Crashlen0

Add yourself, I cant host.
darendeli wants a resell, why not join both? pm him

Edit: @Boosted, i think jlazenby asked this before but this guy wasn't banned? i thought so

Infamous Second Son March 21st

R: $35 V4oldboy

P: $25

MLB 14 The Show PS3 April 1st

R: $20 V4oldboy

R: $20 

P: $10

Looking for trustworthy CAGs since these will all be preorders so payment will be up front to get the extra $10 deal.

The $10 credit will likely be sold and then split among the shares according to payment %. Or one of the members can purchase it at a discount and the money will be split up between the other members.

Even thought the PS4 is strong hardware-wise, it has no backwards compatibility therefor no way to understand or "emulate" PS3 gaming.

The PS3 has PS1 and PS2 games in the store BECAUSE when the PS3 first launched it was backwards compatible just later SKUs and models evolved(devolved) it from Hardware emulation to software. PS3 already had it built into its CPU and APU (gpu) that "hey you know how to play these older titles so heres digital downloads for it" unlike the PS4 where its not even written into the OS' code that "hey you can also play PS3 games"

So no PS4 cant even play digital downloads of PS3/2/1 games.

Even thought the PS4 is strong hardware-wise, it has no backwards compatibility therefor no way to understand or "emulate" PS3 gaming.
The PS3 has PS1 and PS2 games in the store BECAUSE when the PS3 first launched it was backwards compatible just later SKUs and models evolved(devolved) it from Hardware emulation to software. PS3 already had it built into its CPU and APU (gpu) that "hey you know how to play these older titles so heres digital downloads for it" unlike the PS4 where its not even written into the OS' code that "hey you can also play PS3 games"
So no PS4 cant even play digital downloads of PS3/2/1 games.
I believe that eventually, with PS Now, you're supposed to be able to stream PS3 games on the PS4. Not download and play, but stream online.

I believe that eventually, with PS Now, you're supposed to be able to stream PS3 games on the PS4. Not download and play, but stream online.
u can stream original PlayStation, PlayStation 2, and PlayStation 3 titles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONodIKe6Zag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRSZQly7TG4

OHHH WAIT PSNow is PSTV ??? (think I have the names mixed up)
Playstation Now sounds like a PSN service not that awesome box that looks like Apple TV but sooo much better IMO.

OHHH WAIT PSNow is PSTV ??? (think I have the names mixed up)
Playstation Now sounds like a PSN service not that awesome box that looks like Apple TV but sooo much better IMO.
Two different things.

PS Now is the streaming service. There's also a Vita TV, which is the little box. That box lets you play Vita games as if it were a small console.

how would you "update the PS Store"? i went to my US account and there isnt any option to rent games, or to update the store :)

where do you see this option to rent games and what games are there, and what are the prices? all i see is in free to play is south park game currently but when going on it, it still says $60.
doesn't work for trolls.

Edit: @Boosted, i think jlazenby asked this before but this guy wasn't banned? i thought so
If he wasn't he should, his lone feedback looks bogus (he didn't give it back lol), and we all know he's wohlstand, who WAS banned.

Selling NASCAR 2014 phantom $7

NBA2k14 (PS4&PS3)

PS4

R: SmoothJazz
------------------------
P: Bravens
------------------------
PS3

R1:
R2:
------------------------
P1:
P2:

Need host and prices

Trine2 (PS3)

$4
R1: Bravens (host)
R2:
--------------------------
$2
P1:
P2:
Can I get the ps4 phantom I'll totally jump in if so

Infamous Second Son March 21st

R: $35 V4oldboy

P: $25 NateNinja

MLB 14 The Show PS3 April 1st

R: $20 V4oldboy

R: $20

Looking for trustworthy CAGs since these will all be preorders so payment will be up front to get the extra $10 deal.

The $10 credit will likely be sold and then split among the shares according to payment %. Or one of the members can purchase it at a discount and the money will be split up between the other members.
Infamous group filled. Still looking for phantoms and resell for MLB 14 on PS3.

Sorry about being a pest, but I am still looking for any type of south park share! Was about to cave in today and buy the censored version at the shops.

I think I made a mistake buying Dark Souls 2. I get it and all but I find it more tedious than fun to play.

I'm probably a casual nowadays.

Too bad I got a Phantom Spot!

really? too bad, it should be seen as more a thankfully have a phantom, even if you have a resell its not like you can 100% sell it for a full refund.

At least you didnt buy a resell of a Game you already had on Disc... =/ Bought MGS3 HD and I didnt even know I had the PS3 MGS HD Collection.

I have on my vita account but gave my vita to my brother so I wont be playing it for a very long time hence why I jumped on the MGS HD resell.

Hey im looking to join or start a group for Infamous Second Son. Admittedly ive only completed one share onhere but I was given positive feedback for it. However im interested in the resell slot and im willing to have the phantom host so I think that should put the other person at ease with grouping with me lol rest assured tho im not here to rip anyone off. So with that said

Infamous Second Son

Resell-$35
1. Mikey115

Phantom-$25

A guy in another thread is saying he finished the main campaign of MGS GZ in under an hour on his first playthrough. Glad I'm sharing this one and not paying full retail.

Atelier Escha and Logy
$16.67
----------------
$8.33
3. shigumas

Witch and the Hundred Knights (discounted)
$13.33
1. clonesniper666
----------------
$6.67
3. deidra
4. shigumas
I'll have to drop out since I believe I found a group that is willing to bundle the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back