CAG PSN Gamesharing #8 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is your buddy that you completely vouch for? Interesting how you answered the question intended for the newcomer, are you also affiliated with the forum you posted a link for? What is your profile name at that forum?
Lol. Mr Bauer, we need to have a talk. I'll PM you in a little while, but for now, ease up.

Any member could easily create a profile and pretend to be someone else. They usually don't answer questions with information if they are guilty of the act. Whether or not the questions are answered, that's fine, but I will always allow these possibilities to be for others to decide.

Sometimes I feel like there's a bunch of CIA investigators here. It wasn't my experience when I started in this thread but shit you can't even comment without someone giving you the 3rd degree now.
With all the shenanigans lately you can't be too careful. Even some veterans have turned rogue.

Last edited by a moderator:
He could have just been helpful and searched that username on google, finding the threads or something... :beer:

Still searching for TWD season 1 (complete) timeshare.

So this is your buddy that you completely vouch for? Interesting how you answered the question intended for the newcomer, are you also affiliated with the forum you posted a link for? What is your profile name at that forum?
No, I just used this thing called Google.

Da Drop

PS3

Enemy Front

How To Train Your Dragon 2

SMT: Digital Devil Saga 2(PS2)

Wario64 on June 8th, 2014 at 8:12 am said:

The Last of Us Remastered…believe!

@snake ready for E3?

E3 Times

tumblr_n6rqauxQjy1r83v7zo5_1280.png

Got some meeek shit going on in here.
Meeek is a great guy, had always been up on these situations. Only when people attempt to deflect the situation you find people are scammed by the very person being asked questions. Meeek was actually the person who informed me of shadowlombax, and I'm the person who lombax was referring to who called him out.

Also, I just came from the spanish forum where I searched 'members' and did not find the profile name of

johanlh - where I was given the message:

"Can not find the specified member. Write the full name of the member."

So I'm truly confused how this was found on Google.

Saying scammers don't exist is a lie. I don't like lies. Denial is part of the problem. This series of asking questions should be seen as refreshing, people don't ask questions - and that is ridiculous how this is frowned upon.

Back to the spanish forum - The name johanlh was not found. So how was this Googled if the name does not exist there? A reasonable question , no?

Edit: (Rpg) did inform me there true pro name is 'gaara' , so this does make sense as johanlh is mentioned in their profile.

With all the shenanigans lately you can't be too careful. Even some veterans have turned rogue.
For sure. I totally understand that, which is why I personally probably would not choose to deal with them unless they were vouched for by someone I've done transactions with here or unless they paid first, etc. Even that won't protect me 100%.

Like I said previously, it wasn't my personal experience when I started posting in this thread and making transactions. I dealt with some well respected people and gained some feedback that way. Everyone was super helpful and great to deal with.

I just think there's a way to go about it (not dealing with them being painfully obvious) with a certain bit of respect for the fact that not everyone is a scumbag looking to steal your stuff.

Ok, this is the story:

On 2012 after I bought my second PS3, I found a thread on one of the most famous latin american forums about technology in my country I was part of. On that thread the "gamesharing" was explained (using the old model before nov 2011) and one guy "updated" the thread with the new "rules" after nov 2011. Among the explanations it was a link to the "source" and pointed right here to CAG forums, (that's why I am a member since 2012 :) ), although I registered on this site, I didn't come back to the these forums because the gamesharing over there was easier, and most of the deals one finds here in CAG are very specific for the united states. Well, years passed and a lot of things happened on that forum, the gamesharing evolved, lot of people were active on that thread, some of us started to see the gamesharing as a bussiness (I used to resell PSN codes bought on Amazon), etc. And life continued... until a week ago when I was contacted for a member of that forum asking about a resell of DarkSiders 2 we bought on February 2013, At that momment I didn't even remember I had that resell, so we started the investigation and we found the one who had the info of the account (it was one of the phantoms who created the account and leaded the group), so we solved the issue and the info was splitted again among the two resellers, the thing is one of the resellers is a member of this forum ([member='Blabadon']) so I thought, "let's try on CAG forums to see how the things work there" Then I found two more members of this community that also are have very good reputation on the forums I came from. Then I gained more confidence about to be active in this site.

As I explained on my first post, I already know how the reputarion works on forums, so I can handle the "be the newcomer nobody knows about" thing. However, I already successsfully sold two phantoms slots to two different members here. And made three groups with another.

Hello everyone,

I know I am pretty new here, but on the spanish forums where I share, I have good reputation.

Anyway, it is woth a try, I am selling a phantom for my personal PLUS account, I have it since Jul 2013 and I will have PLUS service for 17 months, I have downloaded almost every free game of PLUS since then.

I know how the reputation thing works, so I will be selling it to someone who had good reputation on the forums and I can take the money after he/she has downloaded everything they want

He could have just been helpful and searched that username on google, finding the threads or something... :beer:

Still searching for TWD season 1 (complete) timeshare.

I do have that slot, but don't know very well how the timeshare actually works here :)

well, I just checked the spanish forum (actually I think its a Colombian forum), seems they just use the exact same terms we use, not entirely sure what currency it is that they post prices in, but if it is a Colombian peso that would mean for example that a resell of MGS Rising and SoTC its 9 $.

Also, hongducwb its over there, already posting in some of the most broken spanish i have seen in a while. My guess is he is taking his already poor english and running it through an automatic translator. It's a bit of a mess 

And from previous experience in this thread, every time somebody with some reputation goes on a stealing spree, any new member it's just looked upon with suspicion and distrust. It goes away after a while. 

Also, hongducwb its over there, already posting in some of the most broken spanish i have seen in a while. My guess is he is taking his already poor english and running it through an automatic translator. It's a bit of a mess
Como Estas? Me wanto el share por PS cuatro.

@ iwarboY: Yeah, alot of people think that asking questions is in some way disrespectful. A question is normally just an attempt to lose ignorance (often on both sides) and alot of people seem to look down on that. By the way that is not a dig at anyone here on CAG (everyone always answers my excessive questions) it's just something that is easy to notice in real life (religion, human rights, or the color of the sky).

Just how much everyone has been getting questioned lately is pretty funny but the chance that a banned guy would come back under a new name is very real. Besides I remember at least once a new user selling a stolen account was shut down in like 1 post with a quick google search. That's hilarious.

I'm so lucky that the websites that cater to my interests are all mostly in english since my spanish is so lacking.

Oh the drama... Por que hacen el gamesharing thread como si fuera una telenovela.... :) let's all get along and share people

There is no drama. Saying there is is what starts drama. There is also no need to be investigating people until someone gets screwed over.

If newcomers find that they can't get in groups and refuse to put down a full deposit, then don't go on to post and cry about how this forum is unfair to newcomers. Gamesharing is a privilege and you have to earn that privilege through trust. If we trusted everyone that made a post right off the bat, we'd crumble as scammers would clean us out. Also, for old-timers, don't assume everyone knows who you are. Most of us have not been here for years (only a few vets remain, a few lurk and the rest left) and do not recognize names from back in the day. Provide vouches if you can't get in groups as a result of nobody knowing you, and don't give someone shit if they don't know who you are. Nobody is a mind reader.

IMO, feedback on other forums is not valid feedback. That is just my personal stance, though. Our feedback system is not guaranteeing someone is not a scammer. Zaspera or whatever his name was had plenty good feedback and ended up stealing a lot of shares. It's up to you to use your best judgement, and if someone is sketching you out, don't take the risk if you don't want to. I personally think new community members should not be allowed to buy resells until they have at least 5 feedback. You guys might not care about a $2 share, but consider the other holder of the account you're selling, as they might (and might value it more than you do). Doubt we'd get scammers who would be willing to front out money for 5 phantoms to get a shot at scamming one share. Eliminates a lot of the issue we have.

At the end of the day, we all have to collectively run the community. No one person is in charge or has authority over any other. Newbies should not take offense when it seems like everyone is ganging up on them, just as everyone should not gang up on people just based on mere assumption. Wait until there's proof someone has done something wrong to call someone out. I urge everyone just spend more time in the topic and get to know who is who more. The topic doesn't move that fast, just bookmark the topic and update the bookmark as the pages go by. People who show they aren't just here for cheap shares, and instead actually want to talk about playstation and gaming, are the ones I find myself trusting without having to question anything. People who are too lazy to check the feedback sheet or ignore the tips we provide are the ones that end up getting scammed in the end. Put a little effort into following things and you won't have issues.

These are my opinions and do not reflect anyone elses

PS: new additions to the library (among a few others)

- South Park Stick of Truth

- Battlefield Bad Company 2

- GTA IV + DLC

- CoD Black Ops + DLC

- Far Cry 2

- Burnout Paradise + All DLC

PS: new additions to the library (among a few others)

- South Park Stick of Truth

- Battlefield Bad Company 2

- GTA IV + DLC

- CoD Black Ops + DLC

- Far Cry 2

- Burnout Paradise + All DLC
Could you please briefly explain to me how the library thing works? or a direct link for the topic thread. I didn't find it on the OP

I went there but it is for registration, it doesn't say what it is about, I am guessing that is a gs library for lending slots, but I am looking for the thread with the explanation and rules ;)
The "explanation and rules" are in his sig also, not sure what more you are looking for.

The "explanation and rules" are in his sig also, not sure what more you are looking for.
Well, I only see rules for sign in on the lefora site, there is nothing about the rules for the "library" itself, maybe you can please point what it explains about the library rules (how long can you take a slot, how many slots can you have to the same time, etc) besides the rules to enter to it. Maybe it is my bad english, tho

Well, I only see rules for sign in on the lefora site, there is nothing about the rules for the "library" itself, maybe you can please point what it explains about the library rules (how long can you take a slot, how many slots can you have to the same time, etc) besides the rules to enter to it. Maybe it is my bad english, tho
Have you tried to PM him directly?

PM'd you back. There's a reason I only put certain information in my sig regarding the library, one that I won't get into.

It's also not located on CAG, so you won't find any information on here about it. If anyone has questions about it, just PM me. We're over 100 games strong, (pretty much all solid games), currently and growing each month, and prospectful members are always welcome to PM me about gaining entry

If anyone is getting Enemy Front on release and isn't playing it right away I'll rent it.  Looking to play the game on release with a few friends

I dont want to PM random people itt, so ill ask here: Is there a trustworthy person who i can donate an account to? Not much on it, just the three ME3 dlcs and ~2.50$ in credit. I have no use for it, maybe someone has?

I dont want to PM random people itt, so ill ask here: Is there a trustworthy person who i can donate an account to? Not much on it, just the three ME3 dlcs and ~2.50$ in credit. I have no use for it, maybe someone has?
You can always donate it to the library where it can be passed around. I can't let you in based on it, but it will definitely make you look good to the community at large. PM me if interested.

Pretty funny at the smart ass replies and neither of them knew what they were talking about. I don't get why people can't just be helpful instead of showing their ugly side.

Account 1 - $3(Resell)
SF3 Online Edition
GTA IV DLCs (not the standalones) The lost and the damned and The ballad of gay tony
Arcana Heart 3 + DLC
SSFIV AE Update DLC
inFamous and Wipeout HD from Welcome Back.

The Thunder were my only worry this postseason. Spurs in 6. :D/

And please, no Wading next game.

wadeflop.gif

People who show they aren't just here for cheap shares, and instead actually want to talk about playstation and gaming, are the ones I find myself trusting without having to question anything.
Isn't it a little unfair to ask members to fill the thread with off-topic discussions so you can feel more comfortable dealing with them?

In other news- if any regulars wants a Urban Trials Freestyle PS3 resell for free PM me I have one laying around
I recall a member catching heat (heh) for posting about a WWE match shortly after it finished. Why is the WWE off-limits, but the NBA, which I'm going to go ahead and say is viewed by more people, not?

I think maybe it's because if the NBA was like WWE, then Lebron would have had cramps again tonight and the Heat would have lost again? I don't really know because I'm not a wrestling fan, but instead an MMA fan. You do make a valid point

Anyone of you fine gentlemen have a share or timeshare available of the Unfinished Swan? I somehow missed buying it when it was cheap.

This topic is a sub-board of the PS3/PS4 board, discussion about playstation/gaming isn't off-topic. Either way I'm not asking anyone to do anything they're not already doing :p

Also, WWE has predetermined storylines. It's like spoiling a TV-show for somebody. With NBA you're merely ruining the results of the game, not really something that has a story that's been built up. I get the comparison, but you're investing way more into the story behind WWE matches rather than the matches themselves, whereas with other sports you're just spoiling the event. Either way it's spoilers in my book though, no matter what the sport, if it's the same night it happens.

That one guy that ruined taker's streak ending ruined something that was 22 years in the making, although it wasn't intentional. I remember Greg Miller of IGN on twitter spoiled Dean Ambrose losing the US title after over a year of holding it. The one night I wasn't home to watch RAW live. I was pissedddddd

The Thunder were my only worry this postseason. Spurs in 6. :D/

And please, no Wading next game.
Dwyane Wade used to be my favorite player from his Marquette days up to winning his first championship with the Heat. Unfortunately he became Lebronified and started to act like a prima donna and whine about every call. Duncan is a likeable guy so I am definitely rooting for the Spurs. I like Pop too.

Also, Can someone verify that one guy that wants access to my red dead redemption slot
Don't know why nobody wants to vouch for me, I have done lots of gamesharing here.
Started last year and bought first phantom ps3 slot from Boosted and after that done lots of sharing wether it's resell or phantom.

Anyways it's ok I might find someone else.

Dwyane Wade used to be my favorite player from his Marquette days up to winning his first championship with the Heat. Unfortunately he became Lebronified and started to act like a prima donna and whine about every call. Duncan is a likeable guy so I am definitely rooting for the Spurs. I like Pop too.
I hate the heat and the spurs but I hate the Spurs the least so I guess go spurs. I can never hate Duncan but ginobili is a little bitch.

EDIT: Hilarious http://gfycat.com/VerifiableBareAsiansmallclawedotter

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back