CAG PSN Gamesharing #9 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Raid's and gear progression, its a MMO. 

They should just embrace it and start actually adding more MMO elements, PvP is ass(no lobbies, unbalanced) I love the game but atm all its elements besides gameplay is half assed. 

It's not an MMO.
jlaw-okay.gif

Alright, not related to GSing so much, but I am looking for a recommendation here. I want to play a decent horror game soon and have a few I am considering. Tell me what to play, and if you want, why. Not that I will really pay attention to the 'why', but you will probably get some satisfaction from typing it all out.

Lone Survivor - Vita

999 - DS

Corpse Party - PSP

Silent Hill 2 HD - PS3

out of those i'd say silent hill 2. the HD remaster comes with 3 and the enemies in 3 are terrifying. fightin a big ass spaghetti monster in a carnival. had a great time with the bugs in the 360 verison. there was actually a bug that made it so whenever you shot the inf-smg or whatever, if you were in party chat, it would cause the party chat to get laggy. it would only do that whenever i shot the gun, and whenever i stopped it would be fine again. super weird memory leak

lone survivor is a fun lil game, but i wouldn't say it's really all that scary

or get on our ps3 slender group as a phantom, that game is plenty scary. not in the traditional creepy way, but more in the tense feeling like PT gives

@smtipple yes it'll work fine

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so tired of hearing Console Manufacture X is better than Console Manufacture Y. Why would anyone give a shit about something they have no intention on buying? Hitler had the same way of labeling races. Don't start World War III people. Coexist.

Alright, not related to GSing so much, but I am looking for a recommendation here. I want to play a decent horror game soon and have a few I am considering. Tell me what to play, and if you want, why. Not that I will really pay attention to the 'why', but you will probably get some satisfaction from typing it all out.

Lone Survivor - Vita

999 - DS

Corpse Party - PSP

Silent Hill 2 HD - PS3
I'd say either 999 or Corpse Party(one of my favorite psp games). They were great at night with some headphones but Silent Hill is probably the way to go if you want more of a scare factor.

I'm so tired of hearing Console Manufacture X is better than Console Manufacture Y. Why would anyone give a shit about something they have no intention on buying? Hitler had the same way of labeling races. Don't start World War III people. Coexist.
you're in a topic full of hardcore playstation gamers what did you expect lol

jewish people didn't have less powerful RAM than german people that's not a fair argument

I'm not too worried about the scare factor in any of the games, I doubt a game can really disturb me. I care more about the atmosphere.

Lone Survivor - Vita

999 - DS

Corpse Party - PSP

Silent Hill 2 HD - PS3
I've been pretty tempted by the SH2 HD port, but always hear about game-breaking bugs and that turns me off. :(

Of the other three, Lone Survivor is really really short. HLTB shows a main story length of 4 hours. 10 on CP. CP also has the sequel, Book of Shadows. Might want to go with whichever game length you're more interested in.

Edit: 999 is also around 10 hours.

I'm not too worried about the scare factor in any of the games, I doubt a game can really disturb me. I care more about the atmosphere.
go with silent hill then out of that list. i'd still say slender would have you feeling on edge more than silent hill tho

or PT if you haven't played that. watching someone play it and playing it yourself are entirely different, even if you know what's coming. i felt the same way, that a game could never scare me, until i played PT in the dark with headphones on plugged into the controller. no game has made me feel that way besides maybe five nights at freddys

Well 999 is the predessesor for Zero Escape which is pretty much a visual novel and escape the room type puzzle.

Corpse Party is pretty much like a horror anime that bounces between trying to be scary and hilarious. I was a real fan of the dialog and music. Definitely going to pick up the one for the vita once it comes out.

Silent hill 2 was probably my favorite horror game back then but I just couldn't get immersed in it when I replayed it earlier this year.

For Sale:

[PS4] Need for Speed Rivals Phantom - $12

[PS4] Trine 2: Complete Story Phantom - $4

Bioshock + Bioshock 2 + Minerva's Den + Bioshock Infinite + Season Pass Phantom - $6

Dark Souls II Phantom - $6.67

[PS3] Entwined Phantom - $1

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Phantom - $4

Ni no Kuni Phantom - $2

Available for rent:

PS4:

Bound by Flame - $1/week

Entwined -$0.25/week

Killzone Shadow Fall + Season Pass - $1/week

Rayman Legends - $1/week

Thief - $1/week

Transistor - $0.50/week

PS3:

Dishonored + all trophy DLC - $0.50/week

Far Cry 3 - $0.25/week

Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Free (regulars only)

Injustice: Ultimate Edition - Free (regulars only)

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII + Cloud DLC + Japanese VO DLC - $0.50/week

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance + all trophy DLC - $0.50/week

South Park: The Stick of Truth - $0.50/week

The Last of Us + Season Pass - $0.50/week

Currently be rented:

PS4:

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag + Season Pass

Child of Light [UK]

Destiny

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition

Infamous First Light

Metro Redux

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

Sniper Elite 3

The Last of Us Remastered

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

Watch Dogs

Wolfenstein: TNO

PS4 Timeshares available:

Battlefield 4

Last of Us Remastered

Lego Marvel

Injustice Ultimate Edition

PM for pricing!

Lone Survivor - Vita

999 - DS

Corpse Party - PSP

Silent Hill 2 HD - PS3
Out of just these? No real reccomendation as I havent played them. But Outlast, if you havent played it.

Man I really want to play the Silent Hill HD remakes now. Are they on psn?
Oddly enough, not really. The page is there for the HD collection, but there's no option to add to cart even though it says PSN game.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/silent-hill-collection/cid=UP0101-BLUS30810_00-SILENTHILLCOLLEC

The page for it shows nothing about the game, too. very odd.

This addresses some of the patch info about the games, but the guy's recommendation is still to play the originals instead as there are issues that remain: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Silent-Hill-Series/Is-Silent-Hill-HD-Collection-worth-getting-as-of-now/m-p/40087755#M377

Based on the terrible reviews of the HD collection, I don't think I'd ever want to pick it up. It's disappointing because I've been interested for ages but never had a PS2.

Lone Survivor - Vita

999 - DS

Corpse Party - PSP

Silent Hill 2 HD - PS3
999 isn't really scary it's just a good story.

CP is easily the scariest game I've ever played. The sound design is incredible.

reviews are just other people's opinions of the game. form your own if you're curious. you should just try it out, they're cheap games.

I tried out Silent Hill 2 and 3 hd on ps3 and i didnt see any problems with it. Also, Silent HIll 4 is on the jap psn store. Its in english though, its a ps2 classic.

Lone Survivor - Vita
999 - DS
Corpse Party - PSP
Silent Hill 2 HD - PS3
Like a few others have said Corpse Party. One of my favorite psp games.

Hoping the Vita version gets localized or will need to brush up on some Japapnese for it. Still wish the PC game got released over here as well. It looked awesome

HYE! SPOILERS!

Murdered SS PS4 - $18

Phantom - $7

- Pantsu

Resell - $11 split 4 ways between me and 3 other library members - 2.75/ea. once were all done passing it around, it will be donated into the library. Game is fairly short for platinum.

1. Pravado
2. Emoney244
3. bigwig_rah
4. deidara

Also, metro 2033 redux will be available in the library real, real soon. keep your eyes peeled..
I'll help with the last spot if it hasn't been filled yet.

[quote name="Pravado" post="12105801" timestamp="1411090975"]Destiny is a beautiful game with fantastic gameplay. It's downfall is that after 10-15 hours you have already done everything content-wise and everything past that is grinding/repeating old levels with stronger enemies. Its multiplayer is unbalanced and kind of wack, and the grinding aspect is not fun. Who wants to play 50 strike missions just to get one gun?

My main complaint is that while it's an MMO and over time they will expand the game in terms of levels and such, there wasn't enough content from the get-go. I didn't even realize the story was over until I went back to my map and saw no new levels. The story was impossible to follow and lackluster, and fairly short.

I'd also go so far to say that even though it's an MMO, it doesn't feel like one. Everyone's always doing their own shit. If it was like 6-12 people fighting one boss at a time instead of 3 that'd be another story. The game could have benefitted from 6-8 person strike missions with increased enemy/boss health/damage

If I was basing it on pure gameplay/graphics, it'd be an 88/100. If I'm factoring in replayability, it gets bumped to a 75/100, at least for what's out right now.[/quote]

Raids actually are very different than strike missions.

999 isn't really scary it's just a good story.
Maybe not scary but damn the music and sound and being text only really created a great atmosphere.

Dat knife ending. It was the first ending I got and it really caught me off guard.

Probably the scariest game I've played was the original Clock Tower. Even though it's a Super Famicom game it's legitimately tense and scary. Sweet Home is also good.

Only game that made me jump was Silent Hill 2. I was drinking something while walking in the dark fog and this little bastard slithers really fast up from under a car and I spill my drink all over my controller.

[quote name="Bravens" post="12107247" timestamp="1411155402"]For Sale:

NHL15 (PS4) resell $35[/quote]

I'm interested in this.

Is there any chance of a phantom?

bread's done
Back