CAG PSN Gamesharing #9 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

I would never buy a locked slot because me and RoughDawg4 are in a competition for who will have the most trophies by the end of this month. *Sigh* I'm afraid I'm going to hurt his feelings by beating him.

I mean, c'mon. Look at my trophies:

Mayhem___Mind.png

And now look at his:

Roughdawg4.png

Isn't that pathetic? I mean, I'm beating him by a mile.

Raiborg you are missing the point. There is no structure here to manage,trace,or deal with lock slot users. Basically you are justifying the crossbuy situation as a perfect example. My answer to you is If we were to find out how many members still are the original owners of the advance warfare and destiny slots not many ppl can say them. Which lies the problem.
Cross-buy group #1:

PS4 slot: A, D, H, I

PS3 slot #1: B

PS3 slot #2: C, F, G

Using the above as an example, when A sells their slot to D, they should be letting B and C know that D is the new owner. After the deal has finished, B, C and D should be agreeing on a new password. If C sells their slot to F, they should be repeating the previous steps. If you were to message I, B or G, they should be able to tell you who the other owners are. If they can't, it's because some owners in the group couldn't be bothered to send one little message after selling their slot.

I can care less for the pricing all i care about is

1) the security of my account.

2) the avoidance of issues latter down the road. Example: The resident evil issue from he library yes i know it has nothing to do with this but the concept is what im talking about

3)Tracing from person to person not all members will remember to ask if a locked spot is present. And WHY CREATE AN ENVIRONMENT WHERE WE HAVE TO DO THAT NOW??
1) Don't sell the locked slot to someone you don't trust or someone who would sell to a shady member without a second thought.

2) As mentioned above, all the locked user has to do is message the resell when (if) they sell their slot, including the name of the buyer.

As for REmaster, I have already mentioned that iv30shaymin needs to be contacted, as he was the host.

3)They shouldn't have to ask if a locked slot is present: The seller should be disclosing this info before the sale goes through, ideally, in their ad in the thread.

I'm not saying locked slots should be used, but I'm also not saying they shouldn't be used.

It is US as a community and as frequent members of this thread to Collectively say NO we do not want this here.

Thats why in my statement the other day I said if I had the power to I would not allow it. I personally dont but the vast majority of us who dont care for it can say we dont want it in this forum.
Ironically, your lack of faith in the community seems to be why you don't want them used. You're right for thinking that it will cause problems for unorganized members, but why should that prevent responsible members from making use of them?

Whatever other members decide to do is their choice.
That's all I'm saying.

Added to this the whole concept of a locked spot being priced so low was the lack of trophies. The fact that people are willing to pay $10 for a lack of trophies to their profile is what confuses me in the first place.
It's not just a lack of trophies. An internet connection is required and if PSN is unstable, you will be unable to use the slot. Save data is also tied to the locked slot. If by some chance the info is changed, the user is left with nothing.

Raiborg this brings me back to my initial point. Why create the unnecessary stress of your algebra formula for locked spots? What if its a really old account a year from now and the user forgets its a locked spot? Or forgets there is a locked spot in his resell? There is no lack of faith in the community on my part. But a sense of trying to create an environment where we are here to play games and sell them off when we are done effortlessly if we so choose. We are not here to police or babysit a share due to the anomaly of locked spots being passed from hand to hand. The little message to other members u are talking about can turn into a big issue life happens even if you literally check the thread every 20 mins. I have no issue with thread vets doing Locked spots amongst themselves as long as it stays within themselves and doesn't get resold. Especially to noobs. My main issue if u look back was letting new ppl know how it works to prevent it from becoming a norm. This is my opinion but like I said the community needs to decide whether they want it or not.

Edit
Bani Your English is fluent bro I'm jealous what was that app u told me to get btw?

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]For Sale:[/SIZE]

Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 (US version) PS4 phantom/resell make offer

[SIZE=12pt]Murdered: Soul Suspect phantom/ resell (PS4) make offer[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Cars 2 resell (PS3) make offer [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Ben 10 Omniverse resell (PS3) make offer[/SIZE]

Devil May Cry HD Collection phantom (PS3) make offer

[SIZE=12pt]Trine2 (PS3) phantom/resell make offer[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Red Dead Redemption (PS3) resell make offer[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]pm me.[/SIZE]

Looking for:

Fibbage (PS4) timeshare

Arcade Archives games (PS4)

LEGO Batman 3 (PS4) phantom/resell

Madden NFL 15 (PS4) cheap :)

For Sale:
Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 (US version) PS4 phantom/resell make offer
Murdered: Soul Suspect phantom/ resell (PS4) make offer
Cars 2 resell (PS3) make offer
Ben 10 Omniverse resell (PS3) make offer
Devil May Cry HD Collection phantom (PS3) make offer
Trine2 (PS3) phantom/resell make offer
Red Dead Redemption (PS3) resell make offer

pm me.
One post, not two.

Like I've mentioned before (every time this discussion arises) I'm agains the whole locked spot thing, but if anyone wanting to just pay $10 for a locked spot why don't he/she makes a group with two phantoms? Like this:

L-$10
P-$25 (password changed phant)
P-$25

This would save you all a lot of internet anger.

Don't use them then? Isn't it a bit selfish to say they shouldn't be used by others simply because you don't want to deal with them?
When did I say others didn't have the right to make horrid decisions?!? I didn't, you lumped me in with someone else's statement.

I don't use locked slots and don't intend to either, but who am I to say whether others should use them?
then why exactly are you repeatedly justifying/promoting crapped spots then?

Edit
Bani Your English is fluent bro I'm jealous what was that app u told me to get btw?
Duolingo was the app's name. Yeah I sounded like Brad Pitt... but in this role

21361-brad-pitt-dya-like-dags-gif-P0pe.gif

Also I sent you a message earlier but if you are going to buy DB XV put me on your timeshare list.

I love that Rai keeps using cross buys as an example.  I have only ever had 2 accounts stolen, one of the first ones I was in, and a cross buy account.  In some ways I am happy that PS4 only has one resell spot because I don't have to worry about it getting stolen. 

[youtube]http://youtu.be/FV-u5tvQC34[/youtube]

C2xkH.png

A little something to lighten the mood this morning. And with that said I'm sitll looking for a timeshare.

Selling a phantom of Guilty Gear Xrd PS3 ver. w/ Elphelt Valentine & Leo Whitefang DLC HK PSN for $20. PM me, if you're interested. This is the PS3 version.

A little something to lighten the mood this morning. And with that said I'm sitll looking for a timeshare.
At this point I'm pretty certain you'll have to be put on a waiting list from one of the 2-3 people that will be timesharing it. Look through the last several pages and you should see who will have it. :)

South Park: The Stick of Truth    $15+ (3.6GB)

$5
1.rpg
2.menewbe

$2.50
1.Rolandino1

2.derkasan

Selling:

PS4

---InFamous second son Phantom $10

(includes:Cole's Legacy,Cole's Jacket,EXIST,JOS,Penny Arcade,iam8bit) 21.80GB SOLD

---The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Phantom $7 (includes: electro proof suit) 8.87GB

---The Last of Us Phantom $7 40.6GB  SOLD

PS3

The last of us Phantom $4 27GB

Resident Evil Revelations Phantom $3.50 11.3GB

What is the community consensus on selling phantoms in this situation? 

I have quite a few ps3 resells that can be phantomed, but they are co-owned with another user here. Should we be in contact with one another in selling off phantoms? Or is it just a 'whoever does it, does it' kind of thing?

I ask this because I notice someone selling phantoms of accounts that I own a resell to without communicating with me at all. I would AT LEAST hope he tells me if/when he changes the password.

@raiborg (and p much everyone else should read this wall of text as well)

He's merely saying that offering locked slots promotes practices that should not be allowed because it's a situation where a cheapskate preys on the poor to get a game for a significant discount. Naturally that's going to tick people off that play by the rules.

All parties in the group benefit at the time (one far more than the other two), but any future resell owner isn't seeing any benefit for the past/current risk on that account due to a locked spot. A future purchaser of that resell slot doesn't fully own the account they paid for. And if the new owner changes the pass (as all ps4 resell owners should when they buy a resell due to one active slot) then the locked spot bitches they lost access to something they paid for and demand payment. And when you refuse payment, nobody knows how to handle the situation. Do we screw over the guy who properly paid for the locked slot, or do we screw over the guy who just paid for a slot that he didn’t know had a locked slot attached and expected full control of the acct? If we demand the buyer of the resell be refunded for misinformation and the seller truly didn’t know, how do we punish them if they refuse to refund? Simple answer is that we can’t, so why bother allowing something we can’t enforce once problems arise?

You're forced to accept the risk without getting any discount bc of said risk, potentially on any ps4 resell you attempt to purchase, so long as we allow locked spots. The inital group is getting a game cheaper at the expense of future buyers of that resell. Total bs considering we continue to exist based on the ability to resell past games. It's incredibly hard to sell accts with locked slots on them, so I assume most ppl would just lie about it and feign ignorance since they can’t be punished after the fact and they already have the buyers money. If you do this, you’re a cheap shithead and you should feel bad.

Here's another great example of why we shouldn't allow them. Raiborg, you always seem to have new releases to timeshare (how? we never see you join groups? but i digress..) You could easily just be using locked spots yourself and then renting out the resell slot. You would still get to play the game using the locked spot while other people play on the resell slot and pay off your expenses. That's gaming the system in a really shitty way. If you're doing $2.50/wk rentals, within a month you would have paid what a phantom did for that share, still played the game during that month, and can further timeshare it/sell it outright on top of continuing to play it on either the resell or locked slots. There's no incentive to buy a phantom in this regard if we allow locked slots. Just shell out $10 more and you’ll benefit far more. If you take away the incentive for phantoms, less and less groups get filled and people stop coming here as a result. You have more people repeatedly asking for resells outside of groups and the topic becomes unbrowsable.

Also, why else would you buy a game on day one and not play it and then rent it out on day one for so cheap that it would take months to make your money back? If you truly were doing it to benefit the community those games would be in the library rented out for free. You refuse to give a solid answer to this anytime it's brought up. QD is exempt from this bc I can see that he's not playing the games he's renting out since he's on my FL. His rates are also more than double. I don’t exactly know his motivations either, but I can say for sure they’re not sketchy. Now while you could be telling the truth, there's no proof in front of us since nobody knows your PSN because you operate from the shadows. My point is If it's hard for me to trust a thread vet with stuff like this, imagine how hard it is to trust semi-regulars or newbs

Took me an hour to type out and edit. Hopefully someone agrees with it. There's plenty of reasons why locked spots should be forbidden.

I have quite a few ps3 resells that can be phantomed, but they are co-owned with another user here. Should we be in contact with one another in selling off phantoms? Or is it just a 'whoever does it, does it' kind of thing?

I ask this because I notice someone selling phantoms of accounts that I own a resell to without communicating with me at all. I would AT LEAST hope he tells me if/when he changes the password.
You need the other owner's permission to sell phantoms. The ideal case is you both sell off phantoms at the same time.

If the other resell is selling regular phantoms without your permission or knowledge, it's likely theft. I'll PM you.

A wall of text even a colossal titan couldn't get over
I can't speak for QD but I can say for myself the reason I have games for rent right away is because my backlog is stupid long and I know I won't play it on day 1. And if anyone doubts I know I have a few of you (maybe even Prav?) on my friends list.

I'll respond to the rest of your post later, but for now:

Raiborg, you always seem to have new releases to timeshare (how? we never see you join groups? but i digress..)
Ohhhhhhh shit, we have a winner :whee:

I've been holding the contest for a few months now. I was beginning to think no one would ever win it.

I am about to send you your prize, but one thing:

You refuse to give a solid answer to this anytime it's brought up.
I don't recall it ever being brought up. If someone other than you did it bring it up, let me know so I can send them the credit instead.

Convince wpress how awesome the collectibles would be in his trophy room and u may have yourself a group.
the figures like amiibos are somewhat well made so I'm tempted to get it, but do you need the "base" to put the figures right? I suppose it's sold separately?

Please don’t send a bomb to my inbox

Also please don't mistake my claims of "there's a potential for this to be true about someone" to be "I'm saying this is factually true" - I merely meant that anything is possible. In no way do I believe in guilty until proven innocent. do i think raiborg is doing what i mentioned? As mysterious as he is sometimes, probably not. (However I do strongly desire to know why people would timeshare games that cheap on day one instead of just waiting to buy them, just curious as to the logic). i merely said that shady situation is a possibility that people should be aware of since we were discussing locked spots potentially becoming a welcomed "thing". I could have used anyone as an example, raiborg was just the one taking the opposing position so it was the example I used.

And don't confuse basic timesharing with what I mentioned above, they are not one in the same. In one case you're legit renting out a game and not playing it, which is how it would work if you were doing it physically. In the other case you're manipulating the system to pay less/profit while retaining rights to play the game. I can tolerate someone wanting to get their game cheaper and timesharing it out to do so. What I can't tolerate is someone wanting to get their game cheaper and still feel entitled to play the game during the time they're renting it out.

And some people probably just think “who cares if that guy is renting out a game and playing it himself it doesn’t affect me” - You’re entitled to your opinion, I have no qualms with this perspective, but when that day comes when you buy a resell and find out someone else is linked to that acct, you're gonna be pissed and a situation’s gonna arise, and I'm gonna refer you back to this post.

Again, if you *really* need that extra $5 you’d get from a locked spot, just friggin timeshare the game

bread's done
Back