CAG PSN Gamesharing #9 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

It's the only community I'm part of but if it gets shut down it gets shut down. Only share I have left is Hardline and if I get stuck with it I get stuck with it, no big deal...

An overwhelming majority of the conversations and trading here goes well and smoothly. It would be unreasonable and unfair to shut the whole thing down and punish everyone, because of one issue or a couple of people.

Last edited by a moderator:
For Sale

Driveclub (Phantom) $10 Buy at your own risk

Motogp14 and MXGP in one account (Resell) $45

Bloodborne (Resell) $33 Pending

Bloodborne (Phantom) $10 Buy at your own risk

For Rent

Motogp14 and MXGP $2/week

Shadow Of Mordor $1/week

Driveclub $1/week

"OK, so gamesharing is the single biggest cause of headaches for mods regarding trading, even after we stated it was at your own risk. I've gotten approval from CheapyD to shut it down completely because of issues stemming from it.

I'm going to institute a 'one-strike' policy, instead of shutting down right now. If any mods hear of issues arising from gamesharing, thread will be closed and new rule will be added to trading rules banning it across the board."
What are you on about! What's this post suppose to mean? It would help if there were some sort of context for this out of the blue post. There hasn't been any complaining or drama for a decent while now and I can't see why you would bring this up now when everything seems pretty calm and stable. Aside from all the disappearing phantoms I don't see what would cause any headaches for the mods.

Also I recall bringing this up a while ago but I recall you saying it that I was misinterpreting the mods post. Too bad I can't find Rai's post...seems to have disappeared.

If this thread does in fact get shut down, I will open a new subforum in the library for people to list resells for sale/timeshares. Most of you trustworthy people are in there already anyway. Registration is still open but we are only accepting somewhat recent PS4 games as entry donations going forward.

Soon I will also be splitting up the PS3 and PS4 sections, so only PS4 donators get access to PS4 games. However, all members will have access to PS3 games. When this change takes place, I will do an audit and require all PS4 donators (not ps3) to relinquish their donated share’s account info to ensure that it belongs to the library. I will be looking for a trusted second-in-command volunteer to help with managing these shares. If in the future you decide you want your share back, the pass will be changed back and returned to you, but without a game in there you will lose access to the library. You *may* rent your own games out if nobody is in line. Those of you who have donated towards funding certain games in the past will remain as members with access to the PS4 library if you have nothing else donated. The reason I am doing this is because it’s become apparent that people are finding loopholes in the system to remain members when they should not be, I won’t go into more detail than that. Given that phantoms are kaput and demand has now become tenfold higher for something like this, this change seems reasonable. I have ideas brewing on how to get us more games in there as well. My goal is not to make life harder for people, it’s to ensure that things remain in-check and running smoothly (and properly).

Also, please nobody let Raiborg into their off-site private gameshare groups, regardless of what he offers. He absolutely does not deserve to get games cheap ever again. Helping get rid of one or two scammers does not justify his actions in the past. Borrowing games out of the library to lend to him, or listing his shares in there for him, will result in a swift IP ban

Well everyone, my luck has run out. I was trying to power through my phantoms, starting with Alien ISO. I was just playing, got booted to XMB and when I tried to restart, it was locked, followed by all my other phantoms.

So. I need an Alien ISO rental.

Also: the headache thing is a joke. I've had FAR less issues with sharing with this community than I have in another forum where access is gated. People turn this into what they want it to be. If you're here trying to be a business man and turn a profit, you're going to have headaches. If you're here trying to play games and be a part of the community....I imagine those headaches are very, very few and far between.

Looking for a slot of Black Ops 1 (phantom)?. Probably the last game that I get here if the sub-forum indeed get shut down.

Also Pravado I support your idea about splitting the PS3 and PS4 section on the library. Just saying.

I recommend we just ignore it and carry on as normal. It's the same style of passive aggressive fear mongering he has been doing here for the past 6+ months.

Can someone recommend me a good US games site that ships internationally? Retails ps4 games are pretty steep at £50 a pop, looking to buy a physical copy of MK X

On top of a rental for Alien Isolation ps4, I'm also looking for cheap PS3 shares. I just lost a good chunk of money I had invested in my Phantoms so I'm looking for budget here!

I've been thinking about what could be causing the disappearing phantoms. To me, it doesn't seem very likely that Sony is doing this intentionally. If they were, they'd probably come out and say it. They've been transparent in the past and grandfathered in old sharing schemes (like when they reduced the number of licenses and phantoms were born). I think it has to be an unintentional thing. And after thinking about it for awhile, I have narrowed down the list of suspects to: suspend/resume, Spotify, or rest mode.

And I think the most likely cause is the new spotify integration. Why? It seems like the disappearing phantom syndrome started around the time that spotify came out. Spotify works in a pretty strange way, it requires you to suspend your game just to boot it up and then runs simultaneously with your application. While you play your game Spotify also presumably checks your subscriptions to see if you have premium to determine ad content, etc.

I still have all of my phantoms intact and I have used suspend and resume several times as well as rest mode. I've used spotify maybe 2-3 times but mostly didn't touch it because I prefer to be immersed (I was playing bloodborne at the time). I think if we're going to figure this out we need to collect some data. So I'm going to make a little questionaire for people to respond to.

{ Survey }

How many phantom accounts do you/did you have?

How many of those accounts have been locked?

If you've had an account locked, what was the date you discovered this?

Do you use Spotify for PS4 often?

Do you use rest mode often?

Do you use suspend and resume often?

Do you play on a lot of different profiles?

Do you have PSN+?

How many phantom accounts do you/did you have? 4

How many of those accounts have been locked? 0

If you've had an account locked, what was the date you discovered this? N/A

Do you use Spotify for PS4 often? No

Do you use rest mode often? No

Do you use suspend and resume often? No

Do you play on a lot of different profiles? No

Do you have PSN+? Yes

How many phantom accounts do you/did you have? 8

How many of those accounts have been locked? 8

If you've had an account locked, what was the date you discovered this? Today

Do you use Spotify for PS4 often? No

Do you use rest mode often? Yes

Do you use suspend and resume often? Yes

Do you have PSN+? Yes
I still won't think this was done purposefully by Sony until I see them confirm that they're doing it. But to be honest, it's not any of those things. I did things frequently that others have pinpointed as possible causes and had access to my Phantoms much longer than most.

Well everyone, my luck has run out. I was trying to power through my phantoms, starting with Alien ISO. I was just playing, got booted to XMB and when I tried to restart, it was locked, followed by all my other phantoms.

So. I need an Alien ISO rental.

Also: the headache thing is a joke. I've had FAR less issues with sharing with this community than I have in another forum where access is gated. People turn this into what they want it to be. If you're here trying to be a business man and turn a profit, you're going to have headaches. If you're here trying to play games and be a part of the community....I imagine those headaches are very, very few and far between.
That is scary as hell. Looks like it's just me and iwarboy left.

JUST THE TWO OF US WE CAN MAKE IT IF WE TRY (maybe.. probably not)

How many phantom accounts do you/did you have? 1

How many of those accounts have been locked? 0

If you've had an account locked, what was the date you discovered this? N'A

Do you use Spotify for PS4 often? Constantly, and so does the resell holder

Do you use rest mode often? Frequently

Do you use suspend and resume often? Frequently

Do you have PSN+? Yes

It's worth noting that the resell slot hasn't logged in the acct whatsoever. I'm still of the belief that logging into the resell acct or switching primary PS4s after creating the phantom slot could be the problem.

Guys, you just have to ignore the Raiborg post. I promise you his plan is to get people to respond to it, so that way he can report those posts to the mods and make it seem like something is happening here, that isn't. Just ignore it, don't talk about it, don't try to start crap with him, just move on or else we're all falling for the trap.

Sony would not come out and mention this at all. No company would, that just draws attention to the whole process. In the past they didn’t bring it up when they made the switch from 5 to 2 slots, but this is hardly the same thing. This is people using a loophole to get an extra share out of an account, which is technically stealing. The switch from 5 to 2 slots was made bc they saw people were using all 5 slots… WHO HAS FIVE PS3’S? It was obvious something needed to be done in that case, just as it is in this case.

It has nothing to do with rest mode/suspend/resume. Many people have posted that they didn’t use this feature and it still happened. Hell it even happened to people mid-game. I personally was always shutting off my PS4 entirely once I heard about it. It has nothing to do with Spotify either, one app’s license being created wouldn’t affect another’s, but even then I have not touched spotify and I lost my phantoms.

You can theorize all you want but people getting phantoms deactivated mid-game proves that it’s not a software issue from some kind of setting that someone has set up a certain way. If that was the case, and it was based on settings, more people would have lost them initially. People losing phantoms without changing settings also proves this.

This is what we call a ‘ban wave” in other formats – a company will have IP addresses logged for accts and can easily remotely deactivate them. Microsoft bans for license transfer abuse, not impossible for Sony to see what PS4 the phantom acct was locked into and remotely deactivate it on their end. Even if you’re offline and then sign online, if they have that acct marked to deactivate from a certain IP, it will do it as soon as you sign online. Let’s be thankful they’re not going after our main accounts / killing the resell slots by banning the accts altogether. Traditional gamesharing may be dead but selling resells are not and neither is timesharing. We will be around for a while.

Sony would not come out and mention this at all. No company would, that just draws attention to the whole process. In the past they didn’t bring it up when they made the switch from 5 to 2 slots, but this is hardly the same thing. This is people using a loophole to get an extra share out of an account, which is technically stealing. The switch from 5 to 2 slots was made bc they saw people were using all 5 slots… WHO HAS FIVE PS3’S? It was obvious something needed to be done in that case, just as it is in this case.

It has nothing to do with rest mode/suspend/resume. Many people have posted that they didn’t use this feature and it still happened. Hell it even happened to people mid-game. I personally was always shutting off my PS4 entirely once I heard about it. It has nothing to do with Spotify either, one app’s license being created wouldn’t affect another’s, but even then I have not touched spotify and I lost my phantoms.

You can theorize all you want but people getting phantoms deactivated mid-game proves that it’s not a software issue from some kind of setting that someone has set up a certain way. If that was the case, and it was based on settings, more people would have lost them initially. People losing phantoms without changing settings also proves this.

This is what we call a ‘ban wave” in other formats – a company will have IP addresses logged for accts and can easily remotely deactivate them. Microsoft bans for license transfer abuse, not impossible for Sony to see what PS4 the phantom acct was locked into and remotely deactivate it on their end. Even if you’re offline and then sign online, if they have that acct marked to deactivate from a certain IP, it will do it as soon as you sign online. Let’s be thankful they’re not going after our main accounts / killing the resell slots by banning the accts altogether. Traditional gamesharing may be dead but selling resells are not and neither is timesharing. We will be around for a while.
Nailed it.

They just fixed their glitch. If you deactivate a licence from a system remotely because it is broken, stolen, sold, etc. Then that system will eventually check if its licences are still valid and it will disable those who are not. As simple as that.

They just fixed their glitch. If you deactivate a licence from a system remotely because it is broken, stolen, sold, etc. Then that system will eventually check if its licences are still valid and it will disable those who are not. As simple as that.
Yeah it seems like every PS4 is set to randomly check all licenses periodically. :(

I still think there's gonna be a market for cheap Phantoms. Especially shorter experiences that can be completed in a week or so. Just take it offline, plow through and whatever happens after that is whatever.

It's going to be interesting to see how all this plays out over the next few months.

Still looking for a rental of Alien for PS4. Lost my share in the middle of chapter 16. Just need to finish a few chapters and then do my speedrun. Won't need it too long.

Still looking for a rental of Alien for PS4. Lost my share in the middle of chapter 16. Just need to finish a few chapters and then do my speedrun. Won't need it too long.
i would lend it to you but I'm scared to get locked my only phantom :( (I'm offline since the update)

Can anyone do a solid and hook me up with Phantom GTAV on the PS3?

Selling PS3 GS

• YGO: Millenium Duel & Monopoly Plus $6 Paypal (Phantom)
  • Old PSN Account worth of games $5 Paypal (Resell, 2 slots)
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike

Little Big Planet 1

Borderlands 1

Acceleration of SURGI X Edition

Destrega (PS1)

InFamous 1

Tomb Raider UnderWorld

Scott Pilgrim Vs the World w/ DLC

Pac-MAN Champion Edition DX+

Sonic Adventure W/ DX upgrade

Resident Evil 2 (PS1)

Wolfenstein 3D

2Xtreme (PS1)

Castlevania: SotN (PS1)

I still think there's gonna be a market for cheap Phantoms. Especially shorter experiences that can be completed in a week or so. Just take it offline, plow through and whatever happens after that is whatever.

It's going to be interesting to see how all this plays out over the next few months.
Absolutely. Some niche titles are probably too low interest for the timeshare guys to bother with and assuming they don't have online components, I'd still buy phantoms and just do it all offline.

So if this Sony closing the loophole, wouldn't the PS3 phantoms be affected? I mean why leave one platform alone yet shut the door on another. Couldn't be that hard to program the PS3 to phone home right? I dunno. We will see after the next firmware.

Cue Aces High - Iron Maiden

So if this Sony closing the loophole, wouldn't the PS3 phantoms be affected? I mean why leave one platform alone yet shut the door on another. Couldn't be that hard to program the PS3 to phone home right? I dunno. We will see after the next firmware.
Don't think they would bother. The PS4 is set up differently with how it's licensing system works and how it's designed to be online all the time. I believe they would basically have to change how it worked on the PS3 to accomplish the same thing, which at this point in the PS3's life cycle probably isn't worth the time or dev hours.

bread's done
Back