CAG PSN Gamesharing #9 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Yeah thats because i had a brainfart. See, on my side nearly everyone has a router/modem combination. I almost completely forgot the times where i had a modem for the connection and a router/switch to connect all my PCs/consoles to the internet.

Apologies.
It's all good. For some reason, I can never trust those router/modem combination things. Sounds like a nightmare when it comes to troubleshooting! If my connection goes down, I think I'm gonna have a harder time figuring out what layer the problem is at lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there if a one strike policy then why post something like this that could potentially be the cause? It's like you are trying so hard to destroy this community.
The quoted message was made by a mod in a PM. It could be said that you guys weren't aware of the situation. Now you are.

Regarding IP's

The vast majority of people in America have dynamic IP's as well, just like everywhere else in the world.  However because if the way IP works, you will typically have the same IP for a rather long time, even after a forced modem restart.  I am surprised to hear that in Germany you are getting a new IP after 24 hours, as this process takes a little more work to implement, and can lead to some other problems.  I could bore people with the details if you want.

All that being said, if IP's play any part in this, it would be a simple matter of downloading phantoms via a VPN and then everything would be happy after the reset.  I think that there is more to it than that though.

That's just ip addressing in network before translation.

Your public ip address remains the same and doesn't change (as easily) - I think resetting the modem instead of the router will do that.
Mine change each and every time I restart/reconnect the router. Even a minute later I can change it again after another restart. I know about networking stuff related to my ip address since it dynamic, so there's no doubt about that.

You can check your public ip just by a google search "what is my ip" or on websites such as ipburger.com

Selling Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor PS4 Resell - 13$ - Sold!

Buying Bloodborne PS4 Resell - Paying 35$!

Timeshare. PS4
THIS Week (PM me to be added to the queue)

Mortal Kombat X (PM me to be added to the queue) $5

.....................................................................................................................

Next Week

......................................................................................................................
Last Week (PM To be added to the queue)
Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin $3

Bastion $2

.......................................................................................................................
Assassin's Creed Unity $2

Axiom Verge $1.50
Battlefield 4 + Premium $1.50
Battlefield Hardline $3

Borderlands (Handsome Jack Collection) $3

Bloodborne $3
COD Advanced Warfare + season pass $2
COD Ghosts $1.50
Chariot $1
Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round $1.50
DMC Definitive Edition $2
Dragon Age Inquisition $2
Dragon Ball Xenoverse $3
Driveclub $2
DivekIck $1.50
Dying Light $2
Dynasty Warriors 8: Extreme $2
Helldivers $1
Hotline Miami 2 $1
Evolve $2
Farcry 4 $2
Fifa 15 $2
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD $3
Game of thrones ep 1 +2+3  $0.50 a day
GTA V $2
Grim Fandango $1
Guilty Gear xrd sign $2
Last of Us Remastered $1.50
Lego Marvel Heroes $1
Life is strange ep 1+2  $0.50 a day
Little Big planet 3 $2
Lords of the Fallen $2
Metal Gear Ground Zeroes $1.50

Metal Slug 3 $1.50

MLB 15 The Show $3
Mercenary Kings $1
NBA2K15 $2
NFS Rivals $1.50
PVZ Garden Warfare $1
Resident Evil Remastered $1.50
Resident Evil Revalations Season Pass $1.50 a week
Saints Row Re Elected + Gat out of Hell $2.50
Saints Row :Gat out of Hell $1.50
Samurai Warriors 4 $2
Shadow Of Mordor + season pass $2
Sleeping Dogs Def Edition $2
Styx Master Of Shadows $1
Super Stardust Ultra PS4 $1
Tales from the borderlands ep 1+2 $0.50 a day
The Crew $2
The Evil Within + season pass $2
The Order $3
The Wolf among Us $1.50
Transformers Rise Of the Dark Spark $1
Wolfenstein:The New Order $1.50
Walking Dead season 2 $1.50
Walking Dead season 1 $1.50
Warriors Orochi Ultimate 3 $2
White Night $1
WWE 2K15 $2
Zombie Army Trilogy $2
Watch Dogs $1.50

Any new victims of getting their phantoms locked?

I went ahead and just pre ordered MKX on disc and will try getting my PS4 connected to the network to see what happens tomorrow. **fingers crossed**

I haven't been in this thread for a few weeks and am just now reading about the phantoms...I haven't played much PS4 lately but is there anything I can do to prevent them from being locked?

I'm willing to admit that I'm not exactly a trustworthy source as I'm a relatively new account with no gamesharing experience, but my (only) phantom is still accessible. The person holding the resell account hasn't logged into the account at all since the update, and doesn't plan to. Because of this, I lean towards the idea that, maybe, logging into the resell side, in some way, may lock the phantom.

I had a total of 3 phantoms. GTA V and COD AW were locked but resident evil is still kicking. Both locked at the same time but resident evil. I feel like no one really know what's going on and it's just speculation right now. I think the lock will stop with the next firmware update but we will see.

I lost my only two phantoms back when this first started. I do have four accounts, however, that I used to give a friend phantoms of games I was buying, and those are all still active for him. None of the accounts have been touched since we both installed the games.

I had a total of 3 phantoms. GTA V and COD AW were locked but resident evil is still kicking. Both locked at the same time but resident evil. I feel like no one really know what's going on and it's just speculation right now. I think the lock will stop with the next firmware update but we will see.
This is something interesting. I had 8 phantoms all lock at the exact same time. Interesting to see some lock but not all.

I lost my only two phantoms back when this first started. I do have four accounts, however, that I used to give a friend phantoms of games I was buying, and those are all still active for him. None of the accounts have been touched since we both installed the games.
Interesting that both me and your friend have active phantoms and the resell has not been touched. On the phantoms you lost, has the resell been touched post patch?

Interesting that both me and your friend have active phantoms and the resell has not been touched. On the phantoms you lost, has the resell been touched post patch?
One of them definitely had, the other I can't say for certain as I don't recall who I bought it from.

It has nothing to do with the resell being logged into. I never logged in on my phantom demo account and obviously nobody else did either and one of them locked. The other one is still going strong however and that wasn't logged into either 

My brother finally lost his phantoms, he sent me a text. I explained what was going on as soon as it started, so he knew it was coming

I'd say he had 4-5 games.

Also:

Selling 2x $20 PSN - $18 Paypal each, PM me

As a last attemp on speculation..

For those that got some phantoms (but not all of them) locked, did any of the remaining phantoms locked eventually, or are they still working?

Usually, for what I have seen, phantoms tend to lock all at the same time, which makes us believe that once a system "makes the license check" it searches all the account , so the most strange cases are those that don't get them all locked, and might mean those phantom have some condition that prevent them to get locked.... that is only in the case they are still working xD

For those of you that are wondering why you have some phantoms that aren't locked, but your others are:

Chances are these aren't true phantoms. They're probably resell slots that have had the password changed, and the owner was planning to phantom when the next reset comes up.

This has nothing to do with two people logging into the same account at the same time, we've gone over this. People have had all their phantoms lost at the same time. I had 3 that were lost...my PS4 was on, they were fine, I restarted it and they were all locked. The odds of every resell owner logging into these accounts in that 10 seconds I had my PS4 off are astronomical.

This isn't Sony manually banning people, or a ban wave, or else it wouldn't still be happening. Companies don't do a two week ban wave, it happens usually in a couple days, and then it's over until the next one. Also, there's absolutely no way Sony is going to shift resources to have people assigned to just checking for phantom accounts. Do you know the costs that would be associated? They'd be losing more money doing that than they are from ebay sales. 

This has everything to do with the 2.50 update, we just don't know what. I could be intentional, it could be a glitch, the bottom line is: WE DONT KNOW. Every theory has been thrown out, tested, and debunked by someone. 

Please, I just beg you all...before you start saying you're sure of the cause behind this, take a few minutes to go back in the thread to make sure it hasn't been brought up.

For those of us thinking this is a glitch, all we can do is wait until the next firmware update to see if the issue is still happening. 

For those of you that are wondering why you have some phantoms that aren't locked, but your others are:

Chances are these aren't true phantoms. They're probably resell slots that have had the password changed, and the owner was planning to phantom when the next reset comes up.
i got two phantoms not locked yet , will ask the account owners about it to make sure of that .

This has nothing to do with two people logging into the same account at the same time, we've gone over this. People have had all their phantoms lost at the same time. I had 3 that were lost...my PS4 was on, they were fine, I restarted it and they were all locked. The odds of every resell owner logging into these accounts in that 10 seconds I had my PS4 off are astronomical.

This isn't Sony manually banning people, or a ban wave, or else it wouldn't still be happening. Companies don't do a two week ban wave, it happens usually in a couple days, and then it's over until the next one. Also, there's absolutely no way Sony is going to shift resources to have people assigned to just checking for phantom accounts. Do you know the costs that would be associated? They'd be losing more money doing that than they are from ebay sales.

This has everything to do with the 2.50 update, we just don't know what. I could be intentional, it could be a glitch, the bottom line is: WE DONT KNOW. Every theory has been thrown out, tested, and debunked by someone.

Please, I just beg you all...before you start saying you're sure of the cause behind this, take a few minutes to go back in the thread to make sure it hasn't been brought up.

For those of us thinking this is a glitch, all we can do is wait until the next firmware update to see if the issue is still happening.
Someone give this man a hot dog. Absolutely agree with everything said.

bread's done
Back