CAG PSN Gamesharing - Find/Create a Gameshare Group & Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='rickshankshaw']Hey. I'm looking to join a group in order to save some money. Anyone looking to add someone? I just completed a Flower/Noby Noby Boy split payment with DarthPuma and a Burnout/SFHD & Echochrome trade with Ecmazza. I'm sure both will back me up.

BEWARE of Donkey Lips. He has no posts but sent me a PM. I asked him for his information on AIM and sucker straight up vanished. Not saying he is a crook but BEWARE.[/QUOTE]

True, I can vouch for rickshankshaw. Great communication, smooth share/trade. Just left him positive iTrader feedback actually.

[quote name='rickshankshaw']Clear something up for me guys. It's activations per profile and not activations per game right?[/quote]

Correct.

Im looking for a share on these games, ill pay with paypal:
WipeoutHD us$5.00
Prince of Persia HD us$2.50
Street Fighter 2 HD us$3.75
Lemmings us$1.50
Echo chrome us$2.50
the last guy us$2.50
magic ball us$2.50
Blast Factor us$2.50
linger in shadows us$1.00
mahjong tales us$2.50

PM me please :)

Okay, so total NOOB at this, but...

I'd love to start a group for the following games:

Echochrome
Everyday Shooter
Flow
The Last Guy
LocoRoco Cocoreccho
Mega Man 9
Puzzle Quest
Soldner-X
Wipeout HD

and in case any of the PS1 titles are game-shareable,

Castlevania Chronicles
Castlevania: SOTN (you can never have too many copies amirite?)
R-Types
Wild Arms

Question for those who've been doing the Gamesharing for awhile.
1. Say you're a Member of a Group & download your 1 share of the 5 available, then for some reason you need to delete it (the game not the whole user acct)
2. Can you download it again, if so will still only count as your 1 share
3. Of course this is all done on Exact same User (user/email/psswd etc) on the Same Machine

Example:
Mr. X dnld's Flower but later erases...
then about a month later gets bigger hard drive, can he re-dnld it again and not interfere with the other members who may not have gotten 1 share?

Thanks to those who respond

[quote name='Romis']Question for those who've been doing the Gamesharing for awhile.
1. Say you're a Member of a Group & download your 1 share of the 5 available, then for some reason you need to delete it (the game not the whole user acct)
3. Of course this is all done on Exact same User (user/email/psswd etc) on the Same Machine

Example:
then about a month later gets bigger hard drive, can he re-dnld it again and not interfere with the other members who may not have gotten 1 share?

Thanks to those who respond[/quote]

It's not a download limit, it's an activation limit. All 5 members of that group can delete and download all day long just for kicks without locking each other out.

As long as the members each have their PS3's activated on the group account you'll be fine.

[quote name='LFLFM']hey punkmaggit, how about we start one for wipeout, echochrome and last guy?[/quote]

[quote name='LFLFM']yeh tell u what, we can throw soldner-x in there as well...[/quote]

[quote name='Sharp Katana']punkmaggit i'd be interested in making a group for Soldner-X[/quote]

Okay, so we've got 3 for Soldner-X, and two for wipeout, echochrome and last guy. Have any of you guys done this before?

[quote name='Romis']Question for those who've been doing the Gamesharing for awhile.

Example:

Thanks to those who respond[/QUOTE]
Last time I did this, we shared a whole account; so all members downloaded every game in the account; now heres my question, are activations per account or per game?
ex.
a friend of mine bought 2 games in his account, one that I want, one that I dont... he gave me his account info so I can download the one i want, but I wont do it if it will lock a share on the other game as well... cos it will be a waste of his money, he isnt asking me to pay for the game i dont want...

[quote name='LFLFM']Last time I did this, we shared a whole account; so all members downloaded every game in the account; now heres my question, are activations per account or per game?
[/quote]

It's per account. doesn't matter if you download one game or everything in his DL list, still takes the same slot.

[quote name='Dammenion']It's per account. doesn't matter if you download one game or everything in his DL list, still takes the same slot.[/quote]

I think I understand but just to make sure, if a group made 1 PSN account and we all downloaded from that account (using the same email & pw) we could DL that game an infinite amount of times? Or is it 1 slot per ps3 machine? I'm a noob to this.

Anyone interested in a long-term group? I'm already in one other w/ evergoo, suko, and Mr. Beef but they don't want to get some games I'm interested in or they already got them via other means, specifically Burnout Paradise, Wipeout HD, Super Stardust HD, Soldner-X, Bionic Commando, Mirror's Edge DLC, possibly Saint's Row 2 DLC once that's released. PM me.

Alternatively, if any of you have any of those and would let me log onto your existing account to download them, I can paypal you money

Update: Dammenion has expressed interest, so that's 2 people thus far; also updated the game list of my wants

Last edited by a moderator:
If I already have some games that I've downloaded (by myself only), could I put them up on here for gameshare? Sort of like trading? Also, if I gave someone my info (email & pass), I'd better delete the credit card info attached to my account, correct?

If that's the case, then I've got these games:

Flower
Noby Noby Boy
PixelJunk Monsters + Encore
PixelJunk Monsters (soundtrack)
PixelJunk Eden
Suikoden (PSOne)
Super Stardust HD

and would like paypal, or to trade for some of the ones I have listed several posts up:

Echochrome
Everyday Shooter
Flow
The Last Guy (low want)
LocoRoco Cocoreccho
Mega Man 9 :whee:
Puzzle Quest (low want)
Soldner-X
Wipeout HD (low want)

[quote name='punkmaggit']Okay, so we've got 3 for Soldner-X, and two for wipeout, echochrome and last guy. Have any of you guys done this before?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind pitching in for Soldner-X either.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Okay, so we've got 3 for Soldner-X, and two for wipeout, echochrome and last guy. Have any of you guys done this before?[/QUOTE]
I'm up for Wipeout and Soldner-X

btw, as an aside, if we did a long-term group (given the limited number of accounts you do for gamesharing), what my other group does is that we don't make everyone buy every game that is purchased. So for example, if there's a game that only 3 people want out of the 5 in the group, then those 3 people split the cost and obviously the other two people aren't supposed to download the game

i wouldnt mind sending the money either...
but... shouldnt we get at least a couple more games? I dont really wanna "waste" a user with a single game... specially a single us$10 game...

Here's the list that Im interested in; along with their PSN full prices and price/5: (full prices rounded up from the xx.99 price)
Soldner-X full price: us$10 price/5: $2
WipeoutHD full price: us$20 price/5: $4
Pixeljunk Monsters full price: us$10 price/5: $2
Pixeljunk Racers full price: us$7 price/5: $1.4
Prince of Persia HD full price: us$10 price/5: $2
Lemmings full price: us$6 price/5: $1.2
Echo chrome full price: us$10 price/5: $2
the last guy full price: us$10 price/5: $2
Blast Factor full price: us$10 price/5: $2
linger in shadows full price: us$3 price/5: $0.6
mahjong tales full price: us$10 price/5: $2
magic ball full price: us$10 price/5: $2
Total: full price: us$116 price/5: $23.2

[quote name='jamezuva']I'm up for Wipeout and Soldner-X

btw, as an aside, if we did a long-term group (given the limited number of accounts you do for gamesharing), what my other group does is that we don't make everyone buy every game that is purchased. So for example, if there's a game that only 3 people want out of the 5 in the group, then those 3 people split the cost and obviously the other two people aren't supposed to download the game[/QUOTE]

Yeh we could do that; of course there isnt much point in asking people not to download stuff they weren't in on, because their PS3 is already taking up a share of every game in the account (shares are per account, not per game)
I think the main point in that is; for example:
say 2 members dont want something crap like the bowling game; but 3 members do... and they agree on paying a third of the price for it - its better to pay slightly more and let 2 members get a freebie (one that they dont really want anyway) than going through forums looking for groups to be formed - at the risk of getting scammed...

I'd be interested in purchasing

SFII Turbo HD Remix
Pixel Junk Monsters

in addition to soldner-x

if you guys are still interested i could create the group. But I agree we should probably buy more than 1 game since it's kind of a waste to create a user for a single game. If we could get at least 2 games at $20 I could probably grab a PSN card. Send me a PM or reply here.

Here's a repost of my wants in better format

PSN games:
Burnout Paradise
Wipeout HD
Super Stardust HD
Soldner-X
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Pixeljunk Monsters
Pixeljunk Eden
Magic Ball

Disc Add-ons:
Mirror's Edge
Mega Man 9
LittleBigPlanet
Saint's Row 2 (when available)

[quote name='LFLFM']Yeh we could do that; of course there isnt much point in asking people not to download stuff they weren't in on, because their PS3 is already taking up a share of every game in the account (shares are per account, not per game)
I think the main point in that is; for example:
say 2 members dont want something crap like the bowling game; but 3 members do... and they agree on paying a third of the price for it - its better to pay slightly more and let 2 members get a freebie (one that they dont really want anyway) than going through forums looking for groups to be formed - at the risk of getting scammed...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you essentially echoed what I said. The 2 people, for example, who don't want a particular game won't pay anything and would technically have access to downloading it, but per an honor system, they shouldn't be downloading it since they didn't pony up the dough. Although, I guess, we could also all agree that anybody can download whichever games they want whether they paid some money or not but I could see that potentially becoming a bad situation where one or two members of the group lie about their desire for a game that's being discussed for purchase but end up getting the game for free in the end.

[quote name='jamezuva']Although, I guess, we could also all agree that anybody can download whichever games they want whether they paid some money or not but I could see that potentially becoming a bad situation where one or two members of the group lie about their desire for a game that's being discussed for purchase but end up getting the game for free in the end.[/quote]

I was thinking about that as well. Especially if it's a long term group.

Anyway I'm going to wait until Monday before purchasing a PSN card if I can get 1 or 2 more people to chip in I can set up the account and everything.

So far its:

1. Sharp Katana
2. LFLFM

[quote name='Sharp Katana']I was thinking about that as well. Especially if it's a long term group.

Anyway I'm going to wait until Monday before purchasing a PSN card if I can get 1 or 2 more people to chip in I can set up the account and everything.

So far its:

1. Sharp Katana
2. LFLFM[/QUOTE]
Count me in too even if it's a short-term group though I'd still prefer long-term

ok great;
1. Sharp Katana
2. LFLFM
3. jamezuva

Voted games:
3 votes:
Soldner-x - us$10 (/3 = 3.34)
pixeljunk monsters -us$10 (/3 = 3.34)

2 votes:
Wipeout HD us$20 (/2 = 10 ; /3 = 6.67)
Magic Ball us$10 (/2 = 5 ; 3 = 3.34)

Others (1 vote):

Sharp katana:
SFII Turbo HD Remix

LFLFM:
Pixeljunk Racers
Prince of Persia HD
Lemmings
Echo chrome
the last guy
Blast Factor
linger in shadows
mahjong tales

jamezuva:
Burnout Paradise
Super Stardust HD
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Pixeljunk Eden

Disc Add-ons:
Mirror's Edge
Mega Man 9
LittleBigPlanet

Hey guys I wouldn't mind joining up with you three.

I'm specifically looking for SSF2HDR, future stuff like Bomberman, FatPrincess and LBP content (not costumes unless they are really good).

If enough people want something I don't mind spending the few dollars to join in the purchase such as with Soldner-X though many of the old psn games I do not really have any interest in.

2 other people have expressed interest: punkmaggit and humanremains2 so I think they should get dibs on whether they want to join the group though humanremains2 only expressed interest in Soldner-X thus far based on his post whereas punkmaggit seems more interested from my viewpoint in a longer-term group. I definitely think punkmaggit would make a great addition. I think if humanremains2 only wants Soldner-X, we should offer the last spot to someone more interested in long-term buying which the1brock seems interested in to an extent.

Here's some additions to my list of wants:

Games:
Bomberman

Add-ons:
Street Fighter IV

[quote name='jamezuva']2 other people have expressed interest: punkmaggit and humanremains2 so I think they should get dibs on whether they want to join the group though humanremains2 only expressed interest in Soldner-X thus far based on his post whereas punkmaggit seems more interested from my viewpoint in a longer-term group. I definitely think punkmaggit would make a great addition. I think if humanremains2 only wants Soldner-X, we should offer the last spot to someone more interested in long-term buying which the1brock seems interested in to an extent.

Here's some additions to my list of wants:

Games:
Bomberman

Add-ons:
Street Fighter IV[/quote]

I agree if humanremains2 is only interested in purchasing one game, a short term group would probably suit him best. I'm going to send both humainremains2 and punkmaggit a PM in case they missed this thread.

And I'm also interested in
SFIV add-ons
Fat princess

Below is the updated list of CAGs in the (long term) group and the games each member is interested in purchasing. I'll keep the prices updated once I check the PSN store. If we can get another member in I'll have the account setup by Tuesday. Lastly, if I missed something let me know and I'll update the post. Thanks!

Members:
1. Sharp Katana
2. LFLFM
3. jamezuva

4. punkmaggit
5. the1brock

Voted games:

5 votes:
Soldner-x - US $10 (/5 = 2.00) WAITING FOR PAYMENTS

4 votes:

3 votes:
Pixeljunk monsters - ($10)
Wipeout HD - ($20)
The Last guy - ($10)

2 votes:
Magic Ball US - ($10)

SFIV add-on - ($4)
SS2HDR - ($15)
Fat Princess
- (TBA)
Echo chrome - ($10)
Super Stardust HD - ($10)
Bionic Commando Rearmed
- ($10)
Bomber man - (TBA)
Little Big Planet add-ons - (varies)

----------------------------------------------------
Others (1 vote):

Sharp Katana:
Tekken 5 DR bundle

LFLFM:
Pixeljunk Racers
Prince of Persia HD
Lemmings
Blast Factor
linger in shadows
mahjong tales

jamezuva:
Burnout Paradise
Pixeljunk Eden

Add-ons:
Mirror's Edge

punkmaggit:
Everyday Shooter
Flow
LocoRoco Cocoreccho
Puzzle Quest (low want)

the1brock:
and of course future games and content for games I purchase (eventually might own SF4, I am hoping for Fallout 3 content one day if its shareable, and GTA4 stuff when it becomes available for PS3)

Sharp, could you delete "Mega Man 9" (got it via my other group) and add "Street Fighter IV" (which you want as well) to your compilation list. Thanks. Also, do any of you guys have AIM? I'm Wahoo 0023 (those are zeroes before the '23')

btw, once we finalize our group, we can have discussions at the following to simplify communication:

http://caggamesharing.aforumfree.com/forum.htm

Hey CAG, its been a while and I hope this is the correct thread.

Is anybody willing to share the lumines supernova DLC?

I'm only really interested in the free holiday pack that they ganked from psn, but if you are generous enough to share the other one, that would be great too.

All I have purchased on my psn account is lumines, so I don't really have anything to offer. But any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. thanks.

I'd like to share some games with a friend, but I'm still not entirely clear on how this works.

Would the following work?:

1. I purchase a game using my main master account.
2. I create a dummy master account on the same PS3.
3. I share the dummy account login with my friend.
4. My friend logs in with my dummy account.
5. Can my friend then download the game using the dummy account, or does he have to use the same login that was used to purchase the game?

Basically, I want to know if I really have to change my password and delete my credit card info every time I want to share a game, or if my friend and I can just share a dummy account that doesn't have any vital information.

[quote name='Buccho']I'd like to share some games with a friend, but I'm still not entirely clear on how this works.

Would the following work?:

1. I purchase a game using my main master account.
2. I create a dummy master account on the same PS3.
3. I share the dummy account login with my friend.
4. My friend logs in with my dummy account.
5. Can my friend then download the game using the dummy account, or does he have to use the same login that was used to purchase the game?

Basically, I want to know if I really have to change my password and delete my credit card info every time I want to share a game, or if my friend and I can just share a dummy account that doesn't have any vital information.[/quote]
You would have to purchase the game on the dummy account for that to work, otherwise this would be an endless chain of freebies lol.

what i have:

SSHD + all add ons
lbp loco roco costume pack
lbp street fighter costume pack(all 4 street fighter costumes)
toy home
toy home expansion

what i want:

all warhawk expansions/boosters(their only 9.99 for the whole pack and so nows the time to get them)

thats all i want and you get all my stuff. please, please if you have the warhawk boosters and want my stuff then please PM me, i really need the boosters

[quote name='Sharp Katana']Below is the updated list of CAGs in the (long term) group and the games each member is interested in purchasing. I'll keep the prices updated once I check the PSN store. If we can get another member in I'll have the account setup by Tuesday. Lastly, if I missed something let me know and I'll update the post. Thanks!

Members:
1. Sharp Katana
2. LFLFM
3. jamezuva

4. punkmaggit
5. the1brock

Voted games:

4 votes:
Soldner-x - US $10 (/4 = 2.50)

3 votes:
Pixeljunk monsters - US $10 (/3 = 3.34)
Wipeout HD - US $20 (/3 = 6.67)

2 votes:
Magic Ball US $10 (/2 = $5)

SFIV add-on
The Last guy

Others (1 vote):

Sharp Katana:
SFII Turbo HD Remix
Fat princess

LFLFM:
Pixeljunk Racers
Prince of Persia HD
Lemmings
Echo chrome
the last guy
Blast Factor
linger in shadows
mahjong tales

jamezuva:
Burnout Paradise
Super Stardust HD
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Pixeljunk Eden
Bomberman

Add-ons:
Mirror's Edge
LittleBigPlanet

punkmaggit:
Echochrome
Everyday Shooter
Flow
The Last Guy (low want)
LocoRoco Cocoreccho
Puzzle Quest (low want)[/QUOTE]

Is everybody confirmed?
I have a friend who wants in... if someone's not confirmed, make a slot for him, he wants long term and is willing to get many games; his nick is trunkszk.

btw I have MSN on [email protected]

[quote name='LFLFM']Is everybody confirmed?
I have a friend who wants in... if someone's not confirmed, make a slot for him, he wants long term and is willing to get many games; his nick is trunkszk.

btw I have MSN on [email protected][/QUOTE]
I'm confirmed.

LFLFM at this point it looks like everyone has confirmed their interest in joining the group. I went ahead and visited the game sharing forum but for some reason I couldn't create my own group so I PM'd one of the users. Once that gets setup I'll notify you guys.

Wants:
SSF2HDR!!!
FatPrincess
Bomberman
LBP Content (not so much costumes)
and of course future games and content for games I purchase (eventually might own SF4, I am hoping for Fallout 3 content one day if its shareable, and GTA4 stuff when it becomes available for PS3)

Willing to put in on:
Soldner-X
Last Guy (if its at least 3 of us buying)
Bionic Commando Rearmed (if its at least 3 of us buying)
Super Stardust HD (if its at least 3 of us buying)

NEW UPDATE: I also wouldn't mind buying a share of Wipeout if another person from our group buys a share of SSF2HDR.

Im looking to join or start 2 groups. ! group for Buzz TV DLC and one for Guitar Hero World Tour. Please send me a pm if you are interested.

Once again guys what I Have.

Burnout Paradise
Penny Arcade - Precipice of Darkness
Penny Arcade - Precipice of Darkness Volume 2
Street Fighter Alpha
Suikoden
Wild Aarms
Cuboid
Mega Man 9
Bionic Commando

Let me know if anyone wants to work something out.

Yet another update...I have some good news. Our group has unanimously voted for Soldner-X. So I will need payment from each member (preferably though paypal).

Also I updated the prices for games with 2 or more votes. The prices have been rounded up to the nearest US dollar.

Sorry for cluttering up the thread, but until I hear back from the mods over at CAG Share forums you guys can check out the original post here for updates.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5571688&postcount=3354

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back