CAG PSN Gamesharing - Find/Create a Gameshare Group & Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Xenthor']After being scammed tonight and having my account stolen for a brief period of time, I think "gamesharing" the old fashion way where one person goes while the other waits, doesn't truly work out. No worries, got my account back. :)

Anywho, Well hey there guys, im looking for a long term group. Now, I have no rep here in CAG since I'm new, so I want to build up rep, some of you may know me from Blackcats-Games/360Patches. I'm looking for a long term group who is interested in various games, I have MSN if that helps at all? Regardless, I'd love to join a gamesharing group who has similar interests.

I'm interested in:

Siren: Bloodcurse (1-12)
Tekken DR: Online
Killzone 2 Map Pack
Pixeljunk Eden
Pixeljunk Monsters
The Last Guy
Noby Noby Boy
Bomberman Ultra

I would potentially trade, but I'm almost scared now, but here's what I do have..
- Flower (1 Slot taken up by a DIP#$@ scammer)
- FlOw
- Everyday Shooter
- SuperStarDust HD (Trophy Support)
- Calling All Cars
- Mortal Kombat 2

Anywho, hit me up, my account is e20sm0ke, and PLEASE say that your from here (with your username), otherwise I will refuse any friend request regarding gamesharing..

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Did this scammer go by the name of L'il Alfred or Swag Doll? I was told he's a scammer. He isn't even a CAG. I almost let this guy have access to my PSN account.

[quote name='lustyhitter']Did this scammer go by the name of L'il Alfred or Swag Doll? I was told he's a scammer. He isn't even a CAG. I almost let this guy have access to my PSN account.[/QUOTE]
Nope, I asked him from what forum he came from and he said that he was from Afterdawn and gave me a few usernames whom he had traded with and even said "ask them so you can see im no scammer", but I thought, nah, it's cool, thats good enough.

Well, apparently NOT though. I ran a serious risk on that one. He took one game, so it's whatever, at least I managed to change my password before he managed to gain full control, take all my games, then trade them with other people. Phew...

He had two accounts, except he deleted both from my friendslist and I forgot what his legit accout name was. His fake one was Karnage356 though, but it was a bs account that was Level 1, hence why I asked him to prove to me that he wasn't some bs scammer by showing me his actual account with all the games.

[quote name='Xenthor'] He took one game, so it's whatever, at least I managed to change my password before he managed to gain full control, take all my games, then trade them with other people. Phew...
[/QUOTE]how do you know he only took one??? just saying. when you share you have access to the entire download history list. And you can't tell what has been downloaded numerous times. Just saying if he's a scammer he most likely downloaded as much as he could before you cut him off. Doesn't really matter I guess. If you changed the password, obviously he can't get in again. But still shitty that one of your users is now taken. Sorry for the burn bro. Thankfully that has yet to happen to me.

[quote name='shadowkast']how do you know he only took one??? just saying. when you share you have access to the entire download history list. And you can't tell what has been downloaded numerous times. Just saying if he's a scammer he most likely downloaded as much as he could before you cut him off. Doesn't really matter I guess. If you changed the password, obviously he can't get in again. But still shitty that one of your users is now taken. Sorry for the burn bro. Thankfully that has yet to happen to me.[/QUOTE]
For two reasons,

1) I have a long download history of game demos, etc etc. He'd have to scroll down everything to look for it the other games. The only game that was on the very top as my last download was Flower, so thats all he could get his hands on.

When my PS3 froze, I gave him enough time, about a minute, to just simply take one game.

2) He even told me, in a kinda "haha, I got Flower so who cares!" kind of tone that he had downloaded one game.

See, I wasn't giving him a chance to even get on my account, cause once I discovered he was a scammer, I went and logged back to my account, kicked him out, and we played this kicking each other from signing on game for awhile, until I managed to change my password.

I think for $9.99 I learned a HUGE lesson, and it was a terrible mistake from my part too, because I should have verified on the forums who he actually was before I had just simply gone ahead and done the trade. Definitely lesson learned though, I'm going to be extra careful now. :p

Alright, I'm fairly new to this, but I'd like to get a group together for Fighters and others of the like, and some not of the like. Let me know if there are any matchups with any of you.

FOR SURE DL's

SF II HD Remix ($15)
Marvel VS Capcom 2 ($15 I believe)(When it's released, of course)
Tekken 5 Online ($30) Anyone know if this has anyone online ever?

Very Desireds..
The Last Guy ($10)
3 on 3 NHL Arcade ($10)
Flower ($10)

Ideally, I'd find 4 others who would want all of these games, which would be $18 + Paypal fees each. I'd definately be open to more games too. If anyone is interested, PM me.

Members so far:
1) stewie75
2) itz209
3) MoX
4)
5)

[quote name='Xenthor']For two reasons,

1) I have a long download history of game demos, etc etc. He'd have to scroll down everything to look for it the other games. The only game that was on the very top as my last download was Flower, so thats all he could get his hands on.

When my PS3 froze, I gave him enough time, about a minute, to just simply take one game.

2) He even told me, in a kinda "haha, I got Flower so who cares!" kind of tone that he had downloaded one game.

See, I wasn't giving him a chance to even get on my account, cause once I discovered he was a scammer, I went and logged back to my account, kicked him out, and we played this kicking each other from signing on game for awhile, until I managed to change my password.

I think for $9.99 I learned a HUGE lesson, and it was a terrible mistake from my part too, because I should have verified on the forums who he actually was before I had just simply gone ahead and done the trade. Definitely lesson learned though, I'm going to be extra careful now. :p[/QUOTE]

it actually doesn't matter how many he took. when you gameshare, it's per user account. it doesn't matter as to what games they download or do not download.

[quote name='bigdsinferno']it actually doesn't matter how many he took. when you gameshare, it's per user account. it doesn't matter as to what games they download or do not download.[/QUOTE]
Oh damn, seriously? So basically downloading one game ties that activates that user to basically all my games and not just that one game?

Looking for a long term group for trophy based psn titles. If i had to start the group i could. We would try to get every psn trophy based game available past, present and future. It wouldnt only be limited to trophy based titles we could get some other games if the majority of the group wanted by voting on a title.

[quote name='luke']Looking for a long term group for trophy based psn titles. If i had to start the group i could. We would try to get every psn trophy based game available past, present and future. It wouldnt only be limited to trophy based titles we could get some other games if the majority of the group wanted by voting on a title.[/QUOTE]

awesome luke, because we're looking for this group!

brett2007
Morphine
Serpentor

and now you :) so that leaves one more!

The same rules apply... New games, trophies enabled preferred. No DLCs (it's just too complicated), all other games and add-ons need approval of the majority (3 out of 5).

Again, people think it's a rip off to buy a game he/she already have or don't like, but it's really not that bad... For one, you save enough money to give back a little to the group. For two, the majority of the group is not going to screw you over every time.

To kick off, following games come to mind:

Heavy Weapons
Gunstar
Bomberman

coming up...

Fat Princess
Battlefield 1943
etc...

[quote name='Dammenion']Don't think so. I've tried that before on the log on screen with an existing account and it gave me an error when I changed the user info. Didn't even attempt to log on with the details I put in. Just said didn't match existing account...

You can test it out if you want. The Max is 16 btw, so you were in the ballpark :)[/QUOTE]

Wow, so how many accounts do GameShare people have here? I can see 16 getting maxed out pretty quick. It seems like a lot of people just share 1-2 games at a time. Is there something I am missing here? Do I have to create a new USER for every GameShare?

[quote name='Serpentor']awesome luke, because we're looking for this group!

brett2007
Morphine
Serpentor

The same rules apply... New games, trophies enabled preferred. No DLCs (it's just too complicated), all other games and add-ons need approval of the majority (3 out of 5).

Again, people think it's a rip off to buy a game he/she already have or don't like, but it's really not that bad... For one, you save enough money to give back a little to the group. For two, the majority of the group is not going to screw you over every time.

Heavy Weapons
Gunstar
Bomberman

coming up...

Fat Princess
Battlefield 1943
etc...[/QUOTE]I'd LOVE to join this too, I'm looking for a trophy based gamesharing group, that way I could delete two of my other accounts that some games.

So we have 4, Xenthor, Serpentor, Brett2007 and me. If Luke joins we will have 5, let me know. Kind of busy working nights but we will tie this between today and weekend. Please only join if you are serious about it

[quote name='doubledown']Wow, so how many accounts do GameShare people have here? I can see 16 getting maxed out pretty quick. It seems like a lot of people just share 1-2 games at a time. Is there something I am missing here? Do I have to create a new USER for every GameShare?[/QUOTE]

Yes, for everygame share you have to create a new account, because you will need to sign into the persons account you are sharing with, or sign in with the group account you are in.

That is why it is good to either find one person you share more than one game with, or, find a long term group.

[quote name='doubledown']Wow, so how many accounts do GameShare people have here? I can see 16 getting maxed out pretty quick. It seems like a lot of people just share 1-2 games at a time. Is there something I am missing here? Do I have to create a new USER for every GameShare?[/QUOTE]

Stuff like Burnout or LBP has it's own Gamesharing group, since they get a steady stream of DLC. Only 1 account needed. Another PSN game though (say Flower) would be another account. It's hard to make groups based on PSN games, as they usually don't have a massive amount of priced DLC (most of the stuff is free).

[quote name='Morphine']So we have 4, Xenthor, Serpentor, Brett2007 and me. If Luke joins we will have 5, let me know. Kind of busy working nights but we will tie this between today and weekend. Please only join if you are serious about it[/QUOTE]

That pretty much seal the group i hope!

Long term democratic PSN game sharing group recall:

Morphine
Brett2007
Serpentor
Xenthor
Luke?

Let's give luke some times to reply. If all goes well, purchases will be done by Wednesday. Luke can be the leader, if not, i can manage too.

Morphine, you're still the leader for the Burnout group, don't forget that :D

There's another suspicious character going around here. Be careful as he didn't PM me on CAG but rather on my PSN account.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Serpentor']awesome luke, because we're looking for this group!

brett2007
Morphine
Serpentor

Heavy Weapons
Gunstar
Bomberman

coming up...

Fat Princess
Battlefield 1943
etc...[/QUOTE]

Wow that was fast ha. Good thing i posted. I'm definitely down to join. I only have 4 psn titles so far. I would join a group that gets all psn titles but that could end up being spendy and i'm sure there are some not so great games. I figured i wanted to collect trophies and get some other popular psn titles so this would be the group to join!
[quote name='Morphine']So we have 4, Xenthor, Serpentor, Brett2007 and me. If Luke joins we will have 5, let me know. Kind of busy working nights but we will tie this between today and weekend. Please only join if you are serious about it[/QUOTE]

Now you have 5. If i can join that is :p. I work nights to but that's no prob for me. I check this thread almost daily and am very active on my ps3 so you will see me signed in often.

[quote name='luke']Wow that was fast ha. Good thing i posted. I'm definitely down to join. I only have 4 psn titles so far. I would join a group that gets all psn titles but that could end up being spendy and i'm sure there are some not so great games. I figured i wanted to collect trophies and get some other popular psn titles so this would be the group to join!

Now you have 5. If i can join that is :p. I work nights to but that's no prob for me. I check this thread almost daily and am very active on my ps3 so you will see me signed in often.[/QUOTE]

Invited to social group

[quote name='jman619']I'm interested in the Bomberman one.[/QUOTE]

i am in for bomberman too...how does this work? paypal?

If there's anybody who has Wheel Of Fortune, please PM me as that's the only game I want at this time. I'm happy with what I was able to acquire the last two days. I'm not going to be greedy. I just need a kid's game and Wheel Of Fortune should be easy for a 6 year old to play.

[quote name='zenithyoda']Yes, for everygame share you have to create a new account, because you will need to sign into the persons account you are sharing with, or sign in with the group account you are in.

That is why it is good to either find one person you share more than one game with, or, find a long term group.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm in a LongTerm group currently, but people keep dropping out so they want to keep adding new people and creating a new account. I'm currently at 10 users as in the beginning I was creating accounts for ONE game basically. I have a Bowling one, Pain, Burnout, Echochrome and a few others....stupid me, but I guess my GameShare days could come to an end soon.

[quote name='lustyhitter']There's another suspicious character going around here. Be careful as he didn't PM me on CAG but rather on my PSN account.[/QUOTE]
Really?! was he the guy in the trenchcoat or the guy the guy giving out free candy?!?! (point being...a user name would be nice)

[quote name='doubledown']Yeah, I'm in a LongTerm group currently, but people keep dropping out so they want to keep adding new people and creating a new account. I'm currently at 10 users as in the beginning I was creating accounts for ONE game basically. I have a Bowling one, Pain, Burnout, Echochrome and a few others....stupid me, but I guess my GameShare days could come to an end soon.[/QUOTE]

Sent you a PM regarding PAIN....

[quote name='shadowkast']Really?! was he the guy in the trenchcoat or the guy the guy giving out free candy?!?! (point being...a user name would be nice)[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't know his deal just yet. I'm not going to rush to judgment.

So, it seems the consensus is that the limit is that you can share your account on 5 PS3s. Does that mean only 5 times total? Or can I either somehow revoke a share or can someone delete that user so I can share it with another person instead?

Is anyone interested in a share that includes Pixel Junk Monsters and PJM Encore? PM me.

[quote name='AllahBomber']you have to call sony to deactivate a ps3, but if you do so, any games you shared with that person will become inactive.[/QUOTE]

Hm, so basically you can only "log yourself in on someone else's PS3" 5 times ever?

[quote name='Tu13es']Hm, so basically you can only "log yourself in on someone else's PS3" 5 times ever?[/QUOTE]

4 times, remember your own system count as one of the 5.

No, you can only have 5 total system activated at once. You can deactivate a system and activate another as often as you like, just can't have more then 5 at a time.

Just that deactivating a system requires that the system you want deactivated log onto the account and deactivate it. So you can't 'kick' someone off just ask them to leave and hope they do.

[quote name='Dammenion']4 times, remember your own system count as one of the 5.

No, you can only have 5 total system activated at once. You can deactivate a system and activate another as often as you like, just can't have more then 5 at a time.

Just that deactivating a system requires that the system you want deactivated log onto the account and deactivate it. So you can't 'kick' someone off just ask them to leave and hope they do.[/QUOTE]

Ah, nice! I was hoping I could share accounts with friends and not have to worry about it. Woohoo!

Hey, im new here, Names Brock, just wondering if anyone has Ratchet and clank QFB, Burnout paradise, Wipeout HD or flower. or anything that they recommend, i have never gameshared before and im keen to try this out, please dont take advantage of me and help me out :p

Anyone interested in any of the following i own just PM me or add me as a friend on PSN names "Brockothoko"

- All Saint's Row 2 DLC for BLES - 00373
- Little Big Planet DLC
- COD map packs
- Pixeljunk Eden
- Burn, Zombie, Burn

A couple more but my ps3 isnt turned on right now

Thanks guys.
Brock

[quote name='Brockothoko']Hey, im new here, Names Brock, just wondering if anyone has Ratchet and clank QFB, Burnout paradise, Wipeout HD or flower. or anything that they recommend, i have never gameshared before and im keen to try this out, please dont take advantage of me and help me out :p

Anyone interested in any of the following i own just PM me or add me as a friend on PSN names "Brockothoko"

- All Saint's Row 2 DLC for BLES - 00373
- Little Big Planet DLC
- COD map packs
- Pixeljunk Eden
- Burn, Zombie, Burn

A couple more but my ps3 isnt turned on right now

Thanks guys.
Brock
[/QUOTE]
No offense, but I think a lot of people here would be leery about sharing with you right now, considering your account was only made this month. Try hanging out here for a while, maybe doing a trade or two, and then trying again. I'm not saying that no one is going to gameshare with you, I'm just saying it might be a good idea to build up your reputation here first, especially since this is your first post.

No offense, but I think a lot of people here would be leery about sharing with you right now, considering your account was only made this month. Try hanging out here for a while, maybe doing a trade or two, and then trying again. I'm not saying that no one is going to gameshare with you, I'm just saying it might be a good idea to build up your reputation here first, especially since this is your first post.

Yeah mate, i understand that, i will take me time, it doesn't bother me if i don't trade at all, but yeah if people are interested in trading with me but don't trust the post count fair enough, ill stick around and try get some people to trust me, including you champ :)

Hey Still have 3 more slots in my Rock Band Unplugged DLC group.

1.brewer
2.Mojimbo

Details of the share:
  • This long term group will keep up with the DLC releases for Rock Band Unplugged.
  • Each member will deposit $10. Each Thursday that DLC is released I will Download the new Songs. Once the funds in the PlayStation Wallet drop below $10 each member will deposit $10 again.
  • Can purchase other PSP games and DLC if members agree. Extra money would need to be deposited.
PM me if interested or are looking for more details.

Does anyone think I (or someone else) could make a bad gamesharer list? Where we list the people who cause gameshares to go wrong?

[quote name='naes']Does anyone think I (or someone else) could make a bad gamesharer list? Where we list the people who cause gameshares to go wrong?[/QUOTE]

Couldn't hurt, but I think if someone makes the list there should be some proof to back it up. Like take pictures of the PSN chats or something. Doesn't have to be included in the list for all to see but available if challenged.

My first attempt at gamesharing last year went south due to the other guy not knowing it was per account on the 5 system limit. He thought it was per game so it got nasty till I posted picture.

http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t66/Dammenion/?action=view&current=DSC02195.jpg

Now that I wouldn't call him a scammer at all. Just unaware of how things work so I wont say who it was. But things like that can go bad unintentionally.

I've seen scammer threads turn into a clusterfuck when both parties claim the other is lying and people not knowing who to believe. So I would recommend documenting the trade somehow and pray for the best. If it goes bad at least you have something to prove your side.

But what the hell, just my thoughts.

[quote name='naes']Does anyone think I (or someone else) could make a bad gamesharer list? Where we list the people who cause gameshares to go wrong?[/QUOTE]

Dew it.

Qore Subscription (Includes High Velocity Bowling, Spyro the Dragon & any other freebies!)

An up front paypal payment will be required.

Slots Available: [3/5] ($27.07/$13.53/$9.02/$6.76/$5.41)

1. ohboy10451
2. YodaEXE
3. jtdragon
4. rdogg1026
5. Arcturiang

Final Price: $5.50 w/ 5 members

PM me for more info

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back