CAG PSN Gamesharing - Find/Create a Gameshare Group & Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
We finally got the logistics in order. PMs have been sent :)

[quote name='major morgan']Fat Princess ($14.99)
TMNT Turtles in Time ($9.99)

Slots Available [Full!]
[$25.00/$12.50/$8.33/$6.25/$5.00]*

1]Major Morgan
2]YellowStarS2000
3]Splack
- paid
4]Be3fJerky
- paid
5]AkariK
- paid

YellowstarS2000 couldn't wait the extra day to play Fat Princess so he went ahead and purchased both games. I'm exchanging PM's with him on making him the host now. One of us will PM you guys with login info.[/QUOTE]

Currently own MvC2 with no sharers as of yet. So if anyone wants Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and would like to share me any of the DLC's I want below please PM so I can add you to the 4 available spots I have for MvC2.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Trade for spot in KZ2 DLC or $3/person)
1. ChunkyLover78

Looking to start up:

Killzone 2 Bundled DLC ($2.50/person, if all spots fills)
1. tommyjaix

Fight Night Round 4 Character Unlock DLC ($1/person, if all spot fills)
1. tommyjaix

[quote name='tommyjaix']Currently own MvC2 with no sharers as of yet. So if anyone wants Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and would like to share me any of the DLC's I want below please PM so I can add you to the 4 available spots I have for MvC2.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Trade for spot in KZ2 DLC or $3/person)
1. ChunkyLover78

Looking to start up:

Killzone 2 Bundled DLC ($2.50/person, if all spots fills)
1. tommyjaix

Fight Night Round 4 Character Unlock DLC ($1/person, if all spot fills)
1. tommyjaix
5.[/QUOTE]

I'm in for the KZ2 DLC bundle if it is USA region.

Fat princess, crash commando, wipeout hd, 13 rb songs and KZ 2 map pack

and i guess paypal.

looking for TMNT and FF crystal Defenders Battle tanks and games that have good rating.

if possible looking for multiple game trade

[quote name='starmask2k3']would like to start a movie and tv show one[/QUOTE] I was interested in starting one awhile ago but was under the inpression that it was not possible. If you find out some more info hit me up, see what 'interests' we have in common
[quote name='WiiNet']Can anyone else confirm that TV shows/movies work the same way as game downloads? [/QUOTE]Anyone? I'm pretty sure it's been answered as a "NO" before but for comfrimation.

Also to the new guys, careful how many shares you do. Like someone said, we still got a handful of years of PSN and with only 16 slots, y'all gonna be like "damn, he was right. Why'd waste all these slots for map packs and $2 shares":cool:

I have Spryo(ps1), Marvel vs Capcom 2, and Battlefield 1943. I am looking to trade with someone who is buying Trine... pm or let me know if you are interested

[quote name='YellowStarS2000']We finally got the logistics in order. PMs have been sent :)[/QUOTE]

Yellowstars2000 you just got paiiiid! ;)

Just so everyone else knows, he's legit. He allowed everyone to login and download before I even sent the payment to him. Awesome guy.

Thanks again s2k!

[quote name='blackflag']I want in a Trine group but it isn't US is it? Is it region locked or does it really not matter?[/QUOTE]
I don't know if anything on the PS3 is region-locked, I know for a fact it plays full retail disc games from the UK.

17 pounds (the UK price for Trine) is around $28 U.S.
Expected to be $20 when it is released in U.S. (likely next week).

[quote name='major morgan']Yellowstars2000 you just got paiiiid! ;)

Just so everyone else knows, he's legit. He allowed everyone to login and download before I even sent the payment to him. Awesome guy.

Thanks again s2k![/QUOTE]
:) thanks everyone.

Still looking for someone with Soul Calibur Limited Edition DLC

Haves:
Bomberman ULTRA
Rag-Doll Kung Fu

Wants but not LT:
Fat Princess
BF 1943
Flower
Pain
Anything with trophies!
U2 or MAG keys!

Send a pm if interested!

Hey all, this is one of my first posts on CAG, though I found some great deals on the site around Black Friday last year.

The reason I'm back now is I'm trying to find a way to get Trine. If I had some way of just buying things off of the European store I'd do that in a heartbeat, but I think I need a European credit card of some sort. I've been waiting to try the darn game for a couple months (it was originally announced for last June) and I can't even demo the PC version because I use mostly Macs now and both my PCs are either broken or on their last legs.

Anyway, I'm interested in trading some stuff I can get over here on the US store (PS1 classics, you name it) for access to Trine. Alternativaly I'll paypal you in advance, or something like that. I'm open to suggestions.

I'm finding it hard to wait patiently for the game due to Sony America's total silence on when the game will be coming out (I don't have much faith it's coming out next week in the US, either, at this rate). In my experience frustrating silence usually indicates they've got bad news. Thanks to whoever can help get me to stop thinking about playing this game and start actually playing it.

Alic

Wondering if there's any space in an old group or interest for a new group focused on PSone classics. FF7, RE, SH, etc.

Just to reiterate, I will buy a bunch of PS1 classics or anything else from the US PS store for anyone who can share Trine from the UK store with me. I'll buy more than the cost of Trine -- I'll buy as many as you friggin' want!

Just... get me Trine, please... :(

MGS1, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Suikoden I... They could all be yours!

You don't need a European credit card. It will run you the equivalent of $28 dollars, but there is nothing stopping you from making a European account and getting it.

I'm going to be quite happy if that's true, Banjora.

I'm confused, though. I already have a UK PSN account, but there's no way for me to add my US credit card to it (I've tried, the country is locked in at UK.) How can I pay for the game? Is there some way to use PSN cards to pay for it (I've heard they don't have them in Europe) or maybe if I create another account based in a different country?

Thanks for your help!

I am also dying for Trine, so throw me in with Alic to share if you want an even better deal. And Alic if you do find out how to buy it from the US, i'll pay half

I'll let you know if I figure anything out, Konga.

Still no luck adding credit cards. Thinking about trying a vanilla visa type thing... then if that doesn't work, creating a psn account in another country. Maybe it works different on a country by country basis, and the UK rules are more strict...

[quote name='jlight']Wondering if there's any space in an old group or interest for a new group focused on PSone classics. FF7, RE, SH, etc.[/QUOTE]

I would also be interested in a new psone group.

[quote name='fatboyjam']This is a good point.

Would it work, or has someone had experience with, creating a larger CAG gameshare group (say, 10 members) where you'd buy a game every two-or-so weeks knowing you'll almost always get five users who want to split the cost?

With a long-term share, there will be those games that some don't want, or that they already have on XBLA, or they're just short on cash at the time. But offering the share to more people, the first five who respond to wanting the game can pay/download the game while allowing people to get more mileage out of one user name.[/QUOTE]

The trick is to find people who would stay dedicated to the gameshare for an actual long-term period.

In the PSOne gameshare I'm running, I think it's become accepted with-in the group that there are going to be games that at least one of us owns. In the case of our group, that game happens to be Final Fantasy VII.

However for the betterment of the group, the person who owns FF7 has decided to take a hit on that game and chip in for it anyway. To reciprocate that gesture, since this person wants to pick up Suikoden and Wild Arms, two games that I already own, I'll take the hit on those. It's only $2.40 on my end anyway so whatever.

Either way, anything other than a long-term gameshare just doesn't make any financial sense because down the line, when you do run out of space, and you want another game, what will you do? Even bundles, although more sensible than single game gameshares, will eventually fill out your account space over the next few years. Other than deleting accounts specific to certain games and then adding them back in (and deleting some other account) when you feel like playing that specific game(s), and that would be a really asinine way of handling the issue, long-term accounts are just for the best.

Bah that is right they check the payment address of the credit card against the country of the store now. I think originally that wasn't so, but either way I'm really sorry for giving you the wrong information, I honestly thought I understood it to work differently. It may still be possible to set up a virtual debit card with a euro address and get away with it that way but I'm going to stop talking about things I haven't done personally before.

[quote name='Banjora']Bah that is right they check the payment address of the credit card against the country of the store now. I think originally that wasn't so, but either way I'm really sorry for giving you the wrong information, I honestly thought I understood it to work differently. It may still be possible to set up a virtual debit card with a euro address and get away with it that way but I'm going to stop talking about things I haven't done personally before.[/QUOTE]

The best option is to buy PSN cards from Japan or where you're trying to purchase the other games from.

[quote name='rickshankshaw']The trick is to find people who would stay dedicated to the gameshare for an actual long-term period. [/QUOTE]

I definitely appreciate the advice, and I'd be happy to join or help start a long-term share group for PSone games.

[quote name='rickshankshaw']The trick is to find people who would stay dedicated to the gameshare for an actual long-term period [/QUOTE]

I really appreciate the advice, and I would be happy to join or help form a more long-term group.

Have:

COD: W@W MAP PACK 1
COD: W@W MAP PACK 2
COD: W@W MAP PACK 3
LBP WEREWOLF COSTUME
LBP WIPEOUT MINI PACK
ALL WARHAWK MAP PACKS
SSHD WITH ALL EXPANSIONS
LBP STREET FIGHTER COSTUME PACK
LBP LOCO ROCO COSTUME PACK
TOY HOME WITH EXPANSION

Want:

UNUSED MAG BETA KEY

PM me if you can trade :)

[quote name='rickshankshaw']Can you gameshare beta downloads?[/QUOTE]

Generally no. Things like this have historically had restrictions that they cannot be played on more than one PS3 in a 24-hour span.

I tried it with SOCOM's beta phase, and my roommate downloaded from my account via gamesharing. When he started up the game, I was unable to play for 24hrs. So if they're anything alike, I'd imagine it's not possible to share. (Unless you're just selling the code, rather than sharing the account)

I'm starting a long-term group for PSP games starting with Gran Turismo PSP. If anyone is interested or have any questions, you can contact me on CAG. (Do not PM me on PSN)

Games*:
- Gran Turismo PSP
- Patapon 2
- Jak And Daxter: The Lost Frontier
- Tekken 6
- Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines
- MotorStorm: Artic Edge
- LittleBigPlanet PSP
- Fat Princess PSP
- Dante's Inferno
- Valkyria Chronicles 2

PSP minis*:
-TBA

UMD games that might/will be available to PS Store (?)*:
- God of War: Chains of Olympus
- Final Fantasy: Dissidia
- Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny
- Rock Band: Unplugged + DLCs (?)
- Resistance: Retribution
- Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

Question And Answers

1. Who will be responsible for the setting up the account? I will be responsible for setting up the account from name to purchases.

2. How will we determine what games to buy? The group, us, will take votes on whether or not which game to buy.

3. How do I send payment? I take PayPal Gift to avoid PayPal fees. Non-CC ONLY, please.

4. What's the maximum number of people in this group? There can only be five (5) of us in this group including myself.

5. How much do we have to pay for one game? Each of us will pay 1/5 of the MSRP. (eg. $20 = $4/person)

6. Is it cheaper to buy PSP games on PS Store? Yes, since you only have to pay 1/5 of the MSRP.

Rules

1. DO NOT SHARE INFO WITH OTHERS.

2. Log in and download games with one PS3 sytem, and ONLY one PS3 system. Do not log in on PC's PS Store or PSP's PS Store with the account. If you don't have a PS3, you are NOT
eligible to join this group. In case your PS3 malfunctions or stolen in any way, contact Sony directly to deactivate your PS3 and tell us.

3. When it's time to contribute, you must contribute regardless whether you want the game or not. Our votes will settle what game(s) to buy.

4. You must be a CAG Veteran with 100% iTrader ratings.

(*) - Work in progress.

Group:
1. Tagout

[quote name='tagout']
I'm starting a long-term group for PSP games starting with Gran Turismo PSP. If anyone is interested or have any questions, you can contact me on CAG. (Do not PM me on PSN)

Games*:
- Gran Turismo PSP
- Patapon 2
- Tekken 6
- LittleBigPlanet PSP
- Fat Princess PSP
- Dante's Inferno
- Valkyria Chronicles 2

PSP minis*:
-TBA

Question And Answers

1. Who will be responsible for the setting up the account? I will be responsible for setting up the account from name to purchases.

2. How will we determine what games to buy? The group, us, will take votes on whether or not which game to buy.

3. How do I send payment? I take PayPal Gift to avoid PayPal fees. Non-CC ONLY, please.

4. What's the maximum number of people in this group? There can only be five (5) of us in this group including myself.

5. How much do we have to pay for one game? Each of us will pay 1/5 of the MSRP. (eg. $20 = $4/person)

6. Is it cheaper to buy PSP games on PS Store? Yes, since you only have to pay 1/5 of the MSRP.

Rules

2. Log in and download games with one PS3 sytem, and ONLY one PS3 system. Do not log in on PC's PS Store or PSP's PS Store with the account. If you don't have a PS3, you are NOT
eligible to join this group. In case your PS3 malfunctions or stolen in any way, contact Sony directly to deactivate your PS3 and tell us.

3. When it's time to contribute, you must contribute regardless whether you want the game or not. Our votes will settle what game(s) to buy.

(*) - Work in progress.

Group:
1. Tagout

[/QUOTE]

First if there are already five activated systems, then does it matter if you share the information with anyone else?

Second the fact that you're going to make people contribute regardless is only going to cause resentment.

People will be willing to bite the bullet as long as they can get what they want. '

[quote name='rickshankshaw']

First if there are already five activated systems, then does it matter if you share the information with anyone else?

Second the fact that you're going to make people contribute regardless is only going to cause resentment.

People will be willing to bite the bullet as long as they can get what they want. '

[/QUOTE]

1. It does not matter, BUT I don't want anyone sharing info or logging in with their second PS3 while I'm trying to pass out info to others in my group.

2. Long-term group. Period.

PS3 Long-Term Trophies Game Share

Have a few peeps that are interested in a long term share going of PS3 TROPHY games, and I agree it is the way to go.

Games we will vote on sharing
-----------------------------
Current Releases:
Age of Booty (Strategy, Trophies, $2/ea)
Buzz! Junior: RoboJam (Trivia, Trophies, $1/ea)
Crystal Defenders (SquareEnix Strategy, Trophies, $2/ea)
Fat Princess (hope for 50% game sale when DLC arrives, otherwise $3/ea)
fl0w Bundle (Artsy fish organism game, Trophies, $1.80/ea)
Flower (Interactive Art ~ play as wind, Trophies, $2/ea)
Linger In Shadows (Interactive Art, Trophies, $0.75/ea)
LittleBigPlanet Dynamic Theme (Dynamic Sackboy!, $0.75/ea)

Future Releases to be purchased upon release:
Fat Princess - Fat Pork and other DLC's
PixelJunk Shooter (PixelJunk is allways just amazing, assume $2/ea)
PixelJunk Shooter DLC
PixelJunk any other title they ever release (unless they start to suck, hehe)
Trine (Fantasy Action, Platinum Trophy, assume $4/ea when released to USA)
PSN sale of the week (depending on the title of course)

Question And Answers
--------------------
1. Who will be responsible for the setting up the account?
I will be responsible for setting up the account from name to purchases.

2. How will we determine what games to buy?
I made a list of what I want (above). While I personally strongly push Trophy games, and jump on some PSN sales for that week, it is by no means limited to that. Anyone in the group can let me know a game they want added to the list.
The group (us) will take votes on whether or not which game to buy.
I will keep a list of who wants what.
If 3 of the 5 want it, it is bought as a group. (see next question to cover your fears)
If only two of us want it, the 2 can optionally each pay 50% if they want.

3. But why should I pay for a game if I did not vote for it? WTF?
Yeah, I know. You are actually 100% right!
How often do you think practically speaking you will ever find a group that has all the people agreeing to add a game?
It hardly happens, because usually one person has the game already, or thinks it sucks.
I bet that some of the games I already own will also be voted for by three others, and I will have to pay 1/5 again.
But I am also sure it is worth it to have a solid group, and all new games going forward will not be pre-owned by anyone.
Simply, if you want in this group, you accept that occasionally you won't care for one we add, but chances are MOST you will like.
Heck, you are one of the five voting for the game!
The bright side is: you don’t need to go hunting for a group each time a new game comes out.
Also, you can have a max of 16 account on your PSN, and this share will allow you to stay under that limit.
NOTE: If you are still angry about this, then this is NOT the share for you. Flame me via PM if it makes your ego feel better.

4. How do I send payment?
You have three options (whatever you prefer):
a) Send the exact amount using PayPal, be sure to mark it as "Personal", instead of "Purchase". Also choose "Gift", as this is the only way to avoid PayPal fees. No CC for this option, must be funded with either your paypal balance or bank withdrawal. If this is too complicated, simply choose one of the other options.
b) Send Paypal "Purchase" amount WITH added surcharge. As an example, instead of $10, it would be $10.66 (I will e-mail you the amount each time). This can be funded with CC or whatever (PayPal "Purchase" charge is currently the same regardless of the source of payment.)
c) Send me a unused PSN Card code that will be used to add funds to the account. I will also keep track of how much credit you have left before you need to send another.

5. What's the maximum number of people in this group?
There can only be five (5) of us in this group including myself.

6. How much do we have to pay for one game?
Each of us will pay 1/5 of the MSRP. (example $20 = $4/ea).
The current initial list of titles is just over $65, so just over $13/ea. As we vote and decide to add games, you will be asked to contribute whatever your share is.

Let me know if you are in,
Tiger

[quote name='tagout']I'm starting a long-term group for PSP games starting with Gran Turismo PSP. If anyone is interested or have any questions, you can contact me on CAG. (Do not PM me on PSN)
Games*:
- Gran Turismo PSP
- Patapon 2
- Tekken 6
- LittleBigPlanet PSP
- Fat Princess PSP
- Dante's Inferno
- Valkyria Chronicles 2

PSP minis*:
-TBA

Question And Answers

Rules

(*) - Work in progress.

Group:
1. Tagout
[/QUOTE]

Tagout, I want to say that I am currently interested in that share group. I don't own a PSP but have preordered the Go, so as of Oct 1st I would be able to participate.

I do have a couple of questions, which can be resolved here or via PM, up to you. But you specifically said something about NOT logging in except via PS3. So I guess my question is: Is there a way to back up files like this to a computer without logging in at all? If I'm not mistaken you can back games up via Media Go, but since I'm unfamiliar with the PSP I'm not really aware of some of these features. I do own a PS3 though so it wouldn't disqualify me...

I also wouldn't be interested in Patapon 2--I already have the download voucher for it. (though technically I might be willing/able to share the voucher with the gameshare group if I was in it) Otherwise there are definitely a couple I'm not too interested in, but given the reduced prices I'd consider it.

[quote name='tagout']I'm starting a long-term group for PSP games starting with Gran Turismo PSP. If anyone is interested or have any questions, you can contact me on CAG. (Do not PM me on PSN)

Games*:
- Gran Turismo PSP
- Patapon 2
- Tekken 6
- LittleBigPlanet PSP
- Fat Princess PSP
- Dante's Inferno
- Valkyria Chronicles 2

PSP minis*:
-TBA

Question And Answers

Rules

(*) - Work in progress.

Group:
1. Tagout

[/QUOTE]

I may also be interested in this. However, I am in the same boat as Tux.Bobble as I currently do not own a PSP although I should be getting one within the next week so I'll let you know for sure around then.

[quote name='Tux.Bobble']
I also wouldn't be interested in Patapon 2--I already have the download voucher for it. (though technically I might be willing/able to share the voucher with the gameshare group if I was in it) Otherwise there are definitely a couple I'm not too interested in, but given the reduced prices I'd consider it.[/QUOTE]

There is a simple solution here. Give the voucher to Tagout to download on the host account and have everyone in the group pay you 1/5 of the price. If they can't pay you directly, then they can cover your share on another game of equal value.

OK...so the interest is, perhaps, mounting.

1. jlight
2. RandyTsai
3. Banjora
4. ...
5. ...

Quickly musing, I would say titles such as ff7, wild arms, tomb raider, silent hill, resident evil, metal gear, and both castlevanias would be "game" with others to follow.

[quote name='jlight']OK...so the interest is, perhaps, mounting.

1. jlight
2. RandyTsai
3. Banjora
4. ...
5. ...

Quickly musing, I would say titles such as ff7, wild arms, tomb raider, silent hill, resident evil, metal gear, and both castlevanias would be "game" with others to follow.[/QUOTE]

Suikoden, Crash Bandicoot series, Legacy of Kain, Rayman 2

[quote name='Indignate']There is a simple solution here. Give the voucher to Tagout to download on the host account and have everyone in the group pay you 1/5 of the price. If they can't pay you directly, then they can cover your share on another game of equal value.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's what I was thinking. I just figured that I could get be covered for the first couple of games, depending on price, or something like that. Anyway, I will own a PSP on Oct 1st. Yay release date delivery from Amazon.com!

Though, I still haven't 100% decided on black or white for the PSP Go. I ordered black. Part of me doesn't want the fingerprints. But a bigger part doesn't want a sparkly PSP. Sparkles are worse IMO so I picked the black one, but if I go to a store and see a sparkly white that's not really all that sparkly...I'd consider trading it, haha...

The problem is that no GameStop's have PSP's on display for some damn reason. I've looked at several. They all have: PS3, X360, Wii, DS (multiple DS's actually). None of them have PSPs set up. Maybe it's b/c of the Go being released. Maybe it's cause the store sucks. But it kinda makes me smile that Sony's attempting to cut them out a little by opening up the digital download market, lol.

No one wants to share Trine off Uk, European, or Australian PSN? I'll paypal for it in advance, and reward you with another game of your choice. That's right -- I will pay for everything! Maybe I'm just too new here?

[quote name='Alic']No one wants to share Trine off Uk, European, or Australian PSN? I'll paypal for it in advance, and reward you with another game of your choice. That's right -- I will pay for everything! Maybe I'm just too new here?[/QUOTE]

Be patient. It'll be out in a couple of weeks here.

[quote name='Alic']No one wants to share Trine off Uk, European, or Australian PSN? I'll paypal for it in advance, and reward you with another game of your choice. That's right -- I will pay for everything! Maybe I'm just too new here?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I am surprised there is no european here to share. Oh well, I guess we wait and hope it's out in 5 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back