CAG PSN Gamesharing - Find/Create a Gameshare Group & Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='TigerLust']PS3 Long-Term Trophies Game Share

Have a few peeps that are interested in a long term share going of PS3 TROPHY games, and I agree it is the way to go.

Games we will vote on sharing
-----------------------------
Current Releases:
Age of Booty (Strategy, Trophies, $2/ea)
Buzz! Junior: RoboJam (Trivia, Trophies, $1/ea)
Crystal Defenders (SquareEnix Strategy, Trophies, $2/ea)
Fat Princess (hope for 50% game sale when DLC arrives, otherwise $3/ea)
fl0w Bundle (Artsy fish organism game, Trophies, $1.80/ea)
Flower (Interactive Art ~ play as wind, Trophies, $2/ea)
Linger In Shadows (Interactive Art, Trophies, $0.75/ea)
LittleBigPlanet Dynamic Theme (Dynamic Sackboy!, $0.75/ea)

Future Releases to be purchased upon release:
Fat Princess - Fat Pork and other DLC's
PixelJunk Shooter (PixelJunk is allways just amazing, assume $2/ea)
PixelJunk Shooter DLC
PixelJunk any other title they ever release (unless they start to suck, hehe)
Trine (Fantasy Action, Platinum Trophy, assume $4/ea when released to USA)
PSN sale of the week (depending on the title of course)

Question And Answers
--------------------
1. Who will be responsible for the setting up the account?
I will be responsible for setting up the account from name to purchases.

2. How will we determine what games to buy?
I made a list of what I want (above). While I personally strongly push Trophy games, and jump on some PSN sales for that week, it is by no means limited to that. Anyone in the group can let me know a game they want added to the list.
The group (us) will take votes on whether or not which game to buy.
I will keep a list of who wants what.
If 3 of the 5 want it, it is bought as a group. (see next question to cover your fears)
If only two of us want it, the 2 can optionally each pay 50% if they want.

3. But why should I pay for a game if I did not vote for it? WTF?
Yeah, I know. You are actually 100% right!
How often do you think practically speaking you will ever find a group that has all the people agreeing to add a game?
It hardly happens, because usually one person has the game already, or thinks it sucks.
I bet that some of the games I already own will also be voted for by three others, and I will have to pay 1/5 again.
But I am also sure it is worth it to have a solid group, and all new games going forward will not be pre-owned by anyone.
Simply, if you want in this group, you accept that occasionally you won't care for one we add, but chances are MOST you will like.
Heck, you are one of the five voting for the game!
The bright side is: you don’t need to go hunting for a group each time a new game comes out.
Also, you can have a max of 16 account on your PSN, and this share will allow you to stay under that limit.
NOTE: If you are still angry about this, then this is NOT the share for you. Flame me via PM if it makes your ego feel better.

4. How do I send payment?
You have three options (whatever you prefer):
a) Send the exact amount using PayPal, be sure to mark it as "Personal", instead of "Purchase". Also choose "Gift", as this is the only way to avoid PayPal fees. No CC for this option, must be funded with either your paypal balance or bank withdrawal. If this is too complicated, simply choose one of the other options.
b) Send Paypal "Purchase" amount WITH added surcharge. As an example, instead of $10, it would be $10.66 (I will e-mail you the amount each time). This can be funded with CC or whatever (PayPal "Purchase" charge is currently the same regardless of the source of payment.)
c) Send me a unused PSN Card code that will be used to add funds to the account. I will also keep track of how much credit you have left before you need to send another.

5. What's the maximum number of people in this group?
There can only be five (5) of us in this group including myself.

6. How much do we have to pay for one game?
Each of us will pay 1/5 of the MSRP. (example $20 = $4/ea).
The current initial list of titles is just over $65, so just over $13/ea. As we vote and decide to add games, you will be asked to contribute whatever your share is.

Let me know if you are in,
Tiger[/QUOTE]

sent pm

[quote name='rickshankshaw']Suikoden, Crash Bandicoot series, Legacy of Kain, Rayman 2[/QUOTE]

So, what's the expected price range for this group?

[quote name='Tux.Bobble']Tagout, I want to say that I am currently interested in that share group. I don't own a PSP but have preordered the Go, so as of Oct 1st I would be able to participate.

I do have a couple of questions, which can be resolved here or via PM, up to you. But you specifically said something about NOT logging in except via PS3. So I guess my question is: Is there a way to back up files like this to a computer without logging in at all? If I'm not mistaken you can back games up via Media Go, but since I'm unfamiliar with the PSP I'm not really aware of some of these features. I do own a PS3 though so it wouldn't disqualify me...

I also wouldn't be interested in Patapon 2--I already have the download voucher for it. (though technically I might be willing/able to share the voucher with the gameshare group if I was in it) Otherwise there are definitely a couple I'm not too interested in, but given the reduced prices I'd consider it.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting to buy PSP Go on Oct 1st myself. The last time I had PSP was two years ago, and since Media Go was announced at this year's E3... I don't know the answer to that.

One of the reasons I would prefer everyone in the group to use a PS3 to download PSP games is to avoid all these hassles (backing up, Media Go, etc). Using a PS3 to download and copy PSP games is clearly the best choice.

I don't know if this helps or not but if you download a PSP game to your PS3, you'll notice that it'll give you four options "Copy, Internet Search, Delete and Information". Remember, backing up your PS3 hard drive to an external hard drive will NOT include your PSN games or PSP games on that hard drive. And that's why most people recommend that you deactivate any account(s) on your PS3 first, so you won't waste a slot.

As for that Patapon 2 voucher, Indignate already has a solution for it. If you haven't redeemed the code yet, I could redeem it on the main account, and everyone in the group could use PayPal Gift to send you $4 on your PayPal account.

Hope that helps.:D

Read Spoiler first!

I'm starting a long-term group for PSP games starting with Gran Turismo PSP. If anyone is interested or have any questions, you can contact me on CAG. (Do not PM me on PSN)

Games*:
- Gran Turismo PSP
- Patapon 2
- Jak And Daxter: The Lost Frontier
- Tekken 6
- Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines
- MotorStorm: Artic Edge
- LittleBigPlanet PSP
- Fat Princess PSP
- Dante's Inferno
- Valkyria Chronicles 2

PSP minis*:
-TBA

UMD games that might/will be available to PS Store (?)*:
- God of War: Chains of Olympus
- Final Fantasy: Dissidia
- Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny
- Rock Band: Unplugged + DLCs (?)
- Resistance: Retribution
- Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

Question And Answers

1. Who will be responsible for the setting up the account? I will be responsible for setting up the account from name to purchases.

2. How will we determine what games to buy? The group, us, will take votes on whether or not which game to buy.

3. How do I send payment? I take PayPal Gift to avoid PayPal fees. Non-CC ONLY, please.

4. What's the maximum number of people in this group? There can only be five (5) of us in this group including myself.

5. How much do we have to pay for one game? Each of us will pay 1/5 of the MSRP. (eg. $20 = $4/person)

6. Is it cheaper to buy PSP games on PS Store? Yes, since you only have to pay 1/5 of the MSRP.

Rules

1. DO NOT SHARE INFO WITH OTHERS.

2. Log in and download games with one PS3 sytem, and ONLY one PS3 system. Do not log in on PC's PS Store or PSP's PS Store with the account. If you don't have a PS3, you are NOT
eligible to join this group. In case your PS3 malfunctions or stolen in any way, contact Sony directly to deactivate your PS3 and tell us.

3. When it's time to contribute, you must contribute regardless whether you want the game or not. Our votes will settle what game(s) to buy.

4. You must be a CAG Veteran with 100% iTrader ratings.

(*) - Work in progress.

Long-term group for PSP games.

CAG ID/PSN ID:
1. tagout/tagout
2. Banjora/LMystic99B

Have FF7

Want: Ratchet and clank, wipeout, or any other good psx/ps3 games. I just got a PS3 and i need some good games, send me a PM if you want FF7 and have something/anything to trade.

Edit:No seriously, the only PS3 game I have is Sonic the Hedgehog, help a cag out so I don't have to play that garbage!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tagout']I'm waiting to buy PSP Go on Oct 1st myself. The last time I had PSP was two years ago, and since Media Go was announced at this year's E3... I don't know the answer to that.

One of the reasons I would prefer everyone in the group to use a PS3 to download PSP games is to avoid all these hassles (backing up, Media Go, etc). Using a PS3 to download and copy PSP games is clearly the best choice.

I don't know if this helps or not but if you download a PSP game to your PS3, you'll notice that it'll give you four options "Copy, Internet Search, Delete and Information". Remember, backing up your PS3 hard drive to an external hard drive will NOT include your PSN games or PSP games on that hard drive. And that's why most people recommend that you deactivate any account(s) on your PS3 first, so you won't waste a slot.

As for that Patapon 2 voucher, Indignate already has a solution for it. If you haven't redeemed the code yet, I could redeem it on the main account, and everyone in the group could use PayPal Gift to send you $4 on your PayPal account.

Hope that helps.:D[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm almost positive about joining the group. I just didn't understand how accounts and activation work, since I don't own both at this point. But if I can download via my PS3, copy to the PSP and still be able to use them, AND ideally, back them up to a PC/HDD, I can guarantee I'm interested. Just a matter of that backing up to PC/external HDD part...I have a large enough HD in my PS3 but it's still a better option for ME to back up to my other HDD, which is 1TB and used specifically for backing up software, installers, etc. If you fill up before I figure this stuff out, that's okay, but if I can confirm the ability to back up to PC, I'm pretty sure I'll be joining.

Yeah I am surprised there is no european here to share. Oh well, I guess we wait and hope it's out in 5 days

I've said before im Australian, Meaning its been released for me, It's not a game that really interests me so if people have anything worth wile sharing, Let me know and ill buy it.

Read Spoiler first!

I'm starting a long-term group for PSP games starting with Gran Turismo PSP. If anyone is interested or have any questions, you can contact me on CAG. (Do not PM me on PSN)

Games*:
- Gran Turismo PSP
- Patapon 2
- Tekken 6
- LittleBigPlanet PSP
- Fat Princess PSP
- Dante's Inferno
- Valkyria Chronicles 2

PSP minis*:
-TBA

Question And Answers

1. Who will be responsible for the setting up the account? I will be responsible for setting up the account from name to purchases.

2. How will we determine what games to buy? The group, us, will take votes on whether or not which game to buy.

3. How do I send payment? I take PayPal Gift to avoid PayPal fees. Non-CC ONLY, please.

4. What's the maximum number of people in this group? There can only be five (5) of us in this group including myself.

5. How much do we have to pay for one game? Each of us will pay 1/5 of the MSRP. (eg. $20 = $4/person)

6. Is it cheaper to buy PSP games on PS Store? Yes, since you only have to pay 1/5 of the MSRP.

Rules

2. Log in and download games with one PS3 sytem, and ONLY one PS3 system. Do not log in on PC's PS Store or PSP's PS Store with the account. If you don't have a PS3, you are NOT
eligible to join this group. In case your PS3 malfunctions or stolen in any way, contact Sony directly to deactivate your PS3 and tell us.

3. When it's time to contribute, you must contribute regardless whether you want the game or not. Our votes will settle what game(s) to buy.

(*) - Work in progress.

CAG ID/PSN ID:
1. tagout/tagout
2. Banjora/LMystic99B
3. KongaKing/ ?

[quote name='J35U5']Have FF7

Want: Ratchet and clank, wipeout, or any other good psx/ps3 games. I just got a PS3 and i need some good games, send me a PM if you want FF7 and have something/anything to trade.

Edit:No seriously, the only PS3 game I have is Sonic the Hedgehog, help a cag out so I don't have to play that garbage![/QUOTE]

Reposting because damn sonic sucks. I did a trade with guardianlegend earlier so he can vouch that I'm legit. If you want to play FF7 and have ANY psn game send me a pm! ;)

PS3 PSN Exclusives Long-Term Group

This will be a long-term group that will decide upon every PS3 PSN exclusive game, released both in the past and future, which also includes DLC for both those games and disk-based games, with the latter having to first be suggested. If there is a game that is available on both the PS3 and the PSP, it will only be considered within the group if it happens to be unique to the PS3 in anyway, for example flOw. No PS1 game will be purchased within this group.

Examples of Games Considered

Some PSN exclusives are:

Fat Princess, Along with DLC
Flower
The Last Guy
Fl0w Bundle Pack
Wipeout HD, Along with DLC

Some future exclusive releases:

ModNation Racers
Mushroom Wars
Retro/Grade
Under Siege

Choosing Games

The group will automatically consider every PS3 PSN exclusive game and the group will vote on each. Games will pass the vote based on a majority ruling, so a game that gets three votes will be purchased by the group while a game that gets only two votes will be dropped from the list. This of course doesn't stop the two from purchasing the game between themselves. Every member must chip in for a vote-passed game regardless of their personal vote on it.

Regarding DLC

Only DLC that adds playability such as new levels or maps will be considered. Although one can argue that costumes and the like can add playability to a game, they will not be considered within this group.

Disk-based games with DLC will only be considered if the game is exclusive to the PS3 or if the DLC itself is. DLC for disk only games must also first be suggested by a member of a group before it is considered for vote.

Account Information

I will be responsible for setting up the account and will make all purchases. Payments can be made through either paypal or the use of PSN cards.

Other Information

As you can see, this is a fully LONG-term group, one that will hopefully last to the end of the PS3 days. I would hope that everyone that comes into this group would come with the mindset of getting some great PSN exclusives along with the DLC to those and possibly to some disc based games.

Let me know via a post here or PM if you are interested or if you have any questions or comments.

CAG ID/PSN ID:
1. Indignate/CaliSupaFly
2. drae/draelich
3. J35U5

[quote name='KongaKing']Hey Tagout, just curious, Kingdom Hearts will be out this fall, if that's up on the store to download, any chance we'd share that?[/QUOTE]

It's up to the whole group, but I'm interested in KH but I doubt it'll be available in US PS Store this Fall.

[quote name='tagout']It's up to the whole group, but I'm interested in KH but I doubt it'll be available in US PS Store this Fall.[/QUOTE]

I mean the import. We could buy a JPN PSN card and all share it. We'll see when that comes, but I'm always game for imports just FYI.

[quote name='J35U5']Reposting because damn sonic sucks. I did a trade with guardianlegend earlier so he can vouch that I'm legit. If you want to play FF7 and have ANY psn game send me a pm! ;)[/QUOTE]

what happened with sonic?

[quote name='tagout']Read Spoiler first!

Games*:
- Gran Turismo PSP
- Patapon 2
- Tekken 6
- LittleBigPlanet PSP
- Fat Princess PSP
- Dante's Inferno
- Valkyria Chronicles 2

PSP minis*:
-TBA

Question And Answers

Rules

(*) - Work in progress.

CAG ID/PSN ID:
1. tagout/tagout
2. Banjora/LMystic99B
3. KongaKing/ ?
[/QUOTE]

Count me in for this group. Seems like too good of a deal to pass up. Though, it will probably cost a lot for me to get some new mem cards for my psp.

[quote name='tagout']Read Spoiler first!

Games*:
- Gran Turismo PSP
- Patapon 2
- Tekken 6
- LittleBigPlanet PSP
- Fat Princess PSP
- Dante's Inferno
- Valkyria Chronicles 2

PSP minis*:
-TBA

Question And Answers

Rules

2. Log in and download games with one PS3 sytem, and ONLY one PS3 system. Do not log in on PC's PS Store or PSP's PS Store with the account. If you don't have a PS3, you are NOT eligible to join this group. In case your PS3 malfunctions or stolen in any way, contact Sony directly to deactivate your PS3 and tell us.

(*) - Work in progress.

CAG ID/PSN ID:
1. tagout/tagout
2. Banjora/LMystic99B
3. KongaKing/ ?
5.[/QUOTE]

Im in Tagout. In fact I would have thought that you still had me included! :cry:

[quote name='Indignate']PS3 PSN Exclusives Long-Term Group

This will be a long-term group that will decide upon every PS3 PSN exclusive game, released both in the past and future, which also includes DLC for both those games and disk-based games, with the latter having to first be suggested. If there is a game that is available on both the PS3 and the PSP, it will only be considered within the group if it happens to be unique to the PS3 in anyway, for example flOw. No PS1 game will be purchased within this group.

Some PSN exclusives are:

Flower
The Last Guy
Fl0w Bundle Pack

ModNation Racers
Mushroom Wars
Retro/Grade
Under Siege

Choosing Games

The group will automatically consider every PS3 PSN exclusive game and the group will vote on each. Games will pass the vote based on a majority ruling, so a game that gets three votes will be purchased by the group while a game that gets only two votes will be dropped from the list. This of course doesn't stop the two from purchasing the game between themselves. Every member must chip in for a vote-passed game regardless of their personal vote on it.

Regarding DLC

Only DLC that adds playability such as new levels or maps will be considered. Although one can argue that costumes and the like can add playability to a game, they will not be considered within this group.

Disk-based games with DLC will only be considered if the game is exclusive to the PS3 or if the DLC itself is. DLC for disk only games must also first be suggested by a member of a group before it is considered for vote.

Account Information

I will be responsible for setting up the account and will make all purchases. Payments can be made through either paypal or the use of PSN cards.

Other Information

As you can see, this is a fully LONG-term group, one that will hopefully last to the end of the PS3 days. I would hope that everyone that comes into this group would come with the mindset of getting some great PSN exclusives along with the DLC to those and possibly to some disc based games.

Let me know via a post here or PM if you are interested or if you have any questions or comments.

CAG ID/PSN ID:
1. Indignate/CaliSupaFly
2. drae/draelich
3. J35U5
5.[/QUOTE]

Damnit! I would love to join but I have 3 of those 5 games already.

Read Spoiler first!

Games*:
- Gran Turismo PSP
- Patapon 2
- Tekken 6
- LittleBigPlanet PSP
- Fat Princess PSP
- Dante's Inferno
- Valkyria Chronicles 2

PSP minis*:
- beats

Question And Answers

Rules

(*) - Work in progress.

CAG ID/PSN ID:
1. tagout/tagout
2. Banjora/LMystic99B
3. KongaKing/ CursedTiki
4. GameHead/
Gaius317
5. DAWG26/ webbslinga21

Okay, the group is ready. Banjora, KongaKing, GameHead, DAWG26 please add me on PSN. I'll start a text chat when you guys are online.

Just my two cents, I have a feeling Sony is going to launch a massive line of PSP games on PSN on Oct 1st so we might be spending more than Gran Turismo PSP, but we'll find out on TGS. Is that cool with you guys?

EDIT: I requested a friend request to: Banjora, GameHead, DAWG26. KongaKing, what's your PSN ID?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it.

@DAWG26,

Lol, I completely forgot about you. I cleared out my inbox and I wasn't sure who to contact.

[quote name='Brockothoko']I've said before im Australian, Meaning its been released for me, It's not a game that really interests me so if people have anything worth wile sharing, Let me know and ill buy it.[/QUOTE]

Hey Brockothoko, how's it going. I'll gladly paypal you for Trine and buy you another game of off the US playstation store for your trouble. (Game of your choice.)

Or, you can pick out 30 USD worth of stuff from the US store for me to buy, and we'll trade (I think Trine is about 26 USD on the Australian store).

Some suggestions on stuff you might want:

(Ps1 classics)
Metal Gear Solid
Resident Evil
Silent Hill
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
Final Fantasy VII
Suikoden
Wild Arms 1 and 2

Battlefield 1943
Wipeout HD

Again, anything on the US store that adds up to around 30 bucks. Thanks for responding, by the way.

Alic

[quote name='tagout']

Just my two cents, I have a feeling Sony is going to launch a massive line of PSP games on PSN on Oct 1st so we might be spending more than Gran Turismo PSP, but we'll find out on TGS. Is that cool with you guys?

.[/QUOTE]

Fine by me

[quote name='KongaKing']Fine by me[/QUOTE]

Good to know. :D

First-party UMD games will be available on PSN after all
http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/26371

CAG ID/PSN ID:
1. tagout/tagout
2. Banjora/LMystic99B
3. KongaKing/ CursedTiki
4. GameHead/
Gaius317
5. DAWG26/ webbslinga21

^Please check back here on this thread again after TGS. Hopefully Sony will give us a list of games and pricing by then.

[quote name='tagout']

Good to know. :D

First-party UMD games will be available on PSN after all

CAG ID/PSN ID:
1. tagout/tagout
2. Banjora/LMystic99B
3. KongaKing/ CursedTiki
4. GameHead/
Gaius317
5. DAWG26/ webbslinga21

^Please check back here on this thread again after TGS. Hopefully Sony will give us a list of games and pricing by then.
[/QUOTE]

Also just so you know, starting Oct 1st for one week, a bunch of NIS games will be available for half off. Disgaea, Prinny: Can I Be the Hero?, Blade Dancer and more will be $12.99 for one week only. $2.60 each? Sign me up!

http://playstation.joystiq.com/2009/09/08/nis-classics-hit-psn-in-october-price-cut-in-half/

PS3 PSN Exclusives Long-Term Group

CAG ID/PSN ID:
1. Indignate/CaliSupaFly
2. drae/draelich
3. Swift900/swiftfix
4. J35U5/

Waiting for one more and confirmation from J35U5.

Quick question, I'm sure someone in here knows the answer. Is Syphon Filter Combat Ops able to be gameshared without restriction or is it like Warhawk and Socom and have the 24 hr wait in between people being able to play. Wasn't sure since it is online too. Thanks.

I'm interested in joining a Rockband 2 DLC group.
If you are looking for an extra person, add me on PSN and we can talk there (PSN - SergeantCorbett). The only problem that I can see is the cost, but we can discuss that.

I Still have 2 more slots in my Rock Band Unplugged DLC group.

1.brewer
2.Mojimbo
3.modium

Details of the share:
  • This long term group will keep up with the DLC releases for Rock Band Unplugged.
  • Each member will deposit $10. Each Thursday that DLC is released I will Download the new Songs. Once the funds in the PlayStation Wallet drop below $10 each member will deposit $10 again.
  • Initial deposit will be $20, this will get you all the DLC already released (35) and get you caught up with the current members deposit.
  • Can purchase other PSP games and DLC if members agree. Extra money would need to be deposited.
PM me if interested or are looking for more details.

[quote name='Indignate']PS3 PSN Exclusives Long-Term Group

Some PSN exclusives are:

Flower
The Last Guy
Fl0w Bundle Pack

ModNation Racers
Mushroom Wars
Retro/Grade
Under Siege

Choosing Games

Regarding DLC

Account Information

Other Information

[/QUOTE]

CAG ID/PSN ID:
1. Indignate/CaliSupaFly
2. drae/draelich
3. Swift900/swiftfix
4. jlight/desertsheik

looking for any of the expansion packs for call of duty world at wasr for some zombie goodness. have pixel junk monsters. playinf right now so wil check back here and there. let me know thanks.

First-party UMD games will be available on PSN after all.

CAG ID/PSN ID:
1. tagout/tagout
2. Banjora/LMystic99B
3. KongaKing/ CursedTiki
4. GameHead/
Gaius317
5. DAWG26/ webbslinga21

UPDATE: PSP games are not sharable, therefore we can't start long-term PSP games group. =(

LONG TERM TROPHY GROUP! (listed on SD as Bulk Buy #9)
All games will be shared on the same account!. This requires you to want to have games added long term.
Any game with enough votes will be added to the group share.
Games with enough votes, that will be shared right away: Age of Booty, fl0w Bundle, Fat Princess, Flower, Linger In Shadows.
We are voting on other current & future releases: Crystal Defenders, Fat Princess DLC, PixelJunk Shooter, Prince of Persia DLC, Trine, PSN sales of the week.

LAST OPEN SLOT!

Please read the spoiler for full info before you sign up - PM me your e-mail, and votes for any games in the list (from "spoiler")

[FONT="]Who is in this group so far[/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="]--------------------------------[/FONT]
[FONT="]1) TigerLust[/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="]2) soratsorat (from SD)[/FONT]
[FONT="]3) niscii (from SD)[/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="]4) maksikk (from SD)[/FONT]
[FONT="]5) -Open-[/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="]There can only be five (5) of us in this group including myself.[/FONT]

[FONT="]Games to share, PLEASE VOTE:[/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="]-------------------------------------[/FONT]
[FONT="]Current Releases: (Game Category, IGN Rating, price per person)[/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="]3 on 3 NHL Arcade (Sports, IGN 5.9, $2/ea) [niscii] {Note: rating under 7.5}[/FONT]
[FONT="]BUYING - Age of Booty (Strategy, IGN 7.5, $2/ea) [Tiger, Sorat, niscii, maksikk] - BUYING[/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="]Bejeweled 2 (Puzzle, IGN 7.0, $2/ea) [niscii] {Note: rating under 7.5}[/FONT]
[FONT="]Buzz! Junior: RoboJam (Trivia, IGN 4.5, $1/ea) [Tiger] {Note: cheap & rating under 7.5}[/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="]Crystal Defenders (Strategy, IGN 7.5, $2/ea) [Tiger, Sorat][/FONT]
[FONT="]BUYING - fl0w Bundle (Art Action, IGN 7.6, $1.80/ea) [Tiger, Sorat, niscii] - BUYING[/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="]BUYING - Fat Princess (Action, IGN 9.0, $3/ea) [Tiger, Sorat, niscii, maksikk] - BUYING[/FONT]
[FONT="]BUYING - Flower (Art Action, IGN 9.0, $2/ea) [Tiger, Sorat, niscii] - BUYING[/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="]High Velocity Bowling (Sports, IGN 7.5, $2/ea) [Sorat, niscii][/FONT]
[FONT="]BUYING - Linger In Shadows (Interactive Art, IGN N/A, $0.75/ea) [Tiger, Sorat, niscii] - BUYING[/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="]LittleBigPlanet Dynamic Theme (Dynamic Sackboy!, $0.75/ea) [Tiger, niscii][/FONT]
[FONT="]Prince of Persia: Epilogue DLC for Disc (Platform, IGN 7.8, $2/ea) [Tiger, niscii][/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="]Wheel of Fortune (Trivia, IGN 5.8, $3/ea) [niscii] {Note: expensive & rating under 7.5}[/FONT]

[FONT="]Future Releases to be purchased upon release (IGN ratings N/A till release):[/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="]Fat Princess: Fat Pork DLC [Tiger, niscii][/FONT]
[FONT="]PixelJunk Shooter (PixelJunk is always just amazing, assume $2/ea) [Tiger][/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="]Trine (Fantasy Action, Platinum Trophy, assume $4/ea when released to USA) [Tiger][/FONT]
[FONT="]PSN sale of the week (depending on the title of course) [vote when on sale...][/FONT]

[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="]Question And Answers[/FONT]
[FONT="]--------------------------- If it says "I", it is TigerLust ;)[/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="]1. Who will be responsible for the setting up the account?[/FONT]
[FONT="]I will be responsible for setting up the new account, collecting the money from the group, purchases, sharing, etc.[/FONT]

[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="]2. Will we share PSP, costumes, avatars, themes, songs, DLC, etc?[/FONT]
[FONT="]No PSP games. No exceptions, ever.[/FONT][/B][FONT="] BTW, you can NOT share full games on a PSP GO.[/FONT]
[FONT="]No Costume packs[/FONT][/B][FONT="]. A good reason for this is the endless supply of costumes for LBP, which is a mad fun game, but how many costumes can you wear at once anyhow? So no to this.[/FONT]
[FONT="]No Themes or avatars[/FONT][/B][FONT="]. I know I opened this can of worms by adding LBP Dynamic theme, and only did so as a one-time Dynamic Theme for us to vote on. You can only have one theme/avatar at a time, so we should never buy more than one. [/FONT]
[FONT="]DLC for a PSN game[/FONT][/B][FONT="] will only be voted on if we buy/bought the game too. (Such as Fat Princess, we are buying game and voting on DLC.)[/FONT]
[FONT="]No DLC for a disc-game if the DLC is available on a disc.[/FONT][/B][FONT="] Examples are the DLC included on LBP GOTY and Fallout3 GOTY (which includes all five DLC for the game). Buy/Rent/Trade for the disc with DLC is a far better option than sharing it![/FONT]
[FONT="]No DLC or songs for a disc-game with endless amount of DLC[/FONT][/B][FONT="] (such as Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Singstar).[/FONT]
[FONT="]DLC for a disc-game[/FONT][/B][FONT="] that is neither available on a disc (disqualifying Fallout3) and is not re-released on PSN (disqualifying Warhawk, Burnout Paradise) can be voted on (such as Prince of Persia DLC).[/FONT]

[FONT="]3. How will we determine what games to buy?[/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="]We will strongly push Trophy games with high ratings, and add cool PSN sales of the week, it is by no means limited to that.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Anyone in the group can let me know a game they want added to the list.[/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="]The group (us) will take votes on whether or not which game to buy.[/FONT]
[FONT="]I will keep a list of who wants what, and e-mail it to the group occasionally for voting.[/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="]If 3 of the 5 want it, it is bought as a group. (see next question to cover your fears)[/FONT]
[FONT="]If only two of us want it, the 2 can optionally each pay 50% if they want.[/FONT]

[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="]4. But why should I pay for a game if I did not vote for it? WTF?[/FONT]
[FONT="]Yeah, I know. You are actually 100% right![/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="]How often do you think practically speaking you will ever find a group that has all the people agreeing to add a game?[/FONT]
[FONT="]It hardly happens, because usually one person has the game already, or thinks it sucks.[/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="]I bet that some of the games I already own will also be voted for by three others, and I will have to pay 1/5 again.[/FONT]
[FONT="]But I am also sure it is worth it to have a solid group, and all new games going forward will not be pre-owned by anyone.[/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="]Simply, if you want in this group, you accept that occasionally you won't care for one we add, but chances are MOST you will like.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Heck, you are one of the five voting for the game![/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="]The bright side is: you don’t need to go hunting for a group each time a new game comes out.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Also, you can have a max of 16 account on your PSN, and this share will allow you to stay under that limit.[/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="]NOTE: If you are still angry about this, then this is NOT the share for you. Flame me via PM if it makes your ego feel better.[/FONT]

[FONT="]5. How do I send payment?[/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="]You have three options, pick whichever YOU prefer:[/FONT]
[FONT="]a) Send exact amount using PayPal, be sure to mark it as "Personal", instead of "Purchase". Also choose "Gift", as this is the only way to avoid PayPal fees. No CC for this option, must be funded with either your PayPal balance or bank withdrawal. If this is too complicated, pick another option…[/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="]b) Send PayPal "Purchase" amount WITH added surcharge. As an example, instead of $10, it would be $10.66 (I will e-mail you the amount each time). This can be funded with CC or whatever (PayPal "Purchase" charge is currently the same regardless of the source of payment.)[/FONT]
[FONT="]c) Send me an unused PSN Card code that will be used to add funds to the account. I will also keep track of how much credit you have left before you need to send another.[/FONT]

[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="]6. How much do we have to pay for one game?[/FONT]
[FONT="]Each of us will pay 1/5 of the current price. (example $20 = $4/ea).[/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT="][The initial list of titles is around $50, so it is around $10/ea.][/FONT]
[FONT="]As we vote and add games, you will be asked to contribute whatever your additional share is.[/FONT]

[quote name='tagout']

UPDATE: PSP games are not sharable, therefore we can't start long-term PSP games group. =(

[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

What, really? Damn! I was looking forward to all those cheap games

I'm looking to join up with a group (or two) for:
- PixelJunk games/associated DLC
- Fat Princess/future DLC

PM me if you're interested in either.

[quote name='tagout']First-party UMD games will be available on PSN after all.

CAG ID/PSN ID:
1. tagout/tagout
2. Banjora/LMystic99B
3. KongaKing/ CursedTiki
4. GameHead/
Gaius317
5. DAWG26/ webbslinga21

[/QUOTE]

you really believed Sony would allow this!? This would really kill their software sales even more than it is.

[quote name='chelosera91']Anyone want to start a group for NEW PSN games (not old since some people might have them) and $20 each?[/QUOTE]

I'm on it. Well, I planned to already have it set up by now, but the combination of a massive backlog and my money being short for the rest of this month has postponed it. Still, look for a group shortly (before the next notable PSN title comes out, anyway.);)

[quote name='Thetoxic360']I have 13.18$ hopefully getting enough for 15$ what can I get?[/QUOTE]

About 2 packs of cigarettes, or if that's not your thing, around a gram of Mexican dirt weed (tm).

[quote name='chelosera91']Anyone want to start a group for NEW PSN games (not old since some people might have them) and $20 each?[/QUOTE]

I am interested if someone would start it.

Ok, I'll be the leader.

Group for NEW PSN games only! Starting the week Trine is released. Each member will add $20 to the account or you can pm me a code for a PSN card. We will buy NEW PSN games only.

1. chelosera91
2. RandyTsai
3. lassiterb

[quote name='chelosera91']Ok, I'll be the leader.

Group for NEW PSN games only! Starting the week Trine is released. Each member will add $20 to the account or you can pm me a code for a PSN card. We will buy NEW PSN games only. If not enough PSN games are released in a period of 2 months, we will consider on buying some old games.

1. chelosera91
2. RandyTsai
3. lassiterb
[/QUOTE]

cool. pm me when all the slots are full.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Wondering if any long term Fallout 3 DLC group is in the planning process. I joined one a while back, but nothing has been mentioned since.[/QUOTE]

Interested in this also, if someone decides to make a new group. :)

Hello fellow CAGs, if you're looking for a sharing group, we have a slot available... To buy in, it will be $41.50 ($1.5 for PayPal). Once you're in, you'll be able to nominate and vote on games (you'll be invited to our group).

For $41.50, you'll be given the following games:

Heavy Weapons
Bomberman Ultra
Gunstar Heroes
Crash commando
Punisher: No Mercy
Battlefield: 1943
Flock
Savage Moon
3 on 3 NHL Arcade
NAMCO Museum Essentials
Shatter
Fat Princess
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Smash Cars
TMNT™: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled
Battle Tanks
ZEN Pinball

You can reply to this post or PM, thanks!

[quote name='chelosera91']Ok, I'll be the leader.

Group for NEW PSN games only! Starting the week Trine is released. Each member will add $20 to the account or you can pm me a code for a PSN card. We will buy NEW PSN games only. If not enough PSN games are released in a period of 2 months, we will consider on buying some old games.

1. chelosera91
2. RandyTsai
3. lassiterb
[/QUOTE]

Chelosera91, your inbox is full. I had a couple suggestions for the long-term group.

First of all, I think we should have a system where we buy all new games that get a certain Metacritic rating so we won't have to vote (or argue) on every single game that comes out. I was thinking if Metacritic score is 75 or more, it is an automatic buy. We can also vote on games that receive a worse score.

Secondly, I don't like the idea of buying older games, even if a new game doesn't come out every month. I have pretty much all of the PSN games currently that I want (~45) so any older games we would purchase I would already have. This is why I liked the idea of a long-term group for ONLY new games.

Hope you consider my suggestions, and thanks for starting the group so I didn't have to!

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Wondering if any long term Fallout 3 DLC group is in the planning process. I joined one a while back, but nothing has been mentioned since.[/QUOTE]

intrested as well. i wonder if i'll have to re buy the main game as well again to use the expansion packs? probably...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back