CAG PSN Gamesharing - Find/Create a Gameshare Group & Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
just wanted everyone know that im sorry for over doing it for the gameshare we are trying to make i didnt mean to post so much and clutter things up...im just over anxious to get this gameshare group rolling...i have went back and deleted most of my post to try to remove some of my clutter.....sorry again

[quote name='blackkrystal']hey...
I have:

tekken 5 DR
Streetfighter HD remix
Castlevania symphony of the night
Bionic commando rearmed
MK2

I am looking for MVC2 and other games. Interested in 1 to 1 Gameshare... anyone interested please PM me. Also tell me ur gameslist.[/QUOTE]

be careful with him i tried gamesharing with him he says he got all these games but he dont he only has tekken

[quote name='best1here']be careful with him i tried gamesharing with him he says he got all these games but he dont he only has tekken[/QUOTE]

For people who try to hack my account and change my password...I HAVE NOTHING....be grateful i let you have that one game. I didnt take any of yours...your slot is still free... whose the one that got ripped off again?

Starting a Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (MUA2) DLC group. PM me if interested, may miss your post.

Group Full.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blackkrystal']For people who try to hack my account and change my password...I HAVE NOTHING....be grateful i let you have that one game. I didnt take any of yours...your slot is still free... whose the one that got ripped off again?[/QUOTE]

you say for people who hack your account? then you say i should be grateful you gave me that one? which is it did i hack your account or did you give it to me?

beware of this user

[quote name='best1here']you say for people who hack your account? then you say i should be grateful you gave me that one? which is it did i hack your account or did you give it to me?

beware of this user[/QUOTE]

We should be beware of you too.

You're accusing blackkrystal of being a potential scammer without a valid reason.
What is so shocking about blackkrystal having only 1 game in that psn account?
He stated that he was interested in 1-1 sharing, meaning he has multiple psn accounts with only 1 game.

Seems like some jerk (or a clueless noob) tried to change the password on one of blackkrystal's psn account.
The only people that could change the password on that account are the people he gameshared with (you being one of those people).
Also, blackkrystal never pointed the finger at you directly.

PS
I'm don't know blackkrystal and can't vouched for him personally.
However.... making random accusations without a valid reason is a big no no

[quote name='Chaos Proxy']If anyone wants I have Fallout 3 DLC (for PAL regions) to sell/share.
Full pack (all 5 DLC) - 14$ USD.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I might be interested in this.

Drop me a pm. :)

[quote name='blackkrystal']For people who try to hack my account and change my password...I HAVE NOTHING....be grateful i let you have that one game. I didnt take any of yours...your slot is still free... whose the one that got ripped off again?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='best1here']you say for people who hack your account? then you say i should be grateful you gave me that one? which is it did i hack your account or did you give it to me?

beware of this user[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wbc1228']We should be beware of you too.

You're accusing blackkrystal of being a potential scammer without a valid reason.
What is so shocking about blackkrystal having only 1 game in that psn account?
He stated that he was interested in 1-1 sharing, meaning he has multiple psn accounts with only 1 game.

Seems like some jerk (or a clueless noob) tried to change the password on one of blackkrystal's psn account.
The only people that could change the password on that account are the people he gameshared with (you being one of those people).
Also, blackkrystal never pointed the finger at you directly.

PS
I'm don't know blackkrystal and can't vouched for him personally.
However.... making random accusations without a valid reason is a big no no[/QUOTE]

I agree with wbc on this one. Sounds like blackkrystal was legitimately gamesharing and best1 didn't quite understand, than crossed a line. It seems to me that the biggest scammers are those so afraid of being scammed that they just scam back before even realizing that they didn't get scammed in the first place and are just being scammers themselves. There is no reason to do anything of the sort. I have been scammed than convinced the person to trade legit. I didn't steal their account and even friends of mine who did try to scam a scammer I tell them not to stoop to their level.

Just from what I've read I would be much more likely to trade with blackkrystal than Best1, not to mention your lack of forum etiquette and group spam. Sounds like you need to grow up.

[quote name='IRHari']If the guy I PM'd doesnt respond, is anyone starting a Borderlands DLC group? I'd like to join...[/QUOTE]

From the looks of it, theres one more spot in the group I'm in. Shoot prisonerac a PM ;)

[quote name='prisonerac']Borderlands DLC Group

1. prisonerac
2. cupcakex1
3. sev2500
4. tobinbell
5. ?

First Dlc is Zombie Island for $10, so $2 each if there are five people. Release Date is November 24. It would be nice if anyone who joins is willing to keep the group going through all future dlc releases.[/QUOTE]

Borderlands DLC Group

1. prisonerac
2. cupcakex1
3. sev2500
4. tobinbell
5. IRHari

Filled :D

I will download after it is released tomorrow and PM everyone in the group.

[quote name='Torrwin']Starting a Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (MUA2) DLC group. PM me if interested, may miss your post.[/QUOTE]

count me in the MUA2 group!

We have a Fallout 3 all DLC group with 4 people looking for a 5th. No noobs, preferably established CAGs.

Group would also be open to future Borderlands and Dragon Age Origins DLC ....

PM me.

PSN FALL games sale 50% off Nov. 24th thru Dec. 2nd....

Comet Crash Regular price: $9.99 Sale price: $4.99
Smash Cars Regular price: $14.99 Sale price: $7.49
Invincible Tiger: The Legend of Han Tao Regular price: $14.99 Sale price: $7.49

Total: $20

COMIC CRASH/SMASH CARS/INVINCIBLE TIGER:Legend of Han Tao
(full games)

Slots Available: [1/5] ($20.00/$10.00/$6.67)

1. decon
2. Virsago

Final Price: $?? (PAYPAL gift payment)

PM me

Lame

Bad news for all and users with multiple PS3s, SCE have changed their Terms of Service to allow only up to 3 PS3s on onehttp://www.haxnetwork.net/2009/11/psn-terms-of-service-changed-only-3-activations-allowed/#.
Traders beware, you can only share games on up to three PS3s now, users with share groups will also be affected.
Users with >3 systems activated should be safe, however if one system is deactivated, it can no longer be activated again.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='decon']PSN FALL games sale 50% off Nov. 24th thru Dec. 2nd....

Comet Crash Regular price: $9.99 Sale price: $4.99
Smash Cars Regular price: $14.99 Sale price: $7.49
Invincible Tiger: The Legend of Han Tao Regular price: $14.99 Sale price: $7.49

Total: $20

COMIC CRASH/SMASH CARS/INVINCIBLE TIGER:Legend of Han Tao
(full games)

Slots Available: [4/5] ($20.00/$10.00/$6.67/$5.00/$4.00)

1. decon

Final Price: $?? (PAYPAL gift payment)

PM me
[/QUOTE]

Hmm I would be game for the group if we could add Bomberman Ultra ($4.99) to the mix.

Yup, I just saw it. Good thing I don't gameshare (unless it's with my brother).

Basically...
- New downloads can only be on 3 systems at once, and can be downloaded once every 24 hours
- People with 3+ activations on games already downloaded will be safe, but if a purchase is deleted, it can no longer be downloaded (I'm assuming until it's under 3)

So it's not in the US yet?

NOT good news...

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/11/24/sony-knocks-gamesharing-down-to-3/

Some developers don’t like the practice of gamesharing - one person buying a game and then loaning his account details to four friends so they can download the game for free – and now it appears that Sony are getting a bit fed up with it too. Despite Jack Tretton pushing the idea as a positive one – “you can send that content to four other friends for that initial investment, we want to get the game in as many hands as possible,” he famously said at the PS3’s launch – it now appears that the limit has been dropped from 5 to 3.

The terms of service that appear to have changed (link to the Australian site here) state that “you may use [your purchased] item or content on up to three (3) different PlayStation®3 systems that have been activated for your account. You may deactivate or activate specific PlayStation®3 systems, as long as the maximum activated number of PlayStation®3 systems for your account at any given time is three (3).”

The TOS then goes on to say that there are “two sets of usage schemes for content, corresponding to two categories of in-game items and other content that you purchase.” The first category, called Network Content, can only be accessed “by one activated PlayStation®3 system per day and only by the account through which the Network Content was purchased. Network Content cannot be used on two different PlayStation®3 systems within a twenty-four (24) hour period.”

This effectively ends gamesharing on multiple user accounts – you have to use the account the game was purchased under. The second category, and the one which seems the most restricted, is Local Content, “once installed on a PlayStation®3 system by the account that purchased it, can be accessed by other accounts on that same PlayStation®3 system.”

So this isn't happening is the US as of yet right? Just got a gameshare group going on in the last couple of days, this would totally kill it.

[quote name='rickshankshaw']To be honest, if they bring down the gameshares to 3 per account, I'm simply not buying anything else from the PS Store. Ever.[/QUOTE]

It seems shady that they do this out of the blue, it looks like they are trying to ween us away from gamesharing all together.

They definitely are. They used it to bait us in and once enough people have picked up the system, they don't have the incentive to keep to their promises. Well screw that. They take away this, I take away my dollars from PSN.

Well, we'll have to see if this global now, soon, or some time in the future. Hopefully never though. As for now, I'm just thankful there are no must buys for me in the store.

hey rick I'd be willing to join a Borderlands DLC group. Currently I'm part of a 5 member thing but as of yet the leader has yet to PM his paypal info. And if the 3 share limit thing is real I'd be kicked out anyway cause I was the last to join the group. Just PM me if you're up for it, I dunno if you've bought it yet. I guess 3.33 each?

[quote name='rickshankshaw']They definitely are. They used it to bait us in and once enough people have picked up the system, they don't have the incentive to keep to their promises. Well screw that. They take away this, I take away my dollars from PSN.[/QUOTE]

Because you can't get games at 1/5 the price, you're going to never purchase anything again? Go for it man.

I personally have yet to gameshare, but I am not opposed to it. But take it for what it was - Sony allowed everyone to split games 5 ways for several years now. Everyone got a great deal for a long time. If that changes, cut back your purchases to essentials, sure, but don't outright boycott it over something like this.

[quote name='Yanksfan']Because you can't get games at 1/5 the price, you're going to never purchase anything again? Go for it man.[/QUOTE]

It's a matter of principle. If your GF had sex with you 7/7 days of the week and then said she was going to start having sex with someone else for the 3/7 days, would you rationalize that at least you were getting sex 4/7 days or would you kick the cheating bitch to the curb?

Sony pretty much toted gameshare for a while and for them to go back on their word like this is an ultimate kind of douchebaggery.

Overdramatic analogy? Definitely. But the fact is that when they tote these features, we trust them to stick to what they're offering. Not to stab gamers in the back.

Gameshare, in my mind, is a pseudo-form of piracy. Developers don't make games with the intent to sell it to people split 5 ways. Publishers don't want what's sold to be split 5 ways either, they are losing a lot of profit. Especially compared to how games are sold on XBL, the way Sony does it is a steal.

You really shouldn't be complaining that they're toning down something that probably shouldn't have existed anyways.

You could be all about principle and support developers and buy games new, etc... but at least in my mind, this is completely different. Granted, I don't have anything against piracy myself so... yeah. I'm just glad it was/is/will be a good deal for us.

[quote name='rickshankshaw']It's a matter of principle. If your GF had sex with you 7/7 days of the week and then said she was going to start having sex with someone else for the 3/7 days, would you rationalize that at least you were getting sex 4/7 days or would you kick the cheating bitch to the curb?

Sony pretty much toted gameshare for a while and for them to go back on their word like this is an ultimate kind of douchebaggery.

Overdramatic analogy? Definitely. But the fact is that when they tote these features, we trust them to stick to what they're offering. Not to stab gamers in the back.[/QUOTE]

If you were a part of a girlfriend sharing group and paying 1/5 the cost of the girlfriend upkeep costs, but got the full benefits of sex whenever you wanted, then she decided to say that if she is going to have to have sex with you and your 4 friends, that she wants the perks of having 5 guys paying full value, I wouldn't blame her at all.

[quote name='Yanksfan']If you were a part of a girlfriend sharing group and paying 1/5 the cost of the girlfriend upkeep costs, but got the full benefits of sex whenever you wanted, then she decided to say that if she is going to have to have sex with you and your 4 friends, that she wants the perks of having 5 guys paying full value, I wouldn't blame her at all.[/QUOTE]

Once you start gamesharing, the base price of the items purchase become 1/5 of the cost. 10$ game? It's really a $2 game. Once you get into it, that's the mindset you have. It's not being split 5 ways, the price of the game is just just $2.

It's essentially no different than if the company did a PS3 update blocking out all PSX discs from playing on your systems just so you had to buy them from PSN.

[quote name='rickshankshaw']Once you start gamesharing, the base price of the items purchase become 1/5 of the cost. 10$ game? It's really a $2 game. Once you get into it, that's the mindset you have. It's not being split 5 ways, the price of the game is just just $2.

It's essentially no different than if the company did a PS3 update blocking out all PSX discs from playing on your systems just so you had to buy them from PSN.[/QUOTE]

Well again, that's your "mindset." It's far from the truth though; you're entitled to your opinion and feel pissed off but the bottom line is, for games that are multiplatform, PSN was the only way you could get it at 1/5 of the retail price.

What you pay isn't the retail price, regardless of whether you think so or not. Full price is retail, what you're paying is a heavily discounted price.

And it's nothing like if they removed your ability to play PSX games you own. The way SCEE stated things, it's not retroactive. They aren't taking away any content you've already bought if you don't reactivate.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Well again, that's your "mindset." It's far from the truth though; you're entitled to your opinion and feel pissed off but the bottom line is, for games that are multiplatform, PSN was the only way you could get it at 1/5 of the retail price.

What you pay isn't the retail price, regardless of whether you think so or not. Full price is retail, what you're paying is a heavily discounted price.

And it's nothing like if they removed your ability to play PSX games you own. The way SCEE stated things, it's not retroactive. They aren't taking away any content you've already bought if you don't reactivate.[/QUOTE]

Apparently comparing an example of toting features and then taking them away to another example of toting features and then taking them away are two different things in your crazy little world.

Your only opinion on the matter is that, "Well it was too good to last", and I say that it's a bullshit attitude to carry. You're right. Other companies weren't doing it. That's why I picked up the PS3 moron. Because it was an exclusive feature to the system. DUH!

"You can send that content to four other friends for that initial investment," said Tretton. "We want to get the game in as many hands as possible."
"It's not about generating profits at each and every interaction with the consumer," he said. "I think that really offsets the argument that says, 'Wow, that's a really pricey system.'"

Is Wipeout shareable? If it is, anyone got an extra share left?
I wanna get up on it before the 3 account limit applies to US. Also interested in Street Fighter HD Remix. Give me a PM if you got a share to sell.

Tretton was being retarded. I'm not gonna fault the dude for slipping something out that he obviously wasn't supposed to say when the rest of the company was clearly against public gamesharing. Sony was never BOASTING about it, saying "hey guys guess what our system is a better deal and we want you to gameshare."

It was there, that's about it. No promoting it, nothing. If it didn't become "mainstream" and largely abused, maybe publishers wouldn't have cared and this wouldn't have happened.

Tretton is SCEA, and what's happening on right now is just SCEE as far as we know.

Toting "features" and then taking it away is completely bullshit. Tretton might be a spokesperson for Sony but his... words aren't the bottom line when it comes to corporate stances.

EULAs and TOSes change. Get over it. You can not buy anything anymore, that's fine.

You have some idiotic vendetta against SCEE for dampening FUTURE abuse of the gamesharing. You're still losing out on PSN exclusives and games that everyone else (on PS3 or elsewhere) has to pay, guess what, FULL PRICE for.

Calling other people morons when you have no idea how the industry works. Sony and Tretton might want gamers to get the most value out of their purchases, but you have no fucking idea how much pressure publishers put on Sony for even have gamesharing as an option. Why the fuck would you boycott the company making goods available to you when the reason they're making the changes has nothing to do with them being greedy. Do you even realize the negative consequences on Sony-publisher relations if they blatantly and publicly promoted the "feature"?

There's a difference between being a cheapass and wanting to get the best deal and being greedy.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Tretton was being retarded. I'm not gonna fault the dude for slipping something out that he obviously wasn't supposed to say when the rest of the company was clearly against public gamesharing. Sony was never BOASTING about it, saying "hey guys guess what our system is a better deal and we want you to gameshare."

It was there, that's about it. No promoting it, nothing. If it didn't become "mainstream" and largely abused, maybe publishers wouldn't have cared and this wouldn't have happened.

Tretton is SCEA, and what's happening on right now is just SCEE as far as we know.

Toting "features" and then taking it away is completely bullshit. Tretton might be a spokesperson for Sony but his... words aren't the bottom line when it comes to corporate stances.

EULAs and TOSes change. Get over it. You can not buy anything anymore, that's fine.

You have some idiotic vendetta against SCEE for dampening FUTURE abuse of the gamesharing. You're still losing out on PSN exclusives and games that everyone else (on PS3 or elsewhere) has to pay, guess what, FULL PRICE for.

Calling other people morons when you have no idea how the industry works. Sony and Tretton might want gamers to get the most value out of their purchases, but you have no fucking idea how much pressure publishers put on Sony for even have gamesharing as an option. Why the fuck would you boycott the company making goods available to you when the reason they're making the changes has nothing to do with them being greedy. Do you even realize the negative consequences on Sony-publisher relations if they blatantly and publicly promoted the "feature"?

There's a difference between being a cheapass and wanting to get the best deal and being greedy.[/QUOTE]

You ARE a moron. Clearly you're a moron. The second you start speaking as if you know more than the President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment of America, you clearly have no credibility left. I mean you must have a Sony Fanboy stuck so far up your ass, that he's moving your fingers for you, isn't he?

Get lost.

I don't give a shit about Sony. I don't give a shit about developer relations. What I give a shit about is what I was promised when I paid Wal-mart my money to pick up my console. You trying to give Sony a reach around and lick the leftovers off your fingers isn't going to make me change my mind.

You can get over that. I expect accountability.

Yup, fanboy. That explains everything right? Ironically, I do the same thing as you. Way the features of one platform against the others. Guess that makes me a fanboy. Who would've thought.

No more derailing the thread. Nothing's been announced for the US, none of this may actually go through anyways so just keep it to discussion for now.

I find it interesting that it's from the Euro blog. Though if this constriction of gamesharing allows more content to go to PSN I'm all for it. Remember that Microsoft gets a shitload more content on XBLA since devs know there is no gamesharing there. 5 slots per game is a rather daunting outlook for developers.

[quote name='rickshankshaw']To be honest, if they bring down the gameshares to 3 per account, I'm simply not buying anything else from the PS Store. Ever.[/QUOTE]

OH NO. QUICK EVERYBODY. CALL SONY. THEY'RE GOING TO LOSE A CHEAPASS WHO NEVER PAYS SHIT! Don't let the door kick your ass on the way out. Thank you. Go to Microsoft and enjoy how much BETTER they treat you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back