CAG PSN Gamesharing - Find/Create a Gameshare Group & Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's understandable to me, due to where it's posted (Trading forum), a place with a lot of business-type transactions. There, like Prinny pointed out, you're dealing quite often with at least one party (usually) having a physical item, presumably one worth a LOT more than your typical gameshare.

jp rose a good point in the thread about gamesharing, since one of PayPal's examples for Personal Payments was repaying your portion of a lunch that your friend paid for. Shrike even admitted it was a grey area. They're just doing it to protect CAGs from scammers it seems, since you can dispute a regular payment, whereas a gift is well, a gift.

I don't get it, so you can't offer a share of a game and expect money for it? What kind of bullshit is that? There's no way it can be controlled/moderated.

[quote name='ROB64']I don't get it, so you can't offer a share of a game and expect money for it? What kind of bullshit is that? There's no way it can be controlled/moderated.[/QUOTE]

You can share it and get money for it.
You just can't send/recieve the payment via paypal gift.
You have to give paypal a cut of the profit and mark the gameshare as a purchase.

Paypal fee sucks!
Example:
A $15 gameshare usually costs $3 per person.
With the fees, it will now be $3.40 per person.
What really pisses me off is that paypal charges a fee even if you have money in your paypal account.
Also, my bank isn't paypal a fee to take money out.
Why the hell is paypal charging me a fee.

http://www.rolbe.com/paypal.htm

Also, buyer protection and seller protection, as provided by paypal, are a joke.
The process is so random that you can never predict the outcome of a dispute.

[quote name='ROB64']I don't get it, so you can't offer a share of a game and expect money for it? What kind of bullshit is that? There's no way it can be controlled/moderated.[/QUOTE]

No, you can still use PayPal. It's concerning the personal versus purchase choices you use on PayPal. With the former, PayPal charges a small fee, but does not with the latter. Since CAGs obviously use Personal (usually Gift) to avoid the fee, there's no protection on PayPal's part if the recipient doesn't comply with their part, whereas you ARE protected if you use the purchase choice. It's posted on the trading forum for obvious reasons (tending to deal in physical items + being the biggest area where money changes hands of course), rather than here.

Notice shrike also said gameshares were a grey area (page 5 of the thread linked earlier) since there's at least one example for Personal that's pretty close to applicable to gamesharing. Add that to the fact that we're dealing in much less in terms of currency, not to mention more parties involved than a usual person to person transaction, and I could easily see gameshares being an exception to this rule.

Ohhhh, well what's the big deal with that? So you get a little bit less per share, you're still paying less than full price for a game or add-on, even if it's not exactly 1/5 the price.

BTW, still have one share of Uno left, if anyone wants it.

[quote name='ROB64']Ohhhh, well what's the big deal with that? So you get a little bit less per share, you're still paying less than full price for a game or add-on, even if it's not exactly 1/5 the price.

BTW, still have one share of Uno left, if anyone wants it.[/QUOTE]

lol
you're not cheap ass enough.
:roll:

Rather than $0.80 a share, your share of uno is now $1.13 after the fees.
29% of the money is going directly to paypal!

[quote name='Azazael13']Still have one more AC2 spot left.[/QUOTE]
Ac2 dlc comes out tom and is .80 a share just one slot left open

Just bought a ps3 and discovered this wonderful system. I am looking to start or join a group for fighting games. Would really like to get Marvel vs Capcom 2, and Super Street Fighter II HD.

[quote name='mrslippery']Just bought a ps3 and discovered this wonderful system. I am looking to start or join a group for fighting games. Would really like to get Marvel vs Capcom 2, and Super Street Fighter II HD.[/QUOTE]

I have slots available for MvC2 for $3. PM me if anyones interested

looking for anyone who has a slot left for braid, matt hazard, or any other trophie games that i may not have, shoot me a pm. i'm new here but i bought from a few ppl here already who could vouch for me :)

[quote name='asthmatic']I have slots available for MvC2 for $3. PM me if anyones interested[/QUOTE]

i sent a pm if you still want r-types

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I have gameshares for:

PAIN w/ two of the downloadable characters
Mega Man 9

if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]

Price for a share? Although all I'm really interested in is PAIN.

Try this once more....

[quote name='zenithyoda']I am looking to see how much interest there would be in a DLC group.

Right now, I wanna get the Assassins Creed 2, Modern Warfare 2, and Heavy Rain DLC.

If interested, send me a PM. If I get enough response, I will make a group.[/QUOTE]

1. zenithyoda
2. asthmatic
3. johnnyrocker360

Notes: This will not include the Heavy Rain DLC you get for preordering. I will be using that with my long term group.

AC2 DLC will be downloaded asap and the group will be set up.

I will make a social group once we get 5 people who are interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm starting a group for people who will buy every new(upcoming) PSN game that is $20 or less. With 5 people, that will be $4 or less per game. This will include all PS3 games, NOT any PSP or PSX games. No DLC, No themes or add-ons. Just games that have trophies.

PM me AND post a reply here if you're interested.

[quote name='zenithyoda']Try this once more....

Originally Posted by zenithyoda
I am looking to see how much interest there would be in a DLC group.

Right now, I wanna get the Assassins Creed 2, Modern Warfare 2, and Heavy Rain DLC.

If interested, send me a PM. If I get enough response, I will make a group.

1. zenithyoda
2. asthmatic
3. johnnyrocker360

Notes: This will not include the Heavy Rain DLC you get for preordering. I will be using that with my long term group.

I will make a social group once we get 5 people who are interested.[/QUOTE]

come on people if you do this you will only take up one slot. saves you from having to start another for different dlc. need more people so please join. i'm really wanting to get the AC2 DLC.

[quote name='johnnyrocker360']come on people if you do this you will only take up one slot. saves you from having to start another for different dlc. need more people so please join. i'm really wanting to get the AC2 DLC.[/QUOTE]

i am intrested in the AC II DLC but i dont own COD MW2 and I dont know if i'll get heavy rain... alas

[quote name='floormat']i am intrested in the AC II DLC but i dont own COD MW2 and I dont know if i'll get heavy rain... alas[/QUOTE]

I have an AC2 group with one spot left, we are getting all the DLC for it. Want the spot?

[quote name='atomsk']I'm starting a group for people who will buy every new(upcoming) PSN game that is $20 or less. With 5 people, that will be $4 or less per game. This will include all PS3 games, NOT any PSP or PSX games. No DLC, No themes or add-ons. Just games that have trophies.

PM me AND post a reply here if you're interested.[/QUOTE]

Hi man

That sounds interesting, but would the commitment be EVERY new game released? I mean, not every game is even 'decent' let alone good. Would we have a vote on the group to decide on each game? or just blindly purchase every new game?

i have the following shares:

Guitar Hero PAL VERSION

Hard Rock Track Pack
Rise Against Track Pack
Victory Track Pack
Alexisonfire - Young Cardinals
Within Temptation - What Have You Done
Incubus - Drive
Ram Jam - Black Betty

4.10 Euros 3 slots free

and Guitar Hero 3 PAL VERSION

Modern Metal Track Pack
No Doubt Track Pack
Classic Rock Track Pack
Warner Track Pack
Velvet Revolver Track Pack
Foo Fighters Track Pack

5 Euros 3 slots free(normal price for this would be 7.2 euros each)

Rock Band US VERSION
share with like + 200 songs in it, if you want list ask for it

60$ 2 slots left (normal price would be 70$ each)

[quote name='zenithyoda']Try this once more....

1. zenithyoda
2. asthmatic
3. johnnyrocker360

I will make a social group once we get 5 people who are interested.[/QUOTE]

I'm interested. Pm sent.

[quote name='zenithyoda']

1. Assassin Creed 2
- Battle of Forli
- Bonfire of the Vanities

2. Call of Duty: MW2
- Map Packs

3. Heavy Rain
- Heavy Rain Chronicles Episodes
- Dynamic Theme??

If interested, send me a PM. If I get enough response, I will make a group.[/QUOTE]

1. zenithyoda
2. asthmatic
3. johnnyrocker360

AC2 DLC is already bought and ready to download.
I will buy all the DLCs, and only request payment at the end.

Thanks!

[quote name='erequena']Hi man

That sounds interesting, but would the commitment be EVERY new game released? I mean, not every game is even 'decent' let alone good. Would we have a vote on the group to decide on each game? or just blindly purchase every new game?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I should have been more specific. We'd vote and get a game as long as most of the people want it. I just want to avoid a situation where there's one guy who says "I don't want that game, I don't want to contribute my 2.50." But then everyone else pays and that guy ends up playing it anyway. In a situation like that, we'd have to kick out the deadbeats and end up paying more per person.

Hi. I would like to join a group. What i'm looking for are alot of psn games, ps1 and ps2 classics (silent hill, metal gear, resident evil..those types of series), themes and all types of stuff but really I am not buying ac2 or any new game anytime soon as I already have a 360 and have no intentions of buying any new games yet as I don't even play what I currently have much anyways but I would like to gameshare psn games, classic games and much more. If you have a slot available please send me a PM. Thanks

Hey,
I have two accounts to share, with the following on them:

Account One (1 share left)
- Bomberman: Ultra
- Texas Cheat'em
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta

Account Two (2 shares left)
- Braid
- Noby Noby Boy

I'm interested in any of the following:
- Burnout: Paradise (EU)
- Diner Dash
- Trine
- Frogger Classic
- NHL 3 on 3 Arcade
- Cuboid
- .detuned
- Assassin's Creed 2 DLC (EU)

I've conducted three PSN gameshares on CAG, all of which have gone well, and in addition to my iTrader feedback, I can offer 100% positive eBay feedback on request.

Hope we can work something out!

i just bought WORMS and NOBY NOBY BOY if anyone is interested in a share. im only accepting trades. also i still have 1 share of BATTLEFIELD 1943 on a different account.

I'm interested, but just want to join 1 account that has a bunch of stuff on it. I don't want to have several accounts on my ps3 as I already have 2 of my own and 1 which I used to share with friends and they left so i'm stuck with that one now. I'm looking for a gameshare account that has psone classics like resident evil 1-3, metal slug, metal gear solid, silent hill and newer games like everyday shooter and various stuff. If you've got something like that and an open slot please PM me! I am going to buy a few psn cards in a bit so i'll be ready to go.

I'm starting up another gameshare, this time for Fat Princess. Please PM me if interested.

PSN Retail: $15
Gameshare cost: $3 each

Current slots are:

Slot 1: iamthekiller
Slot 2: evilboi
Slot 3: exileinoblivion
Slot 4: tekzor
Slot 5: coolbob

I have a PSN account that has never been used, but has $40 worth of credit on it (from 2 $20 psn cards). I would like to sell for $40 paypal. I will change all the info to yours and it will be your account.

If anyone is about to create a new account, please consider just buying it from me. I don't want this account. I had to use the cards because I sold them on ebay but was scammed (the ebay buyer's account was hacked so they filed a paypal dispute) To avoid losing the cards, I used them quickly on a new account. Now I have an account with $40 on it but I already have all the DLC I want.

[quote name='hotrocks']
I have a PSN account that has never been used, but has $40 worth of credit on it (from 2 $20 psn cards). I would like to sell for $40 paypal. I will change all the info to yours and it will be your account.

If anyone is about to create a new account, please consider just buying it from me. I don't want this account. I had to use the cards because I sold them on ebay but was scammed (the ebay buyer's account was hacked so they filed a paypal dispute) To avoid losing the cards, I used them quickly on a new account. Now I have an account with $40 on it but I already have all the DLC I want.
[/QUOTE]

Whats the point of paying 40 dollars for a account worth 40 dollars?:roll:

[quote name='atomsk']I'm starting a group for people who will buy every new(upcoming) PSN game that is $20 or less. With 5 people, that will be $4 or less per game. This will include all PS3 games, NOT any PSP or PSX games. No DLC, No themes or add-ons. Just games that have trophies.

PM me AND post a reply here if you're interested.[/QUOTE]

Hey I am interested in joining this group. I have a steady income and you can ask mightymek if you need a reference concerning psn gamesharing.

[quote name='Ernie']Whats the point of paying 40 dollars for a account worth 40 dollars?:roll:[/QUOTE]

i agree some1 could just take their 40 bucks to a retailer for 2 psn cards. if what you said was true and you dont want to use the 40 dollars in credit why dont you offer them at a discounted price? you were unfortunate to have to do what you did but if you really dont want it you might have to eat a loss to recover some of your cash. unless of course a really kind person wanted to help you out. also was the gigantic font necessary?

Highly doubt anyone would pay you $40 in exchange for $40 of psn store credit..that is really laughable. Anyways, I now have $60 in psn cards (3 x $20 psn cards) and am looking to join a gamesharing group that has alot of games available. If I don't get any offers by tonight i'll just use them on my regular account and get stuff on my own. By the way, aside from the $60 of psn cards I have I will also continue to buy things regularly as there is so much that i'd like to get.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Highly doubt anyone would pay you $40 in exchange for $40 of psn store credit..that is really laughable. Anyways, I now have $60 in psn cards (3 x $20 psn cards) and am looking to join a gamesharing group that has alot of games available. If I don't get any offers by tonight i'll just use them on my regular account and get stuff on my own. By the way, aside from the $60 of psn cards I have I will also continue to buy things regularly as there is so much that i'd like to get.[/QUOTE]

i sent you a private message . im still waiting for your reply

Still have one share of Uno left, still selling it at the sale price of 80 cents. If you bought it now, it would cost $2 for one share.
PM me if interested.

[quote name='zenithyoda']

1. Assassin Creed 2
- Battle of Forli
- Bonfire of the Vanities

2. Call of Duty: MW2
- Map Packs

3. Heavy Rain
- Heavy Rain Chronicles Episodes
- Dynamic Theme??

1. zenithyoda
2. asthmatic
3. johnnyrocker360

AC2 DLC is already bought and ready to download.

I will buy all the DLCs, and only request payment at the end.

You will get access to the DLC once you join our social group.

Thanks!

[quote name='iamthekiller']I'm starting up another gameshare, this time for Fat Princess. Please PM me if interested.

PSN Retail: $15
Gameshare cost: $3 each

Current slots are:

Slot 1: iamthekiller
Slot 2: evilboi
Slot 3: exileinoblivion
Slot 4: tekzor
Slot 5: coolbob

All slots are taken.

[quote name='hotrocks']

[/QUOTE]

i was extremely inconvenienced by scammers on ebay and was hoping a NICE person who was about to spend $40 or more could just use my account instead. They wouldn't have to go out and buy $40 worth of cards, or spend the time setting up an account and using a CC or something. So this could possibly be quicker and easier for them. I'm not trying to sell this as a deal, im just trying to get rid of it to someone who is gonna spend the money either way.

[quote name='hotrocks']i was extremely inconvenienced by scammers on ebay and was hoping a NICE person who was about to spend $40 or more could just use my account instead. They wouldn't have to go out and buy $40 worth of cards, or spend the time setting up an account and using a CC or something. So this could possibly be quicker and easier for them. I'm not trying to sell this as a deal, im just trying to get rid of it to someone who is gonna spend the money either way.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes you have to take a loss when you get screwed. Nobody is going to give you $40 for a $40 PSN account, no matter how nice they are. There's nothing in it for them.

[quote name='hotrocks']i was extremely inconvenienced by scammers on ebay and was hoping a NICE person who was about to spend $40 or more could just use my account instead. They wouldn't have to go out and buy $40 worth of cards, or spend the time setting up an account and using a CC or something. So this could possibly be quicker and easier for them. I'm not trying to sell this as a deal, im just trying to get rid of it to someone who is gonna spend the money either way.[/QUOTE]

CAGs in this thread share PSN content for 1/5 the price each. I don't think anyone in this thread is going to purchase a $40 account for themselves.

In order to appeal to anyone in this thread, you are going to have to get a group of 5 people wanting to share $40 worth of content on one account.

It's going to be tough finding a group with those specifics needs while offering the account at no discount at all. Offer a $5-10 discount and you might get a group that is interested.

Otherwise, offer the account in another forum on the site.

also take this into consideration: whoever did buy the account, would have to create another login and deal with recovering the account and all. I've already got the account logins and don't want so many on my system. I might get it off you but not for $40 even as everyone has stated, it would need to be a deal for anyone to really take interest in it. If you have a slot open with dlc, game add-ons, psn games and classics then PM me please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back