CAG PSN Gaming Group [ ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Okay I really like Resistance and Tekken on the weekends. I don't know if anyone one else does but to me that would be the best days for them. Seeing as most people have every weekend off, whether it be work or going to school. This is what I'd like to see just throwing my two cents out.[/quote]

I would also like to see Resistance on the weekends.

Also, kinda OT, but what camera do you use in F1 for those who have it? I think the first cockpit cam with the camera pulled a little bit back allows the best view of the road ahead but then it's hard to see the surrounding cars.

The thing is that I don't want to touch anybody. The AI drivers actively try to avoid collisions. I couldn't see human opponents reacting as quickly as they do. Basically I'm asking what's the best camera for the game.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Okay I really like Resistance and Tekken on the weekends. I don't know if anyone one else does but to me that would be the best days for them. Seeing as most people have every weekend off, whether it be work or going to school. This is what I'd like to see just throwing my two cents out.

*= Don't rotate it.

*Sunday*: Tekken DR (Fighting games night)

Monday: Calling All Cars. (PSN game night, rotate after a week)

Tuesday: Marvel Ultimate Alliance/Armored Core4/ GRAW2. (Action game night, rotate after a week)

Wednesday: MotorStorm/Ridge Racer 7/Formula One: CE/NFS. (Racing game night, rotate after a week)

Thursday: NCAA08/Madden08/Fifa/FNR3. (Sports night, rotate after a week)

*Friday*: Warhawk. (Online only games night.)

*Saturday*: Resistance, R6 Vegas, The Darkness. (FPS night.)[/QUOTE]Yeah, I'm probably going to do Sunday, Saturday, and Friday like you said. However, the whole reason why I split FPS is because there's quite a bit playing Resistance and R6 Vegas. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are still up in the air for the most part. Like I said, I gotta read everyones profile to figure out what the best day and time is.

[quote name='primetime']I would also like to see Resistance on the weekends.

Also, kinda OT, but what camera do you use in F1 for those who have it? I think the first cockpit cam with the camera pulled a little bit back allows the best view of the road ahead but then it's hard to see the surrounding cars.

The thing is that I don't want to touch anybody. The AI drivers actively try to avoid collisions. I couldn't see human opponents reacting as quickly as they do. Basically I'm asking what's the best camera for the game.[/QUOTE]Personally, I use the camera zoomed out, but not a lot, to see my vehicle. I've been using that camera all my life in Formula One racing games.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']don't expect Tekken 5 this thursday... most likely next week or the following.. namco is working on some issues.[/QUOTE]

fuck.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Yeah, I'm probably going to do Sunday, Saturday, and Friday like you said. However, the whole reason why I split FPS is because there's quite a bit playing Resistance and R6 Vegas. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are still up in the air for the most part. Like I said, I gotta read everyones profile to figure out what the best day and time is.
[/QUOTE]

Just throwing my two cents in there mana, I'm sure you'll make it right. ;)

CAG Name: oleander
PSN Name: neriumoleander
Nickname: oleander
Headset: yes
Keyboard: yes
USB Camera: yes
Play Style: fun
Time Zone: Pacific
Days, Time Available: pretty much any night
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: RFoM, RB, GH3, EoJ, GTA4
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: RFoM
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game This Year: Resistance 2
Favorite genres to play online: FPS

CAG Name: Animefalcon
PSN Name: Zer0wn3D
Nickname: zero
Headset: no but soon
Keyboard: Yes
USB Camera: No
Play Style: For Fun
Time Zone: eastern
Days, Time Avalable: Everday after 7:30 PM *when im not playing WOW)
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: R:FOM
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: none
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game This Year: Warhawk/T5:DR
Favorite genres to play online: Fighters/MMO

CAG Name: Mr. Wiggly
PSN Name: Kellk
Nickname: Wiggly, Kellk, or Alex are all fine
Headset: Yes
USB Camera: None
Play Style: Fun
Time Zone: EDT
Days, Time Available: Most evenings after 9pm
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Resistance: FOM
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Resistance: FOM
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game This Year: CoD4
Favorite genres to play online: Shooters, Dungeon Crawlers

since schedule isn't up yet, is anyone up for some resistance tommorrows or tonights? I got work off tommorrow and classes haven't started yet so I thought i would get some time with resistances online. Anyone interested?

All right, I apologize to everyone for taking so long, but I have two days mostly set now:

Saturday = Resistance: Fall of Man starting at 9pm or 9:30 EST (6pm or 6:30pm PST). Reason I considered 9:30pm is there are some who have to get off at 11pm, and someone can't start until 9:30pm EST. Unfortunately, around 30% did not fit in too well with the time and I apologize for that.

I think I might make Wednesday Calling All Cars or PSN game night (not Tekken 5 DR though). Reason is that everyone on the schedule fit for Wednesday (at 9pm EST at least), unless I missed something. On Monday, everyone but one person fit.

I'll work on Warhawk, Tekken DR next.

Lastly, I'll figure out where to put Rainbow Six Vegas, Racers, sports, and other stuff.

CAG Name: chimpian
PSN Name: chimpian
Nickname: ian
Headset: no, maybe soon
Keyboard: no
Play Style: For Fun
Time Zone: eastern
Days, Time Avalable: Varies
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: R:FOM
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: none
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game This Year: Warhawk
Favorite genres to play online: Adventure/Action, FPS

feel free to message me
im from NJ

Hlaf bump for the new owners and half updating to myself now having a headset. Please change my info Mana, thanks.

Just letting some people know I ended up cleaning up my friends list last night. Realizing I had no idea who half the people were or what games they played ect. If you want to add me let me know and what games you have so it isn't like that again.

CAG Name: Loonknight
PSN Name: Loonknight
Nickname: None.
USB Camera: Yes
Play Style: Fun and recreation.
Time Zone: PST
Days, Time Available: Monday, Friday. Nights after 10PM until around 3AM.
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Warhawk, Buzz Quiz TV, GTA IV, Metal Gear IV, Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds, Burnout Paradise, Rockband, Soulcalibur IV, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Dark Kingdom, Civilization Revolution, Little Big Planet (getting it release date).
PSN Multi-player Games Owned: Geon, Wipeout, Mortal Kombat II, Gauntlet II, Calling all Cars, 1942: Joint Strike, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection, Joust.
PSN Multi-player Games that will be purchased upon release: Crash Commando, Fat Princess
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Warhawk, soon to be Little Big Planet
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game This Year: Little Big Planet
Favorite genres to play online: no favorite I enjoy all of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, I had to delete a bunch from my friends list (You better not have deleted me Silent. :p). There are a few (won't say names, but they haven't posted in this thread) who are destined to be removed, once a few really good friends of mine get a PS3 soon. There are also some people who I'd NEVER remove unless we got into a really big fight (some of you probably know who you are. ;) ).

All right, I'll update you primetime. I look to fully get this group running when Warhawk and maybe Tekken 5 DR online comes out (if it's not too late).

EDIT: Everyone, be sure to check your info and be sure it's right. Also, make sure I have you listed on the games you own. I found a few errors, and I probably made more.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Lol, I had to delete a bunch from my friends list (You better not have deleted me Silent. :p). There are a few (won't say names, but they haven't posted in this thread) who are destined to be removed, once a few really good friends of mine get a PS3 soon. There are also some people who I'd NEVER remove unless we got into a really big fight (some of you probably know who you are. ;) ).

All right, I'll update you primetime. I look to fully get this group running when Warhawk and maybe Tekken 5 DR online comes out (if it's not too late).

EDIT: Everyone, be sure to check your info and be sure it's right. Also, make sure I have you listed on the games you own. I found a few errors, and I probably made more.[/QUOTE]

Ha ha no worries man, you're still on there. ;) Some of them were from random people and some Cags I didn't know. Plus I reached my limit when I went to add a friend I knew. I started going through my list and I was like who the hell are these people? I went from 50 people to around 25 lol. Also when you remove someone from your list, it also removes your name from their list. I thought that was kinda odd but yeah lol.

Hmm only thing I'd like to change on mine is to cut a few games from this list:

Most Anticipated Multi-player Game This Year: Tekken DR, Metal gear online, Unreal Tournament 3, Haze.

to just this

Most Anticipated Multi-player Game This Year: Unreal Tournament 3, and Haze.

Since I'll be getting Warhawk over the weekend (As long as I can find it) and with the possibility of Tekken 5 DR online coming out, I'll get this group fully running next week hopefully.

Lastly, if anyone has an update (such as buying Warhawk, getting a headset, or any other game), mention it and I'll work on this.

Not yet, but since there is a pretty good selection of games now (with Warhawk and Tekken, along with more people with headsets), I think we can start sometime next week.

I'll update the list of games and info too.

Thanks! I had sold Resistance awhile ago so I've been waiting for Warhawk and Tekken to play with everyone. If anyone is up for playing a bit tonight, drop me a msg.

[quote name='metaly']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3257619&postcount=22

Just updated my info with today's releases. Mana, how do you prefer we keep our info updated? Edit the old post every once in a while and PM you, just post our new info as a new reply, just PM you the info directly... etc.

I got Puzzle Fighter and Tekken by the way, so look for me if you need some free wins. I'll try to add some people this weekend.[/QUOTE]I really don't care. You can either make a new reply in this thread, send me a PM, send me a message on PSN, whatever. Do what you want and I'll be sure to update it.

Anyway, I went through everyone's wishlist and added the games they wanted (which just came out) assuming they got them. I haven't completely straightened out the headset listing on older games (* by your name means headset. Games without headset won't list it).

Also, I put in some place holder days and time. I'll mess with the schedule later, maybe moving some days and changing times.

I'll officially setup times soon.

You can add me to GRAW2 (though I haven't played it online yet), and I see I'm already in Warhawk. Thanks for keeping this updated Mana. :applause:

CAG Name: XMastaCrackaX
PSN Name: XMastaCrackaX
Nickname: Cracka
Keyboard: No
USB Camera: Yes but not plugged in usually
Play Style: Play for fun thats what its all about. Having convos with people of different backrounds
Days, Time Available: Everynight usually
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Tekken DR
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Tekken DR
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game This Year: Haze
Favorite genres to play online: Usually FPS and teambased games.

CAG Name: alienaub
PSN Name: alienaub
Play Style: Mainly fun except in sport's games, its about winning
Time Zone: CST
Days, Time Available: Varies
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Rainbow Six: Vegas, GRAW2, Warhawk, Calling all Cars, NCAA Football 08
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Warhawk
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game This Year: Call of Duty: Modern Warfighter
Favorite genres to play online: Shooting and sports

CAG Name: -GoodFella-
PSN Name: xGOODFELLAx
Nickname: Goodfella
Play Style: Play for fun
Time Zone: EST
Days, Time Available: Evenings
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Resistance,Resistance 2 Tekken 5 DR, Warhawk, MGS4, WipeOut HD
Favorite genres to play online: Sports, Fighters, FPS, Racing

have, other than a few games, certain nights been confirmed???? I'd like this to be a regular thing with all titles rather than just sparodicly a few of the bigger named ones.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']have, other than a few games, certain nights been confirmed???? I'd like this to be a regular thing with all titles rather than just sparodicly a few of the bigger named ones.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I want to keep this a regular thing, but not everything has been worked out. I 100% apologize for this taking a while. Originally, the problem was most people just had Resistance and Calling All Cars, while everything else was too scarce (so grouping other days would have been difficult). Now, Tekken 5 DR online and Warhawk are out (and it's mostly been crazy since those are the two games people want to play). I hope by late next week, some of it dies down, and we can be more organized. Part of the hold up now is:
-I've been crazy busy, but I should have everything control by my birthday (in two days).
-For games like Warhawk and Resistance, I really want to fit them in during the perfect time, so the CAG clan can play on that particular day mostly. Those two games will still weekly for a while, due to high participation.
-Some days I'm not completely sure about the grouping and have to work with. I'm also unsure if I want to do 7 days a week or less (like 5 or something). I understand many CAG Members have lives outside of gaming, so I want to take that into account.
-Not sure yet if I want Tekken 5 DR weekly or every other week (unfortunately, the online isn't setup as nice as I was hoping, where we could just create a CAG room and set a password).

The good news is that I have the perfect time to play from everyone and all their info I need, so something can definitely be organized.

CAG Name: Chitown021
PSN Name: Chitown021
Nickname: None.
Play Style: Fun and recreation.
Days, Time Available: After 6:00PM generally
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Calling all Cars, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Madden 09, MLB 08' The Show, Metal Gear Solid 4
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Calling all Cars
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game This Year: none
Favorite genres to play online: none

Feel free to add me to your buddy lists if you'd like.

CAG Name: wizard341
PSN Name: wizard341
Nickname: wiz
Play Style: Fun
Days, Time Available:
Mon : 7p - 11p PST
Tue : 7p - 11p PST
Wed : 7p - 11p PST
Thur : 7p - 11p PST
Fri : 11p - I fall asleep
Sat 11p - I fall asleep
Sun - 10a - 11p PST

PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned:
GRAW2
Resistance
Super Puzzle Fighter
Motorstorm
Warhawk
Unreal Tournament 3
Metal Gear Solid 4
Guitar Hero 3
Eye of Judgement
Grand Theft Auto 4

Favorite genres to play online: Anything that invovles cooperating with others. Mostly First person shooters, but RTS games too (on PC of course).

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']ummm why Tekken DR on sundays? bad night IMHO.[/QUOTE]I can work on that. Part of the reason I had it on that day was by requests from someone, but if I get a better idea with the time Tekken owners have, I'll re-arrange it. I think I'll make Sunday a lighter day (not put up a big game on that day). Regardless, I'm going to move days around and such.

Updated!

PSN Name: cthulhu8u
CAG Name: Cthulhu8u
Nickname: Kuh-too-loo (does that help?)
Play Style: Recreation
Time Zone: EST
Days, Time Available: Days, Time Available: After 7pm weekdays, varying times on weekends
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Warhawk, COD4, Resistance 1 & 2, R6V, Blazing Angels, Rock Band, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, LBP
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Warhawk, LBP
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2009: dunno...
Favorite genres to play online: any I guess

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I can work on that. Part of the reason I had it on that day was by requests from someone, but if I get a better idea with the time Tekken owners have, I'll re-arrange it. I think I'll make Sunday a lighter day (not put up a big game on that day). Regardless, I'm going to move days around and such.[/quote]

Eh, I think the schedule's looking pretty good right now. Of course, I don't have Tekken so I can't speak for that.

Do whatever you think works out though. I probably can't make Tuesdays and Thursdays for a couple months anyway.

CAG Name: DrumXGeneral
PSN Name: DrumXGeneral
Nickname: General
Play Style: I play to win but I dont get mad if I dont. I dont trash talk unless the people I am playing against do. I just like to have a good time playing video games.
Days, Time Available: Weekends and most of the time after 5 o'clock
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Warhawk
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game This Year: Team Fortress 2
Favorite genres to play online: Shooters and Fighters and eventually LittleBigPlanet

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I can work on that. Part of the reason I had it on that day was by requests from someone, but if I get a better idea with the time Tekken owners have, I'll re-arrange it. I think I'll make Sunday a lighter day (not put up a big game on that day). Regardless, I'm going to move days around and such.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think the more casual games should hit on sundays due to school happening for most people the next day.

update:
CAG Name:177adjen17
PSN Name: jenngotmad
Nickname: "madjenn" will do
Headset: yes - jabra5010
Keyboard: no not yet, eventually
USB Camera: eyetoy
Play Style: mostly for fun,
Days, Time Available: for now, anyday past 11pm, my work schedule changes constantly
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: just R6 & TDR online
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: TDR online
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game This Year: little big planet
Favorite genres to play online: fighting & FPS

thx mana :)

Move it where ever you want Mana. Half the time Tekken sucks ass online anyway. With the network errors and lag sure am glad I didn't waste $10 on it. My friend on the other hand is not happy lol.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Move it where ever you want Mana. Half the time Tekken sucks ass online anyway. With the network errors and lag sure am glad I didn't waste $10 on it. My friend on the other hand is not happy lol.[/QUOTE]

actually, when you do it through friend invites, the lag is minimal. every game I've joined from a friend or invited has been great.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']actually, when you do it through friend invites, the lag is minimal. every game I've joined from a friend or invited has been great.[/QUOTE]

Hmm really? I may pick it up sometime, just not 100% sure when. We have a lot of great games coming out, and I just want to make sure I have the cash for all of them. Once I get them all, I may get the patch and do the invites like you suggested. Thanks RR.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Move it where ever you want Mana. Half the time Tekken sucks ass online anyway. With the network errors and lag sure am glad I didn't waste $10 on it. My friend on the other hand is not happy lol.[/QUOTE]Well, from what I gather, there is ONLY big lag when you do voicechat. My internet connection isn't the greatest, but once I keep voice chat off, the connection is mostly stable (not much lag at all, compared to many XBL fighters such as DoA and GGX2 #Reloaded). As for network errors, I rarely get them, eventhough I'm on a NAT Type 3 connection. The only problem I have is searching for games where you weren't invited, isn't as easy as it could be.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Early October. Don't get Live, please, you will regret it.[/quote]
i have 2k7 but i am getting Live. The dynasty mode in Live is a billion times better then 2ks, but over the past few years 2ks gameplay has been vastly superior. i think that will change this year, but then again I always wait for reviews, either way i'm gettin a NBA game this year. The season couldn't come any sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back