USB Camera: Yes
Play Style: Fun, but I do hate losing all the time
Time Zone: EST
Available: Weekday evenings 8pm-11pm, Friday and Saturday nights 7pm-2am
PS3 Online MP Games: Motorstorm, Warhawk
Current Favorite MP Game: CoD4 (but I have 360 version), Warhawk on PS3 so far
Most Anticipated MP game in 2008: Not sure. Maybe Metal Gear Online
Favorite genres to play online: FPS, TPS, racing

I'm really looking for some people to play Warhawk with. I picked it up this weekend and played about 10-15 games. Just learning the ropes, but I was disappointed with the lack of people using voice chat and lack of team play in most of the games I played.

CAG Name: Methadon

PSN Name: DJ_Pyra-C

Nickname:
Pyro/Pyra

Headset:
yes

Keyboard
: yes

USB Camera:
no

Play Style:
I have fun when I play. Nuff said.

Time Zone:
CST

Days, Time Available:
most nights, definitely no Saturdays, tho

PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned:
Call Of Duty 4, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Folklore, Resistance: FOM, Tekken 5, NBA Street Homecourt

Current Favorite Multi-player Game:
COD4

Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2008:
Metal Gear Solid 4

Favorite genres to play online:
Games I have :)

All right, I updated the master list along with updated the schedule. I REALLY want to fit more game nights in, like Rainbow Six Vegas 2, some more PSN games, GT5: Prologue in the near future. CAG PSN Gaming is really growing and I'd like to keep this trend up.

FYI, I updated the original post with links to every game thread, so it will be much easier on everyone who may wonder where a thread is located.

CAG Name: aznguyen316
PSN Name: JizzyFTW
Nickname: Jiz, Jon, Jonathan
Headset: Yes
Keyboard: No
USB Camera: No
Play Style: Recreational
Time Zone: CST
Days, Time Available: unknown/random often afternoons more than nights
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Resistance 2 Beta
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Resistance 2 Beta
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2008: Far Cry 2
Favorite genres to play online: FPS
--
hi

Last edited by a moderator:
I added your info aznguyen316. ;) Yeah, that's what the CAG PSN Gaming Group is here for, to bring people together who may lack friends with a PS3. I've definitely developed a very good friendship with some in the group and always glad to get more into CAG PSN Gaming. As you get more games over time, I think you'll fit in well.

If enough have interests in Dark Sector, I will try making a night for it (although I know its online isn't much).

CAG Name: terribledeli
PSN Name: terribledeli
Nickname: deli
Headset: no
Keyboard: no
USB Camera: no
Play Style: fer fun
Days, Time Available: most evenings
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: warhawk
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: warhawk
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2008: nothing yet.
Favorite genres to play online: whatever

I assume you're at the 50 friends maximum TMK? haha I really like the CAG community so I do hope to make a friend or two on the PS3.. rock on!

oh also, don't worry about Dark Sector online, I'm not too concerned with it. You're right it isn't much and not worth the effort of getting something together.. now what I am REALLY excited for is setting up a CAG night for Metal Gear Online wooohooo got my Beta key ready to d/l come Apr. 17 =D

[quote name='aznguyen316']I assume you're at the 50 friends maximum TMK? haha I really like the CAG community so I do hope to make a friend or two on the PS3.. rock on!

oh also, don't worry about Dark Sector online, I'm not too concerned with it. You're right it isn't much and not worth the effort of getting something together.. now what I am REALLY excited for is setting up a CAG night for Metal Gear Online wooohooo got my Beta key ready to d/l come Apr. 17 =D[/quote]
Yeah... I'm pretty sure having TMK is every little boy's/girl's dream come true.;)

If you're looking for PSN friends just invite some people from this list that have the same games as you, or if you get into Warhawk, people from the CAG clan.

I assume you're at the 50 friends maximum TMK? haha I really like the CAG community so I do hope to make a friend or two on the PS3.. rock on!

oh also, don't worry about Dark Sector online, I'm not too concerned with it. You're right it isn't much and not worth the effort of getting something together.. now what I am REALLY excited for is setting up a CAG night for Metal Gear Online wooohooo got my Beta key ready to d/l come Apr. 17 =D

[quote name='aznguyen316']I assume you're at the 50 friends maximum TMK? haha I really like the CAG community so I do hope to make a friend or two on the PS3.. rock on!

oh also, don't worry about Dark Sector online, I'm not too concerned with it. You're right it isn't much and not worth the effort of getting something together.. now what I am REALLY excited for is setting up a CAG night for Metal Gear Online wooohooo got my Beta key ready to d/l come Apr. 17 =D[/quote]
Yeah... I'm pretty sure having TMK is every little boy's/girl's dream come true.;)

If you're looking for PSN friends just invite some people from this list that have the same games as you, or if you get into Warhawk, people from the CAG clan.

Me too..Some cags may have to get pruned from the list..

Edit- Ill make sure to never post immediately after hone b/c it looks pretty dumb... :)

I updated the list. Please, if anyone has information to update, do not hesitate to post it. I also split up the list so there wouldn't have to be so much scrolling.

oh also, don't worry about Dark Sector online, I'm not too concerned with it. You're right it isn't much and not worth the effort of getting something together.. now what I am REALLY excited for is setting up a CAG night for Metal Gear Online wooohooo got my Beta key ready to d/l come Apr. 17 =D[/QUOTE]Expect a PM here shortly. :)

[quote name='mguiddy']Yeah... I'm pretty sure having TMK is every little boy's/girl's dream come true.;)

If you're looking for PSN friends just invite some people from this list that have the same games as you, or if you get into Warhawk, people from the CAG clan.[/QUOTE]That's very nice of you to say. ;)
[quote name='hone']I recommend the latter. There are a bunch of people who I invited in the beginning that I don't interact with. : /[/QUOTE]Post your info. :) I want to know since you might be added by a certain someone, one day.

CAG Name: metrognome
PSN Name: metrognome
Nickname: gnome
Headset: usb, I can hear but the mic wont work in games for some reason
Keyboard: no
USB Camera: no
Play Style: fun, friendly competition in sports games
Days, Time Available: most evenings after 10 or 11
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: NBA 08, warhawk, skate, resistance, Madden 08
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Action-Warhawk Sports-NBA 08
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2008: Metal Gear Online/Force Unleashed
Favorite genres to play online: Any

Always looking for some good opponents for NBA 08...

I just realized I've never posted in here before... Mana, can you you add this info for COD4 and for HSG? Thanks!

Example:
CAG Name: sprintfinanceguy
PSN Name: sprintfinanceguy
Nickname: Jamie/sprint
Headset: YES
Keyboard: Yes, but I don't use it much.
USB Camera: Not yet
Play Style: Fun mostly, pretty competitive on COD4
Days, Time Available: most any nights after 9 central
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Resistance, COD4, HSGOoB, Madden2008
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: COD4 and HSGOoB
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2008: Not sure...
Favorite genres to play online: sports, FPS

I, too have never officially added my info.

CAG Name:
bornrunnin31
PSN Name: x3x1x
Nickname: Triple X
USB Camera: Yes.
Play Style: With CAG, for fun!
Days, Time Available: Evenings
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: GTA4, WARHAWK, COD4, Rock Band2, Resistance2, LBP, GRAW 2, UT3, Battlefield Bad Company, Hot Shots OoB, Tom Clancey's Endwar, Soul Calibur 4
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: UT3, BFBC and Reistance2
Favorite genres to play online: Whatever's good.

[quote name='sprintfinanceguy']I just realized I've never posted in here before... Mana, can you you add this info for COD4 and for HSG? Thanks![/QUOTE]I just added. Sorry for the delay.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']
Nickname: Triple X
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2008: GTA IV for now. We NEED a CAG Night!!!
[/QUOTE]I will call you that from now on.

As for GTA IV night.......I dunno (all I know is that I'm not handling it. ;) ).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I just added. Sorry for the delay.

I will call you that from now on.

As for GTA IV night.......I dunno (all I know is that I'm not handling it. ;) ).[/quote]

My name was originally supposed to actually contain the x's in order, but I was a ps3 noob at the time of creation, so couldn't get the psn to like it. I just threw in numbers, but now when ever someone tries to call me out they try to just spell it out, which sounds like a hassle and waste of breath.

Well, I suppose I could try to coordinate during the summer. But, most likely not host because I'm not sure how strong the internet is at my home.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Well, I suppose I could try to coordinate during the summer. But, most likely not host because I'm not sure how strong the internet is at my home.[/quote]

There will be no shortage of people with this game. I'm one of those with a pre-order. I'll be willing to host if needed. Judging by the current hands-on info from various sites on the MP aspect, this game is going to own!

CAG Name: XxSmityxX
PSN Name: smity1982
Nickname: Smity?
Keyboard: Yes
USB Camera: NO
Play Style: Play For FUN
Days, Time Available: Mon. - Fri. 6:00pm to 11:00pm ; Sat - Sun ALL DAY
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Tekken DR Online
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Tekken? (Frontlines for 360!!! LOL)
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2008: MGO
Favorite genres to play online: FPS

[quote name='StrandedBrit']There will be no shortage of people with this game. I'm one of those with a pre-order. I'll be willing to host if needed. Judging by the current hands-on info from various sites on the MP aspect, this game is going to own![/QUOTE]It's because I have a huge grudge against GTA (kind of like me with Tom Clancy, Madden, and some other stuff). I just won't ever buy it nor will I bother organizing any game night for it. I might do GT5 Prologue, maybe Wipeout HD (if Rolento doesn't do it), probably Socom, and so on.

Anyway, list updated again.

Ill help you out with hosting this summer Stranded..I cannot wait for some GTA4 MP.

CAG Name: bornrunnin31
Nickname: TRIPLE X

That's funny because every time I've played with you I never knew what to call you by. So that was probably me like "x3x1, where you at"? It is a bunch of mumbling really, so triple x is much easier..

[quote name='smiggity']Ill help you out with hosting this summer Stranded..I cannot wait for some GTA4 MP.

CAG Name: bornrunnin31
Nickname: TRIPLE X

That's funny because every time I've played with you I never knew what to call you by. So that was probably me like "x3x1, where you at"? It is a bunch of mumbling really, so triple x is much easier..[/quote]

Ha, guess I should've made it clearer sooner that that's the effect I was going for. But, when I created my username I didn't think I'd be playing with so many people who don't know my human name. :roll:

I actually know many first names within CAG PSN (I am psychic), but I usually don't say their real name unless I truly have problems pronouncing their PSN and CAG name (I usually just call Triple X "bornrunnin in game"). Most probably know my real name anyway so I don't care. ;)

Anyway, GTA IV and GT5P will be inserted into the group shortly. I will either remove slots, move games around, or just add onto it.

For GTA IV, I'm thinking Sunday or Monday, but I might consider moving CoD4 over IF GTAIV eclipses it in popularity.

For GT5P, I like Tuesday, unless we decide to replace it over Burnout P, but I rather not since both are different. When Wipeout HD comes, I'll probably just have two racing nights total, where one racer alternates or gets removed all together.

I updated the list, but I need to update the OP title. I need to figure out from Buddah8640 how he will do Rock Band night so I can fit it in here. Also, GT5P will fit in here too.

CAG Name: SeanAmI122886
PSN Name: SeanAmI
Nickname: Sean
USB Camera: Yes
Play Style: Play for fun.
Days, Time Available: Mon. - Fri. After 5 pm; Sat - Sun ALL DAY, Always subject to change.
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Resistance, Warhawk
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Resistance, Warhawk
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2008: Metal Gear Online
Favorite genres to play online: FPS and Fighting

PSN Name: metaly
Headset: yes
Keyboard: yes
USB Camera: yes
Play Style: recreation
Time Zone: Pacific
Days, Time Available: weeknights after 7, weekends almost any time
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Soulcalibur IV, SOCOM, Warhawk (all boosters), LittleBigPlanet, GTA4, Rock Band 2; less played:
SSF2HDR, Wipeout HD, Burnout Paradise, Call of Duty 4, Metal Gear Online (metaly), Tekken 5 DR, Puzzle Fighter, Ridge Racer 7
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Soulcalibur IV, SOCOM, GTA4
Most Anticipated Multi-player Games: Bomberman Ultra, Soulcalibur V, Capcom VS. SNK 3
Favorite genres to play online: no preference

I updated the info for the people who posted.

Here is probably going to be the schedule in the near future (If Haze turns out to be popular, I may put it on Thursday):
Sunday
-Tekken 5: DR Online 12am EST (9pm PST Saturday for West Coast)
-GTA IV

Monday
-GT5P 9 or 10pm EST (this might move, any a placeholder).

Tuesday
-GTAIV
-Wipeout HD (maybe) and other PSN games

Wednesday
-Hot Shots Golf: OoB 9pm EST (Groups)

Thursday
-Burnout Paradise 9:30pm EST

Friday
-Warhawk 10pm EST

Saturday
-Wipeout HD (maybe)
-Call of Duty 4 9pm EST (main night)

Soul Calibur IV will be figured in somehow also. The MGO on the other hand will probably push Warhawk or CoD4 (more likely CoD4) to the week.

CAG Name: Millertime2523
PSN Name: Millertime2325
Nickname: Miller
Headset: Not yet, Will have one when Socom comes out
Keyboard: Nope
USB Camera: PS2 Eyetoy
Play Style: Play for fun
Days, Time Available: Any time Friday/Saturday/Sunday
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: NCAA 2k7, Resistance, Motorstorm, Super Puzzle Fighter, High Stakes Poker, & Calling All Cars
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Resistance
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2008: Socom: Confrontation, MGO
Favorite genres to play online: Mostly shooters

All right everyone, I want to tell you all a few updates and a few things I'm considering:

-I created a gmail account for the group called "CAGPSNGaming". I plan to eventually put it in the title as one way people can contact me. Also, it may be used if I decide to create a CAG PSN account.

-I'm also looking at taking CAG PSN Gaming further, but haven't completely decided how. I might look into creating a blog for it, which may discuss some of the game nights and people can post crap there what they felt of game night.

-Or even, I might create a group on Facebook for us, like I did for a few gaming series. Those on Facebook can join the group, but I'm giving it some thought.

Basically, I'm just trying to think of some more interesting things to do.

EDIT: I just created a Facebook group for CAG PSN Gaming (so no one else would take it), but it's not public yet since I want to decide whether to go with it or not.

Interesting ideas. It would probably be good to expand to an easier way for people to keep track of things rather then have to follow X number of threads. Plus, if there's a way for others to update things so you're not the one who's stuck doing a load of work it would make it easier on you.

Thanks for all the work you've put into this Mana. Its safe to say I can speak for everyone when I say that the time and effort you put into this board is greatly appreciated. :grouphug:

I'm still thinking this over, as to how I will do this.

I mentioned blog because I really like the setup provided by wordpress, where I can create a page for each game night (it will also link to the CAG thread). I'd also announce game nights on the main page a few days before they happen, as to who is hosting it and stuff (people can post comments discussing the game, but unfortunately, I'd probably moderate comments). There would also be a page for members (and I'd try to do my best to make it easy to read instead of tons of scrolling maybe). I'd also make it to where a few users can update the site itself. Also, I'd block out the blog from Google and other search engines (so only CAG can see it).

I'm not too sure yet whether I may buy a domain name (my HTML skills have kind of rusted a little).

I mentioned Facebook because we could get to know eachother better and talk about whatever we want in the group, but at the same time, some people just really hate Facebook, not everyone uses it, and some just don't want anyone to know their real names.

I am thinking of something, but I wouldn't roll it out until a few weeks though.

CAG Name: MaxDense
PSN Name: MaxDense
Nickname: Max
Keyboard: Yes, but I don't usually use it
USB Camera: Eyetoy
Play Style: Fun, for sure
Days, Time Available: Evenings (EST) & weekends
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: COD4, Warhawk, Burnout Paradise, MotorStorm, NHL08, Resistance, UT3
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: COD4 & Warhawk
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game in 2008: MGO
Favorite genres to play online: FPS, Sims, Racing, whatever

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'm still thinking this over, as to how I will do this.

I mentioned blog because I really like the setup provided by wordpress, where I can create a page for each game night (it will also link to the CAG thread). I'd also announce game nights on the main page a few days before they happen, as to who is hosting it and stuff (people can post comments discussing the game, but unfortunately, I'd probably moderate comments). There would also be a page for members (and I'd try to do my best to make it easy to read instead of tons of scrolling maybe). I'd also make it to where a few users can update the site itself. Also, I'd block out the blog from Google and other search engines (so only CAG can see it).

I'm not too sure yet whether I may buy a domain name (my HTML skills have kind of rusted a little).

I mentioned Facebook because we could get to know eachother better and talk about whatever we want in the group, but at the same time, some people just really hate Facebook, not everyone uses it, and some just don't want anyone to know their real names.

I am thinking of something, but I wouldn't roll it out until a few weeks though.[/quote]

Have you tried contacting the mods here to see if a 'CAG Gaming Night' subforum is a viable idea?

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Have you tried contacting the mods here to see if a 'CAG Gaming Night' subforum is a viable idea?[/QUOTE]It's being considered (an online sub-forum).

I had a talk to a few last night as to what I may do. Let's just say I reserved a few domains and such. ;)

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Have you tried contacting the mods here to see if a 'CAG Gaming Night' subforum is a viable idea?[/QUOTE]That's already being discussed.

Anyway, I decided to do a blog for the group, which I already created (not giving out the url yet until I finish it). I plan to manage a page for each game, post announcements, along with keeping track of a lot of things. I can also have multiple users sign up and make posts on the blog (like other game night leaders). I plan to at least do this until CAG 2.0 rolls around.

Also to let everyone know, I'm going to give this thread a 100% overhaul too. I have a question to ask people about the info post, would you rather click spoiler to reveal more information, or would you rather I link to the persons info post, so they can update it as much as they want?

What I'd probably do is:
First post would be Introduction,

Second Post would be Schedule and group Administrators.

Third Post would be ALL members.

EDIT: One example of how I may list members, but I'm working with BBC and seeing what else I can do (formatting wise):

CAG PSN Members
Total Members: X
=================================================​
  • :ps3: JizzyFTW aznguyen316
  • :ps3: SmogItUp smiggity

Clicking the :ps3: will reveal the members info.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Also to let everyone know, I'm going to give this thread a 100% overhaul too. I have a question to ask people about the info post, would you rather click spoiler to reveal more information, or would you rather I link to the persons info post, so they can update it as much as they want?

What I'd probably do is:
First post would be Introduction,

Second Post would be Schedule and group Administrators.

Third Post would be ALL members.

EDIT: One example of how I may list members, but I'm working with BBC and seeing what else I can do (formatting wise):

CAG PSN Members
====================================================​

:ps3: JizzyFTW aznguyen316[/quote]

A link would be easiest to maintain, so I'd vote for that.

[quote name='mguiddy']A link would be easiest to maintain, so I'd vote for that.[/QUOTE]I agree, that's what I'll do. Once I figure out how to put add spaces in post (basically, to format into columns maybe), I'll update the first posts. I updated my example showing two CAG PSN members. Sorry I picked on you Smog and Jizzy. :whistle2:(

EDIT: I also plan to change the member information format, meaning I might ask less questions, or I might as more.

All right everyone, take a look at the first three posts. I need to finish up the intro page, along with getting all other CAG nights in the schedule and linked (mostly posts 1 and 3 aren't finished, but post 2 is).

To let everyone know, from now on, when you want to update your information, just update your old post, since I have it linked.

Please update your information if it's outdated.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']All right everyone, take a look at the first three posts. I need to finish up the intro page, along with getting all other CAG nights in the schedule and linked (mostly posts 1 and 3 aren't finished, but post 2 is).

To let everyone know, from now on, when you want to update your information, just update your old post, since I have it linked.

Please update your information if it's outdated.[/quote]

Looks good, though I'd suggest doing something to make the PSN name stand out from the CAG name, or vice versa. Like bolding one or something. They kind of run together as is.

[quote name='mguiddy']Looks good, though I'd suggest doing something to make the PSN name stand out from the CAG name, or vice versa. Like bolding one or something. They kind of run together as is.[/QUOTE]I will work on that. The main reason it looks the way it does is because I cannot get it to format in columns, which would fix it.

Nice update of the thread Mana... I like the link to your name, except it will be hard for someone to find someone else to play with, you'd need to check everyone's name. But still good update.

Great job reorganizing the thread, Mana. If I can make one suggestion for improvement, it would be that you link to people's post using one/both of their usernames instead of the PS3 icons.

[quote name='metaly']Great job reorganizing the thread, Mana. If I can make one suggestion for improvement, it would be that you link to people's post using one/both of their usernames instead of the PS3 icons.[/QUOTE]Well, I got the idea from the 360 gaming forum (just one idea I liked). If we can ever access PSN profiles online, they'll be linked too.

Anyway, I made a few updates:
-I bolded the PSN name.
-I underlined whether someone badly needs to update their profile (meaning it's October 07 or earlier, or I may delete them) or if their list is full.

Updates still to come. I do feel special instructions for each game is important, so people know how they can join.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Nice update of the thread Mana... I like the link to your name, except it will be hard for someone to find someone else to play with, you'd need to check everyone's name. But still good update.[/QUOTE]Also, be sure to update your info with your new name. Sorry, I changed the format, although I know you gave it to me.

Anyway, although I've said this too many times, I will try to include some games in the mix I do not own sometime this week (so game nights can start next week), like for UT3 (I'm thinking Thursday maybe, team it up with Burnout Paradise), Vegas 2 (not sure what day, Vegas players can tell me what day they like), TF2 on The Orange Box, and something else some may own (not a niche game).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back