CAG Search Add-on for Firefox and Internet Explorer

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]10377[/IMG-R]You can now search Cheap Ass Gamer directly from your browser, even when you are not on the site. While on any page on CAG, click the little arrow in the search bar located in the top right hand corner of your browser. Choose "Add Cheap Ass Gamer Search" and you are done!

This search box works much in the same way as the search bar on CAG. You can filter results from specific areas of the site the typing in exactly what you are looking for.

Examples:
borderlands prices
robocop blog
wombat user
fallout 3 ps3 games

This is a very early version and we look forward to your feedback.

[quote name='sidlon']To get the CAG search in the Opera or Chrome browser:
* in Preferences -> Search, click Add
* Set the name to something like 'CAG Search' and shortcut to 'cag'
* Set the URL to: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/query.php?keywords=%s

Now anytime you want to lookup something just hit F2 (or click on the address bar) and type 'cag '.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sidlon']To get the CAG search in the Opera browser:
* in Preferences -> Search, click Add
* Set the name to something like 'CAG Search' and shortcut to 'cag'
* Set the URL to: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/query.php?keywords=%s

Now anytime you want to lookup something just hit F2 (or click on the address bar) and type 'cag '.[/QUOTE]

also works for google chrome

[quote name='fart_bubble']wow, its actually better than the site's search....though that isn't saying much[/QUOTE]
It's exactly the same as the site's search bar located at the top of every page. Are you referring to the forum search?

This needs to be a separate search bar. It needs to be an actual app add-on for Mozilla. I like keeping my search on google. Switching isnt a pain but id thought id suggest it.

Thanks Cheapy at this point I think it would be better to just have my check direct deposit to this site so I can just buy everything at any point lol.

Damn pretty soon we will just be able to jack into CAG directly.
neo-wakes-in-matrix-pod.jpg

[quote name='HarassmentPanda']I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but is it any different than the one I made several years ago? Maybe just updated to work with the new site?[/QUOTE]
Yes, it's very different. It operates the same way as the main cag search bar on every page.

[quote name='billymagnum']This needs to be a separate search bar. It needs to be an actual app add-on for Mozilla. I like keeping my search on google. Switching isnt a pain but id thought id suggest it.[/QUOTE]that would be the Firefox Toolbar that Cheapy mentioned (in the show) which is going to have even more features apparently.

I'm guessing this is only for IE8? I didn't like 8 so I downgraded back to 6. I guess I'll use the search on Opera though, since I use that alot now. Thanks Cheaps and SPJ.

bread's done
Back