CAG, should I go on vacation or not?

caffolote

CAGiversary!
My mom wants to go on vacation to Hawaii and I was wondering if I should miss one week of school or stay home? If I go, then I'll miss a shitload of important stuff and I don't feel like making up all that work. I'm a junior in high school by the way. What should I do?

I am having an incredibly difficult time trying to figure out what is important in eleventh grade that I'd pass up a trip to Hawaii.

Your in Junior in HS so IMO you might miss some work, but it can always be made up. but dude its freaking Hawaii. You may never get this chance again.

Go unless your grades are so low, and you so dangerously close to failing your grade that a week of school work would make you fail. Just ask your teachers that your leaving for a week, could you make up the work when you
get back.

I went on vacation several times in high school. I passed and graduated just fine.

You only live once...

Screw school, this could be a once in a life chance.

PS: If you decide not to go to Hawaii tell your mom I will go and act like you.

Being old and depressingly practical, my natural inclination is to tell you that you shouldn't miss a week of school if you can help it, and also that you should get the hell off my lawn.

But...... my wife and I have been talking about going to Hawaii since we met, and now we're raising kids, paying a mortgage, and the Hawaii trip remains firmly locked in the category of "some day". Graystone is right; you may never get this chance again. Go to Hawaii.

Go to Hawaii, but take it like a man and don't beg your teachers for makeup work. You're choosing to go on vacation. I work at a school, and we don't let students make up work they missed while on a family vacation.

You're in the eleventh grade and you're asking us if you should take a week out of school to go to Hawaii?? Do you also need someone to hold your dick when you piss?

How about going to Hawaii and *not* being a total spazz during the whole trip with the zinc oxide on the nose, the asthma inhaler, and the knee-high black argyle socks with your sandals.

[quote name='Strell']I am having an incredibly difficult time trying to figure out what is important in eleventh grade that I'd pass up a trip to Hawaii.[/QUOTE]
Exactly, if this were college this would be a different story. Don't even think about this. Just go. fuck high school. Once you go to college you'll realize how pointless high school was.

I wouldnt think twice about it. I'd definitely go. I can tell you one thing as a 27 year old .. in the scheme of things the work you have to make up is meaningless. Its the memories from your "childhood" (or younger days) and time with your parents that means something.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Exactly, if this were college this would be a different story.[/QUOTE]Really? As important as my college classes were, some of them I ditched pretty often, and with everything online and professors being pretty reasonable, taking a week off wouldn't be a big deal. I totally agree with your sentiment about high school though.

So yeah, just go on vacation and make up the work. I mean, your mom is obviously fine with it.

lets see

Being in school and being taught by an old lady some boring subject

or......

Being on an island full of extremely hot women

Tough choice man

maybe you should stay home and play with your Wii

Come on guys, school is FAR to important to miss to waste time in Hawaii, you'd probably hate it anyway. Have you mom get ahold of me about that extra ticket.

Don't listen to these idiots.....if you miss that week of high school, you'll likely never catch up, never get into a good college, so you'll start a career at Home Depot making $24k a year to start, then likely wind up dead in the back room huffing paint thinner.....

Hawaii...the silent killer.

I wouldn't go. Your Junior year is the most important. You have to succeed. Take even a week off to go and have fun in a place you probably never will have the chance to go to ever again just doesn't sound like a good idea. I mean, what about math homework? I can't even fathom this. Please don't go.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Come on guys, school is FAR to important to miss to waste time in Hawaii, you'd probably hate it anyway. Have you mom get ahold of me about that extra ticket.[/quote]

Dude, I already claimed Dibs on the ticket(See post #4) Oh and btw just in case you say I didn't say dibs, I say it now Dibs on the tickets lol.

Seriously dude though don't listen to munch, go on the trip it would be way better for you.

I was just like you in high school, worrying about missing classes, hating to make up work, etc. etc. etc. I still am. Then Senior year I started skipping like crazy and half-assing my work. Still ended up being salutatorian of my high school graduating class, going to college, and I'm now entering senior year w/ a 3.955 GPA.

Point? You'll be fine if you miss a week. Go to Hawaii. Make sure to get some pics and post them when you get back :).

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Once you go to college you'll realize how pointless high school was.[/QUOTE]
Once you get a job, you'll realize how pointless college was. Then once you die, you'll realize how pointless a job was

Daughter of a girl my S.O. knows is skipping a trip to Hawaii because she doesn't want to miss her last day of middle school. (And that's the only day of school she'd miss.) She'll be starting at a new high school the next year so that will be her last chance to say goodbye to some of her friends. So her mom and sister have to stay home, too.

That's not sparta. That's madness.

[quote name='munch']I wouldn't go. Your Junior year is the most important. You have to succeed. Take even a week off to go and have fun in a place you probably never will have the chance to go to ever again just doesn't sound like a good idea. I mean, what about math homework? I can't even fathom this. Please don't go.[/QUOTE]
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Excellent sarcasm there. You must be commended.

Lots of truths in this thread. It's true that in college a lot of classes are pointless, but it just depends on the classes you're taking and how much you give a shit about that A. And yes, college is pointless once you get a job.

[quote name='ITDEFX']well you will leave as a boy and come back as a man![/QUOTE]

With his mom?

Gross.

That's my job.

If you would rather go to school for a week than go to Hawaii then you probably have some serious mental problems

[quote name='Rozz']If you would rather go to school for a week than go to Hawaii then you probably have some serious mental problems[/QUOTE]

Or serious responsibility issues. I think OP me have went cause he hasn't reported back with anything.

The reason why I'm making this decision is because I would have to do a shitload of work from over the week and have to make up for tests. Going after school would suck after all. That would be a problem, and yes, I do care for going to a good college like Boston University.

[quote name='caffolote']The reason why I'm making this decision is because I would have to do a shitload of work from over the week and have to make up for tests. Going after school would suck after all. That would be a problem, and yes, I do care for going to a good college like Boston University.[/QUOTE]

jPod? :shock:

Allow me to present a slideshow of sorts, of some of the things you would see and enjoy if you were to go to Hawaii.

Palm trees.
palmtreesislandxe5.jpg

Hula girls.
hil10102en7.jpg

Pineapples.
DSC01123.JPG

Hula girls.
hula_girls.jpg

Surfboards.
Surfboards2.jpg

Hula girls.
hula4some-1.jpg

Hula girls!
hula_girlsX.gif

HULA GIRLS!
luauhulaauanawomenms3.jpg

[quote name='darthbudge']Dude, I already claimed Dibs on the ticket([/quote]

For some odd reason, upon first read through I thought that said, 'I claimed Dio tickets'...

If that was the case, I would have said, fuck YEAH VACATION!

First off, I wonder, what is the reason that your mom is going now, and wants you to go? Is there a reason you can't wait until June to go? If it was just the time, I think it's rather selfish of your mom. If there was no other time to go, then there was no other time.

Your about what, 16 or 17, being a junior? Think back to when your 8. What sort of stuff do you remember? You remember the fun times, you don't remember the pain of having to make up a weeks worth of school work. 10 years down the road, when your 27, you won't remember that extra work you had to put in, even if it sucks for a week. You will always remember your trip to Hawaii. if going to Hawaii or staying home was the difference in making Boston University, I'd say stay home.

If your that worried about it, you can probably talk to some of your teachers ahead of time. Tell them that your going, and you'd like your work. If you focus on school work for the flight there and back, you could put in an hour of studying in the room a day, and you likely won't even be that far behind when you get back. Even if it takes a day or 2 of killing yourself to catch back up, it's so worth it.

Go. If this was college it would be easier since most classes dont meet everyday but I'm sure if you tell your teachers that your mom wants to take you out of school for a week they'll be sympathetic.

Well, I made my decision and decided that I will be going on vacation. Hopefully the make up work won't be too bad but it's will be worth it anyways. Thanks CAG

[quote name='caffolote']Well, I made my decision and decided that I will be going on vacation. Hopefully the make up work won't be too bad but it's will be worth it anyways. Thanks CAG[/QUOTE]

Good choice. You won't regret it.

bread's done
Back