CAG Socom Thread-SONY SHUTTING DOWN SERVERS AUGUST 31 for S1-CA Tue&Sun10pmEST

After that patch, I'm aware they treaked some of the guns. Man, the FAL on insurgent side is sooo in-accurate compared to what it was. I haven't tried my favorite IW-80 yet. I just gotta get used to it though.

I'd like to play either confrontation or Socom 4 tonight. My bride is back from her tracked and my home improvement work has been completed so I should have some time to get back on again.

Still no party mode... Man what a joke.

That said, seems like they fixed or gave options on allot of stuff...

Haven't played it... but I suspect the camera isn't all that fixed based upon their description in their updates.

When colliding with geometry or when moving to narrow spaces, the camera now moves above the player’s head

Maybe it doesn't zoom up and over that high... Surely, you don't end up looking at the ground?

http://forums.socom.com/t5/SOCOM-4-...ail-Patch-Notes-UPD-June-14-2011/td-p/1726504

Well I'll try to make sure I'm on tonight for some S4. Tried out the new patch...I honestly don't see much difference except there def is less PE4 charge throwing which is great. The dot in the center is nice.

[quote name='nfs3freak']Well I'll try to make sure I'm on tonight for some S4. Tried out the new patch...I honestly don't see much difference except there def is less PE4 charge throwing which is great. The dot in the center is nice.[/QUOTE]
I played around with it some and found the dead zone settings a bit more tolerable. Less jumping around when it finally registers the analog moving. I'm digging the M16 but I just have to remember to keep on firing since it's not full auto and holding the trigger down only gets you 3 rounds.

Zipper went back into silence mode. God they must be embarrassed.

Ill be playing some Confrontation tonight if anyone else is down to join

I'm pretty sure no one will be on when I get on, hittin' up an Emery concert out here tonight. But if anybody is on really late tonight, I'll jump into either confrontation or s4. Good games in classic today, J-cart. Effing hate nade spam.

[quote name='nfs3freak']I'm pretty sure no one will be on when I get on, hittin' up an Emery concert out here tonight. But if anybody is on really late tonight, I'll jump into either confrontation or s4. Good games in classic today, J-cart. Effing hate nade spam.[/QUOTE]

emry is out here huh. i should keep up with shows.

[quote name='paz9x']emry is out here huh. i should keep up with shows.[/QUOTE]
At least bon iver's new album comes out today, yeah? Btw, the concert sucked. Worse venue I've been at, no one really went, and sound was terrible.

I'm probably gonna get some S4 in for the night. Hopefully I see some'a you on throughout the week/next CAG night.

[quote name='doubledown']So, how is the SINGLE PLAYER for SOCOM4? I'm curious how long the actual campaign is. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I'll give you my opinion on the single player. I didn't particularly like it but the stealth missions were more in tune with some past Socom titles than the rest of the game was. If you're just going for one play through, single player will run probably around a generous 6 hours...that's on the normal difficulty. Obviously, playing through on the harder difficulty and trying to get all the trophies will be much longer.

Multiplayer is where I get the most enjoyment and there is still a ton of improvement needed. Don't go into it expecting it to be anything like Confrontation.

[quote name='Cigarl']I will be on for some games tonight. I would be nice to get enough players to get a few games in with the the clan challenge.[/QUOTE]

S4 or Confrontation? I'll def be on for s4.

in my last 20-30 games, i couldnt finish a round. after i die, i cant respawn. or if its classic, then im stuck in spectactor mode for the following rounds. i keep getting the lost connection to your internet. why 20 games of frustration? i still want to play it. in my second to last time trying it, the server lost 3 of my levels and my clan afflilation. probably time to give up for a while... well, from what im hearing, u3 beta is worst for now.

i sold my socom4 to best buy, so whoever wants to stick with confrontation, ill be there. i might dip into the mgo thread here to find some caggers who still play that as well.

[quote name='enufs8d']in my last 20-30 games, i couldnt finish a round. after i die, i cant respawn. or if its classic, then im stuck in spectactor mode for the following rounds. i keep getting the lost connection to your internet. why 20 games of frustration? i still want to play it. in my second to last time trying it, the server lost 3 of my levels and my clan afflilation. probably time to give up for a while... well, from what im hearing, u3 beta is worst for now.[/QUOTE]

I haven't had any more problems in S4. Weird though that you have been. Well if I see you on, I'll jump in it with ya.

[quote name='nfs3freak']I haven't had any more problems in S4. Weird though that you have been. Well if I see you on, I'll jump in it with ya.[/QUOTE]
He's also got a crappy DSL connection and is usually NAT3 restricted which is probably his problem.

I doubt its wotchers connection, he has been playing with us for over a year with little to no problems.

Either way, this game is still horrible, but a savior is on the way. Socom Source has blown up in the last month, they have formed a dev studio, got investors and are starting to hire people. Cant wait for a real Socom game to get the clan back together. Zipper is so out of touch with reality. All you guys should listen to the latest Zipline Podcast, half of it is spent mocking Socom fans and the other half is Zipper being out of touch with reality. It is unbelievable.

http://www.socom.com/en-us/Blog/Post?id=428

Daaang. Well, I'll leave the zipline podcast to you so you can relay how terrible these a-holes are to us in this forum. I have plenty of podcasts and most recap the same stuff each week as the other ones. Once Socom is worthy, I'd definitely enjoy listening to the developer's podcast. For now, there's no doubt it'd just be rant garbage.

I'll be on tonight for some S4 or whatever if anybody else gets on.

[quote name='nfs3freak']I'll give you my opinion on the single player. I didn't particularly like it but the stealth missions were more in tune with some past Socom titles than the rest of the game was. If you're just going for one play through, single player will run probably around a generous 6 hours...that's on the normal difficulty. Obviously, playing through on the harder difficulty and trying to get all the trophies will be much longer.

Multiplayer is where I get the most enjoyment and there is still a ton of improvement needed. Don't go into it expecting it to be anything like Confrontation.[/QUOTE]

How many stealth missions are there? I loathe those. never liked splinter cell for that reason.

[quote name='doubledown']How many stealth missions are there? I loathe those. never liked splinter cell for that reason.[/QUOTE]

From my recollection..maybe 3 or 4

I've been away from Confrontation for a few months - finished up Fallout 3 GOTY so I got back on Confrontation again tonight. Good times. Have not bought Socom 4 and will wait awhile until it's up to speed (if that ever happens) - sigh...

smog and everyone else counter strike source is 4 bucks for the next 24 hours, buy it and I will release the ip address of the server I have setup

[quote name='MisterBee']smog and everyone else counter strike source is 4 bucks for the next 24 hours, buy it and I will release the ip address of the server I have setup[/QUOTE]

This is VITAL! Plz everybody do that, and while you're at it, download Team Fortress 2 on steam as well. Feel free to add MisterBee and myself on steam, and we'll all jump into B's server and make up for lost time from lack of Socom nights.

So there is a new patch that finally gives us a party system. Alas I have no drive to play the game, RIP Socom. Such a simple drug had to change itself so much, that years later it just doesn't hit us the same way.

I got CS:S, I'll be down to play every now and then.

[quote name='encendido5']Hey Smog, I finally found a surround system for you - 2 years later :lol:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GU78Z4/[/QUOTE]

Haha lol good to know you still had it in mind.:lol: I'm seriously considering getting it.

And yes, its sad how dead this game is. The 20k ladder supposedly only has 6 active teams in it and it pays out up to 8th place.

i read that the some/most/all of the top teams are using modded controllers with rapid fire buttons. i saw a youtube demo and its worlds apart between how fast you can tap R1 vs the modded button.

when i was still playing (lol), i ran across this level 100 destroying my team in respawn/capture. everytime i went up against him, i ended up on the wrong end of the stick. but i managed to drop a grenade at the right moment to kill him at least five times. other times, as soon as I saw him, I would get head shot. he had the nerve to message me that i had no gun game! he was throwing pe4s post patch with good results.

i replied back: "youre awesome, i suck. im cool with that. youre a level 1000, so you must be good. how many hours that did you put for that?" then i thought about it some more. I replied again: "if you got gun game, then why are you throwing out pe4s? having fun kill people 50-80 levels below you? Or why are you in respawn?" [implied Oh Snap!] in hindsight, i believe he was using a modded controller.

[quote name='enufs8d']i read that the some/most/all of the top teams are using modded controllers with rapid fire buttons. i saw a youtube demo and its worlds apart between how fast you can tap R1 vs the modded button.

when i was still playing (lol), i ran across this level 100 destroying my team in respawn/capture. everytime i went up against him, i ended up on the wrong end of the stick. but i managed to drop a grenade at the right moment to kill him at least five times. other times, as soon as I saw him, I would get head shot. he had the nerve to message me that i had no gun game! he was throwing pe4s post patch with good results.

i replied back: "youre awesome, i suck. im cool with that. youre a level 1000, so you must be good. how many hours that did you put for that?" then i thought about it some more. I replied again: "if you got gun game, then why are you throwing out pe4s? having fun kill people 50-80 levels below you? Or why are you in respawn?" [implied Oh Snap!] in hindsight, i believe he was using a modded controller.[/QUOTE]

I'm not surprised, yet at the same time, that's really pathetic that they're using the modded controllers AND cheap tactics on a game that...well, isn't worth it. I'm not saying there are games worth doing these sorts of things, but this isn't even a game that's even good enough to want to be THAT "good" at. I had my run, I don't know if I'll ever put it back in.

As for CS:S or anything steam, we're still slowing gathering more people. I'll post again, anybody's more than welcome to add me. I'm now putting more time on my PC than on PS3 on TF2, CS:S and Bad Company 2 (in preparation for Battlefield 3).

[quote name='nfs3freak']TF2, CS:S and Bad Company 2 (in preparation for Battlefield 3).[/QUOTE]

I got all three of those games on PC. Got a mic too so we can do skype chat or vent.

Okay, I know I have been teasing it for a while, but I can finally say the Counter Strike Source server is up. It is a 10 player private server (based in Chicago to try to even out pings as best as possible) and Teamspeak 3 for voice chat. The ip is 68.232.172.234:27015 and either catch me on steam or send me a PM to get the password.

The server is not running a pure CS setup, I made some adjustments to bring it more inline with the game this thread is made for. The economy system has been replaced with a simple giving of 10k each round in order to let everyone buy exactly whatever weapons and equipment they want. It is currently setup with 10 rounds of 5 minutes each (with side switching after 5 rounds), and all official maps are available (this will get trimmed down as we figure out which maps are good and which are bad).

If you would like to donate (THIS IS ENTIRELY OPTIONAL) here is a link to use paypal
http://www.gameservers.com/clanpay/?clanid=298ce7e3838f9a18c8c217dee9781502

Big thanks to dtruk and player for helping me test this out and giving me ideas on what needed to be added.

Nice MisterBee!

As for maps take your pick from theses:

De_rush
de_russka
Train
Dust
Dust2
CPL_Strike
CPL_mill
Inferno
Season
Contra
Nuke
CPL_Mill
Cbble
losttemple
aztec

I tried to install Steam on my laptop, but it's the last of the powerPC macs and won't go. I'll see what I can do on another computer. Some day I need to get a Intel based Mac, but I don't want to give up my 12" PowerBook which fits perfectly in my backpack.

[quote name='j-cart']Nice MisterBee!

As for maps take your pick from theses:

De_rush
de_russka
Train
Dust
Dust2
CPL_Strike
CPL_mill
Inferno
Season
Contra
Nuke
CPL_Mill
Cbble
losttemple
aztec[/QUOTE]

CTRL+F "office" NOT FOUND -> Your list fails ;) It includes mostly de maps, I pretty much going to stick to the competition de maps (dust2,train,inferno,nuke,etc), but I have no clue what are good cs maps besides office

Sorry to interrupt, but any opinions on the Socom Confrontation bundle at this late juncture? Bought it on clearance for $20, but not sure if I should keep it.

Mainly wondering about the PS3 bluetooth headset 1.0 and if anyone uses it. The game won't get much use since I'm not a war gamer, and would pretty much suck anyway.

The early reviews for Confrontation were brutal, and besides here, no one else seems to care for it. Is there even a single player component? Guessing not since it was meant for online multi.

Thanks for your time.

No single player but Con is almost as populated as Socom4 even 3 yrs after release. Pretty much all of us either still use or have used the bundled Mic. It's great and for twenty bucks is a steal. In fact Wotcher may need you to pick him up one since his Mic is busted and he lost confrontation disk LOL

[quote name='smiggity']No single player but Con is almost as populated as Socom4 even 3 yrs after release. Pretty much all of us either still use or have used the bundled Mic. It's great and for twenty bucks is a steal. In fact Wotcher may need you to pick him up one since his Mic is busted and he lost confrontation disk LOL[/QUOTE]

20 bucks is a great deal. That mic is pretty good and, if I'm not mistaken, it's the official Sony headset and does real well. Word of warning about those you'll encounter in Confrontation if you do play online, they're really good. Most games now if you jump in and they've been out for many years are mainly played by those who play those games either religiously or they are damn good at it. That could ruin your experience.

As for Steam/CS/Source, office is a map that definitely needs to be in the rotation. I remember playing a lot of Italy and even speedball but I doubt that'll be one that anybody plays anymore. When I finally tie down a job, I'll gladly donate to the server. Somebody added me but I'm not sure who it was. I'm assuming it's you, J-cart? (rjvoakes4?)

[quote name='smiggity']No single player but Con is almost as populated as Socom4 even 3 yrs after release. Pretty much all of us either still use or have used the bundled Mic. It's great and for twenty bucks is a steal. In fact Wotcher may need you to pick him up one since his Mic is busted and he lost confrontation disk LOL[/QUOTE]

i actually have 2 official ps3 bt headsets (one from endwar bundle and socom conf bundle). its my tritton headset mic thats busted.

[quote name='j-cart']That is not me. My steam id: [/QUOTE]

I just shot you an add, J-cart.
Wotcher, I'm now not really a fan of these Tritton AX Pros. The left side of my headset has snapped and now I've resorted to a ghetto contraption of tying a shoelace around the left adjustable cap so it stays together (it's split apart so the left cap falls off). Btw, I have an extra mic for the Ax Pros, if you need one.

[quote name='nfs3freak']20 bucks is a great deal. That mic is pretty good and, if I'm not mistaken, it's the official Sony headset and does real well. Word of warning about those you'll encounter in Confrontation if you do play online, they're really good. Most games now if you jump in and they've been out for many years are mainly played by those who play those games either religiously or they are damn good at it. That could ruin your experience.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll use the mic, and keep the Confrontation game sealed. It sounds too intimidating for fumbling outsiders. The store only had one copy when I got mine, but I can look again.

Wotcher - are you still looking for the Confrontation disc?

Only Socom game I've played is Socom 4. Got that with the sharpshooter bundle from Amazon. Currently stuck in some stealth mission as 45 to get into that compound. I keep getting discovered after delivering the head shot and failing to hide the body. Oops. :lol:

[quote name='Hibiwa']Wotcher - are you still looking for the Confrontation disc?
[/QUOTE]
i was looking my disk that i misplaced several months ago. i was looking for it to play against these guys since they abandoned s4 for sc. but now it looks like they moved onto to css.

[quote name='enufs8d']i was looking my disk that i misplaced several months ago. i was looking for it to play against these guys since they abandoned s4 for sc. but now it looks like they moved onto to css.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure who all has already bailed. The CSS thing isn't set, we all just have it in case we all decide to play or if we see each other online on steam (which I think we all should also have Steam and everybody here on the friend's list, if anything, for communication as well), we'll hop into each other's games. I have played a lot of PC games lately, but if someone lets me know they're playing (I check my Raptr account since it shows who's online on ps3 while I'm on my computer and shows who's online on PSN) or there's something going on, I'll still jump in for S4, SC, or whatever PS3 game.

BTW Wotcher, I mentioned this in an earlier post, but were you still needing a mic for your AX Pro? I have an extra.

Have you guys definitely hopped back on Socom: Con?

I own both, but still feel like Confrontation has more of the "socom" feel. My PSN name is GetWhatYaGive

I'll have to try and meet up with you guys.

bread's done
Back