CAG Socom Thread-SONY SHUTTING DOWN SERVERS AUGUST 31 for S1-CA Tue&Sun10pmEST

[quote name='smiggity']You feel that chill coming through??? COLD FRONT IS NEAR[/QUOTE]

I've watched the blog videos so many times in the last day it's ridiculous. Work on Thursday will feel like the day before christmas to a 10 year old. I can't stand the wait!!!:hot:

[quote name='Megiddo_CAG']Someone needs to gameshare this.[/QUOTE]

I'm up for joining a group for this if anyone is planning to create one

[quote name='darken']I'm up for joining a group for this if anyone is planning to create one[/QUOTE]

I am, pm me if you guys are interested. :bouncy:

Ok, so since there are about 100 people a day on here asking how to get it, I will explain how. In no way, shape or form do I support glitching. But this really isn't a glitch, just an exploit to get the gun early.

And before I start, the golden ak is no different than the normal ak. It has the same stats, only difference is its is golden. And you cannot put attachements on it.

Step 1:
Go create a room. Restrict all weapons but the golden ak and ak74. Create the room, go into lobby.

Step 2:
Now, back out of the room and go straight to quick match.

Step 3:
Go to edit loadout for mercs. Switch your pistol. Then play a game or just back out. You'll have it till you switch your primary weapon.

[quote name='smiggity']Ok, so since there are about 100 people a day on here asking how to get it, I will explain how. In no way, shape or form do I support glitching. But this really isn't a glitch, just an exploit to get the gun early.

And before I start, the golden ak is no different than the normal ak. It has the same stats, only difference is its is golden. And you cannot put attachements on it.

Step 1:
Go create a room. Restrict all weapons but the golden ak and ak74. Create the room, go into lobby.

Step 2:
Now, back out of the room and go straight to quick match.

Step 3:
Go to edit loadout for mercs. Switch your pistol. Then play a game or just back out. You'll have it till you switch your primary weapon.[/QUOTE]

Is this unranked rooms only?

and what is the legit way to get it...

The above method is how to get the gun in ranked rooms. Legit way to get it is to play some mini-game in PSHome that isn't even released yet.

Awesome games tonight guys, had a good time for the last CAG night without Coldfront.

iHack you should join us sometime

[quote name='pLaYeRiTo']hey uh smog is this the thread you told me about last night to get a dlcshare for cold front?[/QUOTE]

well there is a gameshare thread stickied in the ps3 forum, but i imagine most of us will be getting the dlc so you should be able to work it out here.

Good Games Everyone!

Pistol Elite! 3 Elites down 3 to go...

Sorry to powers, mainly for my DE headshot from really far away, it made me look like I was actually good at the game. The message I got about 5 seconds after it happened made it all the more sweet.

[quote name='MisterBee']Good Games Everyone!

Pistol Elite! 3 Elites down 3 to go...

Sorry to powers, mainly for my DE headshot from really far away, it made me look like I was actually good at the game. The message I got about 5 seconds after it happened made it all the more sweet.[/QUOTE]

i laughed and said GTFO
i always have a lot of fun with you guys. the game is good but playing it with guys that really just want to have fun makes it even better.

ill be out of town until friday so i wont be able to get in on the release day hijinx

[quote name='MisterBee']Sort of a clan match tonight at 10 Frostfire Demo. There is a problem, the clan has two people in it...[/QUOTE]

the other clan has 2 people? maybe they're very optimistically hoping they can recruit enough people before 10pm

[quote name='pLaYeRiTo']hey uh smog is this the thread you told me about last night to get a dlcshare for cold front?[/QUOTE]

There is a gameshare thread stickied, but if you wanna gameshare it, and pay a 5th of the cost, shoot me a pm.

[quote name='paz9x']do you think our cag nights will see a hit with the new dlc or is everyone getting it?[/QUOTE]

I think so, socom in general got shot up due to the patch.

With regards to the CAG clan I have a few questions.

1. Will switching to the Dutch change our clan rank in the ladder matches?

2. Will switching to the Dutch clan drop us all from 7's, 8's and 9's to a 1's?

3. Will all our other stats be reset?

4. Will be be able to keep the Cheap Ass Gamer as the clan name or would we have to change it to something else with CAG as the acronym?

I would think the first is the most important as the personal ranks and stats will come back with time. If we'd like to switch then I'm up for it if the Dutch gun is that good. I like the SAS gun but I think I'm the only one that uses it on a regular basis and I'm sure I can miss just as easily with any gun.

What do the rest of the regulars feel about a switch?

[quote name='Cigarl']What do the rest of the regulars feel about a switch?[/QUOTE]

I didn't know we could make a faction switch? If so, I am cool with it, as long as we don't lose our rank.

Also, why switch to dutch? And not go for the french? That famas is pretty sweet.

1. Yes, because we would be a whole new clan
2. Yup back at 1 for all of us
3. No
4. We would be able to keep CheapAssGamer the name and CAG the tag.

I dont think its worth it. As for why Dutch over French, we are not cheap Famas scrubs lol :)

[quote name='Cigarl']With regards to the CAG clan I have a few questions.

1. Will switching to the Dutch change our clan rank in the ladder matches?

2. Will switching to the Dutch clan drop us all from 7's, 8's and 9's to a 1's?

3. Will all our other stats be reset?

4. Will be be able to keep the Cheap Ass Gamer as the clan name or would we have to change it to something else with CAG as the acronym?

I would think the first is the most important as the personal ranks and stats will come back with time. If we'd like to switch then I'm up for it if the Dutch gun is that good. I like the SAS gun but I think I'm the only one that uses it on a regular basis and I'm sure I can miss just as easily with any gun.

What do the rest of the regulars feel about a switch?[/QUOTE]

just do what i did for the clan name when i made a usa clan, have it CAG-KCT (the dutch special forces). like i had CAG-SEALs. the hk417 is a beast gun but i wanna be in the russian faction over the dutch, so whoever makes CAG-Spetznas, im in!

[quote name='MisterBee']Note we need 4 people in every clan match, we just took a default loss because only 3 of us were in the room.[/QUOTE]

What time was that ladder match? At 11? I thought it was at like 10 or something...

COLD FRONT DLC IS OUT TODAY :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

Don't mean to advertise but.. if anyone wants to gameshare the dlc, feel free to pm me! Just need one more slot to fill.

def not worth remakin cag just for a new faction, but just diff divisions of it, lol.
and the 417 is like the m14 minus recoil and can attach a silencer. with that damage you dont need fire rate.

I agree with Playerito, just make other factions, no reason to disband the SAS CAG clan. Hes right about the 417 basically as strong as the M14. 3 bullets max and they drop so fire rate/clip size not a huge issue

4 hours till COLD FRONT ACTION

[quote name='smiggity']I agree with Playerito, just make other factions, no reason to disband the SAS CAG clan. Hes right about the 417 basically as strong as the M14. 3 bullets max and they drop so fire rate/clip size not a huge issue

4 hours till COLD FRONT ACTION[/QUOTE]

I thought cold front was out already! STORE UPDATE HURRY UP

thought id mention that cold front dlc will be released at 8pm est 5pm pacific, for those that hadnt known. so 2 hours from now.

Nice, gotta download it when I get home from work tonight. Taking off work Friday and Saturday so I'll have more time to get on this weekend!

Everything about the DLC is great, except for that one map where night/thermal vision is mandatory.

I just love the map Blizzard. Brings back good memories.

[quote name='option.iv']Everything about the DLC is great, except for that one map where night/thermal vision is mandatory.[/QUOTE]

If anyone owns this or is thinking about picking it up on the cheap, then they need to get this dlc pack. It almost doubles the size of the game. All the new maps seem to be well designed and the arms race game mode was a fun addition as well. I like the fact that you can take your guns and attachments from the dlc to the old games and use them. Last night after we were done I jumped in a desert glory elim room and took 2nd place with the VAL/thermal scope combo.

I agree with you on the night map Option, but I don't think it was just that one map. /6 seems to have done that to all night maps with 1.6 because we had quite the game the other night in urban wasteland. The only thing you could see was someone's gun. The old night maps were tough but the new ones are almost unplayable.

[quote name='option.iv']Everything about the DLC is great, except for that one map where night/thermal vision is mandatory.

I just love the map Blizzard. Brings back good memories.[/QUOTE]

Which map are you talking about because the only map that I think the thermal is required is Blizzard, the rest I can see fine because there isn't a lot of snow/wind swirling around.

The VAL is a beast, looking like my new go to merc weapon.

The new camo is sweet, nothing like dressing up in all white during a snow storm :lol:.

val ftw!!

the russian gun aint all its cracked up to be (ranked i can imagine it pwns, i made my rounds in unranked last night) cuz the first 2 shots follow one after the other with no recoil, but thats pretty much its only incentive, still weighty (long also, cant hug walls as good) n weak like the ak74. so ill just go back to sas cag i guess, and cuz...

also, i just realized that for clan battles and if there are people from other factions, it wont help the main cag clan as a whole cuz we'll never get the clan battles messages or count as a fill in spot on the pre-match. sucks.

Just played entrapment, sweet map! Played it on breach. The dlc is really good. Hopefully, as the seasons pass, we get new themed dlc like that?

Summer = Jungle maps?

bread's done
Back