CAG StarCraft League

So do we have any other zerg players here? I was hoping to get some pointers, especially vs protoss. I'm still trying to figured out the best time to put down my third hatchery.

A few of us (myself, crotch, hotshot) have decided that endlesspro/firebird should be ousted from the CAG clan as he is generally annoying and uses 6th grade insults during games.

The Crotch those screenshots are pretty funny. I had no idea he was being a dick to you after I left. I wasn't interested in playing him just because all he did was complain about some match he had. I figured he would be doing the same thing the whole time I played him and all day afterwards. Now I'm glad I left when I did.

i'm sorry i can't make it. i have been tied up with work so looks like i don't have time. i would have loved to join though

[quote name='Mattte']So who is that !Firebird! fool on the boards?[/QUOTE]

endlesspro

edit: also damn crotch and suko for having a protoss brotherhood.

Heh, looks like I missed the excitement :p

Sorry I haven't been playing lately; been busy with various things. I'll try and get on tonight.

Even though I lost, I think I did pretty well against Darren all things considered. I should have expanded faster and controlled the map better but I'll learn with time.

Now where are all the other people who've posted in this thread? I only see the same ~4 people every night. We need more people!

[quote name='cletus']I think I did pretty well against Darren all things considered. I should have expanded faster and controlled the map better but I'll learn with time.

Now where are all the other people who've posted in this thread? I only see the same ~4 people every night. We need more people![/QUOTE]

Between Dawn of War: Dark Crusade, Battle for Middle Earth 2, and getting Supreme Commander this Sunday, I don't have time at the moment to dig into the past (I much prefer the style of RTS's I have in the queue over Starcraft), so whoever is taking care of the OP can take my name off for now.

Dawn of War: DC - Just mass necro basic unit and attack move in a general direction.

I know what you mean though. I still have Company of Heroes to play not to mention my backlog of PS2 games. Playing Starcraft again sure brings back a lot of memories.

[quote name='cletus']Dawn of War: DC - Just mass necro basic unit and attack move in a general direction.

I know what you mean though. I still have Company of Heroes to play not to mention my backlog of PS2 games. Playing Starcraft again sure brings back a lot of memories.[/QUOTE]

I just enjoy lots of action and large scale battles over micro managing and only popping out one troop at a time. It's more fun to play against the Necron's, anyways ;)

Relic has made it so it's too hard for me to go back, and I just get bored with all the downtime Starcraft has. I like just plopping down on a resource point and that's pretty much it so I can focus more on the action :D

I tried to go back to Starcraft and got bored, so yea, don't think I'll be playing any time soon.

Hey guys sorry I haven't been on for the last few days I was sleeping over at a friends house. I will be on tonight though if anyone wants to play.

Hey crotch, sorry bout last night, I still feel like an ass. Thought you were this spammer that kept bugging me after a match I had. =(

Sorry for not playing with anyone. I had to reformat my hardrive and I lost my copy of SC and the CD key. Luckily I found another copy at EB today so if I ever get time after work Ill be on.

[quote name='The Crotch']God damn. Did everything right against pcktlnt tonight. Rushed him well, expanded faster, went Overlord hunting with my Corsairs...

But I went Dragoons. Dragoons without the range upgrade.

You non-Protoss probably don't realize the significance of this. However, fellow Protoss know the pain that comes from using unupgraded Dragoons. They can't even shoot down a fucking cliff without their upgrade. How the hell are they supposed to take out Zerg?

I lost, obviously.[/quote]
Bahahahha

Don't worry, happens to the best of us. In fact, I think a recent starcraft pro that played in Korea against the best, forgot bout the range upgrade and lost the match.

Sorry I couldn't make it today. It seems like life is always getting in the way of my Starcraft. I might be able to play some more Wednesday. I can't allow myself to get rusty again or I might not be able to keep up with you guys.

The crotch or pcktlnt, could one of you upload that replay your talking about? I'm interested in watching it now based on what you've said.

i'd love to get on this league..my xfire name is clamshellzoo
i go by axylfyre on battlenet though. i am registered on the us-east server.

oh yeah..and i have played this much at all so i am a total n00b at it

well i got one of my roommate's to start playing again. he used to be very good. we'll try to stop by tonight or in the next few days. i'm also trying to get my other friend to pick up the game again.

Cletus attempted to do a drop on HotShot, but lost an Overlord and pulled out. He then attacked HotShot with Lurkers and Hydras on his front, but got demolished. Cletus lost five Lurkers and about 20 Hydras and killed nothing of HotShot's. Just hurt a few buildings and got one Goliath down to 25 health.

lol, you double posted, but this is why I love your recaps.

~HotShotX

:lol: In what amount must Scourge be built in order to not be useless? 20-1? One Valk can pretty much kill 100 Scourge unless they attack from all sides.

[quote name='The Crotch']About to go on.

Darthbudge: you mentioned a "suprise" for my attackers in the last game, but I did not see it. Did you mean the eight-ish Lurkers you had by your ramp? 'Cause they had been there for most the game, just sitting underneath my Observer. A mighty fine job they did against my air, too. Ya had me worried for a minute when I saw some Scourge zipping around, but 'twas no matter.[/quote]

[quote name='The Crotch']I was worried that recap might have been a little long. Normally, I just post from memory. This time, I watched the replay. That's why I was able to detail every attack of significant size.

Still can't believe you did so well with those Goliaths. I usually need Archons to fight Ultralisks and Cracklings (though my attack upgrades probably would have allowed me to go toe-to-toe with them). The Lurker+Hydralisk slaughter was beautiful. He didn't even get one of your buildings into the red, let alone a kill.

The second game - HotShot, one computer, and I VS Cletus and two computers - was also good. However, Cletus' computers were... quite superior to ours, and dominated most of the game. Cletus later said that he considered attacking his own computer just so that he could take an expo. Greedy bastards even tried to take the mineral-only right outside my ramp ten minutes in.[/quote]

That was me (Phoom) not Cletus.

Yes that was the funniest game I have ever played. I was even tempted to backstab my comp just to gain those minerals/Gas.

[quote name='Kayden']:lol: In what amount must Scourge be built in order to not be useless? 20-1? One Valk can pretty much kill 100 Scourge unless they attack from all sides.[/quote]

Does anybody remember the campaign when they first introduced Valk in Brood War?

It was freaking awesome - like 5 valks took on like 12-15 mutas like it was nothing.

[quote name='The Crotch']Crazy fucking games tonight with Jarvis' brother. Suffice it to say, I have found a clip that will soon replace elprincipe's priceless insult in my signature.

Best. Spell use. Ever.

"I didn't know EMP made things explode!"[/QUOTE]

I'd like to mention I had a hand in this epic future to be sig :)

[quote name='The Crotch']About to go on.

Darthbudge: you mentioned a "suprise" for my attackers in the last game, but I did not see it. Did you mean the eight-ish Lurkers you had by your ramp? 'Cause they had been there for most the game, just sitting underneath my Observer. A mighty fine job they did against my air, too. Ya had me worried for a minute when I saw some Scourge zipping around, but 'twas no matter.[/quote]

lol When I went out to scout I saw you had about 8 Zealots and a few dragoons outside my base so I assumed you were going to make a ground assualt at which my lurkers would chew them up.

As for the scourges I was going to build a huge force of them but after my first six got done I ran out Gas and I realized that there was no where I could go for more Gas so I just tried to find a carrier to damage but your AA turrets took me down.

btw I hate observers.

bread's done
Back