CAG Street Fighter IV Multi-day Tournament...3/02 morning UPDATE!

y'know ill enter too..but ill probably get my ass handed to me. Atleast it would be a CAG and im happy about that.

Integralsmatic
XBOX 360
XBL Name:SoldatCrinale
Ken or Dan

no kens...so i might as well choose Ken hehe(soodmeg will probably kill me =) )

EDIT:
didnt read the list all that well. well im ken #3 i think hehe.

anyway i may choose Dan. So leave it as "or" till the tournet comes up or whenever you guys want me to decide.

edit 2:
sorry Zero, here are my availability times
Friday N.A
Saturday after 4
Sunday after 9

Last edited by a moderator:
Megaten
Xbox 360
Megaten
Cammy

Also, probably free during the afternoon after classes, so between 12:30 - 7:00 pm. Might be around in the evenings after that too, but I can't say for sure on any given night.

Cag Username: grndoom
System participating in: 360
Live/PSN username: grndoom
Main: Sagat

Anything after 8 on weekdays (PST). Weekend is good.

I would want a one day tournament, but realisticly organizing what 25-40 people would be pretty hard. I suggest the first tourney is like 2 or 3 days, then after we get the kinks out, try to do one day tourneys. cause u know people are gonna d/c, theres gonna be four double ko's in a row, four draws in a row or something stupid. someone accidently choosing ryu instead of ken.

[quote name='Furashu']I would want a one day tournament, but realisticly organizing what 25-40 people would be pretty hard. I suggest the first tourney is like 2 or 3 days, then after we get the kinks out, try to do one day tourneys. cause u know people are gonna d/c, theres gonna be four double ko's in a row, four draws in a row or something stupid. someone accidently choosing ryu instead of ken.[/quote]

The easiest way to do a tourney is to make the match-ups and set a date at which they need to be played. Winner must report to OP. Missed matches or unable to connect situations should be figured out by OP as they happen.

I'd also like to add that players shouldn't be bound to one character. I mean, I'm only going to play as Zangief, but a Balrog might not want to be matched up against Zangief so the player should have the choice to change...but that's just my opinion.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']I'd also like to add that players shouldn't be bound to one character. I mean, I'm only going to play as Zangief, but a Balrog might not want to be matched up against Zangief so the player should have the choice to change...but that's just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Assuming this is going to be best 2/3 matches, I think the standard tourney rule of winner keeps character, loser can change if they want to should be allowed.

Azumangaman
Azumangaman
Sakura

Its a damn tough choice to pick a main (I've never really had a main character in SF) but I'll train up with Sakura!

[quote name='Furashu']I would want a one day tournament, but realisticly organizing what 25-40 people would be pretty hard. I suggest the first tourney is like 2 or 3 days, then after we get the kinks out, try to do one day tourneys. cause u know people are gonna d/c, theres gonna be four double ko's in a row, four draws in a row or something stupid. someone accidently choosing ryu instead of ken.[/quote]

Hopefully there won't be that many draws/double K.O.s/disconnects during the tourney. With so many people that signed up with the intent on participating, the tourney will most likely take a few days.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']The easiest way to do a tourney is to make the match-ups and set a date at which they need to be played. Winner must report to OP. Missed matches or unable to connect situations should be figured out by OP as they happen.
[/quote]

This is most likely what the set up will be like, unless there are only a few participants

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']
I'd also like to add that players shouldn't be bound to one character. I mean, I'm only going to play as Zangief, but a Balrog might not want to be matched up against Zangief so the player should have the choice to change...but that's just my opinion.[/quote]

For the first tourney, you can use whoever you want, no restrictions what so ever. I only ask that people list their main/s is/are because if we have a random character tournament, people getting their mains would most likely make the playing field uneven. Also, maybe to help people prepare for their match ups.

Alright....Gonna try a one day tournament on Friday Feb. 27, 2009 for people that want a one day tournament. That tournament is going to start at 6 pm Central time for the PS3 users and 8 pm Central for the 360 users. I will start a thread in the PS3 and 360 forums for the sign up for that one day tournament.

The next day, Sat. Feb. 28, 2009. We will start the multi-day tournament for people that can't make it on friday, or prefer a multi day one. I am hoping to get at least 3 matches for everyone and then we will go from there. I will be adding everyone to the tournament who has posted their info here.

For the multi day tournament, if you can't make it on the first day(02-28-09) for whatever reason. You can either postpone the match to the next day (can't make it Sat, you have until Sun 11:59 pm to compelte the match) or you can pass and the other person gets a bye. Most of the tracking will be done by you cags, since this multiday tournament is spreadout. Winners of the match, please post the outcome of the matches. If you guys can get the ball rolling (A and B matched up, C and D matched up. A wins match and posts. D wins match and posts. A and D notices that they will be fighting next, they get together and have their match...and so on), I hope that made sense.

I will hopefully have brackets up by later tonight.

--edit--

Threads have been made for the one day tournaments. Please post there if you are interested and so I can start on a bracket.
Playstation 3
Xbox 360

Ah, nuts. I want to do the one day tournament but I can't make this Friday's. I guess I'll take part in that multi-day tournament starting Saturday.

If it's on Friday after 8pm, well poo. I'll definitely still play, but good job to whoever gets matched with me - I'm gonna be so sauced up by that point...

What time zone are we going by? I think i work till 8pm est time.

Mako1215
ShinigamiDojima
Cammy (or Sagat)

Everyone above this post has been added to the list.

I am working on the brackets right now for the Friday and Saturday tournaments. For the Saturday tournament for the 360 people, I am going to have to split the brackets in two. Which means there will be two brackets, A and B

bread's done
Back