CAG Survey: $1,000 in Amazon gift cards up for grabs - Ends 2/9

[quote name='KSHLove']just completed the survey. Anyone who already registered with the site, be sure to check your email for the invite.[/QUOTE]

I registered days ago and never got an invite. They got my info, that was what they wanted.

[quote name='Josef']I registered days ago and never got an invite. They got my info, that was what they wanted.[/quote]

Mine went to a Gmail spam folder. Make sure you check your spam folders.

Took the survey awhile back, just wanted to say that I hope it has a very positive effect for Cheapassgamer.com and it's community.

Never heard back about any surveys,must be too old for them to want me to do surveys.I'll take a prize tho ;)

How long do they take to send the email confirmation? Been waiting about 15 minutes.

Yeah.. I don't think it's coming, heh.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarkZion']Ends on monday, so I'm guessing either sometime monday or not too long after.[/quote]
O duh that makes sense... lol

[quote name='sippycupz']How long do they take to send the email confirmation? Been waiting about 15 minutes.

Yeah.. I don't think it's coming, heh.[/QUOTE]

It never came for me.

Was the deadline last night or day you have all day today to enter? I already took it, I just want a better idea on when it's being drawn.

[quote name='lilboo']Yeah, $500 would be really nice. I have an apartment to decorate.
..or even $50 would be bad ass.[/quote]

I would be happy for any of it. I've never won anything, and my luck is terrible so I know I'm pretty much out of it. I wonder when the winners are announced.

[quote name='Josef']It never came for me.[/QUOTE]

Ditto.
I entered near the announcement and didn't read the entire thread for an answer to this, but did others receive confirmation emails? Sorry if that's been answered.
-Eric

[quote name='Mad Scientist']Ditto.
I entered near the announcement and didn't read the entire thread for an answer to this, but did others receive confirmation emails? Sorry if that's been answered.
-Eric[/quote]
I got mine, they even had me do another survey to win other stuff.

[quote name='Xavin']I got mine, they even had me do another survey to win other stuff.[/QUOTE]

Me too, a 500$ Amazon card again so now I have double chances of winning :lol:

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Me too, a 500$ Amazon card again so now I have double chances of winning :lol:[/quote]
Yeah, exactly, seems like a legit service to me.

Well it ended yesterday, and the site says winners will be notified via email

"The prize will be a computer-generated random draw that will take place on February 9th,, 2009. The winner will be notified by email."

Anyone get an email? Or maybe there's a delay on it.

Nothing yet for me. Most likely some lurkers will win this. :roll:

Something like this should have been for people who have been around for awhile ...

[quote name='lilboo']Nothing yet for me. Most likely some lurkers will win this. :roll:

Something like this should have been for people who have been around for awhile ...[/quote]

just a lose lose situation...

really avg consistant post count should count.

[quote name='xycury']just a lose lose situation...

really avg consistant post count should count.[/QUOTE]

Well I've said it before and I'll say it again, free stuff forum should be registered only.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Well I've said it before and I'll say it again, free stuff forum should be registered only.[/quote]

I believe that's unfair. Lurkers are equally important to the community and its growth. Many members start as lurkers until they feel like they have something to contribute to the forums. Locking them out only restricts the community growth.

[quote name='eterral']I believe that's unfair. Lurkers are equally important to the community and its growth. Many members start as lurkers until they feel like they have something to contribute to the forums. Locking them out only restricts the community growth.[/quote]

Agreed. I think the free stuff forum should be open. I do however wish there was a feature like the spoiler button for codes. However, you'd have to be logged in to use it. That way lurkers could see what they would get if they registered and maybe have been somewhat active.

[quote name='louiedog']Agreed. I think the free stuff forum should be open. I do however wish there was a feature like the spoiler button for codes. However, you'd have to be logged in to use it. That way lurkers could see what they would get if they registered and maybe have been somewhat active.[/quote]

Disagreed.

You don't need to pay into CAG. Sign up and say hi.

Lurkers only look... provide NO benefit besides eating up bandwidth and clicking ads, possibly clicking on refferals for shopping.

I think a community grows better with people that actively support it. Which doesn't take much here.

[quote name='xycury']Disagreed.

Lurkers only look... provide NO benefit besides eating up bandwidth and clicking ads, possibly clicking on refferals for shopping.

I think a community grows better with people that actively support it. Which doesn't take much here.[/QUOTE]

2 on 2 eh? Like like we'll have to do it like gentelmen.

MIDGET TOOOOOSS!

I would hope the people doing this would send out "Sorry you didn't win" emails on top of "You won, yay!" emails.

I wish Cheapy would enlighten us :(

Nothing. Although I actually did get asked to do another survey from the site recently. I think I had another account from a long time ago and never got one email. Let's hope they post names up or something.

[quote name='xycury']Disagreed.

I think a community grows better with people that actively support it. Which doesn't take much here.[/quote]

See that's where you are totally wrong. Lurkers support this site just as much as registered users. They click ads, support the podcast and do surveys like this one. Most of them don't know of any deals and so they see no reason to sign up. You have to find a way to encourage them to sign up. Locking them out? Yeah.. sounds like a great invitation.

I used to be a lurker until i realized i couldn't see some of the threads (used to go on just to see Speedy =/), so i signed up and eventually became a member.

Taking away things from lurkers won't do any good. Maybe they can secretly plan out that the winners have to be established on CAG without officially saying it ;).

bread's done
Back