CAG the Game

Richard Kain

CAGiversary!
I would like to post a question or two. Should CAG have its own themed game? And if you feel that it should, what type/kind/style of game do you think it should be?

Yes, that's what Cheapy D and Wombat would like. But what would the user community like? CAG is much larger than just the founders. If a CAG game were ever to be produced, I have no doubt that they would go to the community for feedback on what it should entail.

Personally, I'm not sold on a Tribes-esque CAG game. I don't think it fits the general theme of CAG. How would you work the CAG theme into it? Have each base be a store? I'm sure there are ways to work it in there, but it would be a bit of a stretch for the Tribes gameplay. I'm thinking something more along the lines of a puzzle or strategy game would be more appropriate to cheap ass gaming.

[quote name='Richard Kain']Yes, that's what Cheapy D and Wombat would like. But what would the user community like? CAG is much larger than just the founders. If a CAG game were ever to be produced, I have no doubt that they would go to the community for feedback on what it should entail.

Personally, I'm not sold on a Tribes-esque CAG game. I don't think it fits the general theme of CAG. How would you work the CAG theme into it? Have each base be a store? I'm sure there are ways to work it in there, but it would be a bit of a stretch for the Tribes gameplay. I'm thinking something more along the lines of a puzzle or strategy game would be more appropriate to cheap ass gaming.[/quote]

Cheapy and Wombat were joking on this idea. There's a 99% chance this game will never come out. But any CAG themed game released would be awesome.

[quote name='as50193']Cheapy and Wombat were joking on this idea. There's a 99% chance this game will never come out. But any CAG themed game released would be awesome.[/quote]

I'd say it is more like a 100% chance. :cry:

Racing game a la Crazy Taxi. Start in small towns to get games on your mission list. When you get to larger towns and smaller cities, good luck; you have to rely on clues as to where the game might be and still beat the lurking hoarders there. XP

I really like the Crazy-Taxi idea. A free-roaming city game where you hunt down prospective deals. Very good application of the CAG theme.

I was also thinking that something similar on a smaller scale might be good. Possibly an action / exploration title set in a shopping mall. You would have to track down deals from the various electronics stores, while avoiding the throngs of shoppers milling around the non-gaming outlets. Smack someone in the face in order to get through a crowd, and the mall cops will come after you. Subsequent sequels could be based on major shopping days throughout the year. Like CAG: Night before Christmas, or CAG: Black Friday. You could build a solid 2D game around the concept.

Maybe just a much larger version of the shopping mall levels in Zombies Ate My Neighbors. Except it would be called Hoarders Stole My Atlus. And you rescue games instead of people.

bread's done
Back