CAG Warhawk GGL Tourny *Done

[quote name='robobagins']oy, wtf? Did everyone just get dropped, it looks like it. Who the hell was hosting this? So what now?[/quote]
:roll:
Someone on their team.
Technically, if they were hosting and the failed, then it's their forfeit.

How many people did we manage to have on.

[quote name='mguiddy']:roll:
Someone on their team.
Technically, if they were hosting and the failed, then it's their forfeit.

How many people did we manage to have on.[/QUOTE]

we had 7 for the most part....

Okay, well I guess we won...
See. Make your voices heard there if you want to ask them about what happened.

Still strange as to what happened.

Yea that was wierd, they started the match at like 5:55, we started off with more players, they had like 6 the whole time, while we were at a full 8. We took an early lead then 5-10 mins into the game its starts getting laggy.

I got in with maybe 7-8 mins left.

But no one could hear me. Lag was just amazing, as in unplayable. Half the people did not have names. I think I accidentally killed a teamate with the binoculars (happens when you can't see 10 secs into the future) but all that came up was a number.

Well this is messed up, if they couldn't get the required number of player (8) it should have been a forfeit loss for them, and if they couldn't successfully host until the end, it should have been a forfeit loss for them... So really they should have forfeit... But the also seem to have messed up the server settings if the game started before there were 16 players on the server, so who knows...

So a lot of crazy stuff went down, I guess, haha...

Sorry if it's a bother, but on the Warhawk CAG game night thread, it only has the GGL_Match listed, so may I ask, will it just be the game name from the other game?

Thanks, sorry again for the inconvenience.

[quote name='Tux.Bobble']So a lot of crazy stuff went down, I guess, haha...

Sorry if it's a bother, but on the Warhawk CAG game night thread, it only has the GGL_Match listed, so may I ask, will it just be the game name from the other game?

Thanks, sorry again for the inconvenience.[/quote]

Woah... Didn't notice that...

Mana must not be hosting tonight...
Strange, I don't remember seeing that...

I can whip up a rotation and have a server up, it'll be the same info for the game tomorrow.

Ok, well it was disastrous to say the least.
I was waiting for the game summary screen to take pics, but it crashed before then. Here's some in game photos but we can't technically prove that we were playing them.

There's no way they would have caught up or won.
Great games guys, way to keep them pinned at their base.

l_d54c0581a70704cdee86cc9737583695.jpg
l_2017c685967e88419cec1f1a531f6a62.jpg
l_b0ccca17540fc25edf274140916459bf.jpg

[quote name='dkim064']Ok, well it was disastrous to say the least.
I was waiting for the game summary screen to take pics, but it crashed before then. Here's some in game photos but we can't technically prove that we were playing them.

There's no way they would have caught up or won.
Great games guys, way to keep them pinned at their base.

l_d54c0581a70704cdee86cc9737583695.jpg
l_2017c685967e88419cec1f1a531f6a62.jpg
l_b0ccca17540fc25edf274140916459bf.jpg
[/quote]

A picture of the player list (that shows up when you "pause" the game) would have shown a bunch of [BLU] tags... Doesn't matter this time, as they reported it as a win for us, though "technically" it probably should have been a forfeit loss for them.

Good for us, we won at least. Not really a great game though, just bizareness all around... lots of pauses, lagginess, etc. At one point I sniped one of their players who was frozen in a lag loop. Sort of cheap, but whatever. At another point, I was trying to snipe a player that was stuck running in a circle. I kept missing!

[quote name='mguiddy']A picture of the player list (that shows up when you "pause" the game) would have shown a bunch of [BLU] tags... Doesn't matter this time, as they reported it as a win for us, though "technically" it probably should have been a forfeit loss for them.[/quote]

Yea, should have paused but it didn't come to mind for some reason. Oops. :cry::cry:
I'm willing to play em again if they get cheesy... but it should be a forfeit.

Team Red Dragon is being pretty silent, I tried asking if 8v8 was good for them and if they had a host 3 days ago and no one responded yet. I went ahead and sent a message to their team leader. I'll post when I find out anything.

Also, we have a new challenge, from someone that seems to be confused, as they only have two team members... Anywho, details are in the fourth post.

[quote name='dkim064']^ Fourth post?[/quote]

[quote name='wtfisthisfob']First page, wont be able to make it to this one.

May 25 2008 1:00PM EDT
May 26 2008 1:00PM EDT
May 29 2008 1:00PM EDT[/quote]
Yeah, the fourth post on the first page of this thread...

I can't do the 29th at 1:00PM EDT, work after all. Sunday and Monday are fine(3-day weekend!)

Here's my schedule: MWF any time at or after 9PM EDT, and TTh any time after 5PM EDT, Weekends any time.

May 29 2008 1:00PM EDT

is the only one of those that will work for me.

If they have less then 4 they can't play right?

I can make any of the 3 dates against megateam89. assuming that happens.

And I'm setting my alarm for tomorrow's match right now.

I can make the 26th or the 29th. Tomorrow I can't make. I also don't know if Mana invited me to the clan after last night's match--I'll check tonight to see.

[quote name='mguiddy']

Yeah... So we were challenged by Megateam89... Yeah... they have two people on their team right now, both from Ireland...
Anywho, they proposed these times
Code:
May 25 2008 1:00PM EDT
May 26 2008 1:00PM EDT
May 29 2008 1:00PM EDT
Let me know if these times are good for anyone.[/quote]

I can make it to the games on the 25 and 29
Also, I'm volunteering to sit out Sunday as a sub, but I'll try to log in soon after in case there's space. But I doubt it since everyone seems to be keeping their promises.

Also, as Mguiddy asked, what's our official team name?

Are there enough players for tonight's match? I might be late if needed, but if there's enough guys I'll sit out and give others a chance.

Alright... It looks like I will be hosting tonight (turns out it's in the rules... more later).

Sever name should be GGL_Match, the password will be "waterworld".

First thing everyone should do when they show up is check to see how many CAGs are on, if there is +8, wait a few minutes and leave... Now that I think about it I'll be watching the player list and will kick any excess players if they don't leave fast enough. So if you're kicked that's why.

If you played in the match on Friday, show up a little late as I'd rather people that didn't play on Friday play today if there's enough of them.

And about what I mentioned earlier... Get this... According to the rules, whomever is challenged is the Default host. They don't "have" to host, if both teams agree on a different host. Doesn't sound all that bad right, well if the challenging team decides to be shaq-fuers they can force the challenged team to host... but if they can't then instant forfeit loss for the challenged team... Freaking ridiculous... I can see this being used by the less scrupulous teams to gain a ton of points for doing nothing.

[quote name='mguiddy']
And about what I mentioned earlier... Get this... According to the rules, whomever is challenged is the Default host. They don't "have" to host, if both teams agree on a different host. Doesn't sound all that bad right, well if the challenging team decides to be shaq-fuers they can force the challenged team to host... but if they can't then instant forfeit loss for the challenged team... Freaking ridiculous... I can see this being used by the less scrupulous teams to gain a ton of points for doing nothing.[/QUOTE]

Ah hell nah! :bs:
You're right, let's just hope that those teams that plan on cheating don't challenge us... ;)

No, it's "waterworld"
Right now we have six.
And we're red team, make sure you switch to red if you show up.

Zen... where'd you go...

We're full now.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']We won! Woooooooooooooooo! \\:D/[/quote]
Yeah, we came in first in a one man race...

Side note, anyone know exactly how Player Clan servers work? Do you put in the full clan name, or just the [CAG] tag?

[quote name='robobagins']Dang, hopefully we're able to play an actual full match before the this part of the tourney is over[/quote]

I doubt it... The practice ladder ends on Tuesday.

[quote name='wjr2891']We should have a better chance of playing if we make it into the bracket[/quote]

Well the bracket stage doesn't start until June 29th.

I can see us getting a crap ton of challenges Tuesday morning.

Oh, and about that other team that challenged us... I've sent them a message asking why the challenged us when they don't have enough players... We'll see what they say.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']^^^ Maybe their team isn't as organized as we are... ;):cool:[/quote]

Well then they shouldn't be sending challenges.

I could accept it for an easy 80 points (accept it and say we have to do 8v8 and make them host...) When less than 8 people show up for them or if they have someone play that isn't in their roster, boom, instant forfeit.

[quote name='mguiddy']Well then they shouldn't be sending challenges.

I could accept it for an easy 80 points (accept it and say we have to do 8v8 and make them host...) When less than 8 people show up for them or if they have someone play that isn't in their roster, boom, instant forfeit.[/quote]

I think we should start accepting all challenges. It seems that we'll have at least 4-6 players for whatever proposed time.

Plus, it seems like other teams are unorganized at this moment, so we should whoop 'em all and put fear into their hearts.
:twisted::whee:

Hey we have been challenged by Megateam89 (they have 4 players) for these match times:

May 26 - 10am PDT
May 29 - 10am PDT

I can make it to both, and I was wondering if anyone else could make it.
Mguiddy, I don't know if this is on the first page, so sorry if you already asked.

Anyone get a trash-talk message on GGL from Hippijoebob?
Just wondering since he said RedDragon would "kick our ass. lol"

I told him i'd give him a towel to wipe the shit off his face if i could...

bread's done
Back