CAG Warhawk GGL Tourny *Done

[quote name='mguiddy']I doubt it... The practice ladder ends on Tuesday.[/quote]
If it ends Tuesday why are we getting challenges for after Tuesday?

[quote name='dkim064']Hey we have been challenged by Megateam89 (they have 4 players) for these match times:

May 26 - 10am PDT
May 29 - 10am PDT

I can make it to both, and I was wondering if anyone else could make it.
Mguiddy, I don't know if this is on the first page, so sorry if you already asked.

[/quote]

I can make it to the Thursday match if it really is PDT.

Well hopefully someone on our team will always be able to host then? I'll check my connection to see if it's stable enough for that at some point. (heck, maybe even just do a dedicated server, if I can't play at the time) I'm going to be at one location til the 1st, when I move into my temporary house (I'm in college so I have a one year lease to move into on the first of June) and I'll see how the connection is at that place, too.

Good that we won! Give some details, was it even fun/challenging?

I can't play against Megateam or the Irish guys at those times, it's either way too early or way too late for me.

Can our team name be the fuckers?

[quote name='fuss']If it ends Tuesday why are we getting challenges for after Tuesday?

I can make it to the Thursday match if it really is PDT.[/quote]

Have you ever been to the GGL website? It isn't exactly perfect... actually, it's pretty far from perfect.
I guess if we accept the Thursday match it will be in the non-practice ladder.

[quote name='Tux.Bobble']Well hopefully someone on our team will always be able to host then? I'll check my connection to see if it's stable enough for that at some point. (heck, maybe even just do a dedicated server, if I can't play at the time) I'm going to be at one location til the 1st, when I move into my temporary house (I'm in college so I have a one year lease to move into on the first of June) and I'll see how the connection is at that place, too.[/quote]

Yes, it would be nice to find more hosts, as I pretty much can't host during the week and Mana's the only other one whose connection is reliable.
And I wouldn't count on a dedicated server. I tried that one day and it crashed in probably less than two hours.

[quote name='fuss']May 29 2008 1:00PM EDT

is the only one of those that will work for me.

If they have less then 4 they can't play right?[/quote]

Really, they shouldn't be allowed to participate with less than 8 members. GGL is a horrible site.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Good that we won! Give some details, was it even fun/challenging?

I can't play against Megateam or the Irish guys at those times, it's either way too early or way too late for me.

Can our team name be the fuckers?[/quote]

Details... You want details...
They didn't produce enough members... for maybe 10 minutes there were 8 (7 really, since I didn't spawn, I just watched the player list screen) of us vs 5 of them. We gave them an additional 15 minutes over the 10 minutes in the rules to get their guys there.

[quote name='dkim064']Hey we have been challenged by Megateam89 (they have 4 players) for these match times:

May 26 - 10am PDT
May 29 - 10am PDT

I can make it to both, and I was wondering if anyone else could make it.
Mguiddy, I don't know if this is on the first page, so sorry if you already asked.

[/quote]

Oh... are they up to 4 members now... they still really need 4 more to be able to participate, according to the rules.

[quote name='dkim064']Anyone get a trash-talk message on GGL from Hippijoebob?
Just wondering since he said RedDragon would "kick our ass. lol"

I told him i'd give him a towel to wipe the shit off his face if i could...
[/quote]

Nope... Didn't get any message from him...

[quote name='dkim064']
I think we should start accepting all challenges. It seems that we'll have at least 4-6 players for whatever proposed time.

Plus, it seems like other teams are unorganized at this moment, so we should whoop 'em all and put fear into their hearts.
:twisted::whee:[/quote]

If we had 8-10 people that could show at any time (as long as it isn't crazy like 4:30 am Eastern or something) I would accept any time, but look at today, twelve people had said they were going to be able to make it, but only nine did. 4-6 isn't nearly enough, especially since any team that challenged us could easily say "Nope, we want an 8v8" and if we can't get 8 players, then we forfeit...
But you have my account info there, feel free to do what you will.

Going for biggest post here...
So we've got

26th
DaNaD
Zen
Super
Tux
Freaky
Stranded
SmogItUp
Me

29th
DaNaD
SoCal
Super
Tux
Freaky
God

So it looks like I should accept the challenge for tomorrow...
Seriously, you guys don't have anything better to do on Memorial Day than sit inside playing Warhawk?:lol:
If I don't hear back from them (or you guys) by tomorrow I guess I'll accept the match...
You guys know I can suggest other times right? Also, I plan on "forcing" them to host, I don't want to try hosting for a bunch of players in Ireland (mainly cause I noticed Stakis had incredibly high ping last night, but I think he's in Korea now), then having them ping so bad that they try to say our hosting was bad and claim a forfeit win.

[quote name='GodlyOne']I'm available....except for Memorial Day tomorrow :whistle2:k[/quote]
Fixed, I had put you down for the 26th because you had said you were always available (yet somehow I didn't put you down for the 29th... I don't know how that happened).

It surprised me so many said they could make it on the holiday... are we really so many geeks.:whistle2:#:lol::cool:

:wall: < Me in response to the GGL site.

[quote name='mguiddy']Fixed, I had put you down for the 26th because you had said you were always available (yet somehow I didn't put you down for the 29th... I don't know how that happened).

It surprised me so many said they could make it on the holiday... are we really so many geeks.:whistle2:#:lol::cool:

:wall: < Me in response to the GGL site.[/quote]

Haha, sorry about that, I'd show up if I could but my girlfriend wants to do something tomorrow and of course if I say no then I'm in trouble. It's just less effort to go do something with her than stay home/play Warhawk/go try to apologize to her after :lol:
I can make it on the 29th however.

[quote name='GodlyOne']Haha, sorry about that, I'd show up if I could but my girlfriend wants to do something tomorrow and of course if I say no then I'm in trouble. It's just less effort to go do something with her than stay home/play Warhawk/go try to apologize to her after :lol:
I can make it on the 29th however.[/quote]

I'd have to come over there and smack you if you were like "Sorry babe... I gotta play video games with the guys.":lol:

And no need to say sorry, you've just served as a perfect example of why I don't want to go challenge happy, as even though someone thinks "Oh hey, I'm a student and I'm not working over the summer, so I'll be able to show up anytime," things can change at any time and without notice.

:applause: Good luck to everyone tomorrow

I just realized that the games are at 10 A.M. for me, looks like I'll have to stock up on a couple of cases of Red Bull for the matches haha.

*Edit: Wow, the cool little signature doesn't make up for the horribly jumbled/slow to a crawl site that is GGL.

I can show up tomorrow for the 1 pm match if you need people. If not, I'll be heading over to my fire dept parade picnic. I am also available for 1pm on the 29th

I only work on the weekends, so the day time should be fine for me unless I'm at a fire dept call.

:roll:
I went ahead and accepted the challenge for Mon the 26th at 1:00pm EDT...

Honestly, I see this being less of a match than the one on Sunday was.

[quote name='mguiddy']
You guys know I can suggest other times right? Also, I plan on "forcing" them to host, I don't want to try hosting for a bunch of players in Ireland (mainly cause I noticed Stakis had incredibly high ping last night, but I think he's in Korea now), then having them ping so bad that they try to say our hosting was bad and claim a forfeit win.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering what my effect on the games would be since I'm 10,000km (sorry I'm canadian, I don't get that Miles shit.... lol just kidding, no hate here) away from home.

I noticed that last game I was having some connection issues, but I think that was due to my ISP... which is strange cause I get 10 M/sec down and 8 MB/Sec up here... (for really cheap too might I add)

anyways, I don't think I really lag down every game do I? if this is a problem, I'll sit out on the GGL matches.... I think now that I've played once I'll at least get the knife skin right?

[quote name='stakis']I was wondering what my effect on the games would be since I'm 10,000km (sorry I'm canadian, I don't get that Miles shit.... lol just kidding, no hate here) away from home.

I noticed that last game I was having some connection issues, but I think that was due to my ISP... which is strange cause I get 10 M/sec down and 8 MB/Sec up here... (for really cheap too might I add)

anyways, I don't think I really lag down every game do I? if this is a problem, I'll sit out on the GGL matches.... I think now that I've played once I'll at least get the knife skin right?[/quote]

No, you don't lag down the games... At least for me (but I was the host:cool:) but you were having half a second ping times. I didn't want to host a game with people in Ireland and then have them try to say that they were lagging so bad they couldn't play and try to make us do a forfeit loss.

[quote name='dkim064']I'll be there tomorrow too.
Are you hosting the server Mguiddy?[/quote]

No I'm not hosting. Man, I really didn't feel good last night... I got confused. Since they did challenge us, I would "have" to host. So yeah, I will host.

[quote name='smiggity']I can always be a backup host or whatnot, I think I can handle 8v8 matches.

Is this match @ 1pm EST? Im getting confused[/quote]

That would be awesome, as I'm sure we'll get challenges for during the week and I cannot host then.

And about the match today... they technically already forfeit. If they don't contact us within three hours of the scheduled match time, it's an automatic forfeit. That's why I accepted the game last night and made sure to post here and sent the leader a pm at the same time.

Well, I finally heard back (they said they couldn't host), and even though they already technically forfeit, I figured what the hell and said I would host.

Anywho, the server name will be
GGL_Match or GGL_Match_CAG_MEG
and password will be
"postman"

And it'll be a 5v5 game.

Map is Eucadia (High vs Low)

I don't see how they could do a 5v5 game, when they only have three people on the squad...:roll:

[quote name='smiggity']Well this is a clusterfuck[/quote]

So it goes well with every other match we've had...:lol:

Oh, and the map is Eucadia (High vs Low)

[quote name='Tux.Bobble']Seems like Mana never invited me to the clan. That mean I won't be able to play in the game today?[/quote]
Go head, I don't think it matters.

Yeah... Now it seems I should just not do the match and do a forfeit win.

If that occurs, accept it and when match time comes (in case they get more members by then) submit a forfeit win. If you happen to do this in the live tournament, which begins tomorrow, let me know.

Well, I'll be online just in case...

Oh also, I tested my connection at home--it seems like it'll only let me host up to 8 players from my home connection, unfortunately. So I'd be unlikely to host in the near future (at least until June 1st when I move elsewhere, not sure what kind of connection I'll have there...)

[quote name='Tux.Bobble']Said unable to join. I'll try again in a sec.

Yea I keep getting unable to join...[/quote]
You sure the password is postman

Doesn't seem like it matters... no one on the other team in online.

Yea I tried a bunch of times. Long as we're all there--make sure someone gets screenshots if you can, because I feel like against this team we may need proof. Seemed like kind of shady dealings...

man, i've had connectivity problems all morning.
i hate Comcast... :twoguns:

anyways, seems they didn't show up... which I kind of guessed.
thanks for hosting mguiddy

Yeah, no one on their team showed.
And it's strange that no one beside Super and Freaky could join... I wonder what was up with that.

Either way, the forfeit win for us would stand since, even though they'd have to disprove our forfeit win, I can easily prove they didn't contact us at least 3 hours before the match AND they don't have at least 5 players on their roster.

Sometimes I wonder if the GGL guys know anything about Warhawk.

Hey, we're holding the top spot on the Practice Ladder. :)
I know it doesn't really matter, since the Competition Bracket is the one that does, but seeing that just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...
redface.gif

[quote name='stakis']I was wondering what my effect on the games would be since I'm 10,000km (sorry I'm canadian, I don't get that Miles shit.... lol just kidding, no hate here) away from home.[/quote]

:shame: Never apologize for being Canadian OR not undestanding miles vs. KM.... Never!

Dang, I haven't had much time this weekend to keep up with CAG. Wish I could've made a GGL match, but seems like we're on a hot win streak!

Not sure what you mean with the numbers in the 2nd post for people's schedules. But, just put me down as a PM player and I'll try to keep up with the thread.

Thanks for keeping everything up to date and organized!!!

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Dang, I haven't had much time this weekend to keep up with CAG. Wish I could've made a GGL match, but seems like we're on a hot win streak!

Not sure what you mean with the numbers in the 2nd post for people's schedules. But, just put me down as a PM player and I'll try to keep up with the thread.

Thanks for keeping everything up to date and organized!!![/quote]

Well...
+20 means they are available after 8 pm Eastern.
+22 means they are available after 10pm Eastern.
And so on.

I switched you to all PM

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']:shame: Never apologize for being Canadian OR not undestanding miles vs. KM.... Never![/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA.... glad to see I have a fellow brother amongst our cheap asses

Wow, it really does seem like we are the most organized team in this tournament, congrats on another win guys :D. Is the GGL game not happening anymore on Thursday?

Oh and Stakis, I used to live in Edmonton and I still have no real understanding of either miles or kilometers :lol:

[quote name='GodlyOne']Wow, it really does seem like we are the most organized team in this tournament, congrats on another win guys :D. Is the GGL game not happening anymore on Thursday?

Oh and Stakis, I used to live in Edmonton and I still have no real understanding of either miles or kilometers :lol:[/quote]
Not the one you're thinking of... who knows what challenges await us tomorrow (the start of the non-practice ladder).

Also, I read they changed the rules, if a team is challenged to a match, but can only get 5 people to show up, then it's a 5v5. So no team can force an 8v8 game.

Now if only they'd take off the option for a 5v5 and 7v7 games, as those will be the most annoying games EVER!
It'll be a hassle to have to constantly watch the player list screen to make sure extra players don't pop in (since Warhawk doesn't have an option for a 10/14 min/max)... but I think I've complained about this already.

[quote name='mguiddy']Not the one you're thinking of... who knows what challenges await us tomorrow (the start of the non-practice ladder).

Also, I read they changed the rules, if a team is challenged to a match, but can only get 5 people to show up, then it's a 5v5. So no team can force an 8v8 game.

Now if only they'd take off the option for a 5v5 and 7v7 games, as those will be the most annoying games EVER!
It'll be a hassle to have to constantly watch the player list screen to make sure extra players don't pop in (since Warhawk doesn't have an option for a 10/14 min/max)... but I think I've complained about this already.[/quote]

Oh, ok. We're at the top of the ladder right now so I'm guessing we'll be getting challenges left and right. It would've been funny if we won the whole tournament cause every other team couldn't get enough players, winning a whole tournament by forfeit would just be fucking great :lol:

Hahaha, I just looked at the ladder and it's hilarious that we're 2nd with a bunch of forfeit wins. Is that actually three forfeits, or did you guys play a real match somewhere in there?

[quote name='GodlyOne']Oh, ok. We're at the top of the ladder right now so I'm guessing we'll be getting challenges left and right. It would've been funny if we won the whole tournament cause every other team couldn't get enough players, winning a whole tournament by forfeit would just be fucking great :lol:[/quote]

I will take that sweet knife for free! Hopefully we can get something set up for tomorrow night. If we do count me in...

[quote name='metaly']Hahaha, I just looked at the ladder and it's hilarious that we're 2nd with a bunch of forfeit wins. Is that actually three forfeits, or did you guys play a real match somewhere in there?[/quote]

I think the first match was an actual game but the last 2 games are straight up forfeits. I just checked the ladder again and we're no longer at the top of the list :cry:

bread's done
Back