CAG Warhawk Night [TBD]

[quote name='mguiddy']Is the bandwidth checker thing inside warhawk accurate when it comes to figuring out how many player you can host?

I went to create a game just to see what it would say for me and it put 24 as the max players.[/QUOTE]It usually is. Although, the one at my apartment is kind of wrong, because sometimes it comes up as 24, sometimes as low as 4. Back at home it's consistently 20.
[quote name='aihuman']Anything happening today Saturday,23.[/QUOTE]Not this week, but next week or the next, maybe. I'm trying to settle in CoD4 nights also this week, and once I get them settled, I plan to do an occasional alternate.

I want to apologize to everyone. I found out that the reason my voicechat wasn't working too well was because my router reset the IP and wasn't at NAT Type 2 like it should have been. I'll watch out for that from now on. Sorry again.

I am bummed out that I missed this event. I will certainly have to catch everyone for the next one. I did play some warhawk last night but had to run to dinner before the games started up. :whistle2:(

sorry i missed out, i ended up jamming on guitar with my roommate and totally forgot about the time :( oh well there's always next week...

I just picked this up and I want to participate. I know that you have to play at least on one night before you get an invite to the clan so I'll be there next week.

Are you required to have the expansion set to play?

Also, if I join you guys, can someone please help me not suck quite so much? I've played on public servers some and I don't seem to do very well.

Finally, does having a headset make the game a lot better? I'm thinking of going to get a cheap bluetooth headset, so if you've had a positive experience with a certain model, that'd be helpful (do they all charge via usb?)

Few people in the clan have the expansion, and so far we haven't done any games on expansion maps. So no, definitely not required.

Having a headset is good for spotting enemies, calling for backup, etc., but there are only a few people who use them. I'd say it's recommended, but again, not required.

I can't think of any general gameplay tips off the top of my head, but I'm sure others in the thread can give you some advice.

[quote name='The Ligand']Are you required to have the expansion set to play?

Also, if I join you guys, can someone please help me not suck quite so much? I've played on public servers some and I don't seem to do very well.

Finally, does having a headset make the game a lot better? I'm thinking of going to get a cheap bluetooth headset, so if you've had a positive experience with a certain model, that'd be helpful (do they all charge via usb?)[/quote]

I don't think all headsets charge via usb.

And from the two weeks I've played with CAGs, they don't seem to "help the newbie". They just play as if they were on a regular server.

Biggest tip is to start a local match to get used to things. It's the best way to learn how to fly and drive. After that only play on servers with a max rank of Sergent.

[quote name='mguiddy']And from the two weeks I've played with CAGs, they don't seem to "help the newbie". They just play as if they were on a regular server.[/quote]

In everyone's defense, it's tough to "help the newbie" when it's not readily obvious who's new to Warhawk VS who's just new to the clan games. Plus like I said, headset communication is rarer than is ideal.

If anyone has questions, please ask and we'll try to help out. I'll see if I can come up with a short list of general tips. The best beginning advice I have at the moment is to just play around a bit on your own offline server so you can get a good feel for all the weapons, vehicles, and at least some of the terrain. A lot of skill just comes from playing repeatedly, so don't worry if you don't do too well at first. Everyone was a beginner once.

Except for Lonwang and StrandedBrit. I'm pretty sure they just cheat.

[quote name='metaly']In everyone's defense, it's tough to "help the newbie" when it's not readily obvious who's new to Warhawk VS who's just new to the clan games. Plus like I said, headset communication is rarer than is ideal.
[/quote]
"Not "helping the newbie"" wasn't a negative comment on my part.

Now that I've said it, I'm not sure what I meant by it.:dunce:

And to be fair, no one has ever asked any questions during the games I've played. Had anyone done so I'm sure everyone would be happy to answer.

[quote name='metaly']Except for Lonwang and StrandedBrit. I'm pretty sure they just cheat.[/quote]

LOL. No kidding. It's all "hey, is that..." BLAMO Dead.

Also, is it weird to have a preference to a particular type of plane? I find myself doing the stupidest things sometimes to just get into a Warhawk over a Nemeis.

Well, us at CAG aren't like the most serious Warhawk players (except a few), so it's easier to play with them. If people want a really easy Warhawk match, just play against me. ;)

Anyway, I haven't decided what I'll do about Warhawk night this week, but I cannot host this week. I dunno, I might even resign from my PSN gaming duties, but that's another story. I think mguiddy said he could host 24??? Whoever did, test their connection again, and I might have them host (or just have Josh do it).

[quote name='metaly']Except for Lonwang and StrandedBrit. I'm pretty sure they just cheat.[/quote]

:cry:

There's one difference though. Lonwang is good in a warhawk, and I just suck.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I dunno, I might even resign from my PSN gaming duties, but that's another story.[/quote]

Dude. Don't make me come down there and beat you.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']:cry:

There's one difference though. Lonwang is good in a warhawk, and I just suck.[/quote]

Actually after the brutal beating GAF gave us, I concentrated on my warhawk skills. Apparently it seems to be working lol. Too bad I suck on foot now.

But if anyone has any questions feel free to ask. The best way to get better is to just practice and watch what other players are doing.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']:cry:

There's one difference though. Lonwang is good in a warhawk, and I just suck.[/quote]

Aw, man. Why'd you have to break out the sad face? Well, at least you're modest. :D

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Dude. Don't make me come down there and beat you.[/quote]

I echo StrandedBrit's sentiments, and am geographically close enough to follow through with the beat down. ;)

But seriously, Mana if you need any help feel free to ask around, I'm sure that others (including myself) can help pick up some of the slack.

Anyone up for a midweek scrum? I mean game? Wednesday? I feel bad because I've been unable to make the fri nights for a while and need to get back in the swing of things.

You guys ever thought of splitting into like a cag1 and cag2. There seems to be enough people now. Then at least there would be a bit more of a rivalry. Thoughts?

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Well, us at CAG aren't like the most serious Warhawk players (except a few), so it's easier to play with them. If people want a really easy Warhawk match, just play against me. ;)

Anyway, I haven't decided what I'll do about Warhawk night this week, but I cannot host this week. I dunno, I might even resign from my PSN gaming duties, but that's another story. I think mguiddy said he could host 24??? Whoever did, test their connection again, and I might have them host (or just have Josh do it).[/quote]

Yeah, that was me. I'd be more than willing to try hosting.

I've been playing for about a week, and I am familiar with getting pwned, so if you need a moving target, my id is : Sasanagui

By the way,, Warhawk players I must say, are some of the most creative killers in an fps that i've ever played. I was in a tank trying to shoot down a plane, and the guy just hid behind a rock and blasted me with homing missles. Bastid.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Anyone up for a midweek scrum? I mean game? Wednesday? I feel bad because I've been unable to make the fri nights for a while and need to get back in the swing of things.[/quote]

I'd be up for a Wednesday game, I also have been missing more Friday nights than I should....haha, I might be a little rusty.

[quote name='josh_animebum']I echo StrandedBrit's sentiments, and am geographically close enough to follow through with the beat down. ;)

But seriously, Mana if you need any help feel free to ask around, I'm sure that others (including myself) can help pick up some of the slack.[/QUOTE]You are 1 hour away from me I think.

Well, if people want to play a game on Wednesday, what time do you all want to play and who is willing to host? I just need to know so I update the thread title tomorrow. I cannot play regardless. I'll send a few of you guys a PSN message or PM, explaining my situation and the crazy thing I might do. ;)
[quote name='mguiddy']Yeah, that was me. I'd be more than willing to try hosting.[/QUOTE]All right, I'll tell you what you need to do in order to host one day (about how the map rotation works out and what options to have).

Stupid is more likely. Mana I'm saddened, and dissapointed.

Yeah 9:30 EST Wednesday sounds good. I'll host, unless it looks like we'll get more than 10, at which point we might want to find a larger host.

Here's the info:

Date: 2/27
Time: 9:30pm EST
Server: CAG_Clan
Password: cag

I updated the thread title. If I'm not starting the game for now, I will call it "CAG_Clan" to make it easier for most to find (Most at CAG already know me too well anyway).
[quote name='StrandedBrit']Stupid is more likely. Mana I'm saddened, and dissapointed.

Yeah 9:30 EST Wednesday sounds good. I'll host, unless it looks like we'll get more than 10, at which point we might want to find a larger host.[/QUOTE]
I didn't tell the full story on PSN, but I will say my situation is bad, very, very bad. I'm honestly too embarrassed to discuss some of it.

Hmm...I was going to be picking up Patapon on Wednesday after work as well, but Warhawk sounds like fun as well, so assuming I can find the time I'll probably be there.

Mana, check your PM inbox for my 2 cents (since if you are anything like me you never look up there at it).

[quote name='josh_animebum']Hmm...I was going to be picking up Patapon on Wednesday after work as well, but Warhawk sounds like fun as well, so assuming I can find the time I'll probably be there.

Mana, check your PM inbox for my 2 cents (since if you are anything like me you never look up there at it).[/QUOTE]I plan to get Patapon also, but not on release (long story).

I did and I'll get back to you later.

I MIGHT attend later on, but it will all depend upon how my project goes and what time I get back on Wednesday, since I'm going to open lab most of the night.

Looking forward to Wednesday night Warhawk, hope you can show up for the session Mana Knight. I always head out with the intention of buying Burnout Paradise for the PS3 in the back of my mind since I want to play some online Paradise with CAGs but I never seem to actually get to a store and purchase Burnout for some reason, haha.

I'm up for Wednesday night, I enjoy clan games, and haven't made one in a while. I'll be a little late to the party, roughly 10pm EST. Lousy work, interfering with my gaming.

To let everyone know, I might not get around to editing this thread for a game later this week for another game, because I'm currently in a very rough situation which I don't wish to discuss. I will not be at Warhawk night on Wednesday, and next to no chance I'll be there later this week. If there is Burnout Paradise night and CoD4 night this week, I will not be apart of it. I apologize to everyone.

I'm not sure if I'll be home early enough to host it or not (I usually work late on Mondays and Wednesdays one of the downsides of "flextime") otherwise I would host for sure. I think it would be a good chance for mguiddy to try and set it up if he's willing.

If he can't, I can post sometime tomorrow evening by about 7:30pm to let you know if I can host or not for sure.

Me and 3 guys from work just picked up Warhawk from Target the other week (when they were running the $40 special w/ headset) and have been learning the game. We normally play later on at night (after 11pm CST) since that's when we get off from work. I don't know if you're still running the CAG server by then but if you find yourself a night owl like us, then give me a shout.

PSN Handle: AshDirektor

We have been getting a bit better. I've noticed that all of my friends have been improving at different aspects of the game. I need to get better at the flying part.

If others can't host, I can tomorrow. I can allegedly hold 24, which is a pretty good number. I'd just appreciate it if someone would post a map rotation or something since I've never set up a game before (or I can find one of the past ones posted by Mana).

I have started to play this game and I love it! I am actually kinda good in the matches :bouncy: While I can not mke it Wed nights (work) maybe I can join in another tme. If anybody wants to add me my username is listed under my avatar.

I'm up for tonight. I haven't played a CAG Warhawk game before so I'm pretty excited. It should be fun. Do you have to join the room or does someone send you an invite?

I'm gonna go with the standard room name of "CAG" if for some reason that doesn't work, those will be at least the first three letters. Password will be "cag". Hopefully this goes smoothly with me hosting and a bunch show.

bread's done
Back