CAG Warhawk Night [TBD]

I'm new to CAG but hopefully I can get in with you guys this weekend for some games. I've barely had time to even play Warhawk though so I'll probably get owned :)

[quote name='Arakai']I'm new to CAG but hopefully I can get in with you guys this weekend for some games. I've barely had time to even play Warhawk though so I'll probably get owned :)[/QUOTE]I'm not 100% sure whether I will be there on Friday. But next week, I am guaranteed to be there since I'm hosting the server. It depends upon whether I hang out tomorrow night or feel better after my crazy day. I might not show up for a while if I get this girl to date me, but we probably won't go that far unfortunately.

metaly and DD83, you are welcome to do whatever rotation you want, but I do feel it's best to start out with a DM at least.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I might not show up for a while if I get this girl to date me, but we probably won't go that far unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Just invite her to WH night, duh!
j/k
I can make Fri & maybe Sat, will see you all then.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I'll probably be there for both days, provided I don't go out on Saturday. I'll definitely be there on Friday though. :)[/QUOTE]

What he said.

As for preferred maps, I love me some CTF and like the medium maps best. You'll usually find me playing defense. Call me sadistic, but I enjoy being that frustrating guy between you and my flag. :twisted:

[quote name='iggywiggum']I enjoy being that frustrating guy between you and my flag. :twisted:[/quote]

I noticed. :bomb::bomb: I'm glad you don't mind playing defense, though. In Battlefield, too often it seems everyone but my squad would just throws themselves at the enemy base as soon as the get the chance. Then the other team is free to snatch up control points at their leisure. Good defenders are hard to come by.

[quote name='robobagins']I do love me some dogfight. Need more practice flying myself since I've just recently switched on Proflight.[/quote]

How is pro flight working out? Does it make missiles easier to shake at all? I've only tried it for a little bit and it seemed like I spent half the time upside-down.

[quote name='js1']I like the CQ death matches, mainly because I am not very good at flying the warhawks. I must say though it did feel good last night to finally kill freakyzeeky a couple times![/quote]

LOL, I guess it's one of those days. ;)
I really don't think I'm that good; I get annihilated on the official servers. :cry:
I think the key to playing this game is to use, I guess, common sense... I try to think ahead before doing anything. For example, In CTF games, when I'm riding in a Jeep, I stop and lay some mines in the path where I'll be escaping. That way when I catch their flag and the other team is chasing me with their Jeeps...
mini_bomb.gif
! :twisted:

[quote name='metaly']How is pro flight working out? Does it make missiles easier to shake at all? I've only tried it for a little bit and it seemed like I spent half the time upside-down.[/quote]
Shaking missiles with pro flight is as easy as :joystick:.

Non pro flight players look like :whee:half the time.

OK, here's the mostly-final rotation for Friday's game, if anyone's interested:

DM - Destroyed Capital: Garden Showdown
CTF - Badlands: Supply Chain
ZNS - Archipelago: Island Warfare
TDM - Eucadia: Dogfight
ZNS - Destroyed Capital: High Rise Hop
TDM - Eucadia: Northern Bridge
CTF - Island Outpost: Island Battle
TDM - Archipelago: Dogfight
DM - Badlands: South City

Quick question: The two DM layouts I picked each said 2-8 players, but I swear we've played them with more than that before. Is that just a recommendation, or is it going to start telling people the game's full?

[quote name='metaly']
Quick question: The two DM layouts I picked each said 2-8 players, but I swear we've played them with more than that before. Is that just a recommendation, or is it going to start telling people the game's full?[/quote]
It's just a recommendation. The more the bloodier... er I mean merrier. :twisted:

[quote name='mguiddy']It's just a recommendation. The more the bloodier... er I mean merrier. :twisted:[/quote]

Cool, then I guess we're all set. Bonus points for the first quadruple knife kill!

I got a pizza due at start time, I hope they get here fast lol. But I may be a few mins late depending on the pizza guy

edit - pizza got here super quick - yay I am now ready to play :)

Thanks everyone for showing up. It was a great bunch of games, as usual. Hoo... I'd say more, but after almost 2 1/2 hours of Warhawk, my brain is kind of fried. :drool:

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Landmines sure are fun. Right Mana and Freaky? :lol:

Sure hope I can play tomorrow![/quote]

They sure are... :bomb::bomb::bomb:

Sorry I left you guys, I HAD to take this phone call so I had to log off. I'll most likely be there for COD4 and teh Warhawkorz tomorrow. :)

All right, I'm going to do all small CQDM maps on Saturday, if a lot of people show up (CTF and zones are really only fun with a minimum of 12 people) and someone asks, I can switch over to a mix map set. I may throw in a (ONE) dogfight, so people can practice with flying.

And just in case anyone didn't know, to dodge missiles in proflight all you have to do is move both sticks at the same time. For example move both sticks down, then rotate them together as if you were doing a hadoken.

[quote name='mguiddy']And just in case anyone didn't know, to dodge missiles in proflight all you have to do is move both sticks at the same time. For example move both sticks down, then rotate them together as if you were doing a hadoken.[/quote]

That is madness, I've got to try that out. I've noticed I've been using the auto-loop/roll moves less lately, so maybe it's time to give pro flight another shot.

This forum really needs a hadoken smiley.

[quote name='metaly']YES. That is perfect.

And here's this one again just for good measure:

f0002.gif
[/quote]
LOL, makes me wish there was a Gatling gun in Warhawk, just so the soldiers could have that expression on their faces. :lol:

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I wish Warhawk had a gattling gun.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='smiggity']...and a shotgun[/QUOTE]

That's what Lost Planet is for.

Are people playing tonight? I was totally being a smug asshole wondering who doesn't have plans late on a Saturday night...then all my friends bailed on me for the evening. Screw those jerks, lets kill some people (though I haven't played Warhawk in months, so I'll be terrible).

[quote name='richierich']so CAG password?[/quote]

Pass is usually cag lowercase, not sure if it's case-sensitive.

And yeah, there should be a game starting soon.

[quote name='richierich']so CAG password?[/QUOTE]Yes.

[quote name='mrlogical']Are people playing tonight? I was totally being a smug asshole wondering who doesn't have plans late on a Saturday night...then all my friends bailed on me for the evening. Screw those jerks, lets kill some people (though I haven't played Warhawk in months, so I'll be terrible).[/QUOTE]Yeah, that's kind of why I stopped having real life friends. :whistle2:( Too many would bail on me so I felt it was best not bothering with people.

[quote name='PocariSweat']That's what Lost Planet is for.[/QUOTE]I want Lost Planet. :whistle2:(

Anyway, I will not be there tonight since it's pretty late, but I hope everything goes well.

[quote name='mrlogical']Are people playing tonight? I was totally being a smug asshole wondering who doesn't have plans late on a Saturday night...then all my friends bailed on me for the evening. Screw those jerks, lets kill some people (though I haven't played Warhawk in months, so I'll be terrible).[/QUOTE]

Should be a game starting up pretty soon, I see a few people are online already. I think the host said DM only, no teams matches unless the demand was there.

Look for server: CAG_Clan password: cag

I'll be hopping in to the game for a bit, though my connection is being weird so I may have to bail. Hope to see some people there...

There are still a few guys DMing it up. I'm stopping for now, though.

Good matches as usual. Super_King really had it out for me tonight... killed me twice with the lightning gun in the dogfight, and with the tank while I was in full flight mode. Pretty scary stuff.

I'm not getting the hang of pro flight quite yet.

I shut it down just now because there were only two people in the server.
There was a decent amount, about 10 - 12 but everyone seemed to bail either during the bigger map (king of the hill) or right before the dogfight. After the dogfight it was just me and aihuman so I shut it down. I was kind of disappointed when I saw everyone left. I was having lots of fun and expected it to last longer, maybe because of Easter.

If people don't like a particular map (I'm scrapping the king of the hill, it's too big) let me know.

I saw a [CAGe] tag... what's that?

A tip for everyone, next time the server is up, make it a favorite. The favorite works no matter who is hosting so long as the name is the same.

bread's done
Back