CAG Warhawk Night [TBD]

Hey guys. Just wanted to say it was fun to play with you for a few hours last night. I know I suck, but at least now I'm getting killed by people here instead of just "random" people.

My PSN is LVShogun. Hope you didn't mind me logging on.

[quote name='Pbear1212']Hey guys. Just wanted to say it was fun to play with you for a few hours last night. I know I suck, but at least now I'm getting killed by people here instead of just "random" people.

My PSN is LVShogun. Hope you didn't mind me logging on.[/quote]
Good to have you, I'll send a clan invite to everyone that needs one later today.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I had dream last night where I was driving in the freeway, you know, just minding my business. And out of nowhere, got shanked out of my car by some mysterious force... It was horrible. :cry:[/quote]

[quote name='freakyzeeky']It's a mguiddenomenon, I tells ya. :joystick:[/quote]

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I had that same dream, but the mysterious force was very identifiable in my dream. I swear I almost threw my DS3 at the TV when DD83 shanked my while I was driving during Carmaggedeon. How the fuck is that even posible? :bomb::bomb::bomb:[/quote]
:cool:
You should see it when I knife someone WHILE they're running me over with a jeep...

[quote name='mguiddy']:cool:
You should see it when I knife someone WHILE they're running me over with a jeep...[/quote]

When you host, does your router have a "home ice advantage" setting or something? It's almost like you always get to make the last shift :lol:

Hopefully I'll be on tonight, looking forward to some Carmageddeon. I bought a D-Link DIR-655 router, so I might hook it up to see if I get any advantage myself!

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']When you host, does your router have a "home ice advantage" setting or something? It's almost like you always get to make the last shift :lol:

Hopefully I'll be on tonight, looking forward to some Carmageddeon. I bought a D-Link DIR-655 router, so I might hook it up to see if I get any advantage myself![/quote]
I hacked my firmware to give me a 1 second advantage over everyone else.:cool:

"come out" does not pass the MOTD word filter... "come" passes, "out" passes, but "come out" must be offensive or something...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GodlyOne']My game crashed during the last CTF :cry:[/quote]
I don't think you missed much. After that we only did one more DM.

I knew I was gonna suck, but I didn't know I was gonna suck that badly. Too bad there aren't any tutorials (or... are there?) for the booster packs. I got killed a few times as I frantically Googled instructions for the jet packs. I then got killed a bunch more times even after I figured out how to use them (of course! press square next to what appears to be a giant creaky water heater!), so whatever.

I think I'd best spend some time in the newbie group before attempting this again. Thanks for not raping me too badly; it was still a blast to play.

[quote name='EricTehAwful']I knew I was gonna suck, but I didn't know I was gonna suck that badly. Too bad there aren't any tutorials (or... are there?) for the booster packs. I got killed a few times as I frantically Googled instructions for the jet packs. I then got killed a bunch more times even after I figured out how to use them (of course! press square next to what appears to be a giant creaky water heater!), so whatever.

I think I'd best spend some time in the newbie group before attempting this again. Thanks for not raping me too badly; it was still a blast to play.[/quote]
You weren't that bad. I think they only have the little "Hints" that pop up when you first use the booster vehicles.

@ EricTA, thanks for joining the group

I couldn't stay at tonites CAG game was there for a bit but had to scadaddle..
I hope to throw a game together Tomorrow (SUNDAY) so I'll post the details on the other thread..

I'm in the same boat as EricTA, got alot of catching up to do. =P It was fun when I wasn't being spawn camped though.

Is the CAG server always unranked?

If we had at least a steady 8 on Saturdays we could do ranked again, but it's rare to have 8. Things have been improving, but I know if I anticipated 8 next Saturday, we'd have 6. Thats how it always was when I'd try to tailor the map size, one week we'd have 16+ people and I'd have maps better suited to 8-10, then the next we'd have 8-10 people with maps suited to 16+... We were around 6/7/8 most of the night last night, but that's not good enough when we have 8 for the first two rounds, then 7 for a round so we have to play that round for 30 minutes. If Warhawk had an option to skip to the next round at any time, I'd still do ranked on Saturdays, since I'd be able to skip to the next round after 10-15 minutes, to keep things fresh.

Nothing personal but I had to mute Zen yesterday, his mic is constantly spewing a lot of static/distortion and after a while my ears can't take it/would probably bleed. :lol:

[quote name='GodlyOne']Nothing personal but I had to mute Zen yesterday, his mic is constantly spewing a lot of static/distortion and after a while my ears can't take it/would probably bleed. :lol:[/quote]
I blame it on K2.

[quote name='Torrwin']It was fun when I wasn't being spawn camped though.[/QUOTE]

I hope you don't mean me by that. I did spend some time in your base during the Tau Crater collection map, but I didn't understand why you weren't using a jetpack and was trying to show you where to get one.

And nice to see some new faces, you guys aren't as bad as you might think. Someone got me with a very long distance rocket which was impressive.

And Zen. I know you love being in the air, but maybe, just maybe we could ease up on the TOWing? Use them as a last resort instead of every couple minutes? A lot of times it just feels unnecessary.

Since there often is people who ask about games for those New to Warhawk, I'll be hosting be another "Limited Rank-Newbie Nite" Tonight (Sunday 3/1) at 9:00 pm est

for more details see: LINK

Anyone who is a rank equal to or less than Sergeant is welcome to join.

[quote name='iggywiggum']

And Zen. I know you love being in the air, but maybe, just maybe we could ease up on the TOWing? Use them as a last resort instead of every couple minutes? A lot of times it just feels unnecessary.[/quote]
QFFT!!
Seriously, a TOW when I'm the flag carrier nearly back to my base, okay, I get that. A TOW when I'm trying to stop your flag carrier, understandable. But I often get a TOW to the face when I'm just minding my own business.

I mean, if a TOW spawns every two minutes and it's a twenty minute map with two TOW spawn points, you don't have to use all ~20 possible TOWs.

[quote name='GodlyOne']Nothing personal but I had to mute Zen yesterday, his mic is constantly spewing a lot of static/distortion and after a while my ears can't take it/would probably bleed. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I couldnt understand anyone last night.Was everyone talking through a sock or something.

TOW'n ain't EASY!

Okay, I'll let up. Still though, I just hate tanks and APCs. Grrrr. Little shield buggers. Guess I'll just get better at taking out groundpounders with swarm missiles.

Last night, KZ2 ate up my mic's charge so I switched over to the eye. Damn that thing just isn't the same anymore.

[quote name='GodlyOne']Nothing personal but I had to mute Zen yesterday, his mic is constantly spewing a lot of static/distortion and after a while my ears can't take it/would probably bleed. :lol:[/quote]
That would be his singing:roll:;)

[quote name='ThreeRandomWords']That would be his singing:roll:;)[/quote]
:rofl:

I only remember SuperKing's "banshee" shrieking yesterday, couldn't understand anyone, it's like an odd word here and there but mostly mumbles.

[quote name='GodlyOne']:rofl:

I only remember SuperKing's "banshee" shrieking yesterday, couldn't understand anyone, it's like an odd word here and there but mostly mumbles.[/quote]
Oh dear god... I think that was a loop caused by the open mics. Was it Super King that started it?

[quote name='mguiddy']Oh dear god... I think that was a loop caused by the open mics. Was it Super King that started it?[/quote]

I have no idea who started it, Super's was the only name that lit up when the shrieking started. Funny yet frightening as hell 8-[

[quote name='GodlyOne']I have no idea who started it, Super's was the only name that lit up when the shrieking started. Funny yet frightening as hell 8-[[/quote]
Maybe it was a battle cry.

And Zen. I know you love being in the air, but maybe, just maybe we could ease up on the TOWing? Use them as a last resort instead of every couple minutes? A lot of times it just feels unnecessary.[/quote]

This is the reason why I'm happy when Zen is on my team, otherwise I would be a victim to his on-air tactics like 90% of the time. :lol:

Not to mention those TOW missiles! I deliberately try to get to them just so that Zen doesn't... :cool:
Plus, I really need to start learning how to fly in Pro Flight mode. :|

Last edited by a moderator:
Mentioned this in the other Warhawk thread, but if any of you guys want to get the Warlord/Flying Fortress trophy, we're making a secondary Warhawk clan to boost our way towards them.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']This is the reason why I'm happy when Zen is on my team, otherwise I would be a victim to his on-air tactics like 90% of the time. :lol:

Not to mention those TOW missiles! I deliberately try to get to them just so that Zen doesn't... :cool:[/quote]
Same, but also with you. If zen and freaky are on my team I don't pay attention to the sky much.

And :lol: at the new sig, but "You've been Teamkilled by zenprime!" would have been better.:cool:

[quote name='freakyzeeky']This is the reason why I'm happy when Zen is on my team, otherwise I would be a victim to his on-air tactics like 90% of the time. :lol:

Not to mention those TOW missiles! I deliberately try to get to them just so that Zen doesn't... :cool:
Plus, I really need to start learning how to fly in Pro Flight mode. :|[/quote]
I've noticed that being on the same team as Zen does not grantee you won't be his victim. Even when I'm on his team he usually kills me once or twice.:roll:

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Mentioned this in the other Warhawk thread, but if any of you guys want to get the Warlord/Flying Fortress trophy, we're making a secondary Warhawk clan to boost our way towards them.[/quote]
I would be interested in getting the warlord trophy

[quote name='iggywiggum']I hope you don't mean me by that. I did spend some time in your base during the Tau Crater collection map, but I didn't understand why you weren't using a jetpack and was trying to show you where to get one.
[/quote]

Hmm, i'm thinking of a map i've never been on before that was collection based and was rather crater-ish. I died a couple of times trying to drive down to a couple of the collection sites. It was 3 vs 2 (I was one of the two) and one person on the other team would collect all the cores while the other two sat in our base and mowed us down. All the while listening to people saying things like "omg... I can't believe the score is 60 to 11" over and over.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Hey, has anyone got the Surgical Strike trophy? I can't find the blasted Binoculars on that map! Where are they?![/quote]
I think, if you do "north run" the binocs are pretty close to the dropship, like facing the front of the dropship, up high and to the left, on the building there...
[quote name='Torrwin']Hmm, i'm thinking of a map i've never been on before that was collection based and was rather crater-ish. I died a couple of times trying to drive down to a couple of the collection sites. It was 3 vs 2 (I was one of the two) and one person on the other team would collect all the cores while the other two sat in our base and mowed us down. All the while listening to people saying things like "omg... I can't believe the score is 60 to 11" over and over.[/quote]
Yeah, that was then.

[quote name='EricTehAwful']I knew I was gonna suck, but I didn't know I was gonna suck that badly. Too bad there aren't any tutorials (or... are there?) for the booster packs. I got killed a few times as I frantically Googled instructions for the jet packs. I then got killed a bunch more times even after I figured out how to use them (of course! press square next to what appears to be a giant creaky water heater!), so whatever.

I think I'd best spend some time in the newbie group before attempting this again. Thanks for not raping me too badly; it was still a blast to play.[/quote]

LOL hold your head high - you did good. Feel free to join us anytime. Plus, its not ranked so you do not have to worry about anything.

I was trying to be in the air more - I have to practice as much as I can since I am going after one more trophy that is in reach for me... just have to do some air things for it. But I have the TOW medal already so no practice needed there :p

But I do miss Fridays :-({|=

[quote name='Torrwin']Hmm, i'm thinking of a map i've never been on before that was collection based and was rather crater-ish. I died a couple of times trying to drive down to a couple of the collection sites. It was 3 vs 2 (I was one of the two) and one person on the other team would collect all the cores while the other two sat in our base and mowed us down. All the while listening to people saying things like "omg... I can't believe the score is 60 to 11" over and over.[/QUOTE]

It definitely wasn't my intent to spawn-camp or piss you off. Once I saw the score disparity I let off and started goofing around, Next time maybe I should switch teams like DD probly would've. And like I said, the reason I was in your base was to show you how to get a jetpack. Makes it so much easier to get around that map. I guess my mic wasn't working as well as I thought.

[quote name='mguiddy']Maybe it was a battle cry.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the ticket! Seriously though, I'd hope I'd remember issuing a war cry. Mic feedback maybe? :whistle2:k

[quote name='mguiddy']If zen and freaky are on my team I don't pay attention to the sky much.

And :lol: at the new sig, but "You've been Teamkilled by zenprime!" would have been better.:cool:[/QUOTE]

Same here I just worry more about mines with freaky. And I've got sigs turned off, could someone explain please?

@zen: Good to hear, and re: APCs, you do know the lightning shell knocks out the shield?

Same here I just worry more about mines with freaky. And I've got sigs turned off, could someone explain please?[/quote]

img_49ab2f6ae3c20.jpg

the one before said something like 100 shanks by DD :applause:

[quote name='iggywiggum']It definitely wasn't my intent to spawn-camp or piss you off. Once I saw the score disparity I let off and started goofing around, Next time maybe I should switch teams like DD probly would've. And like I said, the reason I was in your base was to show you how to get a jetpack. Makes it so much easier to get around that map. I guess my mic wasn't working as well as I thought.[/quote]

No worries, I wasn't pissed off. :) I could barely hear anyone except for some constant reverb noise that someone else mentioned earlier. Thanks for trying to help. :cool:

@zen: Good to hear, and re: APCs, you do know the lightning shell knocks out the shield?[/quote]

I know, but by the time taken to charge and hit the shield a good APC driver will already be on the move. And the residual electricity of the lighting shell seems to take out a TOW before it hits (I've died several times this way since I was too close).

And the bloody shield bubble! Arg, I've been killed by those so many times. It it's not popping up just as I'm about to finish one off, it'll be extended to the underside of something I'm flying under.:bomb:

And tanks, gah I'm always getting sniped out the air by tank fire. At least jeeps don't put up much resistance.

[quote name='mguiddy']
And :lol: at the new sig, but "You've been Teamkilled by zenprime!" would have been better.:cool:[/quote]

Even if I wanted it to say that, there is a small character limit, so I could only make it say like real short phrases. :[

So when are you leading us to a victorious world take-over attempt DD? :whee:

I mean we've spent almost 2 years now training each weekend for the one day we'd all try for a shot at world domination right....right?

[quote name='GodlyOne']So when are you leading us to a victorious world take-over attempt DD? :whee:

I mean we've spent almost 2 years now training each weekend for the one day we'd all try for a shot at world domination right....right?[/quote]

Good Gods! Oh man, I do believe my switch just flipped. Let's do it. I can't describe my maniacal smile right now. Even if it ends up being a one-sided slaughter, we'll at least learn for the better!

[quote name='zenprime']Good Gods! Oh man, I do believe my switch just flipped. Let's do it. I can't describe my maniacal smile right now. Even if it ends up being a one-sided slaughter, we'll at least learn for the better![/quote]

I'm thinking we're guaranteed our victory as long as:
A) the Warhawks that we build aren't out of cardboard and
B) most of the population out there doesn't know how to base-rape.

Ok guys, what is the deal with mines? are they linked to the friendly fire level or when they are your team color are they safe to be around? (i.e. Blue ok for blue men/vehicles, etc.)

You won't set off landmines that are your team color, but I wouldn't say they're safe to be around. :cool:

And stay away from air mines no matter what they look like.

landmines are going to piss you off, especially in the expert games. they place them every where from their base to your base (specially when your team is losing). i usually stick them on planes and near place where people will go. sometimes you can't tell whether it is your teams mine or the enemies, you just hear a beep.

bread's done
Back