CAG Xbox Live Gaming Community (New thread up, please close this one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think an XBLA night would be most awesome. I just wonder how that'd work game-wise though. I call for a vote for rotation.

Considering most XBLA games have 4 player limits, I think it would work better in free form. CAGs get on, and host or join the game they want to play. Various game rooms should fill up by virtue of a dozen CAGs signing on to play random crap.

I've been trying to work this in, but I can't think of a funny enough way to do it. Let me just say: Katillsday reference.

Guitar Hero SG/ Guitarhero SG/ Rainbow Six: Vegas, Call of Duty 3, Guitar Hero II, DiRT, Burnout, Halo 2, UNO.

Ill be joining you guys tonight for Rainbow Six Vegas.

How about a F.E.A.R. night?

F.E.A.R. Fridays?....actually it doesn't matter what day it is. I can usually play after 10pm on any given day, Tue. and Thurs. I can play after 6pm PT.

Guys, I need to make a final list for Cheapy to broadcast over the CAGCast. I'm gonna make the sports/racing night/fighting night on Sundays since I feel when football season comes around, lots of CAG's will be watching the MNF games. Here's the list I wanna give him, lemme know if its cool:

Sunday: Sports/Racing/Fighting (Madden, Forza, Fight Night, DOA, MLB2K and others)
Monday: Old School Xbox (Crimson Skies, Conker, and all other BC games)
Tuesday: Chromehounds
Wednesday: Gears of War
Thursday: Rainbow Six: Vegas
Friday: Halo 2/Halo 3 (when its released)
Saturday: Oddball Night (All other LIVE games, we'll try to test out the waters to find which games have the best followings by setting up different oddball games each Saturday)

Hows that guys, lemme know so I can get it to him and work on making threads for the seperate days (that arent already set) and setting the CAG calendar. Thanks!!!

That looks good Gomer. Pray for a clan blade in the fall update, coordinating these nights could get a whole lot easier.

edit: Does any CAG have Virtua tennis 3 and can comment on how good it is online? I loved the demo so I know I like the gameplay, I wonder how doubles with 4 independent players, if the tournaments are set up well, other comments.

I'm in the midst of doing a post/OP modification about all of this scheduling stuff, but what I'd say is maybe wait until the next CAGcast to broadcast any kind of schedule (or maybe just mention that there's a schedule discussion going on), we start a new thread solely to discuss some kind of schedule and go from there. It's one thing to have 3-4 people talk about their ideas here and it's another to get more people involved because really the amount of people these scheduled nights draw is directly proportional to the amount of people that participate in the discussion.

Edit: I went back and read the thread further and a lot of people participated in the discussion, I was just remembering the handfull of schedules that were brought up. I take back what I wrote there.

My impression of the schedule as you propsed it is that it combines too many genres on Sunday. I would say scrap the old school xbox night because those games will inevitably get less play time in a 360 forum. That would put any of those genres from Sunday on to Monday.

Also, Chromehounds night is generally slated for 9-10 PM PST. That's very late for East and Central time zone folks, so I think Tuesday could easily handle a second game/genre. Even people that come to Chromehounds regularly could do both because of the generally late start time for Chromehounds.

Saturday I think you're on to something with a random rotation of games. Another option would be to have an XBLA night that night instead, just because there are a lot of great co-op games on XBLA and there has been a lot of interest in Carcassone and Catan, for example.

So, with all of that said, here is what I would suggest as far as a schedule, knowing full well that if/when separate threads are made for these nights, they would inevitably transform over time into particular games or genres and that's fine.

Sunday: Racing Night (Forza 2, PGR3, TDU, etc.)

Monday: Sports Night (self explanatory, would work well if there was a Madden league or something as a night to use for that, changing with the seasons and game releases.)

Tuesday: XBLA Night/Chromehounds (Chromehounds players could warm up with some XBLA action and those without Chromehounds could continue on with whatever XBLA games are talked about in the thread that week.)

Wednesday: Gears of War (big enough user base to support a full night)

Thursday: Rainbow Six: Vegas (also big enough user base as evidenced by the turnout we've gotten so far)

Friday: Halo 2/Halo 3/Other Shooter (Just because there are people that are over Halo 2, 3 isn't out yet and Lost Planet, FEAR, COD3 and others have gotten some interest. That's something that would have to change by the content of the thread and would probably end up being a day for pickup games of other games just because people are spotty usually on the weekend nights.)

Saturday: Rotational Day (Maybe do something like put it up for a vote for that week and decide on something accessible. Maybe it's a night for the hot game at that time (Crackdown when it came out, maybe the Darkness now) and then go from there.)

So, those are my two cents on the issue. I think that format would involve the most people and has the potential to give someone that wanted it, the ability to find a CAG group every night. Keep in mind that no matter how much initial interest these nights get, you can always count on the actual number of people to show up to be well below. Take Gears night we did. 18 people expressed interest and we never got above 8 on at a time. Just the way things go, real life comes up, etc.

Now, I would love to be the one to start up these various threads just to keep this thread and those related threads uniform. Obviously the Chromehounds and RSix threads are well established. However, I'm not going to whine about it if it's not me as I'm glad that this idea has grown over time. Gomer and I or whoever can talk about that more when the time comes.

At any rate, I'm open to suggestion on all of that stuff, but I feel pretty good about that schedule/method. I'm going to get to work updating the OP of this thread with the recent additions to the list, I just wanted to get these thoughts down first for potential discussion. That can be here, in a separate thread, whatever, but more input I think would be very helpful.

I'm glad people are interested in developing a CAG gaming community to really kind of enhance the Live experience. Lot of whack jobs out there and I think anyone that has participated in one of these nights knows what a difference a group like this can make. So, yay us.

Edit:
I've updated the list and as you can see, we've added in a new format. For some popular games, we've added the quick reference letters to the list and actually you can click on those letters to compare your gamer score for that game against whoever's letter you click on. Cool stuff and entirely the doing of CokeCola, yay him.

I'm going to go back through and shorten some of the game lists to make them fit on one line, so if I remove something you feel should be in there, just reply and I'll fix it how you like. Comments appreciated on the new look.

i really dont see the need for any night other than hounds tuesdays. unless of course its hound mondays, or hound thursday etc.

dave, gogamer, and whoever else is doing all the leg work here, well done.
I apprecitae it and i know a lot of cags do as well.
ill be gone for a few months but ill be on most of these nights when i get back.
thanks again.

[quote name='paz9x']i really dont see the need for any night other than hounds tuesdays. unless of course its hound mondays, or hound thursday etc.

ill be gone for a few months but ill be on most of these nights when i get back.
thanks again.[/quote]

A few months...damn dude did you join the Army?

[quote name='paz9x']i really dont see the need for any night other than hounds tuesdays. unless of course its hound mondays, or hound thursday etc.

thanks again.[/quote]

Yeah, what Linkin said. A few months? Damn.

The OP is further modified so that I didn't have to axe some of the longer lists of games (BigMes, I'm looking at you). I just added spacers to make some of the games list two-line entries. Seems to work.

All credit on creating this table-style list goes to CokeCola.

I'm cool with your list Dave since its just a mod. of mine and a few others. If anything, we can always use Sat. to throw on a random old school night, maybe once a month type thing. When everything is set, lemme know and I'll get everything to Cheapy and get his help setting up the CAG calendar. Thanks dude.

I'm definitely interested in old-school Xbox in that I want to play Star Wars Battlefront II. Seems like those games are harder to set up (and/or find random people still playing) than the newer 360 games so it would be nice to have a CAG night.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Anyone up for CoD 3 or Shadowrun tonight?[/QUOTE]
nice to memorialize someone who murdered his family.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']A few months...damn dude did you join the Army?[/QUOTE]
im in the navy, going sailing for bit =)

[quote name='paz9x']nice to memorialize someone who murdered his family.[/quote]

I choose to remember all the joy Benoit brought to my life before he went nuts/whatever. If you read above the pic, the remorse is both for his whole family and for Benoit being in hell now.

Hi, I'd like to play games with some CAG members.

My GT is:

OMFG ITS NIKKI

Right now I'm mostly looking to play some of my older games such as Battlefield 2: MC, GRAW, and possibly Ridge Racer 6.

Also, I'd love to play XBLA games if people have those. Please CML for a complete list of games that I can play. However, I'd really love to play Carcassonne, Robotron, Catan, and Worms.

In terms of newer games, then I can play MUA, R6V, COD3, and Gears of War (free maps only).

Oh and send me a message w/ CAG in the text and maybe what games you'd like to play w/ me. Thanks!

GT is ace25one. Games I'm interested in playing online right now are, Rainbow six vegas, call of duty 3, Gears of war, and lost planet. I have more games so just check out my Gamertag.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I can play after the NASCAR race. My roommate has the TV taken up (it's his TV my system is on.)[/quote] oh ok i'll be on there just msg me.

Okay, for those not keeping up, I'm the one piecing together the Excel sheet that makes this list way more complicated than it needs to be. Anyway, I've run into a problem that confounds me.

Right now I'm trying to automate multi-line game lists. In order to do that, I have to insert a carriage return with a formula. Not a problem, but...

:360: :arrow: akilla05 ____________ akilshohen _______________ __ __ __ __ __ n/a
:360: :arrow: Aloha From Mars _____ AlohaMars2 _______________ __ __ __ __ __ XBLA (Aegis Wing, Uno, TMNT), PDZ, RRXX, RvS2k7, DOA 4, "
______________________________________________________________________ and Q4"

:360: :arrow: ananag12 ____________ ananag112 ________________ G_ H_ __ __ __ Gears of War, Crackdown, NBA 2K7, Halo 3 Beta, Uno, Aegis "
______________________________________________________________________ Wing"

:360: :arrow: AttackingMVP ________ mvp828 ___________________ G_ __ R_ __ W_ GRAW 1 & 2, R6: Vegas, Battlefield 2, F.E.A.R, Gears

When you copy multiple lines from Excel, it wraps them in quotes.

Maddening.

They can be gotten rid of by first pasting into Word (with anything but the text only option), then copying and pasting that into the text field. If anyone knows how to stop this without a trip through another program, PM me (don't clutter this thread with that discussion). To try it for yourself, type =CHAR(10) or alt+enter into an Excel text box, copy the cell, and paste it here. Quotes!

Open Office doesn't do this, but I'd like to make it work in Excel, for victory's sake.

Dave, PM me when you get the days set into the OP so I can have Cheapy announce it in the CAGCast and I think I can punch them into the CAG calendar. I'll also start up pages for the days that arent up already as game nights (will have lists of people for respective games and what not).

Ok Gomer, I think we're probably at a point where discussion has died down about the scheduling, so we can set it as I put it forth. However, io brings up a good point about the old school nights and we have a community here that would likely support something like that. I've been thinking about the issue and I think maybe we could just make it clear (especially on the Saturday rotational day) that original Xbox games can be in the mix when it comes to deciding what to play on a given night. Thoughts from io especially would be welcome. I know it's not devoting a full night to it, but maybe if it's made clear it's in the mix?

Anyway, here is the schedule that I'll put in the OP once I get out of a work meeting I have in about two minutes:

Monday: Sports Night (self explanatory, would work well if there was a Madden league or something as a night to use for that, changing with the seasons and game releases.)

Tuesday: XBLA Night/Chromehounds

Friday: Halo 2/Halo 3/Other Shooter

Saturday: Rotational Day (Maybe do something like put it up for a vote for that week and decide on something accessible. Maybe it's a night for the hot game at that time (Crackdown when it came out, maybe the Darkness now) and then go from there.)

As far as starting threads for the days, I'd like to be the one to head up the Gears night just because I've done that so far and I'd like to grab the XBLA thread as well. Aside from that, gomer you can go for it, or maybe if there's someone out there that is enthusiastic about one of the nights, we can include some new people as well. Maybe there's a racing game freak out there that wants that night, who knows :)

I'll put up those two threads I mentioned tonight. The Rotational Day might also be something for me to do, but I don't want to make it look like I'm trying to hog all of this work, heh. I'll let those other nights outside of Gears/XBLA fall to the prevailing sentiment.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Ok Gomer, I think we're probably at a point where discussion has died down about the scheduling, so we can set it as I put it forth. However, io brings up a good point about the old school nights and we have a community here that would likely support something like that. I've been thinking about the issue and I think maybe we could just make it clear (especially on the Saturday rotational day) that original Xbox games can be in the mix when it comes to deciding what to play on a given night. Thoughts from io especially would be welcome. I know it's not devoting a full night to it, but maybe if it's made clear it's in the mix?

Anyway, here is the schedule that I'll put in the OP once I get out of a work meeting I have in about two minutes:

Tuesday: XBLA Night/Chromehounds

Friday: Halo 2/Halo 3/Other Shooter

As far as starting threads for the days, I'd like to be the one to head up the Gears night just because I've done that so far and I'd like to grab the XBLA thread as well. Aside from that, gomer you can go for it, or maybe if there's someone out there that is enthusiastic about one of the nights, we can include some new people as well. Maybe there's a racing game freak out there that wants that night, who knows :)

I'll put up those two threads I mentioned tonight. The Rotational Day might also be something for me to do, but I don't want to make it look like I'm trying to hog all of this work, heh. I'll let those other nights outside of Gears/XBLA fall to the prevailing sentiment.[/QUOTE]

I'm down totally with all of yours and IO's ideas and it sounds great to me. I'll handle the other day threads just for the sake of helping you not have to do all the work and we can work together to get the best ways to manage the pages. We'll need to make sure that all the individual days get stickied to the top along with this thread. We're definitely well on our way to getting CAG set and organized on LIVE.

I just got a 360 Elite, and my info is as follows:

CAGTag: HotShotX
Gamertag: ColHotShotX

I've got CoD2 currently, Burnout: Revenge in the mail, play Catan/Halo 2 a ton, and looking to play CoD3 and Gears when I get them.

~HotShotX

I'm doing my part for XBLA night by playing some Carcassonne, right now. Join me, or invite me to another Arcade game.

All the 360 fans should be waiting for the MS conference to start, so it's a good time for some casual games.

Wow, first I just want to thank everyone who's put their time into maintaining this list - this is really well organized! Now that I'm part of the XB360 "club" I'm ready to get going online...

Put me down for Rainbow 6: Vegas, Forza 2, PGR 3, DiRT, Saint's Row, Catan and Carcassone. I haven't d/l Catan and Carcassone yet, but will soon - been playing the board game versions for years now, can't wait to meet up with some new folks online for those.

--
jr

I'm about to make the Halo Friday thread that we can attach to the OP. Everyone who wants in for this week and future weeks of Halo 2 and Halo 3 (when released), post there and I'll get a list for the gamertags.

I'll do a round of updates once we get this spreadsheet business under control for the OP. I'm butting up against the character limit for the OP, otherwise I would have just posted everything now. For the time being and so I don't have to copy this down somewhere else, here is the schedule I would have put in the OP:

We started off doing a handful of game night events and now it's evolved into a nightly schedule to focus on a particular genre or game to see if we can't get some CAG matches going. This schedule is bound to have nights that are packed and nights that are sparse, but at least we'll all have a target to look towards.

Each night will have a separate thread to take care of logistics, and in some cases picking what game to play. If you're interested, please follow the links to the threads with further information. It's been great so far, so let's keep it going.

CAG Xbox Live Gaming Group Schedule:

Sunday
Racing Night (Forza 2, PGR3, TDU, etc.)

Monday
Sports Night

Tuesday
XBLA Night/Chromehounds
XBLA Thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144507
Chromehounds Thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95656

Wednesday
Gears of War
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144153

Thursday
Rainbow Six: Vegas
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141255

Friday
Halo 2/Halo 3/Other FPS Night
(For those without Halo 2 or 3, this can be a good night to get a game of FEAR or Lost Planet or whatever going. Plan these out in the thread specifically.)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144449

Saturday
Rotational Day
(To be debated in the thread itself, could be the hot new game or an old favorite people are up for.)

We're building a community here, people, get on board. Additionally, original Xbox backwards compatible games are definitely in play for any of these nights, so bring those up specifically in the threads for each night if you're interested.

[quote name='JJSP']By all means, throw me in with the Halo 2 crowd. I'm horrible, but I'll play.[/QUOTE]

I'll add you to the Halo night list in its topic.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']I'll add you to the Halo night list in its topic.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. It's been a while since I've played, but if I'm on, I'll throw it in for some CAG fragging.

i'm up for some shadowrun or R6 tonight. maybe something older like counter strike or Halo 2 doesn't really matter to me. add me if you are interested in playing tonight.

New to the forum! Add me to the list

Gamertag - m2nster

I have Vegas, GRAW 2, Halo 2, and Forza. Mostly Halo 2

I'm planning to get Bomberman, Madden, and Halo 3.

See you guys!

I just saw that list and my name is empty. Put me down for TMNT 1989, DOA4, Rumble Roses (Heh!), Crackdown, Gears (haven't opened yet though), saints row, and MUA

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back