CAG16 how does it work (if it works at all)

An J0e

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I am wondering about the facts about CAG16 @ gamestop.

i found the original post from cheapy saying that he got the deal with eb games and gamestop. If i went to a gamestop, could i still use this code? the thread was from way back in i think 2004. Could i stack it with my edgecard? could i stack both of those with other deals (sale prices trade credit B2G1)

Only been here for a bit so not in the know on these kinds of classic deals.

Here is scenario. I walk in get... 6 used games on a B2G1 for a total cost of 120 (4 $30, 2 $30 free). I ask (give them the code? idk) for cag 16, hand them my edge card get 26% off the price, walk out with 6 games (average value of $30 [$180]) for a cost of around $90 (50% off SWEETSAUSE) .

would something like that workout? Do most gamestops know about it, is it YMMV? does it have to be online? Can i not stack cag16 and and anything other than edge (cheapy said edge is fine in OP) just the general rules, stuff like that.

If a similar thread is already out i would highly appreciate a link :D and thanks in advance.

It's an online only code. You enter it when you have the items you want in your cart. It stacks with your EDGE discount card.

It will not work in store. Welcome to CAG.

Yeah, online only, however in addition to edge, it stacks with the code SAVER for free value shipping. I think there's a $25 minimum for the free shipping, though. Both codes will also stack with any B1G1 codes during GS promotions. So if the games you want are in stock online at the time, ordering is your best bet.

[quote name='Commy']Yeah, online only, however in addition to edge, it stacks with the code SAVER for free value shipping. I think there's a $25 minimum for the free shipping, though. Both codes will also stack with any B1G1 codes during GS promotions. So if the games you want are in stock online at the time, ordering is your best bet.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. Both codes MAY stack. It is very rare that CAG16 stacks with B1G1 Free.

Great, big thanks to all of you, and Dchrisd the next time there is a B something G something deal on i will just check on the forum and ask if CAG16 works with it. (once again 50% used games would be awsome). this is great just for being a CAG i now get 26% off used games... FTW cheapy... FTW

You don't need the code SAVER anymore, free shipping on orders above $25 is automatic now.

Basically Edge stacks with everything, but you can only have one other promo going on. Getting two promos, like CAG16 and a B2G1 sale to stack requires a glitch on the website's part.

does this work when employees order via their website in store? I ask because I cannot order anything off their site

[quote name='likeme']does this work when employees order via their website in store? I ask because I cannot order anything off their site[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by that. As far as I know by code only works @ gamestop.com. I used this and stacked with PUR discount. Bought using a GC. Pretty good deal. Most of them came in black boxes no manuals. But still better than buying them elsewhere.

An employee a few weeks ago told me they can order games for me from there online website (gamestop.com?) Did not even think about asking if they can input codes.

[quote name='likeme']An employee a few weeks ago told me they can order games for me from there online website (gamestop.com?) Did not even think about asking if they can input codes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, ask them to input cag16 for 16% off, and SAVER for free shipping if your order is at least $25

bread's done
Back