CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

Question is twofold:

first, which factions in Destiny 2 will each of you guys be representing?

second, Is there an Official CAG Clan? Can us regular folk join?

Forza 7. Fed up or pay up? Going to make a vow to stick them this time?

Is the reason MS keeps pushing the boundaries on annoying buyers because buyers seem to keep buying anyway?

I actually was planning on buying it on PC but given this I'm much less likely to do so. Since I have no Xbox One this would have been my chance to play Forza for the first time in a while and I was looking forward to it. I personally would rather see these mods and loot boxes put in the more casual Forza Horizon games than in mainline Forza.

I was really surprised to see the cast talking about how "good" the enemy encounters and campaign was in destiny 2.

I found the campaign to be very visually interesting and a better story by far, but fighting the enemies is so dull.

You have enemes that stand out of cover and wait to get shot, groups that stand around waiting to get hit by a grenade, giant enemies that stand out of cover and wait to get shot in the head, and giant enemies that float slowly in the air so you can shoot them in the head.

This is changed up by hordes of low health enemies that mindlessly charge you and don't do much of anything else.

The whole game is basically shooting at enemies that barely move until their numbers go to zero. They don't flank you or do interesting things. There is almost no variation in the encounter design.

Halo had interesting enemy encounters that were designed to be a sandbox.

Destiny has targets that make pretty explosions when you shoot them.

After all the PUBG/Fortnite drama, how bad do you think it would hurt PUBG if AAA shooters like CoD, Overwatch, Destiny, etc started shoehorning in the same mode as well?

Fortnite has surpassed 7 million users. Many console gamers such as myself have are really enjoying this game as its the only major open world BR style game available on consoles. So two questions. 

1. Do you think this shows that the BR game type does have a big audience in the console market (many think other wise)

2. Do you think this has taken some steam out of any would be PUBG console hype. They beat PUBG to the console punch and with updates already coming out, this could potentially take some customers away. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheapy,

I've recently started a job at a new company and ping pong is a big part of the company culture. Do you have any tips, recommendations for YouTube channels or other resources to up my scrub-level game?

DropMix Shipbat Consulting segment: If we wait for the inevitable retail clearance of Dropmix then aren't we dooming it for all future content? They need to drop the price now to stay moving on and off shelves because once Target decides to clearance it they won't be buying more units and if there are no more units they'll stop selling and making cards, right?  Discuss with all of your retail insight wisdom! Do I need to buy at full price for any chance of this thing growing or is it just doomed?

2 questions: I won an amazon echo dot & amazon tv firestick, now I am really loving the voice command. I want to know if I buy the xbox1 kinect can I use it online to view the internet with IE-explorer/ microsoft edge (with voice coomands)? 2) I enjoy your discussion of destiny 2, but I _hate_ item management. my local library has destiny 2 available . should I try it, i don't want to bother with the color weapons & enmies, I just wanna jump in & FPS it. should I bother ?   

Cheapy, I'll be traveling to Tokyo at the end of November, staying for 1 week.  What do you recommend I hit up while I am there?  I'll be staying in Sumida.

Wombat,

Have you watched any of the Inhumans yet?  I know a lot of people think Agents of Shield is cheesy and bad (though I enjoy it and you should really convince Cheapy to watch), but in comparison Inhumans makes AoS look like Citizen Cane.

The Xbox One Elite controller was released two years ago on Oct 27 2015.  With the Xbox One X being released I wanted to ask how the Elite controller is holding up for you guys?  

I have been thinking about getting it to go with the new Xbox One X.

Thanks

Vince

Did Shipwreck play in the Gus Macker 3 on 3 basketball tournament growing up? I remember when I was younger, kids would wear the Gus Macker basketball shirt like it was a fashionable item.

How do you guys determine what your kids should or should not play?  I've got a 10 year old son and I haven't let him try (or even watch) any M-rated games.  He's been asking a lot lately because he has friends whose parents do not pay attention. 

I'm currently playing the Titanfall 2 campaign (based on your recommendations) and it seems like he'd be fine with it (he plays Overwatch and Star Wars Battlefront) but since it is rated M I haven't allowed it.  I'm only 1/3 of the way through the campaign myself so I haven't seen everything yet.  Generally, I don't have time to complete every game he wants to play to check on all of the content first hand.  Games like Bioshock or Resident Evil 7 are a no-brainer (not that he'd even want to play them) but something like Titanfall 2 or Borderlands seems... borderline.  Even Far Cry 4 wasn't that bad.  Just curious to hear your thoughts.

What are you guys thoughts on the pricing increase of Deluxe edition of games recently?  Seems like they used to be about $10 more then the standard edition, but I've noticed the Battlefront 2 and Marvel Super Hero's 2  versions for example have exceeded that.  

I've recently been buying the vanilla versions and then pickup up the DLC once the inevitable sale comes around, if it is a game I still feel like playing? I guess my real question is are you guys picking up standard versions of games or going for a Deluxe up front?

thanks

Cheapy, any update on your guitar practice using Rocksmith? Also, are any of y'all planning to have your children learn to play an instrument? If so, what?

Side note - Shipwreck, randomly found out recently that I go to church with an old college buddy of your's in Jackson, MS. Shocker...he thinks we're nerds. 

I've loved the show for going on 10+ years now. Thanks for the entertainment guys.

I see you guys have been enjoying the mixer multi stream feature. Today I noticed that mixer has a PUBG channel that automatically detects players who are streaming that are close to getting wins (say in the top 8 or so) and features them . Their stream gets picked up and automatically streams on the feature channel thus exposing them to a larger audience. For viewers it lets them continually see end game show downs. 

Do you think innovative features like this and the mult stream will put a dent in twitch? Do you think twitch will or should adopt more ideas like these?

Is there anything that would get you playing The Division again?  They recently put out a huge free update, and developer support has been consistent in general.  It even got a PS4 Pro patch!  I was a late adopter myself, but I hear there were a lot of issues at launch that have since been ironed out. 

I assume that ship has sailed, but since you guys have been getting into Ghost Recon as of late I was wondering.

Thanks to you guys I started playing Playerunknown's Battlegrounds on the Xbox. Thanks guys.
The gameplay is clunky, times out, and doesn't feel fluid at all. It took me a handful of games before I realized that to aim I needed to hit the button a few times, I thought I was just hitting the wrong button. But it's also very addicting and fun experience, even with all the glitches. It's frustrating when you glitch die (especially when in 4th place) but the next game starts so fast that you can't really gripe too long.

And I have been using Cheapy's trick of hide & hide some more. In the last six games I was in top 10 3 times, twice lasting to the final 3. I'm hoping to win a game in the future thanks to Cheapy's method and now that I know how to aim.

Thanks guys. Do you guys still play the game? What about your dentists?

Since Wombat tends to like the lesser appreciated superhero movies like Man of Steel, did Wombat enjoy Spider-Man 3? It's still my number one favorite superhero movie.

Since Shipwreck has had his basement redone into a game room with actual shelves, what did he do with those old Blockbuster Video racks he was using?

The irony in Cheapy's conflicting response... :lol: How can anyone possibly expect the CAGbag to be a good place to ask questions, when a non-show, easy to answer question took 2+ weeks to be simply answered in the thread?

Please answer on the next CAGcast!

Cheapy, 

It's been a couple of months since you talked about getting the IPhone X.  Since then you haven't even mentioned it.  Are you using it as anything but a tool?  In the past you did seem to enjoy some casual games on your older IPhones.  Was gaming at all a thought when you bought one of the most expensive phones ever produced?

This may have been asked before, but do you guys have "comfort games"? Games you just go to when you want to play something but everything else seems like too much? Mine, I'm ashamed to say, is Madden.

If that question was already asked, then I'll go with this one: What is your favorite gaming genre and least favorite/most hated - and why? This can be one of those micro genres too like FPS battle royale or fantasy(as in rpg) sport roguelite war sim (i just made that up).

Is this still an active thing? (The CAGBag thread)

I was wondering if anyone heard about or will be getting the Street Fighter Miniatures Board Game on Kickstarter.  It's hitting the final 48 hours, so it would be nice to give it a quick shout-out on this week's CAGCast before it's too late to get it (100% Kickstarter Exclusive, no retail release planned)

I made a CAG thread for it here

The Kickstarter page for it is here

It can alternately be featured in the new segment started last week: "Shipwreck's: Board This, Bitches!"

Why is Shipwreck the only one that doesn't sound like a grandpa while discussing Bluetooth headsets in episode 542? CheapyD and Wombat will be discussing man diapers soon.

Hi Wombat, have to ask was it you who sold Immortal Redneck for the Nintendo Switch on eBay? We all know your affinity for the Nintendo console and your connection to an anonymous review code provider? When I saw NewYork, New York on the seller profile, you were the first person who came to mind. 😉 luv you! Mean it! Bye, bye!

I might have missed it but did Cheapy & Friends wax on over to YouTube Red to check out the Cobra Kai series? You're fans of The Karate Kid ain'tcha? it's a good follow-up.

Shipwreck,

Did you ever get back to Hellblade? It's probably my favorite game since Life is Strange. If not, when you go back to it, headphones are a MUST! It's a totally different experience than hearing all the voices coming out your speakers.

Are Cheapy & Wombat ever going to hit the road & visit Shipwreck Manor? I’d pay money to hear their impressions of Jungle Jim’s.
I live in Louisville, so I've been to Cincy many times. I finally hit Jungle Jim's a year or so ago. That place is damn impressive. Any store that hands you a map when you enter is bound to be interesting, to say the least. I didn't have a lot of room in the car at the time so I couldn't load up, but if I did we would have come back with a trunkload of stuff.

I witnessed something last week that sort of blew my mind, and may prove once and for all Wombat controls space and time. A little backstory is required to make it more exciting. I live in San Diego and I was going to make the 10 hour drive out to Utah to help my son move into his new apartment having just relocated there after graduating from Berkeley (yes, I'm that old). So I'm driving through a town called Menifee which is a small town north of San Diego that you drive through oh your way to much more interesting places, like Palm Springs or Vegas. I need to emphasize, I am in the middle of nowhere. Anyway, I'm listening to the latest CAGCast (I've been listening since the launch of the XBOX 360) (yes, I'm that old) and while Wombat is speaking, probably complaining about something, I look over to the car next to me and see the attached license plate.

https://imgur.com/a/xN0QZz4

This is the absolute truth, I'll swear on anything. To summarize:

1) I'm in the middle of nowhere listening to the latest CAGcast

2) While Wombat is talking I look over and see a lone BMW with a California WOMBAT1 license plate

I don't know what this means but the odds of these events converging in such a remote location must be staggeringly high. Needless to say I was a bit freaked out, but I also took comfort in knowing that there are worse people who could be controlling the universe than Wombat. A certain orange tinted person comes to mind.

Can we export our game collections again? We were able to years ago but recently I wanted to export it and I can't figure out how to do it now. I asked on twitter months ago and Programmer John responded asking Cheapy but I didn't get an answer. If we get an answer can someone please respond to this message or PM me please because I'm pretty behind on the CAGcast. 

I've noticed something lately...

Around the end of each month, I start looking for that good PS+ / Games with Gold announcement for the next month's lineup. Frequently, it's been XB announce on the last Tuesday of the month, and PS announce the last Wed of the month. As I get anxious and start googling for the info, I see there are several sites that are updating every few hours with teaser info that is almost word for word the exact same content. You can check it yourself ( I googled "games with gold july 2018" which is the link below)

https://www.google.com/search?q=games+with+gold+july+2018&oq=games+with+gold&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j0l4.2014j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

So the question is - 

A) By updating the same nonsense every few hours does it keep these guys at the top of the search engines?

B) In your opinion, does this really drive significant revenue to these sites by updating continuously and vying for the eyeballs?

C) Or is it just some weird thing with no real reason?

So I was going to wait to get Shipwreck's impressions on his Dreamcade Replay, but I just ordered it after seeing several YouTube videos that convinced me that it's the real deal.  But, Ship could still help out by telling us whether or not that new M-Cable of his makes the Dreamcade Replay look sharper.  I'm planning on hooking the Dreamcade up to my 4K TV, so I'm really interested to hear if the M-Cable would be worth the extra money.  Thanks guys. 

Wombat/Shipwreck,  

What Pinball FX tables do you recommend picking up on the Xbox sale?

The Walking Dead $1.49

Portal Pinball $1.49
Universal Classics Pinball $4.99
Jurassic World Pinball $6.99
Bethesda Pinball $5.49
Aliens vs. Pinball $4.99
Zen Classics $3.99
Core Collection $3.99
Medieval Pack $1.99
Iron & Steel Pack $1.99
Sci-Fi Pack $3.99
Zen Originals Season 1 Bundle $9.99