CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

if Blu-Ray completely bombs in the home video market against the HDDVD, do you think that will effect psc3 sales drastically over time?

What are your thoughts on the Marketplace when it comes to buying things like armor for your horse in Oblivion. A good addition or another way to alienate gamers?

do u guys prefer 2d fighting games(Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, King of Fighters) or 3d fighting games (tekken, DOA, Virtual Fighter)?

would u guys like to see more 2d fighting games and is there still a market for 2d fighting games

Got lucky and wifey ok'd 360 purchase last week. So, my burning quesiton is where is Street Fighter ? And once it does get to XBLA, will you be able to talk smack while throwing a flaming dragon punch ?

and

If someone put a gun to your head and said you had to preorder a game right now, what would it be ?

What happens to the site if you eat some improperly prepared fugu at the Happy Sumo and there's no map to the hospital on the back of the menu?

[quote name='javeryh']What happens to the site if you eat some improperly prepared fugu at the Happy Sumo and there's no map to the hospital on the back of the menu?[/QUOTE]

for the record I'm more of a frying dutchman fan

I don't know if you've been asked this before (I've slept since then), but what are your thoughts on the whole "retro gaming" craze that teenagers who probably know nothing about older games are eating up?

What are your thoughts on Sega and Hudson's contributions to the Revolution Virtual Console, and The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass?

Also, to reinforce one of daphatty's questions, what are your thoughts on games made for girls and women?

I'm not sure if this was asked, but everyone else chimed in with their opinions.

How much do you think the Nintendo Revolution will cost? The PS3?

Also, this next question is a bit dated. Before the DS blew up and sold 1,000,000,000 units, I was beginning to wonder if Nintendo was going to go the way of Sega. Perhaps it is still possible if the Revolution flops, but I don't see that happening.

Do you think Nintendo would be better off making games for Sony and Microsoft systems and the PC, as opposed to staying in the console race? From a gamer's view, instead of having to buy a Gamecube, all of us could have played Mario, Zelda, etc., on our PS2's, Xbox's, PCs, etc.

After giving this some thought, I'm tossing this to you guys...

The Nintendo DS is able to accomplish decent graphics with interesting gameplay to sell games and consoles. Yet, for some reason, I feel that I'm sometimes playing a Playstaion (1) with a stylus. Are the "systems" similar, or am I seeing things that are not there? Also, would you agree that the DS could be considered awkwardly as a PS1 with a screen and stylus? Thanks!

[quote name='PawnTakesKing']My fiance' is not a gamer. She'll play a small amount of Harvest Moon, Mario, and other "cutesy" games, but only for a short amount of time. She also gets huffy when I spend too much time on a game such as Kingdom Hearts 2 or Prince of Persia. What can I do to get her more interested in gaming? Is there any hope that I can continue playing games after I'm married?

(On a side note...since those Japanese XBox 360s are so cheap over there, how about sending me one as a wedding gift? ;) I'm tying the knot on the 22nd. Besides, it's not like I didn't invent the CAGbag or anything. ;) )[/QUOTE]
It doesn't get much more cutesy than Kingdom Hearts. Katamari, perhaps?

I tried to get my wife to play a little homebrew Rumble Roses XX with her best friend...And then I woke up.

My question is: How can I make it so, if she thinks games are a waste of time?

With all the blame video games are getting from politicians and the media, when do you think people might actually realize its the parents' responsibility to understand the rating system and be responsible for their childrend? Also how many people do you think actually live out video game experiences in the real world? I mean that is the big "problem", kids go around killing people in games and obviously they will start a massacre. So how many turtles have you jumped on and how many princesses have you rescued?

Besides the inevitable better graphics, what existing feature would you like to have explored more?

Do either of you have a custom faceplate for your 360 other than the one that came with the system? If so which one?

Does Mrs. Cheapy ever browse Cheapassgamer.com? What does she think of gaming as a whole, your gaming hobby, and your job?

In observance of the new baseball season, who are your picks for the NL & AL playoffs and who would you like to see play at the big game and win?

[quote name='PawnTakesKing']Is there any hope that I can continue playing games after I'm married?[/quote]

Off topic but if there's even a remote chance you won't be able to continue playing games after you get married, don't get married.

Will subscription based games on the PC (like Magic Online, World of Warcraft) ever succeed in a console environment? And would these games be marketable to a console crowd?

Hey guys, I look forward to listening to your show every week. Blue Ray DVD and HD-DVD are about to take part in a media war. I feel cd/dvd technology is starting to be yesterdays news. I know the two new formats offer more memory for better movies and games, but I feel portable memory units like MP3/video players and flash drives are the way of the future. Just look at the popularity of the iPod and the convenience of OnDemand in the cable market, no cd required. Plus, how do you play a BD that is so compressed that a small scratch on the disc will make it useless? The price of the new BDs is another factor. Why would people want to rebuy their whole movie collection all over again on BD? What are your thoughts?

Keep up the good work.
A smart gamer ia a cheap ass gamer.

James in Dallas,TX

Cheapy/Wombat, what games would you consider to be your guilty pleasure games? You know you have no business playing them, but you can't resist dropping $20 on them and enjoying them alone, in your rooms, late at night, where no one can see you.

All right gentlemen, a few quick questions while "Mrs. Bazooka" is out...

#1. Mr. Cheapy: Maybe I missed the discussion on this (if there was one) but from your perception over there...why would you say that the Japanese culture isn't really diggin' the XBOX360 too much? Do they hate American companies "invading their market?" Too much hometown love for Sony & Nintendo? Not enough cute, big-eyed, crazy-haired RPGS on the console? ENLIGHTEN US :)

#2. Mr. Wombatty: If you don't mind me asking...what IS your "dayjob?" It has come up in the last few 'casts, & now I'm just curious.

#3. Both Of You: I was having a discussion the other day about USED GAMES...& basically, they accounted for a decent sized chunk (low billion I believe) of video game sales. A lot of the publishers have been pondering on how to either curb this loss in potential revenue, or get a piece of this which both are going to be tough to do...any ideas? I personally can't justify buying used games unless it is something that I'll have a tough time finding new. Why buy a game for like $5-$10 less that looks like it has been "Zelda's Chewtoy" when I can buy it brand-spanking new? Case in Point...the EBGAMES/GAMESTOP news you read last time about how they "may not come with a case or manual." Granted you are just PLAYING the game...but at least I would like it complete. Maybe I'm just being anal about the condition of my games here...

(Semi-Rant Ended)

THANX for the time guys...ADIOS!

Everyone has a hero that they look up to and respect for various reasons. Maybe because they help old ladies across the street, or they rob from the rich or give to the poor, or they donate their Sega Genesis and crates of games to less fortunate gamers. So with this in mind, who is your favorite video game "hero" and why?

This one is more for Cheapy I suppose. With the rampant sucess of the DS in Japan, is there a lot of buzz and excitement for the Revolution or do the Japanese take a more "wait and see" approach on things?

Cheapy - Considering that you have "connections" in the industry, have you considered adding an import/export portion to your site? For example, there's a HUGE demand for DS systems in Japan so why not import US systems to JP? Heck, I'm sure you could even sell some Japanese 360 peripherals here in the US considering the platform's impending doom over there.

I have two this week:
1. What is your target time to have the weekly CAGcasts done ? It kills me when I don't have my cord with me( I listen through my iTunes phone ).

2. Here in my hometown, there are an EB Games and a Gamestop with a few feet of each other. It's been through my experiences that there are more shoppers consistently in the EB store. But on the other hand, G$ has been there longer.
In your opinion(s), which store do you think will be the one to close ?

1. Has there ever been a game that you wanted to play but sadly got cancelled? If so what game?

2. Have you ever thought about a Cagcast only contest? Something like saying a secret password that you PM to Wombat and is chosen through a random drawing.

Hey Guys,

I'm realy "itching" thinking on getting a PSP, a lot lately because of it's all-in-one awesomeness, but now I'm hearing rumors of a "revise" PSP, history shows in the gaming industry that rumors has about 20 percent truth in it. So with you guys "uber" insider knowledge (I know you can't give away to much), but should I wait, or just sooth my itch with a AHHHH SHINY PSP?

Thanks gracing us with your presence, and gaming knowledge each week.

Do you think "virtual reality" will make its way back? This seemed like the direction alot of people thought gaming was going in the 90s, but it never got anywhere. I remember playing a VR fps game at the fair some years back and it was the most immersive game experience I've had, where I moved my head, my in-game view moved, where I moved my "gun", my in-game gun moved.

Do you think the Revolution control is a step in that direction?

firsttime CAGBAGGER.

When Do you think we will start seeing AO rated games in the market place?

Im in no way wanting to play pr0n games on my ps3/360 but looking for real games created for M/AO audiences.

And What is the real difference between "M" And "AO" ?

My opinion is they should be rated like movies are rated and do away with the E,T,M,AO categories. and put in G,PG,PG13,R etc etc.
I think this would help everyone including clueless parents on wether or not to buy a game for little Jimmy or not.

This would also hopefuly put an end to groups who find violence/sex/etc in "videogames" go away and think of videogames just like movies. Made for all audiences and not just little teenage kids.

P.s Having a WAR game like medal of honor have no blood in it is stupid. but its rated T for TEEN.and teens cant be allowed to see blood in a WAR game. although we will let them shoot and kill guys.

What website hosts the classic game audio that you use? That's a classic memory Ghost Busters on the Commodore 64.

Long time listener, first time CAGbagger.

Kind of a "what-if" scenario here... if online digital delivery were to replace physical storefronts in the future, do you think a lot of titles could end up lost in limbo, with no way to ever purchase them again? For example - if a game company went out of business, or a publishing license expired (e.g. Capcom losing Marvel), would the associated games simply VANISH from existence without any secondhand market to accomodate them?

First Time CagBagger here well,
As we are approaching the xbox 360's 6 month birthday what do you think of the direction the console is taking with current/future games, efforts in Japan, and little events like the past Verizon Free Gold Weekend. Also Cheapy while listening to the past CAG the way you were talking made me think you had no job. Is this true is Cheapy unemployed or is CAG your "job".
-Jakescape53

If the online for the PS3 is indeed as good as Xbox Live, would you be willing to pay for two seperate online services at once?

Wombat..Why wombat? Did you do an extensive research into possible mammals that you might be named? I understand that Naughty Dog, when trying to develop Crash Bandicoot..just grabbed an animal encyclopedia and found the bandicoot.

What is your story?

Also (and I don't want to seem like I'm picking on you) but what is taking you so long to level up and progress through Oblivion?

[quote name='Mr.Answer']Wombat..Why wombat? Did you do an extensive research into possible mammals that you might be named? I understand that Naughty Dog, when trying to develop Crash Bandicoot..just grabbed an animal encyclopedia and found the bandicoot.

What is your story?

Also (and I don't want to seem like I'm picking on you) but what is taking you so long to level up and progress through Oblivion?[/QUOTE]

Mr. Answer asking questions? Also it is because he is hairy. I can relate. I too am very hairy.

Nah, I can't accept that he chose wombat because he is hairy as there are many other animals that are equally hairy or even more so. I was leaning towards the answer being that the wombat's naturally range is pretty limited, hence his problems with the wide open spaces of oblivion. :)

Why don't more games for the xbox have a coop mode over live? My buddy got live a couple of months ago, but when i started looking for all the coop enabled game, i was disappointed with how few had this mode....especially a coop campaign option. it seems like whoever makes the decision to leave it out isn't in touch with its customers.

I actually have two questions.

Are xbox360 games being delayed on purpose? An example could be Dead Rising and Gears of War. First they were announced for around this time April-May now they are being pushed to June. Now supposedly Dead Rising is being pushed towards the end of the year same with Gears of War. Dead Rising looks almost exactly the same it did when screenshots were released and the gameplay doesn't seem to have changed much. Gears of War just keeps bouncing around with its release date and so far we only have a couple of screenshots.

With the PS3 supposedly coming out later this year do you think the Blu-Ray discs are going to cost more then the price of an xbox360 game?

[quote name='Wombat']New show in 10 hours, ask questions now or suffer my wrath, or wait till next week[/quote]

are we there yet?

(Question for Cheapy, unless Wombat knows about this....somehow) Is there any buzz for Mother 3 in Japan? Also, do you plan on picking it up and making your wife sit with you the whole and translate it?

bread's done
Back