CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

[quote name='Porksta']My sister teaches English in Korea and didn't know any Korean. I don't even think she could find it on a map.:D However she teaches K-2 grade levels, I don't know what levels you'd be teaching. But she loves it and is getting along fine with her now limited vocab.[/quote]
You can't compare Korea to Japan though. I am dating a Korean girl, and have plenty of Korean friends living in Seoul, as well as plenty of Japanese friends living scattered across Japan. The difference is much greater between cultures than you would assume until you actually interact with them on a closer level. The Koreans are much more open to practising their English by helping a foreigner than the Japanese are, and are generally much more open and friendly without knowing the person they're talking to. That's my two cents, but ask any Korean and they'd tell you the same.

Hey Cheapy and Wombat (this is kind of a response to Yipwoop last week), if you were playing a game on the 360 that you felt that you wouldn't get into, would you call it cheating if you looked on GameFAQS or somewhere else to get a few quick and easy achievements before you stopped playing the game?

cheapy

about the game collection lists coming.
i'm definitely looking forward to this. i use ign's all the time because it's so useful. even though the set up is lacking. and i'd happily switch over if the set up is at all better.

i want to make sure though, that you're putting in a "wishlist." since i, along with other cags, won't buy a game until long after it's been out, it's great to have a list to keep track of those games.

thanks
buttle

Cheapy,

Remember when you said a journalist's name doesnt mean anything??
Have you looked at the Itunes top video games podcasts list lately?
5 episodes in, Jeff Gerstman's Giant Bombcast is already in the top 10.
Where is the Cagcast, 29th?? Maybe you should rethink what you said b4.

Cheapy, I was just looking through the comments on your YouTube channel and there is a lot of people saying that they don't want to see Tai and want to see more gaming videos. I think that it is disrespectful as hell. There was also another guy who left a really bad comment about Tai who I had a rant at because you don't have any idea how pissed off that got me.

Hey Cheapy! I love Ninja Warrior on G4, how popular is it in Japan and are you near Mt. Midoriyama where the challenges play out?

Wombat, can I have your Devil May Cry 4 since you don't seem to be playing it anymore. Only game i need to complete my Devil may Cry collection. haha. :p just jigglin' your balls. Play it sometime and give more impressions, let me live vicariously through you DMC style.

Cheapy, I was just looking through the comments on your YouTube channel and there is a lot of people saying that they don't want to see Tai and want to see more gaming videos. I think that it is disrespectful as hell. There was also another guy who left a really bad comment about Tai who I had a rant at because you don't have any idea how pissed off that got me.

Hey Cheapy! I love Ninja Warrior on G4, how popular is it in Japan and are you near Mt. Midoriyama where the challenges play out?

Wombat, can I have your Devil May Cry 4 since you don't seem to be playing it anymore. Only game i need to complete my Devil may Cry collection. haha. :p just jigglin' your balls. Play it sometime and give more impressions, let me live vicariously through you DMC style.

Cheapy, Have either you or Wombat ever been "Rick Rolled" ,and as a follow up if so who would you Cheapy or Wombat like to " Put the boots to " i.e. stomp a mudhole in ......
A. Rick Astley
B. Who ever posted what got you "Rick Rolled"
or
C. A random celeberty
..........Just curious to your opinions.

Hey Cheapy and Wonbat,

I currently am a proud PS3 owner, but recently I've become increasingly jealous of 360 owners. With what seems to be some of the best games I've ever played being exclusives. Don't get me wrong, I love my PS3, I use it for all for my film needs and love the games I've played so far. MLB 08, Uncharted, Ratchet, COD4, Warhawk. But a few weeks ago I had to dog-sit for a friend of mine who went away on vacation. And he let me use his TV/360 if I wanted. So I got to play Bioshock for the first time and was blown away by the quality of the game. I then got to play Mass Effect, and got pretty far in the game and was also very impressed. GOW, HALO 3, even COD4 was better online.

So my question is. If you were in my position... A college student and a "happy" PS3 owner. Would you yourself purchase a 360?

CheapyD and Wombat:

ARGH, what the hell? I was listening to one of the latest CAGCasts on my iPod while sitting at my desk, and I swung my knee out from under my desk because I was about to get up, and I bumped the side and it made this loud noise.
AT THAT EXACT MOMENT, CheapyD said "What was that noise?!" and Wombat replied "I dunno."

Scariest shit ever. :shock:

Whats up CheapyD and Wombatizzle I was just wondering what do you think is the most influential game in the gaming industry. maybe grand theft auto 3. i dont know what do you think revolutionized the video game world. keep up the great work.

Two question special!!!

Wombat, any updates on the baby's name?
Also could you explain this whole Jewish name tradition thing?
It's been forever since I've been to temple.

Cheapy, why did I have to wait for South Park to lampoon the "What What (in the butt)"
before I found out about it? I thought you were all knowing in all things ass related.

Hey,

I've been a long time listener, but recently have gone back to re-listen to few older cagcasts. The last one I just listened to was #75. During the cagbag, one of the questions was about what movies you both like, and have to say, I was a bit impressed by both of your film picks. I am a big movie buff myself, partaking in anything Kubrick, Kurosawa, ect... I am a big asian film fan, from classics to modern times. Since I live in LA, I've spent a lot of my days in Little Tokyo and thats really where my love of Japanese film began. Being Japanese and having a large extended Japanese family, living in Japan and in the US, and with the help of torrents I am able to keep up with whats going in Japan.

Just curious to what films you or your wife watch/enjoy living in Tokyo? or what films are big in Japan, excluding American releases?

Let me start by saying that I am not a Nintendo fan boy. The last Nintendo console I owned was an N64. I think that the argument that games get higher reviews just because they have Mario or Link in them doesn't hold water. These games get high scores because they are good games. The teams that develop them are some of the best in the business with the highest payrolls. I think that every high score is well deserved.

Hey CheapyD and Wombat

So tell us Cheapy, you've ate a lot of nice stuff out there on Japan, like the Pakutch Tower Burger, so tell us what's the best and nastiest thing you've ate on Japan besides the Mega Muffin?

Cheapy I have to say that your blackisms (impressions of black people) make me laugh lol. Yo man, I slap a bitch if I have to.

P.S That comment was NOT aimed to be racist.

Wombat,

You mentioned that someone sent you a copy of "Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut" on Blu-ray... but you never mentioned anything more about the film. What are your thoughts on the movie... Jor El taking Superman's powers away instead of his mother? Superman sleeping with Lois before he lost his powers? All the Donner footage compared to the original, campy Superman II? Kneel before Zod!

Hey Cheapy and Wombat first off, I'm an open minded person so I've never been a fanboy just to clarify. Anyway I love my 360 but I'm always on edge about the RROD, I've never had it but it could always happen. I've been checking out PS3 reviews and I have to say that they are a lot better than I thought they were and some of the upcoming features like home look great. There are 360 exclusives that I am looking forward to but there are a lot more PS3 exclusives that I am looking forward to so do you think I should keep my 360 or sell it and get a PS3? Please help guys, this is a real dilemma.

P.S I have a PSP so there are a few more things on the PS3 that could benefit me.

I would appreciate help from fellow CAGs as well. All opinions are welcome :D

Wombat: What's the best method to buy comic books? Should I go with mail order, subscription, comic book store, or dumpster diving?

Bonus: Spider-Man retcon? Go!

Hi Cheapy and Wombat,
would you guys be willing to buy a Wii Virtual console games compilation pack on a wii disc instead of purchasing nintendo VC shop. I remember hearing Wombat talking about ps2 sonic compilation pack 20 buck was worth getting instead. Rather than purchasing each individual game at a high price each. I know that it would be a waste of material but it would probably cost cheaper. examples mario, zelda, eathbound, rpg, Shoot 'em up, arcade, and etc Wii VC Compilation. I know that ps2 gets a good amount of compilation games than the other consoles. bye, great show

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

I wanted to get your thoughts on this demo drought we've been in since February for both the PSN and XBL with not much more than a handful of demos in the past two months. We've had demos for two baseball games, a tennis game, a soccer game, Condemned 2, Army of Two, and that's it. And that's with one or two of them coming out before the game's release. What recent games do you guys think should have had demos out by now and what upcoming games need demos to come out soon?

You guys have been vocal about DLC recently, so I was wondering what you're preferences are for how they're released? Would you prefer consistent releases starting from launch like Rock Band or releases after you've put down the game that bring you back in? And what do you think about expensive map packs coming out for games you'd never bother with the multiplayer (Darkness, Stranglehold, Turok) anyway?

My final question/topic is about a possible solution to your complaints from long ago with regard to the themes and gamerpics that Microsoft charges for. What would think if Microsoft would make themes and gamerpics free 1.5 or 2 years after the game's release, since at that point, there's no way they can't still be selling enough picture packs for Perfect Dark Zero to warrant charging for them anymore? The bright side for Micosoft would be that they'd get good will from new 360 owners and those turned off by the prices before while still being able to sell to the fans that buy these things around a game's release.

Hey Cheapy,

Did you hear the latest Stern where Artie got into a fight with his assistant and possibly quit the show? Since Howard is now on vacation I think it might be a stunt to leave us wondering about the show for a week. Why don't you and Wombat get into a fight and leave us with a cliffhanger?

Do you watch any tv shows in Japan? I know you can not understand anything but I figured maybe your wife can translate or some shows might not need translation like I don't know, their version of WWF maybe.

You might want to note that the good shows are translated and placed on the net days or hours after airing.

Cheapy and Perhaps, Wombat.

In an episode of CAG (few weeks ago) you were talking about Paprika, an Anime movie you had seen.

I was wondering what other anime series or movies you have seen? Living in Japan you must see allot of anime everywhere like on Billboards, at cinemas, on TV etc. What is this like? Are you much of an anime fan?

Being Australian and having Jack shit to do, I've invested a great amount of time reading Manga and Watching Anime while not playing Video games.

-Adam

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

I have an awesome wife who games with me on Wii, PS2 and DS. We have been planning on getting a PS3 this Christmas along with an HDTV since we are graduating and getting real jobs. However, now they're coming out with the special MGS4 80GB PS3 this summer, and the 80s are hard to find in stores now it seems...

Should I still wait to get my PS3 along with my HDTV, or is it worth it to suffer through standard def for a while in order to jump on the chance of getting the bundle? (Getting the HDTV this summer is not an option) If so, how can I convince my wife that it is worth getting it early even though she doesn't like the MGS games? What do you think the chances are of PS3 getting another price drop again between then and Christmas? Do you think there's a chance we'll lose all back-compat. for all SKUs? It's so complicated...

How do you guys feel about video games being made off movies?

IMO: I think its decent concept but the execution never works. There should be a some kind of rule to all studios that video games movies should never be allowed EVER. Do you agree or disagree?

I'd say that CAGcast 115 marks the point where Cheapy's minstrel show humor stops being a self-aware gag and starts toeing the line of straight-up hatred.

Racism? Ironic humor? Genius ambiguity? Hard to say. In any case, I'm sure living in Japan, where there are no black people besides Bob Sapp, doesn't help much.

I cry inside... but laugh outside. Go figure.

Hey Cheapy and Wombat, how about some pictures of you guys in college? I think I speak for everyone when I say I want to see Cheapy with hair.

Here's a question for both Cheapy and Wombat:

With the anticipation of GTA IV coming out, I was just wondering what kind of a "sandbox gamer" you guys are? Do you guys play the story mode first, and then go around "exploring" and doing side missions? or vice-versa? or both at the same time? Are you the type of gamers that "need" to collect every single item and get a 100% rating? Or do you just play until you feel like you're finished with the game? And finally, when feeling bored, do you guys ever just load up an older GTA game and just start dicking around i.e. shooting cops and hookers?

BTW, I love your CAGcasts, keep up the good work

Whats your take on this...? Lately this PS3 error thing has gotten some news...

http://kotaku.com/378576/sony-dont-know-what-error-code-80010514-is-either

Personally I never heard of this until a few weeks ago... It just seems like a response to RROD...

heres the link explaining it on kotaku

Also, on an older cagcast cheapyd mentioned that he liked listening to mashups... Well, every day on my drive home from college I listed to a mash up show on indie 103.1 in California.
Its on at Fri 5:30 pm here, 9:30 am Tokyo, but you can download all the shows from their site.
http://thesmashmix.com/
or listen to it live if you want in the morning from the indie 103.1 site
http://indie1031.com/index.php

I was listening to the radio the other day and they said a survey was recently carried out on women asking wether they thought shopping was better than sex. Most said yes. What is your take on this?

Hey Wombat and Cheapy:

What do you guys think of the game "Heavy Rain" that was showcased at E3 2006 as "The Casting" demo? The developers have been talking about their intention to use complete facial and body motion capture, as well as top actors, to give the game a very "interactive film" feeling. Do you think people will go for this? Does it sound interesting to you? And how important do you guys think story is to a video game?

On a completely unrelated note, if you could have a sequel to any game, what would it be, and why?

Hey Cheapy and Wombat

I'm assuming you guys love to play Rock Band and play it on a regular basis, so I have this questions:

1) Out of all instruments which one is your favorite and on which difficulty you play each.
2) Which non-DLC song(s) is your favorite.
3) Cheapy D vs. Wombat. Who is better?

BTW Congratz Wombat for the baby girl.

Cheapy,

I've been playing the simexchange, since you've talked about it on the show. It's great fun (surprisingly), but why the hell is the Mormon church advertising on their site? Don't you think that's weird? I mean WTF?

~Mocha

[quote name='destro713']I'd say that CAGcast 115 marks the point where Cheapy's minstrel show humor stops being a self-aware gag and starts toeing the line of straight-up hatred.

Racism? Ironic humor? Genius ambiguity? Hard to say. In any case, I'm sure living in Japan, where there are no black people besides Bob Sapp, doesn't help much.

I cry inside... but laugh outside. Go figure.[/QUOTE]

I've been to tokyo there are a lot of black people there.

Hey Cheapy & Wombat,
A few podcast ago you bashed some new type of game control and thought there could be no improvement to the current generation of controllers for game play.
I was wondering what you guys thought of the new Tom Clancy title End War? It's suppose to incorporate voice command with the 360 game play.
Do you think this will change the way we play video games? Will there be more voice command games in the future? What are your thoughts?

The show is great,
Showa50

PS....R6V2 came with a teaser video disc of some Frag Dolls playing End War if you wanna get a better idea of what I talking about.

In Cagcast 115 you discussed different potential game rating systems. One that was mentioned was listing a game as buy, rent, or pass. I like this system because it's simple and easy to use. But I would suggest adding another option. You should have buy, wait for the price drop, rent, or pass.

Hey guys, I was wondering when we are going to see a "I got the last one, sucka!" t-shirts? Or any new shirt for that matter. Thanks and keep up the great work!

Like MikeC, I like the polling system where people vote Buy, Wait for Price Drop, Rent, Skip. It's quick and clear. More nuanced reviews can be saved for optional commentary.

A question for the CAGbag: Cheapy, have you had any experience with the Oshiya at train stations? I just saw a video of them in action and found it hilarious and disturbing at the same time.

[quote name='Sancho1978']Hey guys, I was wondering when we are going to see a "I got the last one, sucka!" t-shirts? Or any new shirt for that matter. Thanks and keep up the great work![/quote]

That's a fantastic idea, have WSB illustrate it.

Wombat,
I know you have touched up Star Wars: The Complete Saga for the DS before and mentioned how much you've enjoyed it. How does it compare to the console versions though? It is better in some ways? Or does it more just come down to the fact of whether I want to play it at home or on the go? Thanks.

Blimey Cheapy!

You've clearly never been to England, mate. CAGcast Episode 115 featured some fackin' awful fake accent.

More to the point, England had a crazy huge number of different accents, far more, in fact, than the US. It's way off the mark to say that everyone sounds like they've stepped out of Mary Poppins.

Have you never heard a Brummie, a Georgie or a Scouser speak? It's like they're talking a whole different language.

FPS Cover Systems

Cheapy, with so much emphasis "cover systems" in 3rd person & 1st person games these days, why do we not see more FPS games using the system incorporated into Medal of Honor: Frontlines? It seems more realistic & fun than for example the 3rd person view the in Rainbow Six Vegas series.

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,
You guys were talking about the fact that you are stuck with downloaded games for eternity with no recourse to get value back ie trade-in. How do you feel about the fact that no one takes back PC games? I cant stand it. I have Bioshock and Supreme Commander sitting here collecting dust. I guess it is easier when you download a game from XBOXLive or Steam and theres no game box too remind you that it isnt beening played.

bread's done
Back