CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

Hey Cheapy, I'd like to thank you for getting me into Battlestar Galactica. I heard you raving about it on a show and finally decided to check it out, it's pretty damn good.

Anyway for the question: did you guys manage to download the 2.40 firmware update for the PS3 before Sony took it down? If you haven't already talked about it in the show, what are your personal opinions of the changes they added?

hey guys, just a random quick question. What kind of questions so u prefer to be asked in the cagbag, or rather which questions would you prefer not to be asked?

just question i was wondering about so i have a better idea of what to ask in the future.
Thanks, love the show.

[quote name='Chronis']This is more for Cheapy, since without CAG, Wombat would probably have his own popular radio show on like Sirius or something since he wouldn't be tricked into a podcast.[/quote]

It was actually Wombat who tricked Cheapy into making the CAGcast.

[quote name='LittleWildman']It was actually Wombat who tricked Cheapy into making the CAGcast.[/quote]

Yeah, I actually listened to CAGcast 101 the other day, and it said that Wombat actually tricked Cheapy. Now I feel dumb. :cry:

Cheapy, do the Japanese care about the Nathan's 4th of July hot dog contest? Cheapy and Wombat, do you care?

Oh yeah, there's also a Wii Competitive Eating game coming out, so I guess this is kinda related.

Feel better, CheapyT (or is it CheapyBAby?).

Hey Cheapy, I just noticed the CAG store (even though I know it's been around for awhile) and I was ordering a CheapAssGamer sweatshirt for about $30 + shipping. You have a couple of codes and I tried to use DES132 to get $10 off but it is obviously expired now. Any plans to get some new cheap ass codes to use in the store? I would definitely love to have some CAG gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheapy what the hell happened to the CAG theme song? It went on for months and months and you picked a couple winners on CAG cast 104 and we never heard any of these songs again. You really need to make "Cheap as Shit" from Pen15 the main theme song. That song still makes me smile.

listening to cagcast #122 Double Dragons, i was thinking the show can have a new segment called "Cags On Boobs" where you guys can talk about celebrities in gaming or just anyone in general and how nice their boobs are. just a suggestion, love the podcast, guys, its great!

I'm going to ask this again, because I want to know what you guys think.

Cheapy and Wombat

With the "next gen" of gaming, I'm noticing a trend of soundtracks being made available for current games as digital downloads (like Uncharted and Pixeljunk Monsters for example)

Do you think game companies missed a golden opportunity by not putting out game soundtracks last gen? With the success of sites like Play Asia, there is obviously a market for this kind of music.

Do you think game companies are finally catching on that they can make money from selling soundtracks in the West?

Hey Cheapy and Wombat do you think that trophies will get popular like achievements?Do you think there will be lots of people with like 500 trophies like Xbox Live players?Or will no one really care and say "id rather stick to achievements".Will you guys be getting lots of trophies?

I hope my question about CoD4/Halo3 "levelling" didn't get missed. I thought it was a solid question that leads to a decent discussion.

Good show guys,

Thank you Wombat for suggesting hulu.com, I've bought and moved into my first home about 2 months after you bought and moved, and I don't have extra money for cable right now so I'm so glad I can watch those shows for free. [I'm watching "The A Team"]

Cheapy, how about having John on the show to talk about his hardwork on the site?

Micheal Pachter - by making those arbitrary predictions for publicity - do you Wombat and Cheapy think that in some way he's impacting the market? [In my opinion he's pretty popular and if he says something people are going to respond in one way or the other - for instance if he predicts high sales for Too Human, then people may take a second look at the game whereas they probably wouldn't have if he had not said anything]

Hey all,

Just recently found the site, and love it, and somehow successfully subscribed to the CAGForeplay podcast using Doppler, and wanted to sign up for the CAGCast as well, but none of the links seem to work with that type of program (I need the actual RSS feed).

Am I missing it on the site? I've been hunting for at least 15 minutes or so

Thanks!

Rock band prices in europe. i know this is a old story, or old news to but when you guys had mentioned that Rock band would be super expensive in europe. well do you think that the prices of video games would drop if our global economy would be free. so more games being bought because of free trade lower prices for the games and no extra charges that the companies have to pay to ship the games, and the less we would have to pay for the final product. or am i totally wrong about this? the show is great thanks and keep it up. and Wombat do you get scared when Cheapy yells at you?

One game I really always loved was Killer Instinct for the SNES. Few years back there was a screenshot shown of the game for 360. You think E3 will be where it will be announced? Also your thoughts about this game?

I'm a huge fan of the show and I can't state this too many times, but Wombat kinda got to me in episode 125.

Wombat states that he is completely against obtaining illegal copies of games for early review purposes, even though the game would or could be purchased for in the future. In my mind it's logical to be against this, but Wombat constantly asks CheapyD what shows or movies he is currently watching and if he's found "Ways" of being able to watch them i.e. Heroes, Battlestar, etc. The Television shows and movies are purely for entertainment and Wombat doesn't seem to have a problem with this. I would like to get some insight as to why Wombat seems to be fine with obtaining TV shows and movies, but not video games?

I am not saying Wombat is for downloading TV Shows and movies, but he seemed to have contradicted himself.

Hey Wombat, I am happy that you enjoyed Metal Gear Solid 4 so much (hope Cheapy jumps on the band wagon). I know that you didn't like the cutscenes but since you faithfully committed to it and didn't skip any I was just wondering if you would try to learn the story a bit more. I think you would enjoy the story especially since you aren't looking for sandbox games this week :). Also the MGS database is available to download on the PS store.

Serious questions:

- Will there ever be a CAG 3.0?
- Will there be any new additions to CAG, forum wise?

Medium-Serious Questions:
- How many licks does it take to get to the center.... lol.. i'll stop there.

thanks.

[quote name='cgsaunde']Hey all,

Just recently found the site, and love it, and somehow successfully subscribed to the CAGForeplay podcast using Doppler, and wanted to sign up for the CAGCast as well, but none of the links seem to work with that type of program (I need the actual RSS feed).

Am I missing it on the site? I've been hunting for at least 15 minutes or so

Thanks![/quote]

Any more help on this? I've tried the following two feeds:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/cagcast
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/podcast/cagcast.xml

And neither work with Doppler. This is the first podcast I've had trouble with, and I actually don't have any trouble with CAGForeplay, which I don't understand.

Cheapy & Wombat two questions:

1. I know you are big fans of the Stern show, so I'm sure your are familiar with the "Wack Pack". So if you had to assemble a CAG version of the "Wack Pack", who would you choose for the group and why?

2. Do you plan on adding sub-forums for the CAG Groups that are now supported for the site? Right now all you can do is post comments which limits the funcionality of the groups. If there was a private forum for each group that would be great.

Just wondering if you still have plans to do a live show like you'd mentioned maybe 8 shows ago. I thought that might be interesting.

hey wombat me and gpninja were on the defending side of the "cag blog war" we were attack with hatefull and threatful comments on our blog but these wernt comments about the topic of our blog they were just mean ones about us and when I listen to the cag-cast you said that when you first started the podcast you were disliked to so now I ask you are you on my side

Cheapy, it seems like you enjoy watching reality tv at least some. & i know that reality tv is huge here in the states. so my question is how do people in japan feel about it? do they have a lot of reality tv programs there? & are they as popular as they are here?

Yo Cheapy, I was cyber stalking you on Flickr the other day, and saw your picture of some ole gravy covered eggs and shit. Then i noticed your arse was up in the West Palm Areas, wtf man? South Florida dont get no CAG meetup love? Just bustin yo chops! But what was up with that? Do you frequent "teh" Florida? Or was it just a passin through kinda thing?

I just want to give Wombat a quick Pro-tip:

Don't use cheap diapers on newborns!!! Their shit is basically liquid and by using bargain bin diapers, its just pours out the side. Its an extra $2 well spent. Congrats and sleep while you can!

Hey Cheapy,

Love the new layout. I may be missing something, but is there a way to sort blogs by most popular/most views, or is this something coming later?

Also, do you have a time frame for when the selection of CAG Reviewers will be?

Thanks!

Over a few shows you guys have discussed the delay for the PSN Store to make movies available for download. I wanted to give you my 2 cents and see what you guys think.

Among the three console companies Sony is presented with a unique problem with regards to making this content available on their platform.

Sony Computer Entertainment is part of the larger Sony machine, along with their media unit, Sony Pictures. Sony Pictures produces both television shows and films. This presents the two Sony business units with a conflict of interest. If Sony was working in a vaccum they would just make media from Sony Pictures available on the PS3, this would give their picture business unit a unique distribution platform without competition and make films and shows available on the PS3.

On the other hand, there is only so much content consumers want to buy from Sony Pictures, and so it is in the computer entertainment business unit's best interest to make as many shows available as possible. As you can see this presents Sony with a problem, especially when negotiating with other media companies for content who might correctly or incorrectly feel that Sony might be less inclined to promote their content over Sony Pictures.

It was for this exact same reason that I was surprised when Sony added Divx capabilities to the PS3 because, divx formats and their popularity with file shares encroaches directly upon Sony Pictures. You can be sure that if Microsoft did not move forward with divx implementation, it never would have seen the light of day on Sony. This show of flexibility on Sony's part makes me think that we may yet see movie downloads on the PS3 sooner rather than later.

As a note, I know that Sony offers some video content for the PSP for download, but as far as I know only in Japan (I have a Japanese PSP and do not get North American features and updates). I can't say if this content is solely from Sony Pictures or not because of my limited understanding of Japanese so you may be able to fill in the gaps Cheapy.

So as you can see this goes well beyond bluray, and this is why video distribution wasn't a problem for microsoft even before the end of the format war, even though they were heavily invested in to the HDDVD format.

Hey guys with E3 coming up next week and all, what companies are you most excitied to hear from? And what one game are you most excitied to learn more about?

Hey guys,

This Labor Day weekend I will be making my 1st non-work related trip to NY. I had to make the trip this year because this was my last summer to cross "go to Yankee Stadium" off of my bucket list.
We're staying at a friends place in Manhattan(Cheap ass holiday). I'm going with my fiance, so we're definitely doing the touristy stuff like the Met and Lady Liberty.
So, would you guys suggest something that I MUST do while I'm there ? As in, a place to eat or someplace I gotta check out.

Keep up the good work, & 2.0 kicks ass.

Cheapy and Wombat, did you watch Hancock yet? If you did, what did you think of it? If not, will you go see it?

Also, what megaton news do you expect from E3 this year? For me, it would be shocking if Kingdom Hearts 3 was announced for the 360. ;)

With the selling points for consoles include library of games, graphics, and most importantly first-party exclusives, do you guys see companies like Microsoft and Sony securing these exclusives? As games get more expensive to produce, developers have to bring their product to the largest audience (i.e multi-platform). Will Microsoft and Sony push to secure more exclusives, get more of the "better" version of multi-platform games (Xbox GTA DLC), or do you see these companies losing their exclusives for monetary or interest issues (later Bungie)?

It's a boring question, but I would like to know your opinions because i don't want to spend $600+ on the consoles themselves for the next generation. Thanks.

Cheapy and Wombat,

Since you're new to Pokemon this question seems appropiate. Which Pokemon would you use as the main ingredient for a recipe? Pikachu Pie? Charmander Fried Chicken?

YUM!

You guys ever think of doing like a "whatca been playin" section for the show? Seems like some shows you guys dont mention that your playing anything......Just a thought

Just a quick question concerning the Rockband/Guitar Hero phenomenon...

With the hardware getting more tweaks (better drum kits and guitars), do you think there will come a point when these franchises say, "screw it, let's just make you use a real guitar."?

Obivously, it seems that people are looking for a more "real" experience when playing these games, so do you think they will develop some kind of setup where you play real instruments along with the gameplay? Will we see a generation of people learning to play musical instruments through mimicing master tracks through consoles?

Love the show...keep it up guys.

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

As E3 closer and closer, it seems like the number of rumors and leaks increase along with getting bigger and bigger in terms of spoiling the surprises, so I wanted to know if you guys would prefer to be completely surprised by the announcements at E3 or have them spoiled for you the weeks leading up to the show? And now that Peter Moore works at EA, would you prefer to see him as a part of any Rock Band 2 demonstrations that may happen at E3?

Cheapy, since you are all about a good meal, what restaurants are you planning on going to at E3? In true CAG fashion, you should pig out at the Sony post conference buffet, and bring a dufflebag full of food back to your room for the rest of the week. :D

Hey Cheapy,
I have a question for you:

What can you say about the 'delta change' of Japanese Double Dragons during/after pregnancy? Is there some definite Super Double Dragon action, similar to what is generally experienced with Western ladies?

Hey guys, I was thinking after listening to the part of the last CAGCast where you talked about Rock Band 2 having backwards compatibility with Rock Band songs, what do you think the odds are that Guitar Hero World Tour instruments will be compatible with Rock Band 2 or vice versa so I only have to have one set of instruments lying around. Thanks

[quote name='SMG247']Hey guys, I was thinking after listening to the part of the last CAGCast where you talked about Rock Band 2 having backwards compatibility with Rock Band songs, what do you think the odds are that Guitar Hero World Tour instruments will be compatible with Rock Band 2 or vice versa so I only have to have one set of instruments lying around. Thanks[/quote]

Short answer: No.

Hey Cheapy and Wombat!

I have a couple of quick questions for you guys. I just got a Wii and checked out their 'arcade' section (Wiiware is it?) I guess you could call it (the downloadable games ala XBOX Live arcade) and saw a bunch of old school games I am very familiar with. I'd like to know what you recommend on getting with my 2000 points card.

I know how they play on their original systems but hows the emulation for the old school games on the Wii?

Thanks in advance!

Hey cheapyd and wombat. Just want to say great show, your a massive hit over in england. Anyway just a quick comic book question towards Wombat, is Superman the strongest there is, is there anyone better? And cheapy what are your predictions for E3? Thank you.

Great show Cheapy and Wombat, long time no CAGBag question I know.

I have a lengthy Nintendo-only question for the CAGBag, which I hope to hear on this week's show.

What is taking Nintendo so long to re-vamp their Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service? I see friend codes working on the DS, and they work to a certain extent. However, on the Wii, they just do not work the same way! Aren't there parental controls that could conceivably be put into place so that pedophiles couldn't friend gamers under a certain age, like with what Xbox Live attempted to do (emphasis on attempted)?

I see "child accounts" much like they do on Xbox Live, except for better migration when they hit the age milestone. Either way, all features would be accessible to everyone, much like what Xbox Live is doing in this day and age with the Silver and Gold accounts. Also, I see DLC and downloadable demos in Wii's immediate future, and this is something Nintendo clearly needs to address, but are they really going to? Can I have the opinions of both of you on this matter, especially with E3 next week?

BJ

Hi CheapyD and Wombat,
my question is are you guys going to get Soul Calibur 4 for ps3 or not?
Are you guys going to be able to see Batman?
Is Wombat going to have a chance to see Batman: the dark kight, or is going to wait a few a weeks?

bread's done
Back