CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

Fellas I have a question. Cheapy are you and ship going to answer some questions from the cagbag during the e3 podcasts how ever you do them. Obviously if you ask this on the next podcast then my question will be answered. Hope the birthing goes/went well for you wombat.

CAG 4 LiFe!.....Signed Smallville123

the wii. as we all know, has a "molestation protection" system that forces people to use friend codes instead of regular name ids. well i was wondering, do you think that the possibility of some youngster playing super smash bros. online getting fucked by an old man is high?

oh and cheapyd. if youre a jew, why do you eat fried pork as demonstrated in your lasted lunch with cheapyd?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wombat, I was talking to my friend about Batman and he told me that batman has a kryptonite ring in his belt. Why does he have the ring? Has he needed to stop Superman at one time?

dear cheapy,

just saw your latest lunch with cheapyd video, and i was wondering: [sticking to the beverage theme] if you could do a video on the genki/vitamin drinks. i've had a few myself (can't remember the names) and their tastes were...uniquer, and i would like to know your take on them.

In response to the whole Denis Dyack situation:

I can understand your opinion on how Dyack is reacting to his public, and I agree with you. But it isnt like we haven't seen this before. Even though I (and probably me only) enjoyed Lair, didn't the President of Factor 5 lash out to critics who complained of the motion controls and told them "you just aren't playing the game the right way." I guess what my question is here, is that isn't predictable that higher ups at game studios are expected to act like idiots at times? What should we expect Dyack to do, go out there and say "Too Human sucks, don't buy it?"

I seriously think you should consider renaming the cagcast. Here's my idea: "The Stew And David Awesome Podcast" That has winner written all over it.

Unlike you, Cheapy, I am not an Aerosmith fan; in fact I am quite the opposite. Still, when I saw the track list for Guitar Hero Aerosmith I took notice. The inclusion of music from acts like The Clash, Cheap Trick, The Kinks, and New York Dolls was enough to convince me to pick up the title despite the fact that the game's primary focus wasn't particularly interesting to me. What games that you may have potentially ignored have you and Wombat purchased specifically for access to such "secondary content?"

Hello CAGcast!

I was just wondering how most people listen to the CAGcast? (for example: at the gym, on the way to work)

I've tried many things and my favorite so far is to listen to it while playing MLB 2K8.

You really don't need the announcers so turning the volume down doesn't change the game for me at all. In fact, it's inspired my team. The last two games I've played while listening to the CAGcast, I've won and it's put my team over .500.

Since we're all in the whole E3 excitement it got me wondering. Why do these companies need to be so "hush hush" about what they're doing? Take for example the 360 price cuts. Everyone's talking about it but it is still taken as a rumor till Microsoft gives their "official" word on it.

Do they feel if the public finds out about their secret plans everything will be screwed? In my personal experience I know I would have bought Rock Band for the Wii if Activision waited too long to announce Guitar Hero World Tour.

[quote name='Navyboy5499']Wombat, I was talking to my friend about Batman and he told me that batman has a kryptonite ring in his belt. Why does he have the ring? Has he needed to stop Superman at one time?[/QUOTE]

lol Batman kicked supermans ass in the Batman Superman movie, I tried to find the entire fight, but this is all I have from it. I found it! check the second video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uklSyanOQfY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFaL77o3EQQ

Hey CheapyD!

Miss Universe Japan ends her reign tonight as she crowns the new winner. Are you sad that Riyo Mori is no longer the queen, reverting Japan to the home of non-ridiculously good looking women?

Cheapy and Wombat,

Last CAGCast, you mentioned the Xbox motion controller, and how it won't make the 360 the hot selling console that the Wii is. Cheapy mentioned the entire Wii marketing scheme, and how they're already know as 'the family console'.

My opinion - When Microsoft originally created the Xbox, there was a target audience for the system. the console was black and mountain dew green, it mainly had action / fps games, and heck, the consoles name was 'Xbox'. It was targeted with that gamer in mind. The hyper Halo-playing type of gamer who has an ADHD attention span, and doesn't really care about the dialog as long as he gets to kill a bunch of things. With this effort, Microsoft has achieved a great success.

However, now Microsoft sees what Nintendo has managed to market itself as, and it sees the insane profits that being the 'family console' can achieve. If you're looking for a '360' on who Microsoft would like to attract to their system, look no further. Sadly, I see the same green-eyed envy in Microsoft's eyes that they have towards Google.

If I was to make a prediction, it's that Microsoft *has* to be #1 at everything, and they'll blindly toss away their gains in an attempt to try to de-throne Nintendo. I know it sounds far fetched now, but I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft's next console didn't have the traditional 360 gamer in mind as the audience it wants to win over. Sure, there will be some work done on their behalf, but they won't be the primary target. If it works, then Microsoft gets what it wanted. If it doesn't work, then Microsoft has put its core audience in jeopardy because it couldn't accept being #2. Does anything here really think Microsoft will ever accept being #2 in any market?

Hey Cheapy (and Wombat)!

First off, I'd like to congratulate you on the launch of CheapAssGamer v2.0. Nice work! The site looks really great and I'm excited to use the new site to its' fullest potential.

Second(ly?), I would like to ask your honest opinion about living in Tokyo. I recently took a week vacation there alone (21 year old Amerika-jin exploring the city) and had a blast. I spoke close to no Japanese before I got there, but after hanging around a few days, I picked up most of the important phrases. Now, I've lived and visited a lot of places in my young life. I've lived in Arizona most of my life, while spending 3 years off and on in Georgia for college. I've been to NYC a few times, SF and LA a whole bunch, London, France, etc. But I'm getting off track.

What I'm really trying to get at is, Tokyo has by far been my favorite destination in all of my travels. Now I realize my perspective is probably skewed, seeing as I was on vacation, and not really working in the city, as well as knowing very little of the language. However, from what I gathered, Tokyo is one of the largest cities in the world, without the big city attitude that comes with NYC, London, etc. The Japanese are so polite (some might say overly so) that it makes being in the environment extremely rewarding, as I felt like I was part of a system, without actually being part of it. It's very difficult to put into words, but I'm sure you have some idea what I'm talking about.

I realize I probably sound like a Japanophile, but truth be told, I am not the type of kid who would travel to Japan to visit Akihabara and blow all his bank on anime, hentai, and video games. I'm just a somewhat average guy who really enjoyed Japan for what it was. Am I being delusional?

I regret not getting in contact with you sooner, so perhaps we could have met up and chilled a little bit.

So, finally, I'd like to ask you how you like living in Japan? I hear (from gaijinpot.com) that many people are disillusioned with Japan, but once they move there, they are unhappy. Is there much truth to this? Did you know much of the language before moving there with your wife? How is the language barrier now? Any tips on picking up the Japanese language faster? Finally, what part of Tokyo are you in? I was staying in Higashi-Koganei with family friends, and I was just curious what the cost of living is like as well.

I know it'll probably be years before I can remember even half of the Kanji that appears in the newspaper. But I'd like to give an honest attempt at exploring living in Japan. I intend on finishing my last year of my Graphic Design degree and studying Japanese privately with a tutor/program of some sort. Then, perhaps I will make an attempt at setting foot on Japanese soil for good.

Please let me know what you think.
Thanks!

Your fellow gaikokujin and friend,
Sean

Question for Wombat and Cheapy, but more for Wombat than cheapy,

With E3 coming up, what is a go to place to get all of your e3 information? Obviously i know Cheapy will be at E3, thats why i said mostly for Wombat, since hes home waiting for his lil wombat. Also How about overall video game information like reviews and previews and videos. Some sites are charing money for live wire services but is that worth it or have you experienced this type of service?

Thanks guys,
-Corey

CheapyD,

That's a big CHECK on the Nintendo white plastic

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53590

I'm a bit mixed about this. One of my biggest complaints about the Wii is the lack of really good detection of the Wiimote. This solves the problem in a way, but would really only be useful if they started making a 2nd generation Wiimote and started shipping all Wiis with this new WiiMote. Otherwise, I just don't see developers taking advantage of the new hardware.

Hey cheapy d and wombat is was woundering if u forgot about those autograph pictures u were going to send. it has been about mayb a few months since u said the question and u said u would send it. have u already sent it ?

This may be answered in the next cagcast anyway, but what was your reaction to the news of Final Fantasy 13 coming to the Xbox 360? I know neither one of you are big big JRPG people but to me, this was the one game that everyone thought would never release at the same time. Verses apparently is still PS3 exclusive (or timed), but who knows how long that will last.

What ever happened to Nintendo's new IP? That and what eve happened to Disaster Day of Crisis, now there a mature game which Nintendo may need. Also among you too what do you think was missing from the Big 3 or 4 if you include PC.

CheapyD or Wombat, For someone like me who isn't really into forums and stuff, would CAG 2.0 be interesting to me?

Hey cheapy, I just got back from Taipei and Seoul and had a second wedding reception in Taipei. I realized that an involved part of the asian wedding bonanza is the crazy photo shoot. Basically girls get to pick out dresses, guys bring a wardrobe and you go on a day long photo shoot. Did you participate in this activity when you got married, and did you have a Japanese counterpart to your wedding?

Hi guys, first off thanks for the UK deals RSS feed - I just got bioshock for a bargain when the deal came up in my google reader!

Question: what do you think of the news that Darren Aronofsky is directing the robocop sequel, to be set 20 years after the robocop programme was shut down? This completely changes my take from uninterested to very intruiged!

Question for each of you:

Cheapy, now that the PS3 has movies, do you plan to quit getting your movies the other way? At least the ones available on the PS3 at least.

Wombat, now that the baby has been born, has Mrs. Wombat let you sleep next to her again?

After your crack story on ep. 127 I have to ask you, are you going to tell Tai you smoked weed? I mean when he gets older he might listen to the ol' CAG cast and ask you.

Hi Cheapy and/or Wombat (if indeed we hear his unforgettable voice this week).

Cheapy - I was curious how your "diet" is going. I bet all of the delicious American cuisine during E3 derailed your intentions.

In that same vein: What kind of crazy diets do Japanese people swear to? I just wondered if there are any crazy "South Beach" -style diets or anything similar in Japan.

I know that smoking is much more prevalent - is this how the Japanese curtail weight gain?

To Wombat - being our local comic aficionado, what did you think about the Ledgers performance as The Joker from The Dark Knight?

cheapy and wombat

i was thinking about giving in and buying a ps2,
any good ideas on how to get one for cheaper then 130 dollars?

thanks
buttle

Question to either one of you fine gentlemen who has seen Dark Knight. Great movie or greatest? Better question, do you think anyone can fill the shoes of Heath Ledger as the Joker after his brilliant performance of him? This is supposing that he would be in the next movie.

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

What would you guys consider to be your most useless or least used video-game related controller, peripheral or attachment? An example would be Cheapy's DS Web Browser or even the DS Rumble Pak.

Hey CheapyD and Wombat

I wanted to return to the Legend of Frank topic a bit with a recently announced title Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic. Essentially it appears to be a game that is very much in the vein of Smash Bros, except it is stripped from all character recognition and history. The title has been getting some good words around the internet and looks to be fun to play from the trailers. If the game is a success, what does this say for The Legend of Frank?

Dear Cheapy,

Despite the abundance of crap/budget/family-oriented games on the Wii, do you think the system still has what it takes to overcome these problems and hold its place as arguably the best-selling console of this generation?

P.S.: Congratulations on the new baby, Wombat! Hope everything's going all right so far.

Remember when you said giant bomb was gonna be a failure. Check it out now, their wiki-like site looks very promising and I may even homepage them once they really start to get going. What is you guy's opinion on this?

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

Have either of you ever forced yourselves into purchasing a game solely because that particular game had the potential of becoming a rarity or collector's item in the future?

Congratulations Wombat

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

Do you guys think the Sony-style price drop by Microsoft at E3 will do anything to stop their slump or will Sony's new single SKU approach at essentially equal grounds in terms of pricing keep Sony's momentum going through to the fall? Also, does it seem like that fabled PS3 comeback that analysts called a year ago that most everyone else put down is actually a likely proposition from what you've seen Microsoft and Sony focus on at their press conferences?

Does it seem like Nintendo's WiiWare's been a huge disappointment so far while XBLA and PSN will keep their good games coming through the end of the year? Maybe it's because we rarely hear of announcements of new games and see updated builds by WiiWare developers, especially Nintendo themselves not really putting much of anything significant on the service since platform holders should be the ones setting an example for everybody else on their own platforms. I rarely hear people in the industry raving about that great recent WiiWare game on their podcasts, blogs, or the game sites themselves.

I'd also like to give congratulations to Wombat and Mrs. Wombat on the new kid.

Hey Cheapy

Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember hearing on a past CAGcast that your wife was into the Fallout series, if so, how does she feel about the upcoming Fallout 3?

Also, I'm curious to know how much of the CAGcast do us listeners not hear? I know you take care of the editing, but how do you find yourself making cuts you deem necessary?

And congratulations to Wombat and family on the baby

Hey guys. How do you honestly feel about the 360’s video marketplace? I don’t know about you but I can’t believe people would actually pay for the majority of the content they offer. Why would someone in their right mind pay $2 for one tv show episode? Even if we assumed a good portion of 360 users didn’t have cable tv service to get the same content, they’d still need a respectable internet connection to get on live in the first place. In which case they could go to a number of streaming video sites like Hulu that have the same programs for free. Not to mention the somewhat morally questionable options, like downloading torrents off thepiratebay for example. Even with their movie rentals, you’d still get more value from other options like Blockbuster and Netflix. And with the recently announced Netflix partnership, I think it will become even more obvious how much Microsoft is gouging their customers. Maybe if they offered some kind of subscription service, where you could download x amount of shows and movies for free each month, it might be worth it, but as it stands now it seems like the video marketplace is set up to cater to two groups: the people that are too lazy to leave their house and go to a local video store, and the people who just don’t know any better.

dear cheapy and wombat

this is a little off topic but what are your views on the dark knight and the watchmen preview?

congrats on the baby wombat

thanks if this gets read on the cagcast

Hey Cheapy, considering how much you pigged out during your last U.S. visit I was wondering which restaurants you hit up during you E3 tour?
Oh and congrats Wombat! Now there's going to be a much needed increase of stories involving bodily functions!

bread's done
Back