CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

Cheapy,

So far I've watched 3 documentaries you recommended.

The one about the incident in Waco, Texas, The Vice Guide to North Korea (Mindblowing), and the one you posted via twitter about fighting games.

Dude, I don't know where you find about this things but KEEP EM COMING!

(By the way, where the heck do you find these things?)

If you feel like recommending any other, fire at will.

Is the Iphone turning into the next Atari 2600 with a crap ton of games on it and the normal consumer not knowing what to buy? Great show you guys should try using youcams.com for a live show.

Cheapy, with the rise of the iPhone and iPod touch, I'm just curious if you'd consider adding (or have any plans to add) a mobile gaming forum to CAG. The deals forum has a great thread about, of course, deals on apps, but I'd love to see a forum where CAGs could discuss them as we do other games.

Thoughts on Treasure World for the DS?

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/100/1000940p1.html

Basically, you get treasures when your DS detects another Wifi Network, so you can leave your DS closed running this game, goto the mall or around your block, and it will beep when it finds a wifi network, thus a treasure.....

Seems like a cool idea, and gaming needs cool ideas these days...

Thoughts?

With Wombat with a walking kid and CheapyD with a kid who touches controllers you're both reaching memorable (for the kid) milestones. Have you given any thought towards how you'll start (kid willing) their gaming lives? (i.e. will you take them all the way back to the NES or just start on whatever generation is current.)

You've both been known to trade in a game or two when you have good deals but have you considered keeping them for the kids to play when they're older.

Hey, Cheapy...when you were in LA for E3, did you get the "legal" prescribed gubment weed or did you go old school and get some street schwag?

Glass or paper? Inquiring minds want to know...at least this one.

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

I'm heading to New York City for a holiday at the end of August and was wondering if you could recommend a gaming related (or not) attraction to see??? e.g. An old arcade, a big gamestore etc..

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

With the Xbox Originals program being shut down and merged into the Games on Demand program that will house full Xbox 360 games later this summer, I wanted to ask you guys what you that were biggest reasons for the failure of the Xbox Originals? The high prices, Filesize when most had the 20 GB drives early on, the questionable lineup with Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Raze's Hell, Zapper, and Blowout, or any combination of these factors? Should Microsoft have placed more of a focus on getting the best Xbox games on there, like Knights of the Old Republic, Halo 2, or even some of the best games that are still not BC?

Hey guys! this is a hypothetical question for Wombat:

let's say that one day you go to the doctor because your groin hurts. After some test the doctor tells you that because you spend too much time reading comic books and playing video games your genitals are falling off. You have to quit one of your hobbies, which one would you give up???

Cheapy, last week you mentioned that True Blood is your favorite current show. I'm hooked on it too, and at first couldn't figure out exactly why - the premise of a show with vampires and shapeshifters doesn't seem like my cup of a tea. But Anna Paquin, despite being very hot, is an interesting actress to watch, and the entire show is cast incredibly well (another standout being Nelsan Ellis as cross-dressing southern black drug-dealer LaFayette). I think the actors' performances, more than anything, are what draw me into the show. Thoughts?

Wombat, stay classy.

Hey fellas, is it just me or is everyone way too excited about how the mission objectives are posted on walls within the environment in the new Splinter Cell. I personally find it distracting and unrealistic. Sometimes when I go out to the bars I have to pull out a piece of paper reminding me that I am there to try to get laid. Nobody writes that shit on the walls to remind an old bastard like me.

Dear Cheapy and Wombat,
From the recent listings, used games sales have been off the charts in 2009.
Do you think the used games sales are going to make you guys a used game "buyer"?
Or are you guys going to stay true and buy NEW games?
Or has the economy driven you guys to just buy used games...
BTW, how's weather in Japan and wherever wombat's living?
-CloseConfine.

This is a question for Wombat,

Since I have started listening to so many game podcasts I find i Dont really read formal reviews anymore. Mainly because i hear many various opinions and live arguments, with out the bullshit of scores and more talk about the game itself. Is this true for you also? Thanks love the show keep up the good work

Hey Cheapy and Wombat.

Just curious... with July here and half the year already gone, how do you think it's gone so far as gaming goes? Do you think there have been any game of the year contenders, or will they be forgotten come holiday season?

Dear Wombat and Cheapy!

I have a question or rather request. Cheapy, you used to give recommendations on CAGcast for Netflix streaming movies. I was wondering if you could continue doing this. I love hearing your recommendations and think you should continue this! Some favorites that I think you would like are:

Tokyo Gore Police
The Great Happiness Space
My Kid Could Paint That

Thanks guys and keep up the great work,
Testudo (the turtle king!)

Ps. I love your Laung Guyland banter, I am originally from Hicksville (IKEAville)! Keep the Strong Island ALIVE!

Hi Cheapy and Wombat -- I've been a lurker around CAG for a while and recently started listening to the CAGcasts. Just finished #166 and enjoyed it as usual; keep the game reviews coming, I really like your opinions. Anyway, on to a question ...

This question is for CheapyD: I was wondering why you live in Japan?

Thx - JSD

Hey Cheapy, I have a food question for you. Do you find that the Japanese versions of American restaraunts (i.e McDonalds and whatever else you have) are better than those in the states? When I was stationed in Korea I found that the food at Dunkin Donuts, Wendys and Burger King were far superior. My belief from living there is that asians have a better work ethic and higher standards then we fat ass, lazy Americans which in turn results in a better product.

Great shows, really enjoy them.

[quote name='rick1000']how about letting users post their own podcast in a section like the blogs or have users as guest on the podcast[/QUOTE]

I'd definitely love to see some sort of support for users with podcasts.

Hello cheapy and wombat do you think in the future could you include a mobile site of cag or maybe even an iPhone app of cag with a layout kind of similar to the facebook app but replace everything with like forums,blogs,deals etc?

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

Ive been using all my last gen systems while I waited to buy my hi-def tv. I'm still waiting to buy my ps3 with the "upcoming" price cut. There are a few games I always wanted to own for an xbox360. Should I buy them for the computer? (for example Mass Effect and Left 4 Dead) And can you recommend a good controller for the pc?

Thanks and Much Love,
Aquarius Dog

Hey Wombat? Did you enjoy your trip to Boston enough to go to PAX '10 East? It looks like PAX '09 West is shaping up to be sick but they haven't said a peep about PAX East. Plus you can make ton of jokes at the expense of Cheapy and he won't know about it!

Wombat, what deserving comic book character/series that hasn't been adapted yet would make a good game? I'd kind of like to see a Transmetropolitan adventure game with crazy drug power-ups, detailed political story with lots of interviews and sneaking around as well as the occasional fisticuffs and of course, the poop gun.

Cheapy:

Living in Japan and speaking English in your home, what will Tai speak? Are you and Mrs. Cheapy going to teach him English and Japanese?

Hey Cheapy, will Tai speak English or Japanese?
Hey Cheapy, will you buy me something from Japan?
Hey Cheapy, will you move back to the U.S.?
Hey Cheapy, how did you meet your wife?

Those have to be the most frequently asked questions. :lol:

Cheapy, could you contact the ECA or Amazon on our behalf and see what the heck is going on? Not only did we have to wait 10+ days for a new batch of discount codes, now they only work once and that's it. We don't know if this is a glitch or how it's done now, but the ECA has not let us know and it's getting very frustrating. Thanks

With all this talk of motion controls and how it's not for everyone, I remember the PowerGlove on the Nintendo back in the day, and I NEVER got used to it. Granted, I didn't own one, but a few more privileged people did, and while it looked cool to wear, it sucked as a game controller.

Several companies have Blu Ray players that are presently taking advantage of Netflix streaming. Why is it that the Sony PS3 does not have Netflix Streaming? I think its just another example of Sony's inability to procure contracts with these 3rd parties, so that the PS3 isn't left out of the mix. For example, when it comes to the PS3 they've missed out on exclusives, had DLC delayed (ex. Fallout 3), and they've had the release of games Delayed. (ex. Bioshock) What's the issue with Sony in your opinion (cheapy and wombat) are they that bad at business negotiations?

One week we had activision come out and say they need the PS3 to price drop, or else they're not going to support the console, and then last week Lombarti from Valve stated that they were looking to develop on the PS3... was activision bluffing, or is Valve about to make a bad business decision... was Sony right when they basically came out and called Activision's bluff?

This question I've wanted to ask for several weeks... Why does Nintendo use 3rd party companies to develop some of their franchises... Everytime a third party touches a Nintendo franchise a child of crap is born... [reminding you of Star Fox Assault, - namco, F-zero GX - w/ a slight hint of Sega] and now Team Ninja is taking a shot at the Metroid Series. Do you think that Nintendo should be farming out their franchises? Also is that good franchise (Metroid, F-zero, Icarus, etc) Also what do you guys think about the idea of Nintendo just farming out their franchises on a regular basis to different studios just to let them put their spin on the game. Example, Bethesda turing metroid into a type of fallout 3 adventure, or letting Bungie develop the FPS version of Metroid, letting SNK or CAPCOM remake Killer Instinct, etc.

How about becoming the hook-up for Japanese games for a few CAGs
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

What do you guys think of the transition that Xbox Live Arcade has made from being all about arcade-like experience near the launch with arcade ports and games like Geometry Wars to now having plenty of fighting game ports, PC adventure games, remakes, and console game-quality releases? Are there any other types of games you think are missing still from XBLA or is it perfect now?

The news of EA's Madden 10 demo situation makes me question why the hell they're not offering the 20 minutes to everyone, but just to those that pre-order to get the demo code? Shouldn't EA be pandering to those that don't buy the game every year and not to those that do?

Last edited by a moderator:
CheapyD and Wombat what achievement on the 360 was the hardest for you to get and, what achievement are you most proud of. Mine would have to be Seriously for Gears of War way too many hours playing but loved every minute I still play after getting all 1250 points.

Whatever happened to Naked Pizza Guy? Earlier this year it seemed like you were close to getting in contact with him, but I don't remember hearing anything after that. Did I miss it?

Hey Cheapy I just listened to cagcast 97 again, and you were saying that if you only own a WII you are not a hardcore gamer. Considering all the oldschool nintendo games that you can download and play that essentialy created the hardcore gamer, I was wondering if you still feel the same way? Wombat answer too please! I don't remember what his response was. Love the show!!!

I have been a long time listener first time caller.... (ack ack ack)..

During CagCast #166 you guys had mintioned "Who is paying $50 for XBOX live?" Wombat mentioned he did and so do I! I listened intently for a follow up on to where to get the discounted Live info and none was mentioned. This sucks for me as mine was renewed last week, but I would like to know for the future.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

P.S. Cheapy... you have mentioned Stern on the last 2 podcasts... he's washed up... try giving Opie and Anthony a listen to... they along with you help my work day go fast! And they work more than 4 days a week and they also come to work for the month of August! They are the workhorses of Sirus/XM!

[quote name='Cantaloup']Whatever happened to Naked Pizza Guy? Earlier this year it seemed like you were close to getting in contact with him, but I don't remember hearing anything after that. Did I miss it?[/QUOTE]

This. Give us something Cheapy.........

Question for Cheapy on Saints Row 2 (not sure how much or even if Wombat has played it), what the funniest/most messed up thing you ever saw when doing missions or just driving about in Saints Row 2 ?

my top 3 would be

1) Woman pulling ambulance driver out of Ambulance and beating him with baseball bat, I'm not sure why, I stole the Ambulance.
2) Gang members having a destruction Derby in the Airport with the baggage cars, resulted in many explosions, chaos ensued.
3) Brotherhood gang members chasing me on a "grab the ho" activity, I watched as their car hit a concrete lampost-base and they both shot though the front windscreen onto the road.

Game is fucking awesome !!!

Hi cheapy and wombat,
I was wondering if you guys think the COD4 modern warfare 2 "gun controller" would work well or just make you look like an complete
dumbass.

Btw, my wording sucks and what I was trying to say was "are you still going to buy used games when developers r getting no profit from it?" I expect if this continues, the developers would make crappy games in the future. What do u think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Cheapy (err, sorry, Wombat),

Glad to hear about the fine documentaries you've found via Netflix (Capturing the Friedmans is likely one of my favorite films of this decade). I cannot recommend "American Movie" enough, if you haven't seen it yet.

Speaking of great documentaries, I caught some at the Seattle Film Fest last month. If you ever run across these (through any means), they are well worth your time.

- "Manhole Children" = a crushingly bleak yet powerful look into Mongolia's ultra-low class. The story that unfolds, and the sheer chance that the cameras caught it all, is just astonishing. This was produced by a Japanese crew, so you might have luck finding it.
- "Afghan Star" = American Idol, transported to modern day Afghanistan. Fascinating characters in a reforming culture, you root for them all. Just got a pretty wide distribution for a documentary, so you should be able to find it.
- "Fig Trees" = Now this one might be considered "out there" by some. It tells the intermixed tale of modern gay rights activists, the history of AIDS, palindromes, Catholic theology and musical theory, all framed against against an opera conceived by dead stalwarts of the theater. I can guarantee if you catch this, you will have seen something truly unique and original.
- "Talhotblond" = This one I not only recommend for you, Cheapy, but for the whole CAG community. It documents the tragedy that unfolds after an online love triangle between three lonely people goes completely awry. The destruction and carnage that befalls these people (and their families) will make everyone rethink about how they handle their online identities.

I'm sorry to blabber on like that, but it's always great to hear another person appreciating the genre like I do. Hopefully these films can find their way to you and to all other interested parties, because the stories they tell acknowledge a level of human understanding, whether it be suffering or the power of hope or many other things, that fictional films rarely capture.

Sorry to not mention video games, cause you guys are doing a great job with this show. Please keep it up.

Hey Cheapy& Wombone,

First off, love the CAGcast. You guys are always entertaining.

I'm curious what you guys think about the announcement about more ads on XBL. Every website's comment/forum section are full of folks dragging out the "why are there ads when I pay $50?" argument even though we pay for magazines and cable TV and those are full of ads. Personally, as long as the multiplayer experience of 360 stays solid, I don't give a shit if they want to have ShamWow infomercials.

Keep up the good work guys, and good luck to JimmieMac!
-Ninju of the Ill Mind Society

PS. JK Wombat, you rock!

Big shout out to Wombat and Cheapy! Wombat does NOT get the gas face!!

One of my favorite parts of every CAGcast is when Wombat voices his opinions about the business side of the industry. I don't know if his theories are true, but they always sound very thought out and believable. He seems to have a really good business sense and it adds a lot to the show. Did you get a degree in business or did you learn it on the streets of Strong Island?

Love the podcast!!

Hey, CheapyD and Wombat, I was wondering what are your favorite 360 games that can be bought for under $30? Also, are there any comics that you read monthly, Wombat? What do you think of The Walking Dead and Y: The Last Man (no spoilers please for Y, haven't finished yet)?

Hey CheapyD,

Haven't posted in a minute. Here's my question. What do you think will be the big holiday sellers this year round for any/all the systems out?

- The Guy

Hey Cheapy, i'm a big fan of Sake. For me, sake is the about the perfect alcoholic drink next to a good beer. As an American though, the selection of sake here is pretty pathetic. I know you can get tons of different sake on a few websites, but I was wondering what your favorites were, any good standbys or weird types you've tasted?

Gentlemen, I am looking for some movie recommendations. I seem to have not really experienced an entire generation of movies from a certain selection of actors; most notably Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Chevy Chase, Harold Ramis, John Candy, John Belushi and anyone else similar. Any recommendations would be great, i've probably seen some of them (ie Caddyshack, Ghostbusters etc) but just let yourself go.

Thanks guys

bread's done
Back