CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

Hey Wombat, which iphone app are you using to track calories, exorcise, weight, ect.? Oddly enough CJ of the playerone podcast mentioned this week that he is using a similar (if not the same) app to lose weight as well. I've been checking out an app called "Lose it!" which allows you to upload these stats to their site and view friends stats as well... I think we need to find out who the biggest (podcast) loser is. How about a little cross promotional competition? Nothing will make you shed pounds like the ridicu... I mean... support of the CAG community!

Speaking of which isn't "The Biggest Loser" Xbox Prime Time the killer soccer mom app that microsoft has been looking for? Bet they could sell alot of shitty overpriced plastic scales, and project shitboxes to gullible housewives with that.

This is something I've been wanting to get you guys to weigh in on for a couple months. All three consoles had price drops during the fall, yet (as far as I recall) none of them did any sort of ad campaign focusing on budget games. Is it just me, or did they miss a very nice opportunity to throw down a couple more high profile games into their budget lines, and advertise them together? I'm pretty sure when someone waits 2-3 years to buy your console, they're more in a budget mindset.

And also, do you think we'll even see a Player's Choice line from Nintendo this gen? You'd think they'd want as many of their titles to stay on store shelves as possible. I know a few of their games continued to sell with ridiculous legs, but some of them aren't even stocked in most stores now, and I really doubt stores are going to start stocking titles like Twilight Princess again while they're still wanting $50 for it.

Also, I do like the Sony Dildo. Doesn't roll off the tongue like ShitBox, but it's nice and straight to the point. Keep it up, fellas!

Wombat:
Hey, in regards to last weeks show you wanted to know some questions to ask BioWare developers, right? I have a few:
1) How about some sort of incentive to play the same game or other BioWare games on multiple platforms? My 360 went bust and I don't have the money to buy another one yet so I've been using my PS3. What if there's some sort of online account (sure, maybe the EA account) that'll keep track of achievements on the 360, PC, and PS3 and can carry over effects on other BioWare games regardless of what platform you play on. I'd sure as hell buy more of the same games on multiple platforms if I felt like my character, stats, items, etc. could carry over no matter what system I'm buying it for.
2) How about some cameos or secret characters if you've played other BioWare games? It'd be pretty badass to see HK47 as a secret character unlockable in Mass Effect 2 or 3 if you have a copy of Knights of the Old Republic registered on their site.

hey cheapy and wombat... and shipwreck

seeing that japan pretty much develops every h-game known to man... what are your ideas on how the japanese will integrate microsoft's shitbox and sony's buttplug on h-games?

and for a little bit of crackpot-tery

and do you guys think this will bring forth a new age of way more advanced sexual experience in gaming? although it seems as though Sony has the upper hand with its buttplug because Microsoft's shitbox doesn't have tactile feedback...

again... I LOVE YOU CHEAPY and wombat... and shipwreck... FOREVER

Hey guys -- I need some love advice... Since all three of you are married to women-gamers, I need recommendations for some current-gen games that can turn my occasional-gaming girlfriend into a more frequent gamer like myself (i.e., marriage material). Please no Wii titles, though, since it doesn't take Dr. Phil to know most of those are a slam dunk for the girlies. Thanks for your wisdom!

Last edited by a moderator:
Have any of you guys gotten any of the DR. Pepper Mass Effect 2 DLC? Just to let you know you need enter the code under the cap, sign in to Dr. Pepper's website, sign into EA's website, and then sign into Bioware's website. Do you think this is a little odd?

Here's a question. I already posted it as a comment under Shipwreck's Mass Effect 2 review but i want you guys to answer it on the show.

Shipwreck, how come you all of a sudden feel the need to review a game you didn't finish? You can't review half an experience because the latter half could be complete shit and the ending could be a total crapfest. You don't work for Gamespot or IGN where you have deadlines.

And another thing, how come the last PS3 exclusive you reviewed is Shatter? We all know your obvious PS3 bias. Hating LittleBigPlanet, giving passive comments to Uncharted 2, giving an elaborate speech on how hard Demons Souls is but you honestly just didn't want to review it.

Come on, the trash you review is hilarious. Football Quiz? Jurassic the Hunted? Wizard of Oz DS? Wolfenstein?

Yeah all of that is much better to review than touching Uncharted 2 or Ratchet and Clank. I don't mind if you review all of the little games that no one hears of. But to just straight up ignore 2009's GOTY is stupid and all you did was give a comment on the show saying "Yeah it's good, lets move on"

I want to hear an explanation, you need to start opening up to more PS3 exclusives or no one here is going to end up reading reviews to GoW3 or Heavy Rain. MAG is probably a no go for you already.
Enlighten me

Have any of you tried the Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta? Thoughts?

A lot of gamers have been complaining about MW2 and its mulitplayer as "unrealistic". Along with bugs, glitches, and cheaters, some gamers seem to be put off.

Do you think Bad Company 2 will take a chunk of the Modern Warfare 2 audience (specifically the "hardcore" FPS players) or do you think MW2 will generally be unaffected by the game's release?

By the way, I love the cagcast, I think all three of you do a great job of expressing the average gamer point of view.

[quote name='antlp89']Have any of you tried the Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta? Thoughts?

A lot of gamers have been complaining about MW2 and its mulitplayer as "unrealistic". Along with bugs, glitches, and cheaters, some gamers seem to be put off.

Do you think Bad Company 2 will take a chunk of the Modern Warfare 2 audience (specifically the "hardcore" FPS players) or do you think MW2 will generally be unaffected by the game's release?

By the way, I love the cagcast, I think all three of you do a great job of expressing the average gamer point of view.[/QUOTE]

I'll answer that for you. No. Battlefield is a series I love, every version they've ever released of it. But MW2 is just too big for Bad Company 2 to take a huge chunk of the market from it. Even though MW2 is a broken mess of a MP game, the public appeal behind it is too large.

Hey guys,

A buddy and I were at Gamestop over the weekend, and noticed a cardboard stand-up for a game that comes out on March 16. Neither of have heard anything about it, but maybe you have and are excited for it:

http://www.metro2033game.com/en

After seeing the gameplay(?) footage, it looks decent. What are your thoughts, and have you heard anything about it before now?

I've been thinking of picking up Saint's Row 2, but I haven't played the first one. Is it worth checking out or should I skip straight to the sequel? (yes yes I know, welcome to 2008)

Hey cheapy,

I recently picked up a neo geo 4 slot mvs arcade machine for 200 bucks on craigslist. I have a few games for it but I was wondering if you can recomend any great neo geo arcade games I shouldn't miss out on. Love the show, thanks

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

After revealing that any arcade games on XBLA cannot be converted to Game Room and that only games rated E10+ and below can appear on the service, what are your thoughts on the future of Game Room as far as being a new, meaningful addition to the dashboard that people will care about? It seems that since the announcement was first made, they're just slowly trickling out the bad news that will likely kill the appeal of the service to everyone but those that don't pay attention to news sites.

As a married gamer, I was interested to hear Shima's and Mrs. Wombat's responses to Mass Effect 2.

My wife was very busy deciding which of the characters it would be OK for me to "sex up" in the game. She decided that Miranda was OK, but that Jack was for sure a no-no. While I found the mining mini-game tedious, she loved to "help" me by watching the jittery wave while I moved the scanning area. I really enjoyed this game, but it was enhanced by the fact that my wife got so into it.

Can you guys do a 'spoiler' discussion in the next couple of weeks at the end of a CAGcast? I'm assuming it's a good enough game to hold your attention. Cheapy, you picked a bad time to move! That's got to cut into your ME2 time.

This questions for all three of you guys. Do all of you have joint bank accounts with your wives? Just curious, because I'm getting married soon and was going to combine my account with my fiancee.

Cheapy, I know you're not Howard Stern, but how about at least AM radio quality in a semi-modern era? This last episode of the CAGcast had terrible quality, even for Internet radio. I listened to the entire show because I enjoy the content, but please try to fix the issue for next show.

As for my CAGbag question, I was wondering if you could cover the Xbox 360 Arcade Play Wireless Controller Gaming Pack. It looks like Microsoft took a cue from Nintendo WiiPlay by bundling games with a controller. It ships with 4 arcade games, however, the copy of Bomberman is completely non-functional. Apparently Microsoft knows about the problem and has yet to give a response. Maybe a quick air on the CAGCast could help get this issue a little coverage.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arcade-Wireless-Controller-Gaming/product-reviews/B002SU7GJ8

I thought your iPad comments were spot on as it just seems like a big iphone with less features. The one thing I noticed though in the tech specs is it supports bluetooth...which made me think maybe we would see a bluetooth controller for it at some point?

Not exactly something you would setup on the subway but might be nice for hotel stays etc. I mean the thing is pretty much just a a big screen anyway. Would you want to see something like this?

I keep thinking at some point the whole home console\handheld thing is going to mash up eventually where you could play the same games everywhere and just HDMI it into your TV when you get home. I felt like Microsoft missed out by not having some XBOX Live functionality with the Zune HD. Thoughts?

I thought the Interview with the Bio-ware Dev. was awesome, I dig that you let CAG's ask a lot of questions. As fans we may never get a chance to speak directly with the makers of our favorite games and i have to applaud the fact that she mentioned that Bio-Ware was trying to get more involved with the community. So can we get More episodes like this? Thank.

The new marketplace looks and works really nicely. The pages load a hell of a lot quicker than they did in the beta.

Are there any plans to add the ability to sell / trade consoles?

This is for Boatcrash, but all 3 of you can answer if you want.

If you had a chance at a one night stand with either Scarlett, Lady Jane, Baroness, or Roadblock (he's a body massage machine afterall) who would you choose and why?

Hey Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck,

As you know, many games come out to horribly negative reviews. A possible solution to improvement in game quality would be to, before a game comes out, hire a few reviewers to play the final version and give their feedback. This would, almost without a doubt, improve the quality of the released game significantly. If this seems so simple, why don't companies do it? This professional feedback would hopefully make more sales for the companies, and give us gamers a better time.

[quote name='Mud_BooDa']I thought the Interview with the Bio-ware Dev. was awesome, I dig that you let CAG's ask a lot of questions. As fans we may never get a chance to speak directly with the makers of our favorite games and i have to applaud the fact that she mentioned that Bio-Ware was trying to get more involved with the community. So can we get More episodes like this? Thank.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed the Bioware interview as well. I don't own an xbox to play mass effect but i'm very interested in it now and might have to get one.

Cheapy, you keep mentioning that you are still playing COD: Modern Warfare 2. Are you suprised that you are still playing and what level/prestige are you?

What do you think about teaching us a new Japanese word that's often used in games on each episode of the CAG Cast?* A lot of gamers want to learn Japanese so they can play imports that won't ever be released in their native language. Is there anything you can recommend for English speakers that want to learn Japanese from home? Are there any games you use to help you learn Japanese? * For example, common words like "door", "key", "treasure", "stairs", "jump", etc.

I'm a huge fan of the hype wagon but I realize that if your most anticipated GOTY is say GOWIII and it doesn't come out till say November it makes for a boring year of hype.

I propose a monthly hype wagon. How about on the first show of each month you do a hype wagon and limit yourself to games set to come out that month.

This way we get more hype wagon and you don't have to try so hard to remember all the games coming out this year. You only have to remember what's coming out this month.

Hello peoples. One of the black people who still listen to the Cagcast and love it here. I'm an OG (Older Gamer . . . 36) and I think Cheapy and Wombat are too. I'm married, have kids, am a lawyer for a large US lawfirm, etc. and a relative asked me the other day if there was a time that I could see myself not gaming.

I said no, but at some point, I'm going to feel a little ridiculous playing shooters against 12 year olds. It's not going to happen in this decade but I can see it.

So my question is, how long will the three of you realistically play video games? 'Til you die? Until your kids start making fun of you? When?

My position: I'll play until arthritis/carpal tunnel takes hold, but hopefully by then I'll be scrolling through the Mass Effect 20 option trees with the power of my brain waves. And I hope to be rich enough so that it is viewed as "eccentric" instead of stupid.

Keep up the good work and tell Wombat that, from one relatively insecure person to another, I can confirm that your role on the podcast is guaranteed and the arrival of the Shipwreck phenomena only enhances the almighty cagcast aura. Now understand, he's never said anything to make us think he's secretly worried about it, but if there is anything I know, it is my internet semi-celebrity thought processes.

You're the bomb too cheapy and wreck, but we gotta show wombat the love in the two thousand teens.

Do you thing console gaming will ever be big again in Japan? The producers of FF13 were talking about how they thought it would resurrect the industry in Japan

(http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/09/producers-final-fantasy-xiii-will-resurrect-japanese-game-ind/)

FF13 will be huge in Japan due to its pedigree, but clearly these guys are just full of themselves. Do you think that the industry will ever rebound, or is Japanese gaming culture too stuck in the past (arcade games/jrpgs) to ever really embrace ps3/360 and western influences?

Hey guys. I was just wondering... what apps do you use to improve the image quality of pictures taken on the iPhone?

Question!
The next generation is just around the corner and you are in charge of what goes in your brand new console. What would you do?
Cheapy you are Microsoft, Wombat you are Sony, and shipwreck/boatcrash Nintendo. Or be whatever company you wish.

Love the show guys, keep up the good work.

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR THE ONE AND ONLY " CheapyD " I WANT TO MOVE TO JAPAN BUT DONT KNOW WHERE TO GET SMOKIN SUPPLIES . SO THE QUESTION IS WHERE IN THE HELL DO YOU GET YOUR HERB IN JAPAN . HOPE YOU ACTUALLY ANSWER

I like to think that one of the best game of the last gen that no one bought was Beyond Good and Evil.

So my question is, what other great games came out this generation that you liked despite not doing well in sales?

Also, are there any games coming out that you are looking forward to, but may not be getting the marketing hype that will all but secure its success?

-Michael

Wombat!

If i were to tell you that i liked the last 3 star wars movies more than the old ones, would you:

A: Tell me I'm to young to understand (i'm 22)

B: Tell me that I'm a fucking asseyed retard with no taste or knowledge about film

C: Travel to Sweden, find out where I live and then murder me in a gruesome way

If the answer is C, what else would you do while you were in Sweden?

Have you ever bought a game based mainly on the fact that you enjoyed the creators previous works?

For example - To me, Heavy Rain looked like an OK game, but because I loved "Indigo Prophecy" (Fahrenheit to those outside the states) so much, Heavy Rain went from a "maybe buy" to a "release day buy".

Cheapy: Your recent post about sending all ad revenue to Haiti spawned this question in my head: What do you think of ad blocking programs? Do you loathe them because you want more money? Is it a moral issue? Or do you just not care?

Love the show, guys, keep it up!

Hey Cheapy,

If you sold CAG today and had the chance to start up a different website, online community, or blog etc.. what type of site would you run? Would you do another deal site, or just do something else besides a gaming site?

What are your thoughts of 2k giving 360 users a week of extra practice to try to win the $1 million prize by giving them access to the demo earlier then PS3 users who can't get the demo till after the game comes out.

Hey Cheapy, Wombat, and Boatcrash,

What is the longest you have ever put a game on hiatus? Recently I just plugged back in my N64 to finish my save of Paper Mario from way back. Do you feel like you need to relearn the controls usually, or does it all come right back to you?

Hey Cheapy and Shipwreck,

What are your thoughts on the Windows 7 phones coming out? Specifically about the Xbox Live support? I'm curious as whether or not you can play your current xbox live titles without playing another charge.

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

What are your thoughts on the internet's dickwad patrol spreading the Heavy Rain spoilers around the web before its launch? Considering the story and its twists are a huge part of the experience, it's a serious to really be trying to take that away from the people that are looking forward to the game. Can you think of any games you've enjoyed in the past where if you had the story spoiled before you could play it, that you'd probably not have enjoyed it nearly as much as you could have?

Dear Cheapy, Wombat and Shipwreaked

A question about "MAG" : Do you believe that working in as a team, for example having a good squad or platoon leader and being given objectives on the battlefield, makes MAG a better experience to play?

I live in the uk and bought the game and have mixed feelings about it, some games i love, while others i seem to get so bored i get to the stage where killing my own teammates gives me more pleasure than killing the opposite team, and with releaf i am kicked from the game. I believe this game comes together when people use the system of rank and commande to its potential. Do you agree?

thankyou

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to ask Shipwreck a question. While overall I feel like Dante's Inferno was a good, solid title, I got the feeling that it was pushed out the door a little too early to beat God of War III to the punch. Maybe six months worth of polish with a late summer release and it really would have been an outstanding game, I think. Did you get the same feeling?

Hey guys,

I just bought a Wii thanks to all the Gamestop credit I built up over the past week from all the info I got from CAG. I already ordered a version of New super Mario Bros Wii with the console and I want know what other games are must have's for the Wii. I generally like FPS and fighting games. Thanks for your help

bread's done
Back