CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

Recently I read about the game-breaking bug in the new Zelda game, Skyward Sword. I have purchased the game, but have not played it yet. Does this affect your guy's view of Nintendo and the Wii? Nintendo has announced they have no official plans to release a patch to fix this. Is this kind of behavior from Nintendo acceptable in a world hardwired to the world wide web and where games are constantly patched (Skyrim)?For me, this game has moved significantly down on my playlist. I also feel very shortsided by Nintendo atm. It's not like Nintendo has alot of other killer games on wii right now, and probably will not have one on the scale of skyward sword this gen.

Also I'm sure you guys will discuss this, but on the topic of patching games, how do you guys feel about Bethesda's patching work on Skyrim? As we all know the last patch not only failed to fix the game, but made it worse off, including glitching up the entire magical resistance aspect. Clearly, skyrim is a great game and very massive and complex technically speaking, and bugs around launch are expected. However, what is a reasonable time you guys feel a developer has to get their shit straight? Remember not too long ago, constant patches were unheard of or nonexistent, and getting everything right in a AAA game meant extensive RnD monies.

Also how do you guys feel about the ultimate shaft ps3 skyrim players recieved where after 20-30 hours of gameplay, skyrim basically became unplayable. (as of my writing this, I could not find if they fixed this or not.)

Dear CAGcast,

What is your take on OnLive coming to Android and iOS (with apparently the full-featured experiences of games like Ass Creed: Rev, Arkham City, L.A. Noir). Can this possibly work over 3G networks? How will being able to use a universal gamepad (instead of touch controls) affect your interest in the service? Will it be a viable contender with the anticipated console-like experience of the Sony Vita?

And on a related note, why haven't there been external controllers/gamepads developed for these devices yet??

Love you guys!

ben

Hello,
was wondering now that both Ship and Wombat both have Skylanders and it is releasing in Japan....Cheapy are you thinking of getting it? I am your age, almost 39 and gotta say it's a pretty darn good game!!! You could put two characters on the portal and play co-op with Tai! Would be a fun game for the both of you!

Great show keep up the great work!
Ship you and your Drobot!!! haha

just thought you guys would like this and I think funny skyrim glitches would be a great addition to the podcast and a way to pad the skyrim mentions to beat out Oblivion

I found a mammoth that did not have a giant around it so I wanted it tusks for the merchant quest. As it was running after my companion, another mammoth fell straight down from the sky and died right where the live mammoth was and the live one continued to run.

They said Wendy's is opening a restaurant in Japan, after being absent in so long. Will there be long lines or is the sakura service in full effect?
And what the hell is a Chicken Tatsuta?

Here's a better question to everyone, how does anybody feel about Nintendo signing exclusivity agreements to sell a few of its products at Gamestop? Isn't that a slippery slope?

Last CAGcast, Shipwreck mentioned that his 3DS gets a lot of use. Aside from Mario 3D Land, what would you recommend a new 3DS owner check out?

Hey guys, With the end of the year coming up what do you expect for 2012 besides what we know,Do you expect new consoles or announcements from the other 2, what about games do you expect any announcements from big triple A franchises or do you think that they will wait until next gen?

What do you think of Best Buy's ballsy posturing this holiday season in regards to sales? Amazon seems to be going after the casual crowd this year, while Best Buy has been going after the "core" gamers. Plenty of surprises so far, and taking a look at the threads regarding these sales, you'd think it was the end of the damn world.

In 2011 did the true MSRP on PS3 and 360 games drop to 39.99? So many games dropped so quickly or went on sale soon after release that this can't be a coincidence.

Cheapy, i've been following you ps vita coverage so far and you seem pretty underwhelmed so far. How does it compare to the 3DS in your opinion?

Cheapy, I'm going through the CAGcast archive starting from episode one and moving forward. There's some really great trivia in there. Here's one for you: what is the first game that you ever got from a publisher for free?

Answer:
The Da Vinci Code on PS2

Not so much a question, but just letting you know Cheapy I received Saints Row for christmas. Never really had much interest in the games, until the new one and based off your praise and DLC I decided to ask for it! So thanks and I hope others got it too!

Hey guys with GoDaddy.com supporting, then not supporting, (but still supporting in Congress) the Stop Online Piracy Act and the Protect IP Act. Are you considering finding another web host to offer discount codes for?

Hey Cheapy,

Is the Vita as big a piece of crap as it appears to be from your tweets? Makes one wonder if Sony can still compete is this space.

roughly how many downloads of the cast are you getting per week? I just started a podcast on a different topic and I want to know what I should aspire to

Given how much everyone seemed to love the Marvel pinball tables, has anyone tried the iOS port that came out last month? (Zen Pinball)

The Sorcerer's Lair table is free, and the other tables unlock for a buck or two.

Not so much as a question as a request for you guys to talk about the Ocean Marketing/PA extravaganza =) I want to hear Wombat's response on this since he works in marketing.

[quote name='dacool561']Not so much as a question as a request for you guys to talk about the Ocean Marketing/PA extravaganza =) I want to hear Wombat's response on this since he works in marketing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, another bump on this topic.

I'm still undecided on this one. How much of the responsibility, if any, should get put on the owner/designer of the product?

Have you guys ever picked up a piece of video game art (lithograph, laser cel, Giclee, poster) or ever considered it? Just wondered since there is some great official game artwork out there these days.

I think i figured out a solution which would allow your child to watch you play skyrim.

Bethesda should create a mode where your weapon would turn into a giant balloon, and and instead of your enemies dying they would float into the air and wave goodbye.

Cheapy, you don't seem to be the only one who hates the Vita. According to Forbes its DOA. Just 72,000 sold week 2. This will be the final nail in the dedicated portable gaming systems. Neither Sony nor Nintendo can make money and Microsoft after the disaster with Zune won't even try. IOS and Android will soon be the only portable gaming devices around.

[quote name='my2k2zx2']CheapyD, any idea as to when your DLC going to be available for Saints Row The Third?[/QUOTE]

This.. as accommodating as the Volition guys have been, does it seem kind of pointless now that the ship has sailed and the games been out for 2 months? I'm almost through it and was looking forward to your character but I'm not sure your DLC will inspire me to pop it back in for any significant amount of time.

More Skyrim talk please. Also Shippy any word about new release of Skylanders figures. Last question: Wombat why weren't you ask to join Vox Games... they need more comedy in that team!

Guys I'm having a problem downloading the show of iTunes. Half way through the download it will simply stop. I was wondering if it's just me or do others have the same problem.
Would appreciate a possible solution if you have one

Wombat: How the hell do you balance work, kids and Skyrim? The older the kids get the less time there is for gaming AND I'm more and more tired. I've got about an hour or so of video games in me a night and I'm falling further and further behind. Help!!

Hey guys it's safe to call the 3ds a disappointment so far & heading into failure.To ensure that the Wii U does not suffer the same fate do you think that Nintendo will do more to promote the Wii U but in turn take its attention off the 3ds crushing it for sure.Also how was the Pearl Jam beer Ship?

Hey guys,
My xbox (non-slim) has finally red-ringed. Unfortunately, red-ring my warranty just ended in November (It's like they know when these things will fail! :p). I want to get it fixed or replaced. It's $99 to get a repaired console from microsoft and it's $199 for a new 360 slim. What do you guys think?
Thanks, love the show.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Cheapy makes a comment on how he thought GoDaddy's support of SOPA was a mistake, promptly followed by his own basic supporting of SOPA :) I laughed harder at this than I did the poop story.

Everyone agrees piracy is bad, but that doesn't mean government censorship of the Internet should be tolerated. Sites become liable for user posted content. Links to bad sites can be enough reason to be banned off DNS servers. It won't stop piracy at all because it just removes DNS entries from DNS servers that comply. The obvious solution is to either go to the pirated site directly via IP address or manually use a DNS server elsewhere.

Technical companies are opposing it because they realize the technical nightmare that it would cause. That's not even talking about lawsuits because of this bill. It's a bad bill. Piracy is bad, but letting the RIAA and MPAA craft power grabbing legislation isn't that answer.

From what I remember of previous episodes, I think Cheapy is impartial to politics. I'm curious about the political opinions of Shipwreck and Wombat. What do you guys think of the GOP race? Who will wind up getting your vote at the end?

Sony said the PS4 won't be at 2012. Do you think Sony will release a PS4 when Microsoft launches the next Xbox? Do they even need to? Their tech is still pretty good and relevant—unlike the 360 and its limitations. Then again, I only use my PS3 as a Blu-ray player. So perhaps they should release a new console just to get rid of the ol' PS3 funk/stigma.

GamesRadar posted a pretty good opinion piece about the next Xbox. I dislike the Windows 8-look of the new dashboard. It's pretty clunky. That's just a rant. But yes, a question. What are your thoughts about Microsoft bypassing a Blu-ray competitor by going straight to DVR? I'm pretty uncomfortable about not having physical media for games. HDDs fail. Here's to hoping they go SSD for the 720.

I am still Amazed nobody at CAG has played the new Zelda Skyward sword play it already, Wombat dog name is Zelda yet strangly hasn't tried it yet.

Hey ship I remember when you tweeted "It looks like a high fantasy weekend" when you received Skyrim & LOTR War In The North early & free for review.I don't recall a review of either of these or even any mention of the LOTR game.I have read reviews from other places but you are the reviewer I relate to the most.Also I have not seen any reviews in awhile in hopes of that returning even for games you buy yourself now that you are done with Skyrim. Thanks.

Cheapy, regarding your hate on most Transformers, have you seen the Beast Wars versions? If not, you should definately pick it up. I bet Tai would love it also. It doesn't look like complete garbage.

As a consumer I love the new trend of heavy discounts for video games. For the industry however it's been a big hit to revenue with sales of video games in December down 21% in 2011 from 2010. This article blames the age of the consoles but I'm not buying that excuse.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-video-game-sales-drop-21-percent-december-013105257.html

When a $60 game comes to market $10 off, is then reduced to $30 in 3 to 5 months and $20 for the holidays, it has to be the discounting.

bread's done
Back