CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

Cheapy, what do you think of the new Spartacus Series? They seem to have changed all the characters but the Blonde Roman Chick gets her wabz out more often so cant be all bad!

I assume you guys (CheapyD, Wombat, Shipwreck) are friends outside the CAGcast. Do you call each other by your CAG handle or by your given first names when talking personally? If you use first names, do you ever slip up on the CAGCast?

If microsoft develops a tablet interface for the 720, do you think they'll improve upon the console/portable compatability and break into the handheld market?

Hey Shipwreck, Wombat & Cheapy,
long time listener first time poster:

- Did you every visit / had an in-depth tour of a development studio?
- Do you regularly talk to friends who work in the games industry and ask them about
"how games are being made"?

Working myself at a rather big FPS game developer that shall be unnamed, I am surprised at how informed/ misinformed you are at times about the 'development process' of games.

Oh and one more thing, listening to the backlog of episodes, I can't but notice, that you're all pronouncing "Mario" wrong :p

Cheers
Ternatsof

Cheapy, do the people of Japan have anything like a garage sale? Just wondering because you often talk about all the shit you have that you never use like the kinect, PSP, etc. You could make some money back I'm sure if you had one.

I just saw a blog post on 1up which said that this year's COD release will be Black ops 2. I read through all the comments to the story and there wasn't one positive reaction. Whether it's COD fatigue or Treyarch hatred, do you think this will be the first year in a while that a COD game sees a sales decline?

[quote name='ternatsof']Hey Shipwreck, Wombat & Cheapy,
long time listener first time poster:

- Do you regularly talk to friends who work in the games industry and ask them about
"how games are being made"?

Working myself at a rather big FPS game developer that shall be unnamed, I am surprised at how informed/ misinformed you are at times about the 'development process' of games.

Oh and one more thing, listening to the backlog of episodes, I can't but notice, that you're all pronouncing "Mario" wrong :p

Cheers
Ternatsof[/QUOTE]
I LOL'ed.

Hey Cheapy...with the popularity of zombies in videogames, isnt it time for a zombie doody? Maybe you can help make this happen by changing your diet for a week. I would love to hear a good zombie "poopening" story.

Last edited by a moderator:
With news of other studios helping on The Last Guardian, when do you think it will be released or will it ever be released? Do you think it can live up to the wait & hype?Do you think that the time has passed over for it & its time to look to the future?

One more thing, cheapy when are you guys putting out and iOS, android app out. safari is killing me having to load your site at time, oh and Vita come on Sony your killing a brand you put so much effort behind ken kutaragi must be pulling the last of his hair.

You guys didn't talk to much about the latest Assassin's Creed game. In the previous iteration, you guys had mentioned the interesting multiplayer modes. Have you guys played the latest and do you recommend it?

What would it take to get Shipwreck and Wombat into a serious multiplayer game like Battlefield? You guys are seriously missing out on some great fun, even for those without crazy skills.

How bad is the "Midnight 3/6/12 Mass Effect 3 PSN Full-Game" download going to be? The PS3 servers are going to get hammered. No way this ends on a positive note.

Rank 'em:

GTA3, GTA:VC, GTA:SA, GTA4, Saints Row 2, Saints Row 3, Just Cause 2, Red Faction: Guerilla.

I left out SR1 and JC1 because I can't see those doing all that well, but you can add them back in if you want. Or even throw in Crackdown.

Cheapy and Ship have said that the Vita should spend a little less time trying to give us the same kind of games as PS3 and 360 do. That Vita should concentrate on portable games.

While this was great advice in the PSP intro timeframe, is it still valid? If you want to play "portable games" you can play them much more cheaply on iOS devices and you may even have an iPhone already. It would seem the PSVita has to concentrate on the kind of games you cannot get for $3 on iOS, and that does get uncomfortably close to the kind of games you already play on consoles.

So where does the PSVita fit now? Is the window it is aiming at just no longer open? Am I doomed to play portable games with crummy on-screen touchsticks?

Oh... sad to see my question wasn't picked up last CagCast :(

Can I just drop it every week? How are the questions selected anyway?
(Oh gawd... another question right there...)

- Do you regularly talk to friends who work in the games industry and ask them about "how games are being made"?

thanks

Wombat,

If you don't own any old Midway titles, try out the Midway Arcade app for the iOS.
Screw the gameplay, I just like looking at a virtual arcade machine with the original art.... brings me back!!!

My question: Ever got around to purchase that license for Joust???

Ship,

A few shows back, you mentioned you'd like to see a Dead Space movie. What would you envision this movie to be if you had it your way?

You guys need some more Street Fighter x Tekken talk since I'm sure its a day one pick up! (No Blanka???? F THAT GAME!) Also, Cheapy and Wombat should mention the importance of Davy Jones in there lives, watching the Monkees on WPIX, and sing a duet. Also, did either of you guys ever send a postcard into PIX to play those intellevision games?

Great show guys!

I understand that Cheapy D lives in Japan and I imagine that his wife has a good job there and thats why they moved. I see Cheapy doesn't have to work and makes enough money off this CAG (which is work, i get it). Wombat and Shipwreck do have to work full time despite the income of the website.

Do you guys spilt the revenue 3 ways even?
Honestly how much money does CAG bring in on a monthly basis?

Thanks jms493

Since CAG is a sponsor of Final Round this weekend, can we expect to see a CAG sponsored team? Or at least more CAG in future Fighting Game Community events?

Also, any plans of a CAG premium membership? Some suggestions to include would be a new CAG shirt, exclusive deal/code of some type, video content, online game time with the CAGcast.

Hey Wombat, Community comes back March 15th, 2 days after this CAGcast airs. It'd be great to mention it's return and urge people to watch.

With the most recent addition of celeb nudie pics to hit the web (Olivia Munn and Christina Hendricks), which are your fav celeb nude pics to date?

I'm genuinely interested to hear how Cheapy finds the opening music. Most of the time, I'm convinced he makes them himself. ;)

And what ever happened to your vlog, Cheapy? I check my YouTube Subscriptions feed on a daily basis and haven't seen any updates in a while. You posted interesting and entertaining stuff.

What are your opinions on the fact that Sony and PSN still doesn't allow you to upgrade sub accounts to masters?

I made my PSN account 4 years ago when I was only 17 and now I'm screwed with the only option to create a new account and lose all my trophies. I think I'll finally have to do it now with the Vita coming out otherwise I will have no option to purchase games and play them.

Do you guys think next gen consoles will have digital full games on day 1 alongside retail? Also which one would you prefer if you had the choice?

I am disappointed you didn't answer my question about celeb nude pics, but you spent some time on japanese sex dolls.

Cheapy, has the Japanese started to indoctrinate you with their weird fetishes? Japanese sex dolls? What's next, waitresses dressed as scantilly clad maids?

what do you guys think about the face id failure in Mass effect 3? How the hell did something like this get past testing on a game with a colossal budget? How much leeway does a developer get when issues like this arise?

On a similar note, do you guys feel that uploading game data from previous titles will become commonplace in the industry?

With all Wombat's talk of 'Made in the USA' xboxes, etc...

I am curious about all of your slavefootprints: http://www.slaveryfootprint.org

I have 63 slaves working for my first world (developed world) lifestyle.

I am curious to how many are working for you guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheapy, would you play NHL 13 on Vita if released? I'm finding that my Vita is headed towards becoming my "sports console" of choice. Sports games work on Vita in a way that action games have been trying to, and failing- so far.

I got a question for the cagcast, I will try and not spoil anything

Mass Effect 3 ending is affected by the "Galaxy at War" rating, the higher the raiting the better your ending possible can be, not effected too much after finishing the game myself (I played online to get 100% rating) but the percentage effects your troops gathred in single player

my question is what if you don't have xbox live or unable to get it for whatever reason, do you deserve to get a worse ending after a trilogy such as big as this game after investing your time in it

I don't want to make this long so I will leave it at that, this didn't affect me personally but I could see how it could anger people that it does

Hey Cheapy, Wombat And Shipwreck

I live in the UK and with Game and Gamestation franchises looking like they will go into administration do you think its to difficult for sole game stores to survive against supermarkets? My first real shock of this was finding out EA denied them Mass Effect 3 and my pre order had to be compensated

bread's done
Back