CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

Since all of you are supposedly going to PAX Prime this year, what are the chances of a PAX Prime CAG party (similar to the E3 ones)?

Hey guys, love the show. The ME3 Spoilercast was fantastic. Loved getting your opinion on the ending. Wanted to pick your brain about the Extended Cut.

I've been following Mike Gamble's Twitter feed and it seems as though BioWare is in the voice over stage of the Extended Cut, which I would assume means that is one of the last things they work on for any DLC or game, for that matter. One of the rumored release dates I've heard is May 29th, but I have also heard that June 19th is the more likely candidate. Any thoughts or opinions? I would like to hope that it is May 29th, but June 19th seems likely, so that they can possibly talk a little bit about it at E3.

So Long and thanks for all the podcast after listening to other podcast, your's well...it's sub-par. But thanks your the cast that got me listening to other podcast. Cheapy your poop stories will be missed. I may check your 300 podcast as a far well. Love the site.

How come there's not more reviews on the site? As many review copies as you get, I would think I would see more than a review every 1-2 months.

Unless there's somewhere else you post them, it feels sorta rude that you spend maybe 3 minutes total on the Cagcast with your thoughts, but not actually a thoughtout review.

Hey CAGers! Just wondered what you guys think of Lone Survivor? I've just recently got into it and I'm really enjoying it, it seems to bring back some of the actual horror that horror games these days are missing. Also what is your view on horror games in general?

Been listening since show 1, keep up the great work.

Do any of you have a favorite restaurant from your youth that also had a game room where you could play games, win tickets, and redeem the tickets for prizes?

My favorite was a local pizza place called Happy Joe's. The classic kid strategy was: win 100 tickets, exchange it for nothing but 100 tootsie rolls.

Thanks for the entertainment every week.

Hey guys,
I love the cagcast. I'm keeping up with the new releases and have been working my way up from episode #1 for a while now. I'm at about ep 220, so im almost all caught up.

Anyway, my question is mainly for Shipwreck and Wombat since I know Cheapy's job is CAG.
- How do you guys feel about your day jobs? Wombat, I know in the earlier episodes you had some really shitty jobs and would talk about them in the show. Has that changed or do you still dread the fact that you have to go to work every day? Shipwreck, I know you've said that you work in a cubicle and have gotten bored at work on occasion. Do you enjoy what you do or are you only doing it for the money?

Personally, I also have a cubicle job. I am miserable almost every second that I'm there and can't wait until I find something else so that I can quit. The work isn't challenging at all and i'm bored all the time. I was curious if any of you guys had to deal with the same thing and how you handled/fixed it.

Thanks for creating an awesome site and podcast and keep up the great work.

Hey guys. So what's some of the funnier or puzzling hate mail you've received over the years, if any?

Since a pricedrop was anounced for the DSi and the DSi XL, when do you think there will be a price drop for the 3DS? Or when will a lite version come out?

Also, has Cheapy played Shadows of the Damned yet?

Cheapy - what did you think of Stern's first two appearances as a judge on America's Got Talent this week?

Ship - what prompted you to get a high powered gaming PC? What do you plan to play? Are you looking forward to the new SimCity next year?

Wombat - what apps do you find you use the most on your iphone?

EDIT: FYI Ship/Wombat - Drive is on Netflix streaming as of today. Now you both can be real heroes and real human beings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Cheapy, Shipwreck, and Wombat,

Since Microsoft and Sony have said that they're not announcing or talking about their next systems at E3, how much stock do you put into any of the rumors that are swirling about their next consoles? The Wii U rumors last year were a bit different since the flood of rumors could be proven as true or false a few weeks later during Nintendo's E3 press conference, but now we're looking at up to another year of rampant speculation until Microsoft and Sony can give us relief from the can't miss sources and ludicrous rumors that come from a friend of a friend of a crazy homeless person that lives next to a Microsoft employee. I don't see any reason to really care about any of these rumors until Microsoft or Sony pre-announces their press conference that will finally give us the information that we seek.

[quote name='thorbahn3']Why does wombat say bread's done?[/QUOTE]

Every podcast Wombat carries dough on his back. The podcast is over when the dough is hot enough/baked, thus the bread is done. I think.

Will you be Audiobooing more at E3 this year? Those were very interesting.

I also hope you will bring a camera and film a normal walk of the show floor. I just want to see what you see on the floor, not the fancy, overproduced 2 minute clips everyone else puts up.

Hey guys, according to a new report by My Nintendo News and several other sources, it looks like UbiSoft has "accidentally" leaked some details about the Wii U, such as price, release date, and an achievements system. If Wii U decides to go ahead with the achievements-like system, what do you think it should be called, what should it look like, how should it work?

Personally, I would like to see them follow through with their Mario background and make their achievements/trophies called Coins, where each one is shaped like one of the Mario Coins and have the achievement pictures on one side. They can have the same objectives it takes to get the achievement or trophy on Xbox 360 and PS3, but just have them more Nintendo-like. Thoughts?

Here's the My Nintendo News link:
http://mynintendonews.com/2012/05/22/wii-u-price-release-date-details-leaked-by-ubisoft-dev/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mwmike11'] If Wii U decides to go ahead with the achievements-like system, what do you think it should be called, what should it look like, how should it work?
[/QUOTE]

The Wii achievements system should be called "pissing contest." :)

When the next gen XBOX comes out how much effort do you think Microsoft will put in Japan? Does MS even need Japan anymore? I'm thinking they are doing fine without.

Quick Watch-This-Bitches question:

Are you guys hyped for Prometheus? I think I'm more excited about it than Batman.

Hey Guys. Cheapy, you have said in previous CAGcasts that you have avoided PC gaming due to pains in your hands. Have you had a problem with this now that you have gotten back into PC gaming?

Have weak game and hardware sales hurt Cheap Ass Gamer? It sure looks like people are on this site as much as they have always been even if they aren't buying games.

Wombat, as a fellow fan of Tekken I'd like to know if you got a chance to check out Tekken Tag 2 at E3 and what you thought of it. I don't care what Shipwreck thinks of it.

What are your thoughts on rewards programs like Club Nintendo or Xbox live rewards? A waste of time or a good use to get people engaged in your product?

[quote name='detectiveconan16']What is the most useful swag you got this year, and do you guys get into fights about it, like for the skylanders?[/QUOTE]

And the worst swag this year?

Hey Cheapy, Shipwreck, and Wombat,

Did this year's E3 provide a big blow to the pre-E3 rumor mill? The big rumor for Sony's press conference was a rumor about Sony investing in cloud gaming for the PS3 by either signing a deal with Gaikai or straight up acquiring them, according to what "sources" told various websites. What we learned afterwards from David Perry is that no such thing ever existed, which is odd to see a big rumor be so wrong about it. The same thing happened with the PlayStation Plus revamp rumors that painted a grandiose picture of what the new form of the service would be, but in the end, it was mostly the same as before. With the way that Sony's E3 surprises are usually leaked beforehand, those two misses were surprising for big rumors that shaped what we were expecting to see. Maybe their mysterious sources are the same as Cheapy's XMB redesign source?

As a website that caters to thrifty gaming, I am surprised that you haven't mentioned the great games being offered for "free" on the Playstation Plus service. Right now you can download Little Big Planet 2, Ratchet and Clank All 4 One, Virtua Fighter 5, Warhammer 40K Space Marine, Just Cause 2, Staints Row 2, Infamous 2, and a bunch of smaller titles.

bread's done
Back